Barbera Home Improvement

Founded 1970 • With Angi since April 2004

Free estimates. Senior discounts.no travel charges apply. Over 40,000 satisfied customers since 1970. Let us make you one!! Family owned and operated. Our company has been a family owned and operated business for over 44 years. Our business has grown to become 1 of the top 150 largest residential roofing companies in the United states. We continue to add new and improved products to bring our customers the latest in roofing and home improvement technology. Call 440-843-8987 or Toll-free 1-800-ROOF-PRO (1-800-766-3776)....

All American Gutters & Power Washing

Here at All American Gutters & Power Washing we GUARANTEE our work, from a simple cleaning to the most extensive repair. We also specialize in power washing services such as houses, decks, driveways, sidewalks, fences, patios, & roofs etc. Our attention to detail is unmatched, and our work is GUARANTEED! Veteran Owned & Operated.

Chimney Guys Ohio

Check our website for current promotions. All major credit cards accepted. Sub contracting not an option. We won't show up for another company, and only WE will show up to do work on your home. No surprises.

Josh the Window Cleaner

We are Northeast Ohio's premier window cleaning and power washing company! Our trained technicians are expertly trained to provide top customer service and communicate efficiently. We also have your health in mind by wearing masks at all times.

11/05/2021

It was fantastic and they were very good. We love the work that they did. They did everything they said they would in a timely passion and it was a fantastic looking job.

Description of Work
They sided the house and they put a new roof, gutters, and soffit.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding

08/10/2021

John Barbera is da bomb! I had water coming in through a light fixture and he and one of his guys came out within the hour (literally) and identified the problem (flashing boot on the soil stack) and fixed it. I personally know others who have used Barbera Home Improvement and have been extremely satisfied with his services, so I also decided to get an estimate for a roof replacement since it's old. John returned my inquiry right away and came out personally to review the roof and created an estimate right there on the spot via software in his truck and I had the estimate before he even left the driveway -- talk about customer service, efficiency, professionalism and being tech-savvy. John also brought lots of good information with him, including insurance information, a very informative booklet on how to evaluate roofers and what is important, which helped with terms, options, etc., that I had no idea of, which was very helpful. He also have reams of paper listing addresses by tons of cities of roofs he replaced and also the product and shingle color so a drive-by could be done, which was also beyond incredibly helpful when evaluating products and and color choices. I decided to get several estimates for a roof and other companies sent a "sales" guy who showed up and never took any notes, no clipboard, no paper/pencil, so when I mentioned things like: do you run downspouts from an upper roof exit into the lower gutter so water doesn't spray all over the roof, a skylight that needed replacement, valleys, etc., I could tell with some of these other companies, they weren't listening and not prepared, and their estimates reflected this. I would then inquire: I don't see a skylight replacement? etc., and they would respond: "Oh yea, I forgot about that, I'll add that in." When you are spending decent dollars for a complete roof replacement and some sales guy doesn't even come prepared, creates inaccurate estimates, it makes me wonder how professional and competent the installation crew(s) might be or even the managerial oversight, or possible warranty claims after the fact. John Barbera and Barbera Home Improvement, from A...Z were in a complete league of their own which became quite evident throughout the roof estimating process. Thank you John!

Description of Work
roof leak caused inside water intrusion

Category contractors,roofing

10/03/2020

I cannot even begin to explain what a poor experience I had with this company. To start, Josh had no intentions of listening to me when I tried to tell him what was wrong with my roof. He assured me his solution was the right one and disregarded all I had to say. After the repair, the company double charged me for the work. When I called the company, they assured me there was no way they could double charge and it must be my card’s issue. When I called my card company, they told me it was resolved on the company’s end, and that the company fixed the double charge. One big rainstorm later, it’s raining in my house and the repair (that I told the guy wouldn’t fix my roof) DID NOT fix my roof. When I called the company back to see about getting a new roof instead of a repair, Josh actually LAUGHED at me MULTIPLE TIMES and told me I would just have to deal with it raining in my house because he couldn’t help me until the spring—he’s just too busy. I picked this company because of all of the fabulous reviews I had read, and they were all absolute lies in my experience. I have never felt so disrespected by a company before, and I’ve never been so angry about the way I was treated over a service I paid for. I will NEVER recommend this company. If you want good customer service, and work that is done correctly, look literally anywhere else.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Thank you for reviewing us. We are sorry there was a glitch with quickbooks / credit card company and your card was billed twice. We had no control of that and your account was credited back. You as well as all our customers are important to us. We would never laugh at a you or any customer with a problem. That is simply not true yet you continue to post this. I personally offered to come out to service the area free of charge and my offer still stands at anytime if you want us to come out and put a tarp on to hold you over until you get a new roof we are happy to do so. Josh was being up front and letting you know because it was October, the weather may get bad soon, and he was afraid we might not able to do your roof this year. Josh fixed what he thought was the problem but since it didn't work we are more then willing to come out again free of charge as sometimes repairs do not work the first time. Respectfully John Barbera

04/30/2020

Ted patiently answered all my questions & concerns. Work was well done. The crew cleaned up so well you couldn't tell there had been any disruption. They also corrected the ventilation problem with my soffits. This team is very professional & believes in quality work. Will hire again

Description of Work
Gutters with guards so I don't have to clean gutters

Category gutter repair

02/14/2020

Work as specified in the estimate was completed in a professional manner in late December 2019. Unfortunately there were severe rains shortly after that with a massive amount of water ingress despite the patching that had been done. Barbera personnel came back and examined the roof leaks. It appeared that the roof was in worse shape than originally determined. They were willing to work with us and we were able to arrive at a resolution to the immediate problem. We appreciate Barbera's integrity, professionalism, and customer focus.

Description of Work
Diagnose and repair roof leak. (Estimate provided included replacing ridge cap shingles, replacing shingles where exposed nailhead indicated water ingress, and resealing chimney and flashing).

07/07/2019

All projects have been done as promised, timely, affordably, and with great attention to detail.

Description of Work
We have had roof, windows replaced and now siding added.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows

05/15/2019

I don’t have enough good things to say about Barbera Home Improvement. We worked with Ted T. and he was incredibly professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and an all around great guy, a real pleasure to deal with. They arrived right when they said they would to install our roof, and the whole crew was very respectful, hard working, professional and cleaned up everything afterwards. I was amazed at how quickly they were able to get the old roof off and the new roof on! We had another worker come back a day or two later to install our gutter guards which took him no time at all. I highly recommend Barbera Home Improvement for any house needs you might have. This is a great company that will stand by their work and strive to make their customers happy!

Description of Work
Complete tear off of old roof, new roof and gutter guards installed.

Category gutter repair,roofing

01/29/2019

The day I called, the roof technican came out and checked the roof . He described what needed to be done and said he would be out as soon as the roof was safe( there was snow on the roof). As soon as the roof was clear(about a week), he came back and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Leak around dormers on roof

11/24/2018

John Barbera and his team replaced the roof on my home and shed, as well as my gutters, gutter guards, downspouts, and de-icing cables in August, 2018. I am extremely pleased with the workmanship, quality of installed products, and responsiveness of Barbera. His quote was extremely competitive compared to the other 3+ quotes that I received. He is readily accessible whenever I call him with a question or request- even after the roof was installed- and he listens and works to meet every request I've made. A friend/neighbor recommended Barbera to me, and I would recommend Barbera to my own family who are looking for a roofing contractor.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, gutters, gutter-guards, and downspouts replacement

Category gutter repair,roofing

09/12/2018

WOW what service. I am a senior citizen in Seven Hills, Ohio and just yesterday notice a wet are in my master bathroom. It is a fairly new roof (put up buy another contractor) so I was very upset. I decided to call Barbera Home Improvement because they also did some work for me on my Brecksville, Ohio rental several years ago and their home office is in the Parma, Ohio area. John, the Owner came out the next day to inspect the area of my concern and assured me that it could be taken care of. John went up on the roof (in the rain) and assessed the situation and fortunately for me found another area that needed attention. What I liked was that he took pictures to show me. I asked what the cost would be and he was so very reasonable that I elected not to even get another estimate. Well, when I came home later in the day I noticed that the repairs were already made. Less than 24 hours my problem was solved. In addition, John took the time to check the whole roof for any other potential problems and there were a few that he took care of for me at no CHARGE. John, and his employees are all very professional, friendly, and craftsmen at their trade. I was fortunate the wait time for this busy business was minimal but in the future the wait would be definitely worth it. The project that was completed in Brecksville, Ohio was a little more involved and it was concerning the gutters and overhang. It was a big project but the end result was outstanding. Again, the crew was always on the job when they were scheduled, friendly, and cleaned up after themselves DAILY. If your considering any work, now is the time to schedule before the winter---get yourself on the schedule and you will be happy when the snow, wind and ice starts up.

Description of Work
Roof assessment and leak repaired

Category contractors,roofing

2014 Super Service Award Winner! Roofing. Siding. Windows. Ventilation. Gutter repair & cleaning.

Insulation, mold remediation.