Calanni Landscaping

Founded 1987 • With Angi since May 2010

12412 York Rd

North Royalton, OH 44133

As a full service, design-build firm for 30 years, we assist homeowners in beautifying landscapes and shaping outdoor living spaces built for creating memories.

09/16/2019

Dave C.

Made a request thru Angie's list on 9-3 and never heard back.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote for lawn maintenance

Category landscaping

Sorry for not responding , we don’t provide lawn maintenance service

08/19/2018

Robert S.

After interviewing several landscaping services, we decided to go with Calanni Landscaping. Sam Calanni is very knowledgeable and takes pride in his work. During the planning phase, Sam always explained the trees, plants, and shrubs that would be installed and any information if they were appropriate for our yard. He was always very prompt to any inquiries we had. Sam hand picked beautiful mature sized plants for our yard. His team is also very professional, courteous, and like Sam, takes pride in their work. They installed a paver patio and beds with trees, shrubs, and plants for us. Everything turned out beautiful. We have received many compliments on how our landscaping looks. Sam is also great to work with. Besides his great sense of humor, he is willing to go above and beyond to make his customers happy. We decided after Sam completed our job, that we wanted a spruce moved to another location. Not only did he move the spruce, but he would not accept any additional compensation. Sam will also be installing our lawn soon and we are confident we will see the same great results. Thanks Sam and to all of Calanni Landscaping.

Description of Work
Paver Patio and complete landscaping for newly constructed home

Category landscaping, patios

Thankyou very much for your very nice review looking forward to installing your lawn very soon

05/30/2018

Scott R.

We were very happy with the recommendations Sam gave us for plants and other questions we had. He had a crew of 8 come out and they did the job in a few hours and were very neat and efficient. We would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Mulch, extend a bed, trim bushes, recommend and plant new plants to replace dead ones.

Category landscaping, mulch

Thanks for the nice review looking forward to work for you in the future

10/11/2017

Ashley C.

I cannot say enough positive things about the incredible job they did. Our yard looks stunning; we have received so many compliments on it already and it was just installed today! On top of that, Joe and Sam are easy to work with and very kind.

Description of Work
Calanni Landscaping designed and installed all of our landscaping. This included both our front and back yard beds.

Category landscaping

Thanks very much for your nice review

09/11/2017

Jennifer T.

They were on time and professional. They did a beautiful job.

Description of Work
Landscaping with flower beds and lawn installation

Category landscaping, lawn service

We appreciate the feedback [Member Name Removed].

09/03/2017

Michelle V.

Did an excellent job with the new design and the selection of shrubs. I wanted flowering shrubs and interesting landscape and Joe found the perfect combination to accent our yard. Work was done in a timely fashion and the crew cleaned up everything spotless. I had a couple plants that were struggling to survive and Joe came out and replaced them for me.

Description of Work
Replaced old landscaping in front and side yard with new plantings and pavers. Resized beds and planted grass.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

08/01/2017

Megan M.

They did a great job and did exactly what we asked for. Our patio turned out even better than we expected. Can't wait to furnish it and have our first party!

Description of Work
Stone paver patio.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Thank you for your nice review it was a pleasure installing your patio

06/14/2017

Mary Lou G.

Very well. Excellent.

Description of Work
We needed total landscaping for our new home, shrubs, trees, and lawn. We contacted Calanni Landscaping and immediately had a response. We met with Joe Calanni, he was outstanding. Professional, new his business, made wonderful suggestions for the selection of our shrubs and trees. We could not be happier with a wonderful landscaping job well done. Lawn will be put in September 2017.

Category landscaping, mulch

05/04/2017

John G.

Excellent, such quality workmanship and materials.

Description of Work
Paver patio and lawn install

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, tree service, hardscaping, patios

Thank you for your nice review it's been a pleasure working at your 3 new construction homes over the years

05/02/2017

Angie D.

Very well, would recommend Sam and his team to others

Description of Work
Landscaping in the front of the house

Category landscaping

Thank you for your nice review look forward to install your lawn the front in the near future

04/25/2017

Nicole J.

I couldn't ask for anything better.

Description of Work
Full lawn seeding, landscaping, tree removal, patio and deck install.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service, hardscaping, patios

We're glad to hear your satisfaction!

04/14/2017

Janeth H.

Sam Calanni and his team were very professional. They were prompt, and SAM communicated very well. What I really appreciated was that when they started they job, they worked with a full team and finished the whole project within 5 days. So many landscapers these days try to juggle too many projects at one time, and don't have the staff to do so; often times leaving your site for many, many days before coming back and doing the next phase. The job is beautiful in all respects, and when they finished, cleanup was spotless. Also, I had issue with one of the larger tree's growth. I mentioned it to Sam, and the next day he was out with a different variety and replaced it, with no charge. Pricing wise, Calanni Landscaping was VERY competitive.

Description of Work
Full, new home build (Nature's Preserve, Twinsburg, OH) landscaping. This included lawn, beds, plants & trees, irrigation, and 600 sqft stone paver patio.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping, patios

04/05/2017

David E.

CALANNI Landscaping was referred to us from a business colleague. We have built 4 homes and have worked with other landscaping companies and Calanni Landscaping by far was the best to work with. We scheduled an appointment with Joe who arrived on time, we shared our views of what we would like and Joe provided excellent insight to the type of landscaping that would meet our needs given our location. Joe and his father Sam did a fantastic job on our landscaping - hardscape, beds, plants, trees, evergreens, seed and straw, and coordinated very well with the irrigation company they recommended. Overall, we are extremely pleased with the end result at a very reasonable price. Unlike previous landscapers who would just come out and draw lines/spray paint your yard, Joe carefully plots out everything and created a rendering of what the finished product would look like. His father Sam worked with the nursery to select the very best trees available and was on site to assist in the planting and location according to the plan. Overall, our landscaping stands above the rest of our neighbors and many come to visit us to see what Calanni has been able to accomplish. We would absolutely and highly recommend Calanni Landscaping to anyone. We have made several references for their business and have recently hired them again to install a paver patio and fire pit with additional landscaping. Simple, straight-forward, and professional with an exceptional result. We absolutely love our yard!

Description of Work
Full service landscaping - hardscape, beds, plants, trees, seed and straw, irrigation, paver patio and fireplace

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, tree service, fireplaces, hardscaping, patios

[Member Name Removed] - You and [Member Name Removed] are a pleasure to work with. We're looking forward to completing your outdoor living space soon!

12/14/2016

Kris H.

I would recommend them. Quality of work was timely. They were easy to work with. Good communication.

Description of Work
Installed my basic landscaping as well as my lawn.

Category landscaping

Thank you very much for your very nice review .

08/04/2016

Matthew A.

Excellent. From initial consultation and design with Joe all the way through to working with Sam and Joe and the crew during installation, this was an excellent experience. Calanni Landscaping takes pride in their work and the attention to detail in our patio is testimony to that (see attached pictures). The landscaping around our patio was done with mature trees and plants - and everything is thriving even in the extreme heat and dry weather we've had this summer. Communication is very important to me, and Joe and Sam were both excellent throughout the entire process. We made some last minute design changes and they were very accommodating to understand the changes we wanted and make recommendations on how to handle them within our budget. I would highly recommend Calanni Landscaping to anybody looking to do brand new landscaping, redesign, hardscapes, etc.

Description of Work
New multi-level paver patio design and installation, including fire pit and landscaping.

Category landscaping, mulch, fireplaces, hardscaping, patios

Thank you for the great review it was great working with you during the whole process .

06/10/2016

Robert K.

Calanni Landscaping did a wonderful job. They were a pleasure to deal with -- from the initial visit throughout. We would highly recommend them and will certainly call upon them again for our landscaping needs.

Description of Work
We hired Calanni Landscaping to trim shrubs, design some landscaping for empty areas (plant new shrubs and plants), mulch the beds and edge the beds. Joe gave us some wonderful ideas for deer resistant plants. The team came in and finished the job in one day. They even were able to level out some of the stones on our stone patio.

Category landscaping, mulch, patios

Thank you for the nice review .

05/30/2016

Elizabeth P.

We contacted several companies via Angie's List looking for quotes for a stamped concrete patio. We Contacted Calanni Landscaping 5/13/16, and have had no response. Disappointing. I do not feel comfortable leaving a rating at all since we had no response but wanted to share our experience. **the form requires an overall rating to submit so I had to select one**

Category landscaping

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Please reach out to me at 440-655-6130 so that we can try to make it right.

05/16/2015

Tom B.

Over the last 2 years we had Calanni do our landscaping in both the front and the backyards. Over the last harsh winter, four of our boxwood bushes did not make it thru the winter. I called Sam on a Friday and on Saturday, he was out with new replacements. Sam was extremely prompt and attended to our needs immediately. We are extremely happy with our overall landscaping and have received numerous compliments since we have moved in, I would highly recommend Sam and his crew to all of our neighbors!

Description of Work
Replace bushes that did not make it thru the winter

Category landscaping

Thank you very much for your very nice review

03/26/2015

Salvatore B.

For the one day job, they did not make a mess and they cleaned up after themselves. He had enough people to do the work. So they came in and then left. Everything was clean. I was really pleased with everything. The whole experience was good. I thought the pricing was fair. The work was done properly and they knew what they were doing.

Description of Work
I used Calanni Landscaping. They put a retaining wall up.

Category hardscaping

Thankyou for the great review is was a pleasure working for you.

06/27/2014

Salvatore B.

In the morning they showed up with 3 trucks and a crew of 5 or 6, started to work as soon as they arrived.. Sam the owner was there the whole time. The final product was great, my wife and I are extremely happy. Thank you Sam and crew for a great job. There coming back to finish another job we had agreed on. Highly recommend Calanni Landscaping.

Description of Work
Removed brush and debris, built a retainer wall and added sshrubs and tree, mulched and cleaned up.

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

Thank you very much for the great review.

05/14/2014

Anna K.

Great! Very informative and was very honest that at the current time he could not give us a price (our final grade on our yard has not been completed) and would come out again once it was done to give us exact price. We had other landscapers come out and he was the most informative about the materials we should/should not use, when the best time to plant, and gave us ideas on hose to incorporate future projects into our plans (ie if we ever want an outdoor fireplace which we do :) )

Description of Work
Came out to do an estimate for a patio/irrigation system install/lawn install.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, fireplaces, hardscaping, patios

04/15/2014

JAMES K.

I called to get an estimate on some major work (a patio and possibly a retaining wall), he refused to come out because I was "too far away." While this is certainly an understandable reason, it was also a bit shocking considering Calanni has done the landscaping of at least 4 houses in my neighborhood. I will say that the reason why we called is because they seem to do really nice work and wanted to give him our business.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

We apologize for your bad experience. We misunderstood the scope of the project, but please reach out to me on my cell at 440-655-6130 as I would like to make it right.

04/09/2014

Lawrence H.

My initial call to Calanni landscaping was a week ago. The owner and I discussed what I wanted. He came out the same day with a truck load of plants to look over. He actually brought the nursery to me. I was very impressed.

Description of Work
Mulched front and back yard. 21 new plants, schrubs, one ornamental tree, winter clean up, pruned a tree, etc.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

[member name removed] thanks for the reriew , it was a pleasure working for you .

08/15/2013

JACQUELINE P.

Refused to hire him due to his attitude. There are a million landscaping businesses out there, we'll look elsewhere.

Description of Work
We wanted a small retaining wall near our patio. He was in a rush, gave us attitude during the estimate, and actually walked out on us. Said he had other quotes to attend to. He was trying to sell us landscaping that we did not want, said he had to keep six guys busy !! When I told him to include a drawing with the estimate, he said "what do you need that for". He questioned why I only wanted him to cut the beds out, but not to fill them. Unprofessional, arrogant, and condescending.

Category landscaping

We are very sorry that this member had a bad experience. We take pride in being professional. Please reach out to my cell at 440-655-6130 as I would like to make it right and improve our customer experience going forward.

05/18/2012

Lauren C.

They came to our house the first time and we walked around our property to see what they thought. As we described our vision they began flipping through books to show us pictures of plants and other home designs they had come up with. It was wonderful to have those pictures so we could make our decision knowing what the plants looked like in various seasons. They even took allergies and sensitivity to strong aromas into consideration. When it came time to actually complete the project they had great communication and were a very clean crew. We would use them again in a heartbeat because Calanni was wonderful to work with. They struck a great balance between value and quality. Compared to many of our neighbors, our grass and plants were a much better quality to begin with and continue to do well.

Description of Work
Calanni visited our newly built home and did a great job with our grass and landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thanks for the great review , we loved working with your family