Hammonds Hardwood Floor Co

Founded 1978 • With Angi since November 2003

864 Garfield Ave

Milford, OH 45150

Hammonds Hardware Floor Co has established a remarkable reputation in the Cincinnati metropolitan area and Northern Kentucky through providing premier hardwood flooring services for more than 50 years. Our highly-skilled staff and top-notch hardwood flooring materials are part of our successful equation. We can help you revamp any room in your home with our luxurious selection of hardwood flooring. Cost is determined by the job. You can also email us at: hammondshardwood@gmail.com...

05/12/2019

Sherry H.

I hired to install hardwood floors at my Mom's house. I received multiple quotes, and this was competitive. We knew going in that Mom had a unique set of circumstances with her floor. Kitchen/DR was tile on slab, while rest was carpet over basement. The Kitchen/DR appeared to have multiple surfaces beneath the tile and from places it was clear previous installation was poorly done. Removal of of Kitchen/DR was significantly more intense than anticipated, taking days on one room alone. Given the additional work, I expected the price to change. It didn't. Hammonds honored the quote and the floors are beautiful. I should note that one of the biggest reasons I chose Hammonds over others was because of my previous experience with them. I had a repair need at a rental property of mine. Two other companies told me the repair wasn't possible and that I needed to replace the floors. Hammonds was honest and told me that simply wasn't true. Mr. Hammond was like... believe me, I'd like to sell you new floors, but you just don't need it. I trusted him and it paid off. What others quoted as several thousand dollars, costed me under $300, and the repair looks great. Trustworthy and workmanship. They'll be who I use in the future.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor installation

03/13/2019

Duncan?? M.

It was great. We used them for 30 years.

Description of Work
resurface hardwood floor

02/07/2019

Emily W.

They were very prompt. Came in a timely manner. Responsive and gets back quickly. Quality work. Friendly.

Description of Work
They refinished our floors

02/01/2019

Chad R.

It was great. The owner was on the job site. I left him in my house by themselves. We were on a vacation, we left them the key. They were honest. They cleaned up after themselves. My wife was extremely pleased. I have zero complaints about the guy. They did our whole first floor and upstairs. They were here for a long time. Prompt and responded to me. All the the people that work for me were friendly and professional.

Description of Work
They worked on my floors for a couple of weeks. Installed hardwood in several rooms and some refinishing .

02/01/2019

Jim F.

I am very pleased with the work they did for me. The owner and workman both were very polite. They cleaned up very well being careful not leave any mess. I will definitely recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Strip Down and Refinish Living Floor

10/08/2018

Beth H.

Not off to a great start actually. Not prepared with items on truck needed to patch stairs, even though we called the week before the job to make sure they had what they needed on hand. Hung very thin painters plastic to block dust which did absolutely nothing. Dust upon dust everywhere. They told us the vacuum attached picks up 90% of the dust. Don't think so. First clue should have been the puff of dust that come off the collection bag when the machine was started. Whoever answers phones at business told me the guys would "clean up after themselves each day before leaving". Piles of dust and debris everywhere isn't exactly cleaning up after themselves. Worked from 9 - 3:30 and took a lunch break in that time so no wonder the sanding takes days. Our steps were not done properly and Hammonds was not going to accommodate. I called in two other hardwood floor refinishing companies to assess and both said the job was done poorly. Hammonds finely agreed to redo them but we had to haggle them. The guy they sent to finish did a good job and agreed that the initial job was unacceptable. Finish work everywhere is poor. Dust is caught up in the urethane and all the transition areas are poorly done. There was urethane splashed waist high on our walls and dripping down the sides of our steps. Replaced our toe kicks with the wrong type oak. Just a big mess. We used this company for 20 years when it was owned and operated by the Hammods brothers. New ownership now with same name but completely different company. Would not recommend at all. If you want a GREAT hardwood floor refinishing company call Eric at Totally Floored. Amazing. Wish we had know of them before our project.

Description of Work
Refinishing

09/15/2017

Lorraine S.

Came in and check my floor boards and told me to wait a few months to see my floor board would settle. He came and did not charge me for checking my floor.

Description of Work
Bubbling floor.

05/25/2017

Brent B.

I knew Ron Hammonds and he did great work back in the day. It is now owned by Floyd Sandlin and the outfit is terribly unprofessional and dictates to the customer. Beware of Hammonds and Floyd Sandlin.

Description of Work
Hardwood refinishing

05/15/2017

YOLANDA B.

The floors look amazing. So happy. Except a lot of dust but we didn't stay at the house while the floors were worked on.

Description of Work
We removed carpet and Kevin added hardwood floors and he tied in the existing wood floors in the hallway and kitchen to the new floors.

01/30/2017

TRACY V.

Excellent. Very satisfied. Would hire again and would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Repair hole in hardwood floor and then refinish entire floor.

08/16/2016

Jenna N.

It seems as if Mr. Hammond does not need the business of a 10K installation job. We got several other quotes and chose to go with Hammonds because of the great reviews and the initial meeting with Ron even though they were more expensive by far. To us, it was a lot of money and we wanted to make sure that it was done right. Well it initially took several phone calls to get our start date which was 6 weeks out. We are also doing a full kitchen remodel and were needing to coordinate the two projects. Hammonds did not return a call to our general contractor who was attempting to coordinate directly with them and prevent me from becoming the middle man. We then decided to add our staircase to the project which required another visit for the estimate even though I emailed all the measurements, and another two weeks of wait time to receive the estimate. At this point I called to get the final dates for the sanding and poly so that I could book a hotel as we would have to be out of the house for 4 days. It took multiple calls. Mike did return my call one day but he did not remember or it was not relayed to him that we needed 2 days for the kitchen install in the middle of the project. After about two more calls, I finally received an updated correct estimate via email to sign. I called again to get the dates for the finishing and was able to speak to Ron himself. He was very nice but told me that they were now booked and it would be nearly a month after installation before they could finish the floors. I insisted that I have tried to contact them many times to get it scheduled and I was waiting to return calls from them. He was adamant that they have since booked other jobs and I would have to wait and that it was my fault for not accepting the original days. I had my husband call to discuss this further and Mr. Hammond said, "I know what we can do... Get someone else." Mr. Hammond then hung up. We now have to find another company after we have already waiting almost a month and we were two weeks out from the project start date. We have been nothing but kind and understanding and frankly every employee that I have spoken to has been nice but no one could seem to put our project together. This company must not need a 10K job and they are willing to treat potential customers poorly. I hate to write bad reviews but this needed to be said. I don't doubt that they would have done a great job but I can't spend a dime with a company that would treat customers in this way. We will give our 10K to another company. *Update* We called one of the other companies that gave us a quote in the beginning. The entire project was planned and scheduled in less than 24 hours and it costs over 3K less. Now that's how a company should treat a customer!

Description of Work
Unfinished oak hardwoods installed and finished in hall, kitchen, bath, dining room and staircase.

06/28/2016

Toby S.

The team did an excellent job refinishing the hardwood in our recently purchased 49 year old home. They were able to squeeze in the work on short notice and dealt with some fairly heavily worn floors which now look great. They patched screw holes and the dust-less system didn't make the mess I've heard is typical for hardwood refinishing.

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood in a 49 year old home.

11/02/2015

Andrew M.

Professional, friendly and delivered what was agreed to on quote with excellence at a fair price and on time. We bought a house built in '72 and wanted to take a wall down and refinish 5 rooms plus the hall. Ron recommended to go natural stain and a satin finish. Michael & crew patched the floor in my living room (can't tell where the wall used to be) and refinished all the floors that now look like new flooring. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I don't hesitate to recommend Hammonds Hardwood Flooring.

Description of Work
Patched oak flooring where wall was removed. Refinished 5 rooms and hallway.

06/11/2015

ROY B.

From the beginning to the end they were professional. They met my two week window between renters, and squeezed in this job over a weekend, plus two evenings. The process was explained before starting and my questions were answered. This was a 950 square foot apartment with hardwood floors, minus the kitchen and bathroom. The sanding took ten hours before the first coat was applied. Three coats were applied with 24 hours between each coat. The result was above and beyond our expectations. Even the thresholds were sanded and coated.

Description of Work
Hammonds sanded and applied polyurethane to the hardwood floors of an apartment.

05/07/2015

Suzanne S.

Ron is the most honest businessman! He was honest and didn't try to sell me something that was not needed. Honesty. How refreshing! He is the type of business person I joined Angies List to find. He was on time. Professional. Honest.

Description of Work
Ron took a look at my hardwood floor damaged by a toilet leak and overall condition of all hardwood flooring since my house is 20 years old and the downstairs is 80% hardwood.

05/04/2015

Daniel B.

Ron is one of the most honest people I have met. His crew did a fabulous job and he worked around a large remodel project I had going on. These guys are the best and I cannot honestly understand how someone could give them less than a stellar review. Do yourself a favor and don't hesitate to go with Ron and his team.

Description of Work
Installed new oak flooring on entire 1st floor and landing on second floor

03/24/2015

George J.

The floors had been badly abused. The floor in the hallway was gray, literally. All the previous finish was gone and the wood was damaged. When they were done the floor looked beautiful.

Description of Work
Refinished my floors in two bedrooms and and a hall.

01/29/2015

Paula W.

It was not very good. They don't deliver on time and I had to watch the contractor to make sure they did a good job and not short cutting things. They were reasonably priced compared to the other quotes, but as long as you watch them making sure they are doing their job right good. They were pretty responsive when I had problems. Most of the time they were here they did it in a deadline for getting it completed before the movers came. They were pretty professional and they were nice.

Description of Work
I've used Hammonds Hardwood Floor Co for flooring.

Category flooring contractor

10/16/2014

Cheryl F.

They were able to accommodate my schedule. They did a great job and were even able to come back for a follow up after I ruined part of the flooring. They came back free of charge.

Description of Work
They refinished my hardwood floors upstairs.

10/10/2014

Mary H.

He did the work while we were on vacation and my son was here to let the workers in. He did an outstanding.

Description of Work
He refinished the hardwood floors on our main level.

09/04/2014

Brittany G.

Before my husband and I wanted to move into our house, we decided that we wanted to get the upstairs wood floors refinished. Ron Hammonds came to our house on time and measured all the floors. He took the time to explain what needed to be done. All of the work that needed to be done would take about 5 days. I told him that we wanted to have it done before we moved in which didn't give him much wiggle room in terms of timing. He asked some other customers if they had flexibility in their schedule to switch dates with us. We were so thankful that Ron did this for us! One of his sons was here for all five days. He worked extremely hard. For every corner that we had in each bedroom and closet he had to scrap by hand because the sander cannot physical reach the corners. His other son installed the toe boards. He also added some molding in the closets (free of charge)! It has been a pleasure working with this family owned company! Our wood floors look amazing! Thank you for all your hard work. We greatly appreciate it.

Description of Work
Refinished wood floors in five bedrooms, closets, and hallway.

06/10/2014

Pam K.

they came to our home and gave us a quote. They were very good to explain the entire process. Due to the fact that we have two dogs and would have to be out of the house for about a week we delayed doing this.

Description of Work
Gave us a quote, but we still have not had any work completed due to the time frame we would need to be out of the home.

05/11/2014

David H.

The owner Ron Hammond came out to our home to give us an estimate on our refinishing our hardwood floors. The owner Ron was easygoing and on time. He did a careful inspection of the floor and sent his estimate to me later. I had confidence that Hammonds could do the flooring. Their ratings on Angie's List speak for themselves. Ron definitely knows his stuff went it comes to his job. However, in the end, I ended up using another company. The decision was based on two things. A competitor also had excellent ratings on Angie's List. And, the competitor's price was considerably less than Hammond's. Of the four estimates that I received, Hammonds was by far the most expensive. Having said that, I would recommend Ron and his crew as I would have felt confident that they would have done an excellent job.

Description of Work
He came out to give us an estimate on our hardwood floors.

04/07/2014

nancy W.

I wish I could say it went well- but they did a crappy job. I have pictures if anyone would like to see the scratch marks across not only the old floors but the new as well. scratching from a bad sanding job. also,. they were very messy- stain all over the base boards- had to have them repainted. they offered to redo the floors but honestly they were so messy and didn't tarp anything, it was a huge huge mess. they also never completed the job- missing trim by front and back doors and after repeated emails, no response. I settled with ron hammonds- that I would only pay half and he would finish the trim and replace a splintered board. he has not held up to his part. will not return emails. I was very hopeful in the beginning. however, his lack of professionalism compelled me to write my only bad review on angies list.

Description of Work
installed new and refinished old hardwood on first floor

02/24/2014

Craig D.

We completely remodeled a home built in 1073. We wanted hardwoods in main living area. We looked at pre-finished floors but decided to go with traditional hardwoods. Had several companies come out and quote. A number of them never even proficed formal proposal. Hammond's was stand up group. Fantastic installation. Excellent price. Completed quickly and on time. Floors have been in for 6 months and absolutely love the result. Strongly recommend Hammonds. I just brought them back to compete some additonal flooring work in another part of the house. For someone looking to recondition existing hardwoods or install a complete hardwood floor, Hammonds is the place to go. No need to look further.

Description of Work
Installed new oak hardwood floors in living room and entrance