STEVE'S HOME MAINTENANCE

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2002

6058 FITCH RD.

North Olmsted, OH 44070

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB.

06/15/2021

Deb L.

He did excellent work, very reasonable, very neat worker. He goes above and beyond. He is very good. If I ask him for a job and he cannot do it, he will tell you upfront and will refer you to someone who is knowledgeable. But most task that I ask him to do, he was able to do it.

Description of Work
Did various home maintenance job. Works on my furnace.

08/06/2020

Jon W.

Very well - I am happy with Steve's professionalism and ability.

Description of Work
Toilet seal

Category appliance repair, plumbing

07/24/2020

Kevin G.

Steve is one of the kindest and most honest and genuine people you will ever meet. I called him because my A/C unit was not cooling properly and was freezing up. i had previously called another company to address this, but the company said it was a leak that they couldn't find. Steve came out, quickly determined there was no leak, and ultimately narrowed it down to an airflow problem. He is very knowledgeable but also humble. When he didn't know the answer to something, he admitted it, and he did additional researched and consulted with a colleague to determine the problem and the best way to fix it. My issue was completely repaired, and Steve went above and beyond for an extremely reasonable price. It's hard to find an honest handyman with integrity, but Steve absolutely fits the bill. I would absolutely not hesitate to call him in a heartbeat for any home maintenance issue.

Description of Work
A/C Unit was not cooling properly and was freezing up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

01/18/2020

MARGUERITE W.

Steve is always quick to respond to requests. He has done several other repairs for my family member who lives in Cleveland. He's easy to work with and always helpful. Can't recommend him highly enough.

Description of Work
Porch stairs repaired; Window repair

12/03/2018

Colleen H.

The work went well. It was easy to see that Steve knew what he was doing with the wiring and install of the new lights and he did it efficiently. He also agreed to check out a faulty water shut off valve but ended up replacing it with a new one from the stock in his truck. What's more, he took all the old parts for disposal when he left. We'd certainly hire him again.

Description of Work
Installation of six replacement fluorescent fixtures and replacement of a water shut off valve.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

10/13/2018

Jim J.

Steve was awesome to work with! He arrived on time and completed the two jobs quickly and clean! Highly recommend him for any type of handyman need you may have!!

Description of Work
Sump pump battery back up and two interior shades hung

09/20/2018

Marie P.

Steve made the job look easy and did the job right. He made sure he knew where he should drill so the curtains would hang the way I wanted. He was very neat, cleaning up as he went. There was no mess whatsoever when he left. Steve is a very nice person, and I hope he can do more work at our house in the future.

Description of Work
Install new curtain rods and remove old ones

08/24/2018

MARGUERITE W.

Steve did home repairs, 3 years ago when an elderly relative was in the hospital. We needed more things done and called on Steve again. He was very accommodating about coming when I could get to Cleveland from 2+ hours away. We showed him what needed to be done. His price included going to the store to get the materials. He is reliable, punctual, and does a great job.

Description of Work
4 dead bolt locks installed, a toilet repaired and replaced the mechanism on a storm door

11/30/2017

Vanessa F.

outstanding! Steve cleaned our gutters, removed part of a fence for us, repaired a fence gate and an indoor railing as well as trimmed trees. He called to tell us when he would arrive and was on time as well as went above and beyond in doing a great job for us at a reasonable price. We have had Steve help us before and he always does a great job. This gentleman is courteous, professional and a pleasure to have in our home. We feel truly blessed to know him and we recommend him often.

Description of Work
clean gutters, trim trees, fix fence gate, remove one part of a fence, fix indoor railing

10/05/2017

Cynthia D.

Steve was professional, competent, and easy to work with. Nice job.

Description of Work
Flat screen tv. Wired and installed above fireplace

06/02/2017

Kathleen N.

He did not do work for me. I will not waste my time trying to reach him again.

Description of Work
I called twice and explained the odd jobs I needed done. He never responded. I think a professional handyman should have the courtesy to let you know if he's available.

03/03/2017

DANA B.

I just purchased a condo and had a home inspection done in Nov. Obviously, Steve's a very busy guy because whenever I called him, I had to leave a message but he returned my phone calls within 1 or 2 days. We scheduled a time for him to come and provide an estimate and he had to squeeze me in, couldn't make it, had to reschedule, but that was all fine. When he came over he was very nice, took a look at a few of the items that came up in the inspection and gave me some tips on taking care of the heating/cooling system. The electrical work is what really concerned me and we talked about replacing the panel, he was going to run a ground wire through my utility room and sun room to a new ground rod that he was going to install outside. He even asked me if I wanted the wire to run across the wall or along the floor of the sun room and I decided on the floor since I thought that would be less conspicuous. He was also supposed to run a bonding wire to the water main and bond the water lines and gas line. He took down my e-mail address and told me he would e-mail me a quote. This was mid-December and since it was the holiday season, I really didn't think anything of it when it had been a couple of weeks and I hadn't gotten the quote. I called him early in Jan to follow up and instead of e-mailing me the quote, he came over and delivered it to me personally. I told him he didn't have to go to such lengths -- I understood it was the holidays but he said since he lived around the corner it wasn't very much trouble at all. A couple of weeks after receiving the quote, I called and left him a message to schedule the work and when he didn't call me back for three days, I tried again and left another message. I haven't heard from Steve since.

Description of Work
Replace electrical panel, run ground wire and bonding wire

Category electrician

02/01/2017

DEBBIE L.

He's very reasonable. He does good work, he's fair, and he very professional, punctual.

Description of Work
Minor home repairs.

11/07/2016

Jean V.

Steve did a great job. He was honest about the repair and charged a very fair price. He also returned calls and showed up on time. I would definitely do business with him again.

Description of Work
repaired patio screen door lock

10/10/2016

Deb L.

Excellent work, reasonable prices, neatness, dependability. He has been my handyman for several years & I give him an A + in all categories. When a job has been out of his field (only occasionally), he has given me reliable referrals. He has been invaluable to me as a home owner.

Description of Work
Various handyman jobs: plumbing, electrical, furnace, installation of smoke detectors, minor home repairs, etc..

Category electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, drain cleaning

09/25/2016

JANE K.

Steve worked for me several times over a period of years. His work was completely satisfactory. I have contacted him twice over the last couple of years and he has not returned my call. I am not sure why. I am gussing that the jobs might be smaller than he is used to. If that is the case, i understand. The professional thing for him to do is call me and say so.

Description of Work
Smoke alarm installation, light gas fireplace

10/31/2015

Ray B.

Called and left a message to contact with a return phone number. Never heard back. He must be very busy.

Description of Work
nothing

10/12/2015

SCHINDELAR L.

Steve spent nearly 4 hours cleaning 2 very old and very dirty furnaces that would not pass inspection in their current condition. Prompt and quick to respond.

Description of Work
Thoroughly cleaned 2 very old furnaces including the removal of the blowers which he cleaned also. Also repaired a hot water tank that an inspector found to be leaking gas. Neither furnace was burning properly and one had a substantial area that did not light up at all.

Category handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

09/29/2015

Vanessa F.

My husband and I have called upon Steve more than once and he has always done a fabulous job. My husband has developed some serious health issues that have prevented him from maintaining parts of our yard properly, especially some trees. Steve responded to our request in a timely manner and arrived as promised. This man even worked in the rain at times! The tree work was enormous---our front yard was beginning to look like a jungle! He did an amazing job and was neat and tidy in clearing all the yard waste such as branches, etc. and placing them in neat little bundles on the curb lawn for our city to pick up. Steve worked tirelessly for several hours and went above and beyond what we expected. Now our yard is so much neater, brighter and attractive in appearance. This man is a professional and a true gentleman---kind, polite and eager to help. He has been filled with compassion for our situation. Steve is a blessing to us and a real joy to have in our home. He has many areas of expertise and is very honest. We would recommend him highly to everyone!

Description of Work
Extensive yard work/tree trimming

09/23/2015

Joseph W.

Awesome job at fair price. Great to deal with!

Description of Work
Installed duct work and wired second floor of office.

Category appliance repair, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/04/2015

Kurt S.

He did a great job very quickly and even found and fixed a problem I didn't know I had. A previous electrician had reversed some wires on the spotlight and had created an issue where the power ran through the fixture constantly. I've used Steve for the past 12 or 13 years and always got great results from him at a very fair cost.

Description of Work
Steve came out and replaced an outdoor spotlight.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, doors

08/19/2015

SYLVIA K.

Steve did an excellent job! He worked closely with us, discussing concerns, checking safety, overall planning and material options. Job went smoothly, as always better than expected. Studio was up and running in no time! Grateful to have such a dependable, solid resource! No worries = Priceless!

Description of Work
Extensive job: prep of an Art Studio - all the basics.

07/06/2015

TIMOTHY R.

Steve is an outstanding technician. He shows up early and works almost non-stop until the job is finished; usually doesn't take a lunch break. Very thorough; I've never had a problem with any of his work after the job. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
General lighting and light electrical maintenance

06/30/2015

MARGUERITE W.

I had a small window of time when I was going to be in Cleveland to help a relative who was in the hospital. I had emailed several other Angie List providers without success. I emailed Steve and gave him the time frame I had to work in. He answered promptly and came out at 8AM on a Saturday. He worked quickly, had some helpful ideas, and fixed things that I hadn't even mentioned. He reinforced the banisters going up the stairs. They are more secure that they have ever been. He also was friendly and really enjoyable to talk to. I'm glad that he's the one who answered the email. I won't hesitate to use him again any time I need something fixed when I'm in Cleveland.

Description of Work
Replace drapery rods and reattached a banister that had come off the wall. Repaired other small things in the house.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking

06/25/2015

Jacquelyn P.

Expected a free estimate for an insurance claim. However he did not give me anything in writing nor a verbal estimated cost for the insurance work that I needed. It was a waste of my time.

Description of Work
Came out but did not give me a free estimate as expected nor a verbal estimated cost for the work that I needed to have done.

Category handyman service

I'm sorry, but you must have the wrong company. I have never heard from you, nor did I come to your house to look at a job. Please check your records and remove this review. Thanks, Steve Malinoski

Chimney Guys Ohio

Check our website for current promotions. All major credit cards accepted. Sub contracting not an option. We won't show up for another company, and only WE will show up to do work on your home. No surprises.

Ray Arnold Masonry

Ray Arnold Masonry is a family owned and operated business for almost 70 years, now in our third generation! We specialize in chimney repair and masonry needs, including cultured and real stonework, retaining walls, steps, porches, patios, and basement waterproofing. We are committed to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, and dedicated to handling all of your masonry and general contracting needs. You can count on our work because we focus on building lifelong relationships with our customers, delivering the best possible service and continuing to grow and expand. Our estimates are free, with the exception of some real estate transactions, and we generally require 30% down to put a customer on our work schedule, with the balance due upon completion. We also offer a 5% military discount. We would look forward to serving your masonry needs!

Desirable Painting llc

Desirable painting is a family owned business, providing superior painting services to Cleveland and the surrounding areas. we have offered the highest quality painting services available at competitive prices. From start to finish, the Desirable Painting experience is second to none

GENERAL HANDYMAN & HOME MAINTENANCE SERVICES, SPECIALIZE IN HVAC & ELECTRICAL WORK