Home Solutions Handyman

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2002

All our Craftsmen are employees that are comprehensively background checked for your safety. We check for criminal and sexual offenses. We do not use subcontractors. We provide estimates for the larger jobs. Smaller jobs are done on a Time and Materials basis. Call or email us for details and to set an appointment....

Glenn Mills Outdoor Solutions

At Glen Mills Outdoor Solutions, we know choosing a mason is a tough job. We make it easier. Simply pick up the phone and call! We’ll be happy to answer any and all of your questions, and if you are ready to move forward, we can provide a free quote. Glen Mills Outdoor Solutions has been serving the Tri-State area since 2006. And with each new project, whether residential or commercial, we strive to provide professional, timely, service at a fair price. And advice is always free. Family owed & operated. 1-4 employees. No subcontractors used. Cost is determined by the job. Angies List members receive 5% off labor only.

Thompson Masonry and Chimney Repair

Thompson Masonry & Chimney Repair specializes in residential Chimney and Masonry repair. Services include: Chimney Repair, Chimney Sweeping and Cleaning, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Crown Repair, Chimney Inspections, Chimney Liners, Furnace Liners, Water Heater Liners, Masonry Repair, Tuck Pointing, Waterproofing. Our goal is provide you with the best Chimney and Masonry Repairs in the state of Ohio.

Hicon Inc

HICON Inc. is a construction service company formed in 1977. The firm is comprised of three operating divisions: HICON Masonry, HICON Paving and HICON Restoration. HICON Masonry provides unit masonry services for the new construction building market. HICON Paving installs paving stones, brick pavers and segmental retaining walls for homeowners, builders and general contractors on new and existing properties. HICON Restoration furnishes masonry and concrete repair and maintenance services to homeowners, and owners of light commercial properties.

10/10/2020

Dan Landon came out within a week of my request to give me an estimate. The work was completed a couple of days later. Very professional job, and I can't imagine how it could have been any better or easier.

Description of Work
Exterior window trim replacement due to wood rot

Category basketball goals

Thank you for your great review.

11/19/2018

very well - not just the quality of work completed in just one day but professional from time they knocked on door thru time they cleaned thoroughly on way out

Description of Work
various ceiling fan repairs, new storm door, porch repair

Category contractors,electrician,handyman service,plumbing

Your great review is appreciated.

02/21/2018

I thought he did an excellent job. They were prompt. They came out and gave me an estimate and returned a couple of days later and did the work. The work took them about 45 minutes. I would use them again and recommend their service.

Description of Work
Dan fixed a sliding door that had been knocked off of its tracks. He put a grab bar in the bathroom. He also fixed a post on the front porch.

Category handyman service

We appreciate your excellent review.

10/07/2017

The team was diligent, open, honest and punctual. If we were dissatisfied with a detail, it was corrected immediately.

Description of Work
Replace paint trim for most of exterior. Repair water damaged ceiling and paint first level ceiling. Repair frame and trim around picture window.

Category handyman service,siding,woodworking

Thank you for your excellent report.

10/03/2017

The technicians came to the site on the scheduled day and got right to work. Broken foundation was repaired by adding cement to splice back together. Wall panel was removed so that the frame could be put back in its proper place. New trim and wall panel put in place and painted. Very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Property damage insurance claim; driver of a vehicle backed into garage building causing a broken foundation and pushing the wall inward. Repairs to the foundation, garage door framing/trim and wall frame needed to be done.

Category handyman service,masonry,woodworking

Thank you for this excellent report.

10/02/2017

I contracted with Dan Landon, Home Solutions Handyman in 2011 to build a bathroom in my home. Dan come out and assessment the laundry room area and determined that a bathroom could be built in part of the laundry room. The part of the laundry room where he determined the bathroom could be built is where the main breaker panel is located. In 2012 Home Solutions Handyman built the bathroom in my house as determined by Dan (this included installing a commode, sink, paneling, flooring and electric work. In 2017 during an inspection I was advised that the breaker box is out of code because it is located near a water source and in the bathroom. I contacted Dan and advised him about this on and he came out to my house on Saturday, September 30 to look at the area. When asked why his company would allow the bathroom to be located in an area that is out of code he advised that he didn't remember installing the bathroom but he had the paperwork that shows that his company did in fact install the bathroom. I attempted to work with him to get help to reconfigure the bathroom or help with the cost of moving the breaker box since his company installed the bathroom out of code. I would expect that the experts would know code and would not commit this violation that is now incurring additional cost to me. Dan advised me that he didn't feel legally obligated to help with the cost of moving the breaker box.

Description of Work
Installed a new bathroom in my home

Category handyman service

This member is selling the house and we can appreciate the anxiety when the buyer's Inspection is completed. No one likes surprises from a home inspection, but there always seem to be issues when a house is sold. We've never seen a house being sold that didn't have issues. According to our records, the job was installing a vanity and toilet in a roughed in half bathroom, install flooring, and a door for privacy. We did not install a new bathroom. It was completed in 2012. We have no idea of the history of any other repairs or modifications done to the bathroom or surrounding area since we worked on it. After five years plus, it is very difficult to go back and revisit the situation. We are sorry for the member's frustration, but there is nothing we can do after this long a time.

05/09/2017

I went well.. Although they needed to apply several layers of mud, they finished the job in about four hours.

Description of Work
They patch drywall in ceilings of two rooms where we had water damage. They were prompt in arriving and worked very efficiently. The areas in the kitchen and dining room that were damaged were cut out and patched. When the work was finished the damaged areas blended into the rest of the ceilings and will not show at all when the ceilings are painted. They cleaned up thoroughly when the job was completed.

Category drywall,handyman service

Thank you for the feedback. The member forgot to mention the snake that came out of the ceiling when one of the areas was opened for repair.

05/09/2017

It went great. Rod and his helper arrived about 5 minutes before their appointment. They were polite and very professional. The quality of their work was excellent.

Description of Work
install a downspout, replace a section of aluminum trim that was blown down in a storm, paint trim on second story windows

Category gutter repair,siding,house painters

Thank you for the great review.

01/07/2017

Horrible. High price for subpar work. Left a huge mess in the work site. Damaged my tub then accused me of lying about it. Improperly installed plumbing fixtures such that I had to have a plumber come out and fix. Never use them again.

Description of Work
Drywall/ceiling repair, paint, fixture replacement

Category handyman service

I guess I'm very confused about what a "huge mess in the work site" means. If the mess was so "huge" why did you not ask about it when we did the walk through with you to approve the work? If the plumbing fixtures were installed improperly, why did everything work when we left the job site? As for the tub, we did not accuse anyone of lying. We covered the tub when the work was being done so we would not cause any damage to the tub. We were just trying to understand the member's issues so we could address them. We were willing to address any issues when the member came unhinged and refused to let us take care of things.

11/15/2016

Basically they left the location of the column where it had been pushed and replaced two pieces of wood that were rotten. Because they did not move the column to the original position the garage door did not close properly. I had to hold payment until the garage door functioned properly. Not happy at all with the work.

Description of Work
A column/post on the front of a garage had been pushed back by a car.

Category handyman service,woodworking,doors

The garage door had to be removed so we could replace the rotten wood. The column was put back into the proper place. It has to be plumb, not what looks nice. It may not have appeared to be in the right place because the garage wall itself had moved. The garage door needed additional adjustments to close after it was re-installed. We had a very hard time communicating with this member about the problem and setting up a time to make any adjustments needed.

Exterior wood repairs. Siding. Door & window repair & installation. Storm doors. Shelving installation. Drywall repair. Weather strip. Tile repair. Exhaust fans. Garage door openers. Picture hanging. Crown molding. Tub caulking. Vanities. Bathtub & shower grab bars.

HVAC. House painting. Roof replacement. Room additions. Bathtub refinishing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal