Joseph Home Improvement

Founded 2012 • With Angi since February 2013

Joseph Tomasulo has over 20 years of experience in professional remodeling, ceramic tile and is a licensed journeyman plumber. Joseph specializes in service and repair plumbing and bathroom remodeling. This is a family business. My father-in law, James Harrington, is our resident Master Painter and custom wood finisher. He possess 35 years plus of experience and an impressive resume of clientele. James is an accomplished journeyman painter and skilled in wood finishing, stains and lacquers, polyurethane, color matching, wallpaper, spraying (airless/air assisted), automotive finishes and high end residential. We sincerely look forward to providing you with the superior service and quality workmanship you deserve. Thank you for considering Joseph Home Improvement for your project!...

After

+18 more images

interior painting (102)plumbers (47)tile installation (37)drywall (17)home remodeling (16)handyman (12)woodworking (11)flooring (11)lighting (10)house painting (7)glass repair (7)countertop installation (7)

06/27/2022

bryan S.

Joseph Home Improvement was 1 of 3 contractors that I asked to quote the job. Their quote was the most competitive and made the most sense for what I was looking for. They completed the work on time, cleaned up the area, reviewed everything with me, and hauled away the old hot water heater and water softener. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Install new hot water heater and water softening system. Removal of old hot water heater and water softening system

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

Work Completed On 05/19/2022

06/07/2022

Ken S.

He placed and installed sump pump. Very courteous and informative. He met with me and had my problem taken care of quickly.

Description of Work
sump pump replaced

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

08/25/2020

Cliff M.

Great job. Done in time. Staff was great.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel, fireplace and stone work

Category countertops, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

08/06/2020

Dennis E.

Joe submitted a fair and competitive bid. He and his "crew" are and were always courteous and professional, delivering all that was expected and promised. He protected non work areas from construction dirt, dust, and foot traffic. Quality materials were used throughout, and job site was cleaned of debris each day. Joe's overriding priority was that my wife and I were pleased and satisfied with all his work. His material suppliers (tile, plumbing fixtures, vanities, granite, mirrors and glass were all easy for the customer to work with, and they were also helpful with design suggestions when asked. Joe sought input and feedback from us, his customers, during the project to assure our satisfaction. In summary, Joseph Home Improvement does things right!!

Description of Work
Complete master bath remodel. Remove: jetted tub, vanity, fixtures, faux marble top, mirror and lights, toilet, ceiling fan, tile, floor, shower and enclosure and toilet. Reposition plumbing, install new sub floor, tile floor, zero entry shower pan and tile, all new plumbing fixtures, all new plumbing accessories, construct new shower enclosure and closet, new vanity, sinks, granite top, mirrors and "frameless" glass shower enclosure. Repaired/replaced plasterboard as required and painted walls and ceiling per customer's color spec.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plastering, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

Thanks so Much you guys!!

07/15/2020

Donna B.

Very professional and quality workmanship. On time and estimates was accurate. Very pleasant to work with and highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replace washer valve and leaking pipe.

Category plumbing, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

06/07/2020

Mark A.

My utility sink was leaking, and I was told by another plumber that it was obsolete and could not be fixed. He gave an estimate for labor that seemed pretty high, so I put out a request on Angie's List. Joseph responded with a good price comparatively. He showed up right on time with everything he needed for the job, did good quality work, and was done in 1.5 hours. He was polite and personable. I would certainly hire him again.

Description of Work
Remove/replace utility sink

Work Completed On 06/06/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! Glad to help

05/28/2020

Tony B.

Joseph was great. I live in a condo that wasn't built with the best materials or quality. I'm used to jobs being larger than expected because of this. Joseph was able to fix things for less than his original quote. He kept me updated as he found potential issues that may raise the price, but always found a way through the issues to finish the job without additional labor or parts. This alone saved my $800 or more. Scheduling can be more difficult than with larger companies since Joe is very busy (probably because he does good work for a good price), so keep this in mind for smaller jobs.

Description of Work
Replace bath tub faucet and fix broken toilet

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

05/10/2020

Joe R.

What a truly professional construction crew. Joseph made several insightful suggestions that enhanced our project. They were very prompt each day and stayed committed to the project until it was completed. Their workmanship was excellent and very detail oriented. I will not hesitate to engage them for any future projects and will recommend them to anyone who needs remodeling done and desires someone that understands craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Remodeled Two Full Bathrooms

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, glass repair, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/10/2020

12/12/2019

Jared M.

Joseph has been 3 for 3 so far. He takes pride in his work and does it right.

Description of Work
Various plumbing issues from installing new sump pump and backup system to replacing facet and resetting toilet

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

10/22/2019

Michael B.

Joe and his crew did a great job. Will hire again for future projects. Work was performed on time and clean.

Description of Work
Ceramic tile installed, toilet installed, and sump pump installed.

Category flooring contractor, plumbing

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

10/22/2019

Joseph R.

I discovered a leak in my basement around 4 :00 in the afternoon. I immediately called 4 or 5 plumbers to get it repaired ASAP. I knew that calling late afternoon would present a challenge. I spoke to Joseph and he instructed me to text pictures. He came out at 8:00 AM the next morning. He replaced the copper joint. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. I was grateful for his quick service. I only had 1 other plumber return my call and that was the next day, long after it was repaired. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
I had a leak in my water line in the unfinished portion of my basement

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

09/17/2019

brian W.

Joe and Jeremy did an outstanding job remodeling my bathroom shower. I would highly recommend them to anyone considering any kind of bathroom remodeling project. The workmanship was top notch and Joe consulted me several times during the job to present different options for how to design the tile layout, etc. Communication before, during, and after the job was great and they showed up on time every single day but one, when an emergency arose. Even then they let me know what was happening. They cleaned up after themselves every day while the work was in progress. 9 months after the job, I'm still completely satisfied. Do yourself a favor and hire this company.

Description of Work
Bathroom Shower Remodel

Category home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/22/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! The pleasure was ours! Joseph

07/24/2019

Mike W.

We had Joe do a shower renovation for us. He removed our old builder grade shower with surround, and enlarged and replaced it with a beautiful tiled shower. His design instincts and craftsmanship are top notch. We couldn't be happier, and wouldn't hesitate to contact him for any other renovation projects we may need! He was super easy to work with, and our project specifications were clearly delineated in our contract before starting. No surprises- just beautiful results!

Description of Work
Remove fiberglass shower. Enlarge and replace with tile.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

Review for Joseph Home Improvement - 6320 Ludlum Rd, Morrow, OH - 38002263

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We are very happy you love it! Joseph

06/11/2019

Donna B.

Excellent service and very professional. Quoted price was reasonable for work that was done. Repairs were done that were unexpected but were very reasonable to fix that were necessary. Very pleasant to work with in our home and would recommend his business. Will use again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
Hot Water Heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

02/26/2019

Jennifer G.

This company does not do ceramic tile repair, only new installations.

Description of Work
ceramic tile repair

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 02/20/2019

01/08/2019

Jane A.

This project went beautifully! When your builder leaves you a mess, you need an artist and a professional to bring order--and beauty--to the process. All the structural problems were solved in short order and then the beautiful stuff began. It's gorgeous and I love it.

Description of Work
Re-model hallway bathroom. I wanted LOTS of beautiful marble! :-)

Category drywall, glass repair, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

10/03/2018

Jeffrey K.

We purchased 16 hours of painting for a fixed price. We had some 2 story work and almost a whole house to paint and we provided paint. They were detail oriented and accomplished the minimum we were hoping for and some additional walls given that 2 areas were a 2 story entry way and a vaulted bathroom. The prep work they did before painting was noticed and appreciated. Offered them additional work if they would provide a quote, however, there was a disconnect as far as how much time the painting was supposed to occur at this job. It was a contract for 2 painters for 8 hours or a total of 16 hours of painting. They expected to work from 8 to 4 and take a lunch/break for around a half hour to include in their 8 hour day. We had no issue with breaks, and my wife actually drove to pick up their lunch as a favor when no one would deliver them pizza. We expected them to setup/clean up and paint for the 16 hours even if they work at a pace that suits them. The person leading the team when pressed for how long they would be working to complete the 16 hours, and for for lack of a better word, he threw a tantrum and started screaming on the phone hysterically that he completed his work and would instead be leaving shortly before 4. He also rudely interrupted my wife who was working from home at the time and on a conference call and put a bill in her face and walked away. That being said, his partner continued to paint to finish the contracted number of hours which should also be noted. It's my understanding that he needed to pick up his dog by a certain time, but never bothered to give a reasonable explanation or state he would work that into what other work was still needed in the form of the quote. I would say to get clarification with them ahead of time, and I'm sure they would do a good job for you. I don't know if it's the price of the deal or what is expected from the vendors through these offers, but this is the second painting offer where the service provider doesn't have the expectation to fulfill the contacted amount of time. Not sure I would do this again on Angie's List without a full explanation of the work expectations of the vendor.

Description of Work
Indoor Painting

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

Hello, I am sorry to hear that you feel upset about the painting work my father-in-law Jim provided for you. When you purchase two painters for 8 hours it breaks down like this: 8 hours of painting with two 15 minute breaks per person. Jim and Mary didn't take any breaks all day except for 25 minute lunch break. What upset Jim was the fact that he was working at top speed all day doing very, very nice work. So nice that you wife was thrilled When he explained to you that he had to leave to pick up his dog at the groomers before they closed at 5:30 ... you said you wanted another hour of work (1/2 hour each painter because of the lunch break) even though he or Mary didn't take their normal 15 minute breaks that they are entitled to. Jim came home that night pretty upset with you and the fact that you pressed him to work an additional hour of which we technically did not owe you. Also, there is no quote for purchasing this type of deal. So I'm not sure what quote you are referring to. The only quote that I heard about was the one that Jim was going to give you for additional work at a later date and elected to not give you because you were being unreasonable. We do not cut corners and rip customers off on paid for time. You cannot please everyone. This is a good example of that. We tried our best and our reviews generally speak for themselves. Some people like to crack the whip and expect us to paint an entire house in one or two days. Simply not possible. Lastly, Your house isn't even in our service area. We are in Morrow and you live practically near the Kentucky boarder in Cincinnati. That's over an hour extra drive time for us. He was trying to accommodate you. The deal you paid for was a discounted rate already. I do apologize for the "tantrum" which was him telling you that we will not work for you again. Good luck with your projects. Joseph

09/04/2018

Allison B.

Joe replaced our sump pump last week. He was very courteous and professional. The new pump turned out to be defective (which wasn't his fault, and he couldn't have known). So, when it broke two days later, he came out same day and replaced it free of charge. We were happy with his services and would recommend him to others.

Description of Work
New sump pump

Work Completed On 09/04/2018

07/21/2018

Jason K.

Outstanding! Jim was polite, prompt with excellent workmanship. We would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Painting of Home Office

Work Completed On 07/21/2018

05/21/2018

Anant M.

Job seems to have been done well, but time will tell whether the paint will stay put or flake.

Description of Work
Bathroom ceiling paint - scrape loose paint, mud, sand, prime, and paint ( master and guest bathroom)

Category interior painters

Well since you have had flaking twice before we recommend you install a bathroom exhaust fan. We took every precaution to ensure your pain will last a long time. However, only exhausting the moisture will in sure the paint will last for good.

05/08/2018

John J.

Very professional, great service, will use for other projects.

Description of Work
Painting interior

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

Well since you have had problems with flaking twice before we recommend you have a bathroom exhaust fan installed. We have taken every precaution possible to ensure the paint will stick and stay for a long time. However, only exhausting the moisture from your shower area will ensure this.

04/16/2018

Ami D.

Everything went well as planned. Joe was very responsive and the work was done earlier than anticipated and we were very happy with the work. Pricing is reasonable as well. Joe and his team are very personable and easy to work with. We will surely hire him again.

Description of Work
Plumbing Valves, New patio steps, gas line, ice maker line repair

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/13/2018