Lou Carbone Plumbing Heating & Cooling

Founded 1953 • With Angi since February 2011

4.2

1414 Niles Cortland Rd

Niles, OH 44446

Lou Carbone Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been trusted by Mahoning Valley residents for nearly 60 years! Lou and Evelyn Carbone founded the business in Niles, Ohio in 1953, with only a small office and one pick-up truck. Today, Lou Carbone Plumbing, Heating & Cooling operates with eight stocked

03/03/2016

rosann R.

Description of Work
the came they looked they left. Here approximately 40 minutes or less. Owner did come one evening. His goal was to sell a new furnace. He did promptly email costs.

02/10/2016

Frederick B.

09/01/2015

THERESA H.

The only thing I can thank him for was shutting down, not off, the leak. He said I needed a new tank and told it would probably be a Rheem and the price would be "about a grand". When asked about the guarantee period he shrugged and said...Well it's a Rreem. He also said I would receive a call from the office to confirm before the office closed. I didn't. When I called the office to inquire what was going on the receptionist told me that it had to be ordered and it 'might probably' be in today. What brand? A Rheem. What's this going to run me? Didn't he tell you? Well..about a thousand. So what's the problem? Guarantee? 6 years. When can I expect it to be installed? When it gets it. Can you give me an idea so I can govern myself accordingly? When the truck delivers it. Today? Tomorrow? Next week? Wow. When I asked why they didn't call back she said'why would we call back?' Because you said you would actually. Bottom line while they did come out in a reasonable time they did not shut down the leak nor provide me with a the very least a written estimate as to What I was Getting andWhen. Cancelled them. Called another company (Komar) got a firm estimate. Know What I'm getting and When. New plumber was on time, with tools and Parts. Problem solved. You will see another review that says Carbone does not return calls. Believe it. They are not knowledgable, nor in my instance...professional. Won't recommend,won't use again. Period. I don't know if they will charge me for the 'service call' or not apparently information to them is not for consumer consumption. Frustrating. Made a frustrating experience worse

Description of Work
My water heater valve connection sprung a hefty leak. I had water gushing and the valves were stuck open. I called and they had someone out within an hour. He lessened the leak to a constant drip and left telling me a needed a new heater and left.

07/11/2015

Nancy V.

Never followed thru to provide estimate 2 times I had to call

Description of Work
Write yo estimate

07/09/2015

Joan K.

Description of Work
It went well. We were worried it was a bigger problem. It was a simple fix and they came out quickly and fixed it properly.

06/11/2015

CAROL B.

Description of Work
Replaced boiler furnace. Experienced some installation issues. In process of those being corrected. Installer was very knowledgable and efficient.

06/04/2015

Gregory L.

02/19/2015

teresann D.

Description of Work
Fixed my leak. It went well but wanted to sell me new products. They may have been correct but their repair solved my problem.

06/25/2014

Laura M.

The guy arrived on time and was friendly. He replaced the hot water tank within an hour's time. We are not unhappy with the service. However, we were not informed that Carbone's charges a flat rate of $818.00 for replacing a hot water tank regardless of how long it takes to be replaced. Maybe we should have asked about the cost ahead of time...Nevertheless, we were disappointed that we weren't informed about the flat rate up front. This information is also not available on Carbon's website. We believe we overpaid significantly.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water tank.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

02/19/2014

Steven B.

I will be using them again for future plumbing needs...as long as the price is right.

Description of Work
I had a PVC vent pipe leaking in my attic. They went into my attic, cut out the pipe that was leaking and replaced it. They also provided me with a free estimate for other work that I need done.

07/18/2013

Gay K.

We have previously, had them do work on our bathroom ,also. It was a very reasonable price. Do good work. We would call them again for repairs.

Description of Work
Fixed air conditioner. Came out within a few hours of us calling. Very HOT day, we are very thankful for their reponsiveness.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/13/2013

Carlotta G.

Very pleased with the outcome and they were professional and they were knowledgeable in performing the job at hand. They cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Had sanitary sewer pipe and water closet replaced.

07/13/2012

Barbara W.

They were very careful, and because they had to come in and out of the house a lot, careful in what they were doing, took care of my home, and cleaned up completely. We had an old water heater, furnace radiator, lot of mess. They were very clean, took their time, and were aware of our needs. I would use their services again in the future if I need to.

Description of Work
I used the services of Lou Carbone Plumbing Heating & Cooling this past winter.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/26/2012

heidi P.

Worst plumbers ever. First the lady was rude when I called, I still set an appointment. I was not given a time but was told the plumber would call before he came out. The day of the appointment the plumber called four time to say he was on his way then would call a few minuets before he was to arrive to tell me he decided to go on another appointment instead. It was so inconvenient, I had to keep leaving work and then returning. When he did show up he showed no Identification, Kept putting down our home, and acted like I was a really big bother to come out on this call just to fix a leaky pipe. Then he tried to use a compression fitting because he didn't feel like bringing in his tools. I could have done that. He made no effort to clean up at the end and left a huge mess. Will NEVER use again. What a joke.

Description of Work
I had I leaking pipe in the walls and ceiling.

06/07/2012

Margaret H.

Did not go very well considering we never got a phone call or free estimate.

Description of Work
My husband called this company on 5/25/12 and explained we were moving washer and dryer to first floor and needed a gas line and vent put in for dryer. My husband was told it would cost $49.00 for the estimate and they would call back in couple of days. On Angies list this company says "free estimate" and the also never called back. Very disappointed because we had heard they do excellant work but will not call again.

Category plumbing

I was alerted to the bad rating on Angie's list and immediately researched. The work order was placed inadvertently on the wrong dispatch table and it is 100% our fault. There also was some mis-communication between the receptionist and Mr. Member. Our estimates are free. We charge $49 for a service charge on a regular call. Not estimates. I called Mrs. Member and explained what happened. I appreciated her understanding and advised her that she would receive a discount on her next service call. We pride ourselves in our good customer service, but to error is human. Hopefully we will keep Mr. and Mrs. Member as valued customers. Nancy Carbone Nancycarbone@loucarboneplumbing.net

05/22/2012

Clara W.

I called Carbon's office and the person I spoke with took my info and the problem, said she would try to have someone come the same day. She called me later in the day to let me know that they would not be able to come til the next morning. I thought it was very nice that she called and let me know. And since it was not an emergency it was ok. The fellow came the next morning, put a new plastic line in and a new shut off valve, he had to work under the house in a crawl space. He was very professional and efficient. I would call them again for any plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Copper tubing from water line to frig ice maker broke, shut off valve not working.

03/05/2012

Shannon R.

.This is the first time I used them and I felt very good about them. I would use them again.

Description of Work
.They had to reroute some plumbing lines.

02/13/2012

Janet E.

I had a great experience with Lou Carbone Plumbing Heating & Cooling.

Description of Work
We had Lou come out for some plumbing work.

01/08/2012

Dolores V.

My furnace was not working when I awoke on December 29, 2011. I called Carbone Plumbing, and the serviceman came within two hours of calling for service. He was courteous and performed the service quickly and efficiently, and I found the charge to be fair.

Description of Work
Found and replaced thermocouple on furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Member, Thank you for posting a report on your experience with our company. We always like feedback so that we may strive to meet the customers needs. I am sending a coupon today for a discount on future services. Thanks again, Nancy Carbone

11/22/2011

Patricia J.

They were okay. They did great plumbing work.

Description of Work
I used Lou Carbone Plumbing Heating & Cooling for plumbing work.

Category plumbing

Member, We appreciate your feedback on the service you recieved from our company. It helps us to meet our customers needs more efficienty. I am sending you a coupon for a discount on any future services you may need. Thanks Again, Nancy Carbone

09/27/2011

Kathlean B.

The technician arrived right on time, was very professional and went to work immediately. He had everything with him that he needed to do the job. He completed the job and cleaned up any mess created by the job.

Description of Work
They installed a backup battery for our sump pump and performed a few small plumbing chores.

Category plumbing, wells

Member, We appreciate you taking the time to rate our company on Angie's List. We strive to put the customer and their needs first and all feedback is very important to us. In appreciation, you will be receiving a coupon in the mail to use for future plumbing or heating needs.

09/21/2011

JONATHAN O.

The gentlemen that came actually did work for my Rite Aid Store in Hubbard. He is very professional, punctual and listened to my concerns.

Description of Work
1.) Replaced toilet wax seal and installed new flange. 2.) Snaked the bathroom sink and replaced pipes. 3.) Replaced ring connecting drains under kitchen sing. 4.) Replaced 3/4" copper water line under utility sink in basement. Also, made recommendations to sewer drains located under utility sink, basement floor and garage floor.

09/07/2011

Mary W.

They are dependable and there work is done really well. I have used them several times.

Description of Work
They have worked on our plumbing.

Category plumbing

Member, We appreciate you taking the time to rate our company on Angie's List. In appreciation, you will be receiving a coupon in the mail to use toward future plumbing or heating needs.

08/07/2011

Dolores V.

I called on the weekend and left message, and call was returned on Monday morning. Prompt return of call. Appointment set up and repairman arrived at appointed time. Work was finished efficiently and promptly No problem.

Description of Work
Checked toilet and replaced fill valve mechanism (I had already purchased the kit). Checked kitcen faucet for slow flow of water. Replaced cartridge and faucet aerator.

02/25/2011

ron S.

They are the only plumbers I have ever used. There was water dripping out of my bathroom ceiling. Apparently, the flange in the upstairs toilet had broken. They completed the work very recently. They charged me about $300 on the job. They took the old toilet out and they fixed the flange. They fixed everything, but the damage was already done to the downstairs ceiling. They did really well. They sent somebody out when I called them. The guy, who came out, was very knowledgeable and very polite. He covered other issues when he came out. Since it was snowing, he came out a little late. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Lou Carbone Plumbing Heating & Cooling, a few days ago.

Category plumbing

Member, I see that you have been a customer since 2009 and we appreciate your continued loyalty. You will be receiving a coupon in the mail, to use for future plumbing or heating needs, as a thank you for taking the time to rate our company.

Honesty Plumbing, LLC

We specialize in affordable basement waterproofing, please call 330-207-7254 for a free estimate. Over 25 years of plumbing experience. Honest and dependable. Specializing in affordable basement waterproofing.

2022 Super Service Award

Charles Burrows and Sons Well and Pump

Call Bob 330-717-6824 Call Rob 330-717-7852 Find us on Facebook!

Any Drain, Anytime

with 20+ years of plumbing experience let Any Drain, Anytime be your guide through the stressful situation of a clogged drain or minor plumbing repair. Feel free to check out my work on my Facebook page! You will find more reviews and videos of some of my jobs.

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Residential and commercial repair & installation of plumbing, heating, air conditioner, water heaters, furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, sump pumps, central air conditioning, geothermal heating & cooling, commercial rooftop hvac, sewer and drain cleaning, sewer jetting, drain & sewer lines, water & gas lines.