De Cesare Landscaping & Design LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since January 2016

4.4

5700 Goodman Dr

North Royalton, OH 44133

My name is Robert De Cesare, and I started my own landscape company in 2013. I hold a college degree in landscape design and installation and actually began my hands-on experience in the masonry field at age 12, when I began working with my dad in his business. I learned a lot about paver work from my dad, which has given me a solid landscaping background, beyond what I learned in college about design and installation. I know how to listen to the "wants" of my clients and how to "make it work" for them. As a small company, I am able to provide personal service and full responsibility for all work performed. I provide a full list of services (see below) and welcome working on landscaping projects, large or small...

06/08/2020

Steve B.

After some email back about my need Robert committed to come out Sunday. I asked him to let me now his window when coming. I never hear another word from him. He did not show up on Sunday and provided not contact thereafter.

Description of Work
Shadowbox fence and retaining wall.

Category fencing, basement waterproofing, hardscaping

05/08/2020

Grace N.

Rob is extremely unproductive and unprofessional. We were in contact with him to do a 6 ft privacy fence in addition to our neighbors who were getting the same fence, landscaping and patio done by him. He came out on Tuesday around 1030/11 (after he had told our neighbors, he’d be there to start their holes first thing in the morning) they were here for an hour to dig the holes and left. He had told our neighbors he would be back later that day with lumber but never showed up. City came to inspect their holes on Wednesday...Rob didn’t show up. He then told both us and our neighbors he’d be back on Thursday in which quickly changed to “Thursday or Friday”. Thursday evening rolled around and my husband asked him if he’d be coming on Friday. He said he was going to try and when asked what he would be getting done he said he wasn’t sure (🙄). Now here we are on Friday afternoon and he still hasn’t showed up to work on our or our neighbors fence. No text or phone calls even after my husband asked where he was. Thankfully, we never paid him because we are switching companies. He clearly doesn’t care or value his customers and has the worlds worst work ethic. Don’t hire.

Description of Work
Privacy Fence

Category fencing

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for leaving an honest review. It was tough to stomach at first, but I now understand it from your perspective. You're absolutely right, I dropped the ball. To be completely honest with you, this isn't the first ball that I have dropped. The truth is, I took on too many customers and have been scrambling ever since. I agree with you, my behavior was unprofessional and unacceptable. And frankly, I'm embarrassed that it has gotten to this point. You and your husband were super patient with me and I still dropped the ball. I am so sorry that you two got caught up in my madness. [Member Name Removed], for stepping up and helping me to see the bigger picture here. I am truly sorry for wasting your time.Rob De Cesare

03/05/2020

Peggy C.

I did not hire.

Description of Work
DeCeasar's was very professional but his estimate was way too high for my budget

11/11/2019

Faye G.

Entered into contract with this company in March 2018 with the understanding that my fence and concrete install would be completed by July 2018. July came and went and numerous phone calls were made and many promises and then excuses were made. Finally, I was assured that my work would be completed "first thing" in the spring of 2019. I was their "first priority". In March of 2019, we had tremendous rain and flooding, but they insisted on doing the fence install then. My yard was totally destroyed by their equipment as well as my perennial gardens. they left piles of mud everywhere and did not clean up after themselves. In addition, they left numerous nails in both my and my neighbors yards and we both have dogs. I did not complain then for fear of retribution on my concrete job which was to be completed in May. Again, numerous phone calls and broken promises were made. The last promise was for November. I was told that the cold would not affect the concrete installation which I found out is not true when they called to cancel the install "due to cold weather". I notified this company in a letter that I was no longer going to deal with them and definitely would NOT recommend them to anyone. I feel that I was made a low priority due to the size of the job. I also believe that he underquoted me and when he realized he was going to take a loss, he just kept putting off completing the job. Very poor customer service and sloppy work habits (cigarette butts and pop cans scattered in my yard).

Description of Work
Fencing and concrete repair

Category concrete repair, fencing

02/19/2019

Bette W.

Had to wait three months after we got the estimate for them to come and do the work. They would only do the work when it was raining because they had more lucrative work to do when the weather was good. Felt like they didn’t appreciate me as a customer. The estimate called for large stones to be put around the drainpipes to slow the water going through them. This was supposed to be new, clean material. What De Cesare brought was dirty muddy rock that included pieces of broken cement, leftover construction debris from another job. Again, I felt like they didn’t appreciate me as a customer. When we first talked with De Cesare Landscaping to get an estimate for the job I asked them if they would be able to gate spread, from the back of a dump-truck, the limestone to top dress our driveway. I wanted to put at least three inches of new stone on top of the new drain tiles, approximately five and ten tones of stone. They showed up with a small trailer with maybe one or two tones of limestone, which they could not gate spread. De Cesare Landscaping lacked the talent and equipment to do my job properly. I will never use them again. I will have to hire someone in the spring to do the job properly.

Description of Work
Replaced drainage pipe under driveway.

Category excavators, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

09/15/2018

Greg B.

Went great. Rob was awesome thinking of ideas.

Description of Work
Patio/grass

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

08/29/2018

MARTHA S.

He did a really nice job.

Description of Work
Drainage, lawn work,

Category lawn service

06/01/2018

JUDY R.

Received quote early Sept. 2017 and was told 3 to 4 weeks to do the job. Multiple promises later, including the last which was the job would be done May 12 to 15, 2018. No show, no message. Beware when doing business with this company.

Description of Work
Remove mature evergreens and replace with new. Small job (Quote $1550)

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

[Member Name Removed], I am very sorry about your job I apologize for never calling you to let you know about the job and when I could do it it was a lack on my end and sorry about it

12/07/2017

Teri K.

Robert and his crew did an awesome job creating a beautiful retaining wall in our backyard. They first had to demolish a waterfall and pond and then prepare the area for a 3 tier wall. Robert was very attentive as we described the type of look we wanted to achieve in the backyard. He worked diligently to design and create a wall and we could not be happier with the end result. Robert and his crew were on-time, professional, and conscientious every day on the job. Robert is an excellent communicator and we look forward to having Decesare Landscaping back in the spring to complete another job.

Description of Work
3 Tier Retaining Wall in backyard

Category landscaping, hardscaping

11/21/2017

Amanda S.

Everything went smoothly. He came to give me an estimate right away. Robert and his crew came and did an excellent job getting everything done even in the rain, and cleaned up everything too. I would recommend for sure!

Description of Work
New retaining wall, new landscape lighting, tree and bush removals.

Category landscaping, outdoor lighting

08/14/2017

Cheryl R.

He came to my home to give me an estimate for 550 square foot pstio, including steps. The quote was 7700, which was about 800 more than the Angie's list coupon. When I brought this to his attention he said that he made a mistake and sent me a revised quote, which was several thousand dollars more. When I asked him about it he said he didn't include the steps on the first quote (which I checked, and is not true) and the extra labor because the gate to my backyard is narrow. In my opinion, this is dishonest business practices, and I wouldn't do business with him even if he honored the Angie's list coupon.

Description of Work
Outdoor patio

Category landscaping

The coupon was for a 500 sqft patio and dosnt include the steps so that's and extra cost and the extra labor because of tight access is why the price was more then the offer

08/04/2017

BONNIE R.

Everything went well. Rob actually went out of his way to get the job done ahead of time for me because of out of town company that was coming. Had hired another Angies List provider that did a no show on me and Rob really stepped up and helped me out. I really appreciated him doing this for me, he had no obligation to me but went out of his way. I highly recommend him and would use him again. His workers were good but ended up costing me an extra yard of mulch because I told them not to put mulch in a couple of areas until they knew they had enough but they started with those areas first and I had to buy and extra yard of mulch which I wasn't too happy about. If that's the only thing I have to complain about I'm pretty lucky because they did a beautiful job. Do not hesitate to use this company.

Description of Work
Purchased deal for mulch and edging.

07/26/2017

Shelley N.

Great! We ordered six, they realized we needed more, they ran and got it came right back and completed the job within a few hours.

Description of Work
Delivered and installed 8 yards of mulch.

07/17/2017

Glenn B.

The guys did an excellent job. I could not be happier with their work as well as the cleanup. I will certainly use the companies services again in the future.

Description of Work
I had 5 yards of mulch delivered and installed

07/01/2017

Selvan S.

Awesome. Rob was great and they were able to fit us into their schedule (even though they were very busy). I am very appreciative of the work.

Description of Work
Landscaping package to spruce up the front yard for curb appeal.

06/20/2017

Cynthia K.

Very well. Prompt, good worker, did what we wanted. Cleaned up.

Description of Work
5 cu. yds. premium mulch delivered, spread. Bed edging.

01/24/2017

Todd T.

Quality fair price on time hardworking highly recommended

Description of Work
Had a front walkway put in my front landscape regraded replanted mulch xcetera new basement window wells backyard we had beds added new trees and new planting

01/20/2017

Susan K.

Extremely well. Robert was very helpful in the initial design and the follow through. He is continually checking with me to see that all the plantings are doing ok. I would highly recommend him

Description of Work
Complete redo of front garden and repositioning of the sidewalk to the front steps, and complete redo of side lot divider..removing old bushes and growth and putting in 12 western arbovitae.

01/20/2017

Rick L.

Great did an awesome job and on time and great clean up

Description of Work
Old retaining wall removed and replaced

Category excavators

01/02/2016

Kay D.

We issued requests for bids to 4 companies for removal of front walkway and front step, installation of low retaining wall on one side of walkway, and drains on both sides of front step. We were looking for a remedy for the mess of mulch and soil that ended up in our front walk following heavy rains from the 2 roof peaks that made our gutters overflow. We choked on estimates of 3 landscapers but were pleased with the bid from Robert DeCesare. Working with him, we were able to come up with the same design (using the same materials as those from our HIGHEST BIDDER) at a much lower cost. His lead time fit our plans, and we were so pleased with his work and the new look it gave to the front of our house that we scheduled Robert to do low retaining walls on the other side of our entry. Looking beyond that, we decided to "go for the gold" and have him tear up our shabby front lawn and replace it. We continue to receive loads of compliments on the "curb appeal" that has been added to our home. THANKS, ROBERT! Robert worked through some blazing hot weather to get the stonework in place for us on time. He never complained and never missed a day. Robert takes pride in his design skills and performs the job with precision. Highly recommend this young man and will hire him again for any work we may need.

Description of Work
Ripped up sidewalk & front step; installed artistic walkway; installed low retaining walls on both sides of front entry; removed front grass & installed new lawn.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for the business again

09/04/2012

Cheryl O.

Rocco DeCesare came out, looked at the work, call the next cay with estimate, dropped off the materials two days early, came on Monday at 7:30 AM. They were very efficient to let me know what was going on all the time, cleaned up everyday!

Description of Work
Porch & steps - complete tear down of steps and porch & brick work.

Category excavators

Wise Waterproofing

A Team of Local Waterproofing Specialists With 10 years of experience in basement waterproofing services, our team is here to help keep your basement dry. Wise Waterproofing is Northeast Ohio’s go-to waterproofing contractor. Providing professional basement waterproofing systems, sump pumps, downspout lines & more. Serving Akron, Canton, Cleveland and the surrounding area. **Get $500 Off Waterproofing System**Contact us today!

Salvatore excavating

Hometown Electrical Doctor

We are a family owned and operated electrical service contractor. We perform new work, remodel, & trouble shoot. When you have commercial or residential work that needs to be done quickly and with an eye for quality, look no further than “ Home Town Electrical Doctor”. We have the most highly-trained, industry-certified master electricians with years of experience working for both commercial and residential clients. Additional phone number - (440) 653-8167 Cost is determined by the job.

Offers by Hometown Electrical Doctor on Angi

Satisfaction

Landscaping, Outdoor Living, Retaining Walls, Paver Patio & Walks, Concrete Work, Bed Installation, & Tree & Shrub Installation., flagstone, timber walls, drainage

Lawn Mowing Service.