Custom Lawns Inc

Founded 1977 • With Angi since July 1997

31856 Cook Rd

North Ridgeville, OH 44039

Custom Lawns, Inc. has been committed to providing top-quality lawn care service since 1977. Based in North Ridgeville, Ohio, we are a privately owned and operated lawn service company. We specialize in the care of established lawns, providing services such as lawn fertilization, weed control,

05/27/2022

carol S.

Tech came out on 5/18/22 just as a rain storm was beginning to spread Cool Power . He clocked in at 11:45 to 11: 57am. Previous visit 4/13/22 same tech...same yard...clocked 8:35 to 905am. On 5/18/22 I watched tech whip his little automated cart around driving with left hand and waving a leaf blower behind him with right hand. I felt sick but did not know the strength of chemical he was spreading. (Also caught on security cam) Result numerous dying and dead rose bushes, browned evergreen ground cover, day lillies and ivy. Owner made an appointment yesterday to see damage. I stayed home all day. Owner never showed. Note each photo is a different carpet rose purchased for $29.99 each

Description of Work
Lawn Weed Control and Fertiilization

Category lawn treatment

Ms. [Member Name Removed], it was wonderful meeting with you. So glad we were able to resolve your concern. So glad you are continuing with our service. God Bless.

10/26/2020

Patrick E.

Never got back to me after saying they would.

Description of Work
Called and asked for a quote for weed control.

Category lawn service

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], hope you're doing well. On 10/8/2020, 3:33 PM we did send you a proposal via email. All of your information is in our database. We would welcome the opportunity to be of service.

04/15/2020

rachael M.

The lawn looks fantastic. We are going on year 3 of using this business. Our lawn looked significantly more green and barely any weeds in year 2 after using this company. First year went good as well but we and the neighbors could really tell how using this service throughout the entire summer and spring/fall creates a beautiful lawn in year 2. If I had one complaint, it is not getting a heads up when they will be coming out to make sure we have the lawn mowed and to move things out of the grass. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Fertilizing & Weed Prevention

Category pest control, lawn treatment

04/06/2020

john S.

in the fall of 2019 I talked to Mike (Owner ) about a total lawn renovation in the spring. We decided to start with a soils test. I met w their field super Dan who told me to kill off my lawn and I paid for the soils test. I proceeded to kill the lawn in preparation for work in the spring. During the months of March and April 2020 I placed 4 calls to Custom Lawns for Mike over a two week period leaving messages with the lady who answered the phone (Barbra?) Not one call was returned. 2 weeks later I called again. Dan answered the phone and proceeded to lay on the attitude, he was completely unprofessional as I asked him about the upcoming work. After more than 2 monthst hey never called to coordinate/start the work. So here I sat with a dead lawn (which they suggested I do) and no contractor and its May 1. I spotted Dan at Site One the other day......he recognized me but couldn't quite place from where. ... in conclusion they are obviously not reliable nor professional. In business you always communicate with your clients even if you are not able to or willing to work for them. ....you return calls and communicate.....

Description of Work
Lawn Renovation

Category lawn service

We sincerely hope you were able to get your lawn planted and that it is now healthy and growing well. Scientific evidence clearly shows that a healthy lawn is good for the environment. Because it's around us every day, people don't think about the fact that a healthy lawn generates oxygen for improved air quality. Lawns absorb and sequester carbon dioxide gases. Lawns provide excellent soil erosion control. For these reasons and so many more, lawns are important. The 2020 season proved to be a very challenging one. If we failed to follow thru on your project! I will take full responsibility. Good luck in the future with your lawn and stay healthy.

11/10/2018

Bruce B.

They performed the work I paid for but the results were not as good as I expected.

Description of Work
Fertilizing and improving lawn appearance

10/21/2018

John T.

We have used Custom Lawns since 1979, and I would use no one else. Real pros, and both courteous and respectful.

Description of Work
Lawn Treatment

09/21/2018

Evelyn J.

My lawn just got the treatment yesterday, so I can't speak to results yet, but this company is so meticulous and professional that I am already in awe.

Description of Work
Addressing weeds and invasive plants

06/19/2018

William E.

So far the lawn looks great and the weeds show signs of being gone.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizer and weed killing

05/13/2018

Bruce S.

I actually have used Custom Lawns since 2014. I am completely satisfied with their services. Their prices are very reasonable. Their technicians have been very knowledgeable, efficient, and courteous. I highly recommend using Custom Lawns Inc.

Description of Work
Fertilize Lawn

05/10/2018

Michael H.

Custom Lawns are very response and easy to work with

Description of Work
Custom Lawn's 5 Step Program

08/03/2017

Steven H.

They have done very well so far. My husband is very satisfied with them. They leave everything very clean.

04/06/2017

Linda K.

All good so far. The charge to my cc went through as agreed upon. The service came by for the first treatment a week or so later, and left the flag of notice to passers by. At the moment, the grass is very green and healthy-looking so I am pleased as punch. Looking forward to the same for the rest of the summer.

Description of Work
Secured contract for summer fertilization of my lawn, all treatments paid in advance. This is the first year I am using Custom Lawns, which I found as A rated on Angies List. I had a few specific requests--for instance, about they type of applications, the fertilizer used, the day of the week best for applications, etc.. The owner, who was the person with whom I spoke, answered all questions in a way that I could understand and accept, and in a friendly manner. I also wanted a promise of no marketing calls to my phone, and he agreed to that.

01/04/2017

ellen S.

My lawn was sad with turf death from grubs. Next year lawn was the best in the neighborhood. The greenest grass; my neighbors with organic service are so lacking. From my door the greenest grass isn't across the street; it is in my yard!

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization, grub control. Aeration.

12/27/2016

Luciana D.

He didn't try to up sell me. One thing I really like is, the same guy comes every time. I really love that about them. They transformed my yard from barely no grass to a luscious green lawn.

Description of Work
They fertilize my grass. They come out 5 times a year for treatments.

11/30/2016

MARK R.

Hired custom lawns in the middle of the year (2016) and in that short time they have my lawn looking better than it ever has. PS anyone want to buy a spreader

Description of Work
lawn treatment

11/18/2016

REBECCA L.

Seems fine. Take directions well. I asked them not to bother me, they come and do their work and I don't know they're here. Perfect!

Description of Work
Clean up, fertilize.

09/20/2016

Sarah L.

Quality company with a great price for seasonal lawn treatments.

Description of Work
quarterly lawn treatment

09/20/2016

Sarah L.

Work is timely, invoicing/payment is easy and prices are very competitive.

Description of Work
We use Custom Lawns for all lawn applications throughout the year (5 treatments total).

06/07/2016

Justin G.

From our first interaction, Mike and Custom Lawns were more polished than their competitors. There was no rush, no overselling, and he really took the time to understand my lawn's situation and needs. I was impressed to receive a very sharp bid with a clear breakdown of the services we discussed. It even had a cool photo of my home. They were a couple bucks more expensive per application of fertilizer than their main competitor, but they far surpassed them in professionalism. That tradition has continued as they serviced my property. I can always reach somebody by phone and Mike even responds to e-mails. What makes this program unique, it that they offer services that really compliment your fertilization, like aeration and soil analysis, at an amazing value. I paid for more than half of my season of fertilization by what I saved in aeration costs alone. By no fault of his own, Mike and his crew were faced with what could have been a very awkward situation--he handled it with humility and grace. But, just as important, what are the effects? I told Mike that I would judge him by his ability to effectively control the clover in my lawn. I have been unsuccessfully trying to kill it for two years now. Well, after only one treatment, the clover is dead or severely damaged. While white clover flowers are popping up all over the lawns in my neighborhood, I don't have a single one anywhere in mine. A job very well done. I can't wait to see what the lawn looks like at the end of the season.

Description of Work
Five-step lawn fertilization, soil analysis, and aeration.

03/27/2016

David B.

Great service. Fast response to initial call. I prepay for the entire year - saves me a little money. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Periodic fertilizer and weed killer.

03/20/2016

Joe S.

I was looking for a company to do lawncare at my residence. I came across Custom Lawns and was impressed with all of the good reviews here. It was Sunday, so I went to their website and submitted my info for them to contact me. I never heard anything back. I don't chase people to give them my money, there's too much competition in the marketplace for that.

Description of Work
They lost my business before they ever had it.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], WE WANT YOUR BUSINESS; WE NEED YOUR BUSINESS; for whatever reason we never received your request for an estimate? We will stop at your home today 3/21/16 and leave you with a proposal. Yours very truly, Mike Turner / Custom Lawns Inc.

08/21/2015

Stephanie S.

In the last year, my lawn has gone from weed covered, to almost weedless. up until the last couple weeks, it has been green and healthy. Only has turned spotted with brown because I don't water it! Owner is very helpful, explaining how their services work, and the office is very friendly if you ever have a question. I also find it pretty affordable at about $35 per time. Very happy with this service

Description of Work
They have been taking care of my lawn for about 1 year

07/21/2015

Hector C.

Custom Lawns performed annual lawn fertilization. They are professional, prompt and responsive. The lawn products used kept our lawn free of weeds and looking green and healthy.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization and Treatment

07/16/2015

Pauline S.

It worked out good so far. This is the first time this year that I have used them.

Description of Work
Fertilization

07/14/2015

Deborah S.

We have had them for a few years. They are fine. It costs $55 per application.

Description of Work
Custom Lawns does our lawn. They take care of the lawn.