Zimax Inc.

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2012

1193 State Route 131

Milford, OH 45150

Zimax is a small family owned and operated company with over 50 years of collective experience, offering superior craftsmanship and quality customer service. Our goal is not to be the biggest in this industry, but to be the best by not just meeting your expectations, but exceeding them. We also realize that your home is more than just an investment, so we treat it as such. We earn your trust by showing up when we commit to being there and by being very selective in whom we choose to help you complete your next home project. If you don't want your next project to be treated as "just another job", give us a call today!...

01/28/2022

Susan K.

Very well. Does excellent work and finished on time. Very pleasant contractor. Very happy with the repairs. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Laminate floor repair, drywall repair, caulking, trim strips, utility room faucet replacement

Category drywall,handyman service,roof cleaning

10/14/2020

Jason S.

project was small but time consuming, They were very professional and did great work, left the place clean.

Description of Work
Electrical and flooring

Category electrician,flooring contractor

09/04/2020

Jessica I.

This company is an absolute joke. We hired Zimax to install an exterior back door since our old one was rotted at the bottom and needed replaced. They did not align the door properly during installation so the door is noticeably crooked, and as a result, the lock continues to stick. We have been locked out of the house on several occasions because of this issue, which is a complete safety hazard. There are also noticeable gaps at the bottom of the door where you can see through to the outside, and there are ants coming into our house (in hoards of hundreds) through the gaps, especially after a rain. We ve never had issues like this with ants before. We have had two separate pest control companies inspect the area in and around the door and confirmed this is the point of entry. When I initially reached back out to the company to have them address these issues, they were defensive and argumentative. After weeks are arguing with them, they finally sent a contractor to take a look. He basically just sanded down the lock slot on the door frame, and while here, he confirmed it looked like the door was not aligned properly. Since his visit, we continue to have issues with the lock sticking (and in some cases not being able to even be locked), and the ant problem continues. I have followed up over and over (and over and over) again with the scheduler for the business - via email, text, phone/voicemail. Radio silence. At first, they told me they were out of town, and now they wont even bother responding. I feel like I have been completely scammed out of $1,500+ and have spent an additional hundreds of dollars for pest control now as a result of their terrible work. I cannot believe such a company is still in business and am disgusted by the overall experience. I can t stress enough to anyone considering hiring this company - PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE. Save yourself the headache, frustration and money and find a quality company with some integrity. My advice to Zimax: treat your customers better. Respond to them and treat them with respect. This world is too ugly right now for this kind of treatment. (And if you ever DO decide to respond to my messages/voicemails, I will update my review to reflect that.) Also to Zimax: If you are planning to respond to this review and refute any of these facts the way you responded to the review I left on Home Advisor, please do not. It looks desperate, and everything I have written is the truth. We never asked for discounts or changed the scope (other than hiring a different company to fix our mold issue after being informed by you that you would not be taking projects for several months due to Covid - because black mold is serious and needs to be addressed quickly). And yes, your contractor DID admit the door was not installed properly, and then told me not to tell you he said that so he would not get in trouble. Take some accountability for the terrible way this situation was handled and make it right.

Description of Work
We needed our back door replaced

Category doors

10/18/2018

Henry H.

The sump system is fully functional and discharge piping for sump and outside downspout are back in working order. My "hot water" tap at the kitchen sink is back in service and shades and blinds are the next project. I am very impressed.

Description of Work
My sump pump and backup battery were in poor condition. ZIMAX installed a new sump and battery, The work area was clean and wires were neatly stored and operating monitors were placed in a easy to read location. Additional work included a "instant hot water" system replacement and window shade ordering. The two men worked well together and were very efficient in time management. Super friendly and well knowledged on all aspect of the work.

Category electrician,gutter repair,handyman service,drain pipe,drain cleaning

08/28/2018

Ed L.

I am unsure of the date I first called, but the phone call was answered, and I was told that an estimate was $50, even though Angie’s List listed them as providing free estimates. Was told that was a mistake and should have been changed, but that they’d honor it for me anyway. The lady was very nice about it and we set an appointment. -Appt on 4/6/18 @ 8am Garrad showed up and looked the project over. Feel positive about it. Was told it might take a couple weeks to get estimate together. Never heard back. -Called 5/7 @ 11:45am to check in on the estimate and was told she’d get with Garrod in the morning and get back to me. Never called back. -Called 5/20 11:30am. No answer and voicemail full, could not leave message -Called 5/20 2:08pm. No answer mailbox no longer full, left message again -Called 5/31 1:00pm Given a “estimate” of $30-40,000 for whole project. Felt like a blow-off so I’d stop calling. That’s in no way a legitimate estimate, but a ballpark that could have been given without anyone even coming to look at the project. I asked for a breakdown of the estimate so that I might be able to figure out what part was making it so expensive and to see if we could alter what we wanted to bring it down to within our budget. She didn’t know but said Garrad would be consulted and I would hear back in a couple days. Never heard back. 6/14/18 Tried email, but got no reply 6/19/18 called left message 6/29/18 no answer left message It's been almost 5 months since Garrad came to look the project over. My guess is that the project was too much for him and I understand that, but is it too much to ask that a contractor be upfront and honest about that? They have wasted my time and potentially cost us the ability to get the project done this year. That is what makes me angry enough to leave a bad review. I will say this experience started off well. They were very kind in waiving the estimate fee even though it was apparently Angie’s List fault that it was still listed as free on the site, the lady was pleasant on the phone, and Garrad was very professional and thorough when he came to look the project over. But I have felt completely dismissed since that day. Usually I won’t bother leaving a less than A rating. If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all, right? The one thing that really infuriates me, though, is the absolute disrespect that I see from so many contractors that can't be bothered to return calls. Many times it is simply that they do not want, or cannot do, the project at hand. Is it too much to ask for them to plainly say that rather than drag a potential customer along for months on end with no resolution? After 5 months it is clear that this is a case of them not wanting the job, but I am left with leaving a review of my experience as the only method of resolution.

Description of Work
Large deck/patio

Category concrete repair,decks,handyman service,remodeling

At no point were services performed for this customer. Absolutely, we went out and performed the estimate and provided this ballpark estimate. The customer's budget was less than 1/2 the amount of the estimate. At no point did we "blow" this customer off. We explained that we wouldn't be able to meet his budget and wished him luck in his future endeavors. Based on his comments above regarding contractors, it is apparent that he seems to have problems with quite a few. Who keeps a log of these interactions? It is obvious this customer and Zimax were not a good match. Our reviews on Angie's List and Home Advisor speak for themselves.

03/07/2018

Lorraine W.

I made an appointment for Zimax to come out and give me a bid to finish my basement. I also submitted our initial plans to maximize the time spent. I had an appointment window 8~8:30am. This was my day off and I had other plans for the remainder of the day. The employee didn't show up on time, nor call to indicate he would be late. When I reached out to the office later in the morning (after 9am), I was finally contacted back with an excuse/apology and he indicated he would be there in 15~20 minutes. He indicated there was an issue with water in the basement and he had to take care of that first. I was under the impression it was his personal basement and gave him the okay to still come out as I understand how that can go. An hour later he still wasn't there. I received a text that it would be later in the morning at about 11am. Again, I was more than patient because I understand what it's like to have these types of issues. He still didn't show up by 11am as indicated in the text. He then asked if he could come later in the day and I let him know he could come after 2pm but to call first to be sure I would be home as I had an appointment that could not be rescheduled. At this point, I was just trying to not reschedule to another day as it would not be possible. At 4:30, I called the office again and let them know that I still haven't heard from the estimator. She apologized, explained it was due to another customer's issue with water in the basement and said she would have him reach out again. He called and said he could be out at 6pm. He never showed. No one from the company ever followed up at that point. This is not how I would expect a company to behave that has such a high rating in both Angie's list and Home Advisors. 1. They should have called before they were going to be late. 2. They should have been up front about the actual issues at hand and not imply they were on their way when they were clearly not. 3. I should not have had to call them more than once. 4. The company should have followed up with me once I reached out the final time after 7:30pm to let them know he never showed. Bottom line: Considering the issue they were experiencing, I should have been contacted first thing in the morning and offered the option of rescheduling.

Description of Work
Basement Finishing

Category contractors,carpet installation,drywall,electrician,handyman service,remodeling,interior painters,basement remodeling

While I agree with some of the statements above, it serves as a reminder to make sure we as a Company are communicating effectively with our customers and within our own Team. The bottom line is a paying customer with a flooding basement will always take precedence over a free estimate. Technicians in the field can't always drop what they are doing in an emergency to call a scheduled appointment. Could we have done a better job communicating, absolutely...Is this a lesson learned, absolutely...

09/26/2017

Matt A.

100% satisfied, incredible pricing and communication. Very professional. We have more projects and will call Zimax first.

Description of Work
Install 2 doors, shingle repair, other roofing issues.

Category drywall,handyman service,roofing,doors

06/10/2017

steve P.

The work performed was beyond our expectations. John and Mike were extremely professional, respectful, friendly, cleaned up after themselves constantly , kept us informed as the work progressed. We've had numerous contractors over many years due to living in many locations. The work Zimax performed wiped out all the years of difficult, substandard contractor memories. We have future projects planned and they will be doing the work!!!!!!

Description of Work
We had a 20 yr old shower torn out. New floor pan, fixtures and all new tiled walls.

Category handyman service,home remodeling

06/07/2017

Blake K.

Zimax confidently and expertly handled every task, tackling our long list without hesitation. All work was done with care and quality, and our home and garage were kept clean. The details shined: outlets in our kitchen island that matched the color of the dark-stained wood around them, careful paint matching on trim work, great craftsmanship on shoe molding in 3 rooms. Their team had clear communication with us and gave verbal and visual progress updates throughout. They definitely put the customer first. Would recommend for any project.

Description of Work
Multiple projects on a recently purchased 47-year-old home: carpentry (shoe molding, flooring, trim, crawl space door, basement stairs reinforcement), electrical (can and fan light installation, GFI outlets in kitchen island), plumbing (stationary tub installation, rerouting old pipes, copper water line to refrigerator), general work (weather stripping, vent installation).

Category handyman service

05/17/2017

Robert M.

I will NEVER try to tackle jobs I'm not good at after finding Zimax! Customer service was awesome. The contractor that came out was polite, could hold a conversation and his work was outstanding. I'm compiling a list of items for the next job I'll hire them for already!

Description of Work
general drywall work and securing of large drapery

Category handyman service

Thompson Masonry and Chimney Repair

Thompson Masonry & Chimney Repair specializes in residential Chimney and Masonry repair. Services include: Chimney Repair, Chimney Sweeping and Cleaning, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Crown Repair, Chimney Inspections, Chimney Liners, Furnace Liners, Water Heater Liners, Masonry Repair, Tuck Pointing, Waterproofing. Our goal is provide you with the best Chimney and Masonry Repairs in the state of Ohio.

LUX Landscape Lighting

The right outdoor lighting transforms your property. At LUX Landscape Lighting, we design and install intricate, stunning architectural lighting portraits that add character to your home or business. With our comprehensive understanding of energy and control systems, and years of experience designing and installing landscape lighting systems, we guarantee you’ll be delighted with the new look of your property.

HVAC, Slate or Copper Roofs

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Zimax Inc.

How is Zimax Inc. overall rated?

Zimax Inc. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Zimax Inc. open?

Zimax Inc. is open:

What payment options does Zimax Inc. provide

Zimax Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Zimax Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Zimax Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Zimax Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Zimax Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by Zimax Inc.?

Yes, Zimax Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Zimax Inc. offer?

Zimax Inc. offers the following services: We specialize in handyman services, renovations, and improvements. Whether you need assistance with the never ending "honey-do" list or have plans to renovate your entire home, Zimax is the Company to call. A sample of the services we offer: bathrooms, kitchens, interior and exterior carpentry, concrete, flooring, painting, seasonal maintenance, flooring (tile, carpet, hardwood), electrical, plumbing

Are there any services Zimax Inc. does not offer?

HVAC, Slate or Copper Roofs