Matt’s Home Improvements

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2006

3.8

Owner operated. Occasionally uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charge. No after hours charge. Additional DBA - Matt's Home Improvements have been. Servicing Cuyahoga County and surrounding areas since 1993. We provide whole house renovations, repairs & room additions. No Job is too big, or too small. We look forward to earning your business....

Extreme Concrete LLC

Specializing in everything concrete from driveways to decorative stamped patios! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

QPS Chimney Contractors Landscaping & Snow

Family business. Owner operated. We provide high quality at an affordable rate. Low overhead unlike the big guys. Call us for a free estimate!

Zen Windows Cleveland

Family-owned and proudly local, Zen Windows Cleveland offers high-quality replacement windows and doors. From start to finish, we provide our customers with an easy, simple and painless buying experience. We believe in doing things right the first time, and offering quality products that will last a lifetime. We only offer quality products and chose the best crews to install because we back it up with an excellent warranty. Unlike our competitors who only give you a one-year labor warranty on their products and services. Zen Windows offers you a lifetime warranty including glass breakage on the products we put in your home and back the workmanship not only as long as you live in the home but transfer other homeowners in the future. We like to say "you will never spend another dime on your windows." Zen is different on so many levels we don't spend several hours in your home trying to sell you windows we go at your pace and when you are ready not trying to pressure you into buying. Buying from Zen is an online experience and very low pressure. We keep our overhead low so we can pass the savings on to our customers. Personally, I have 26 years in the window and door industry and know more than most of my competitors about the products that we install in your home. Zen Cleveland installers have been the business for 25+ years and do an excellent job taking care of the finer details. Many of our competitors want you to pay in advance when ordering windows and doors, we don't ask for anything until the windows and/or doors are installed in your home and you are satisfied.

Offers by Zen Windows Cleveland on Angi

05/06/2017

Matt was hired by me to complete a list of work to rehab a house in the Cleveland area. He disappeared at one stage telling me about a family emergency that we now know to be a lie. He then disappeared again failing to finish the job. He has been successfully sued with a judgement of $80K against him (included costs etc. etc.). Of course he has nothing in his name including bank accounts. Stay awa...

Description of Work
Building work for a flip

Category handyman service,remodeling,garage builders,home builders,woodworking

09/14/2015

The drywall is popping from nearly all the joints due to improper installation, the molding is peeling off after being glued on in 2 foot sections, and the tile floors are cracked and coming out due to improper subflooring (not level or installed correctly), grouting, uneven spacing and general poor installation. The tile he put in my upstairs bathroom shower is not level, was installed without sp...

Description of Work
Drywalled basement walls and ceiling, added shower stall in basement, refinished 1st floor bathroom with tile in shower and floor and new drywall, re-did electrical outlets throughout house, tiled kitchen floor, installed new lighting fixtures throughout house.

Category contractors,ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,masonry,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,basement remodeling

09/08/2015

and bring them back to operating condition. I may it clear I would pay him for a service call. He scheduled a date and time that I agreed to. He didn't show, he didn't call, he didn't write.

Description of Work
Matt installed heating cables on the roof approx. 3 years ago under an Angie's List promotion. They worked for 2 years but this past winter portions became detached, and the back of the house portion didn't work at all, causing water damage. I contacted Matt to reattach the cables

Category masonry,roofing,water damage restoration

We apologize for missing our appointment but we were extremely busy at the time and your information someohow got missplaced. We are offering you a discount at this time for that inconvenience. If our services are still needed at this time please contact me at (216) 376-4778 to schedule an appointment. Thank you, Matt

04/25/2015

I never contacted the contractor. Forgot I purchased the deal. It expired. Such is life.

Description of Work
nothing. I purchased a deal and never used it. Angie's List keeps pestering me to leave a review.

Category masonry

03/31/2015

It was perfect. Jesse is a great painter, hard worker, meticulous, responsible. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Painting all molding, trim , and walls.

Category masonry,interior painters

03/20/2015

was afraid it would go over the 4 hours, didn't use.

Description of Work
Ceramic tile floor in bathroom

Category ceramic tile installer

03/06/2015

This was a special promotion for 4 hours of masonry repair for $99. When the worker arrived and saw the work we needed done, he stated it wasn't a repair, but a new construction, and it would cost an additional $60. He had us make the check out to a different name than the original business. I got the impression he was a subcontractor, and he seemed kind of shady, but we just wanted the work completed. We needed 3 bricks replaced/reset on our stoop, including one that held the stair railing. He said it would be a pain to replace the stair railing and he thought our stoop stairs only needed a rail on one side anyway. Anyway, we had to go find the bricks to match, and then he worked for maybe an hour to re-mortar and set the bricks. Within three months, the bricks were loose and falling off the stoop again. I feel like the whole experience was a rip-off.

Description of Work
Replaced three loose bricks on our stoop.

01/27/2015

Super nice and friendly. On time. Job didn’t seem to be done. The work that he did was a little less than perfect.

Description of Work
4 hours of masonry repair.

12/06/2014

He showed up without paint brushes to paint the room. I gave him a paint brush that I had to help him. My biggest concern with painting was getting paint on our new wood floors. To help, I covered up the floors so we wouldn't have to worry and he could just come in and paint. He got paint on the ceilings and still somehow got it on the floors. I had to call him multiple times for him to return to do the second room. He was supposed to come out the day after he did the first room to finish up, but he did not. When he finally came to do the second room, he hurried through and also got paint all over the room again. I had to repaint the room and clean it.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category interior painter

10/16/2014

The company did contact me and left a voice mail for me to follow-up. Unfortunately, as I stated in my original email, I had to be out of town for an extended period of time and I no longer need the service. I actually need to get some major masonry work done in the Spring of 2015 and will definitely give Matt's Home Improvement a call so that they can give me a quote if they are interested in the job.

Category masonry contractor

Renovations, repairs and room additions, plumbing, electrical, roofing, drywall, painting, carpentry, gutter cleaning, and masonary.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal