ALANS PLUMBING

Founded 1995 • With Angi since November 2002

1075 FOX RUN RD

Milford, OH 45150

ALSO DOING BUSINESS AS: A T PLUMBING. LOCALLY OWNED & OPERATED.

07/11/2012

Penelope S.

He did a really good job. He did it in two days. He gave us really good service. Very nice and pleasant and has good work ethics.

Description of Work
Did the plumbing for our new bathroom.

04/04/2011

martha M.

He came out within two or three hours of my calling. The turn off valve wasn?t working and I couldn?t stop the water leak. Their prices were adequate. He used quality copper pipe and set the valve properly; so, it was easy to turn off. He cleaned up and didn't leave any mess around.

Description of Work
I used Alans Plumbing about a year and a half ago to replace a PVC pipe to copper and to re-route it.

02/17/2011

Claire P.

I called Alan to get a quote on having a hot water heater installed in a rental house. He called back that night in response to my voice mail. He told me that he would check with his supplier and call me that next day with a current price on an A. O. Smith water heater that met my specs. I never heard back from him.

Description of Work
Called to get a quote on a water heater plus installation

01/15/2011

MITCHELL R.

Can't say much. I had him come while my son was home and no complaints. All went very smooth and disposal works well.

Description of Work
New garbage disposal installed. Alan picked up needed part based on my description and installed

12/30/2010

Kathryn O.

I called and left a message. Alan called back within 10 minutes at 3pm. Although I told him we could wait until tomorrow, he told me he was finishing a job and could be here in about an hour. He arrived at 4:15 and got right to work. It took him an hour as the clog was in the wall. He was very nice and cleaned up after he finished. We got a 10% discount because of Angie's List. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Opened a clogged drain in the kitchen sink.

Category drain cleaning

06/09/2010

John T.

He seemed very cordial on the phone, and the price he quoted was excellent. He then postponed once, and then on the scheduled date never showed up, never called, nothing. I didn't call back again, and used someone else. He may be an excellent plumber, but he's not very good at attracting new business.

Description of Work
I called numerous times to attempt to schedule Alan to come and install a disposal.

06/05/2010

Michael B.

The experience went well. Alan came at the agreed upon time and quickly started on removing the clog. The cleanout downstairs was unavailable due to the basement being finished so he had to run the auger all the way down from the upstairs kitchen drain. The process did not take that long and the drain was cleaner than it has ever been before. He then gave some advice to prevent the clog from happening again. After that he spent about 30 mins answering questions about the plumbing in my house that we had just purchased. He did not have to spend time doing this so it was greatly appreciated and he will be our go to plumber.

Description of Work
Used auger to remove deep clog in kitchen drain that I was unable to do myself.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

05/02/2010

Eric D.

I was at the apartment building I owned and was notified by a tenant while I was there that a pipe was leaking in the laundry room. This was on 3/8/2010 around 6pm in the evening. I contacted Alan while at the apartment building. He had a job he was doing that evening so swung by the building on his way to the other job to put a temporary patch on the pipe so it would hold. He scheduled me in for the following week (3/15/2010) and accomodated my schedule since I was going on vacation the next day. It took approximately 1 hour to do the repair. He cleaned up after he was done and the piping is in great shape now. The total charge for both visits was $150 total. I own multiple apartment buildings & rentals and have used Alan on multiple occasions (5+ times), including installing a water heater in my own home. I will continue using him based on my experience with him in relation to price & quality of his work. I have used other "A" plumbers on Angie's List and find the price of other plumbers is very high for the amount of time they spent doing the job. Alan is more reasonable in regards to price. Alan charged me $175 for another plumbing repair job based on a quoted estimate over the phone where another plumbing had provided a quoted estimate of $425. Quality and pricing are Alan's Plumbing strong points. Because he is a one man shop though, he is very sensitive to his schedule. Sometimes he can be hard to get hold of because he takes his own calls and if he is really busy with a plumbing job, he will not pick up his cell phone while in the middle of his work. He will typically get back with you that day though (and most times within a couple hours) from what I have observed in our relationship as plumber and landlord, which is fine by me. Also, because he is a one man plumber, sometimes he can get backed up. He might give you a time of 10am to be at the job and be there around 11:30am. That had happened on this particular plumbing job. I would give him a window of time based on the time he tells you. Expect a 2 hour window around the time he gives you. Most plumbers will give you a window of time anyhow. Overall, I am very satisfied with the work that Alan has provided so far and will continue to use him on my own home and rentals. I have used other plumbers on Angie's List that were "A" report plumbers and stopped using them due to issues involving the prices they charged and the ultimate quality of their work. Alan has been the plumber I have stuck with. Again, he may not pick up the phone right away so leave a message and give him a 2 hour window from the time he tells you. If you are fine with that, he is a good plumber.

Description of Work
I had a copper pipe that formed a hole in the pipe (causing a leak) in an apartment building I own. Alan replaced the copper piping with new piping.

03/25/2010

Edie R.

Overall, it went well. He did exactly what he said that he would do. He charged the price he said up front. I had two minor issues with him. He was late in coming and while he did call, he was later than he said that he would be and he never left a number (cell phone) where I could reach him. I guess that he doesn't have business cards because he never gave me one. He went to get the parts after another job instead of getting everything the first thing in the morning or the day before for the jobs the next day. The other issue is that a discount is listed on your website for him. When I questioned him about it, he said that he didn't really apply and it would only save me $10 or so. It was after everything was done so I didn't have much of a recourse but I thought that it not good business and you need to know about it.

Description of Work
He cleaned out the sediment in the valve in our shower as much as he could. He needed to put in a new valve because he said the parts of the old valve could break and it would be too hard to get replacement parts. He put in a new valve.

11/27/2009

Connie O.

Alan called back within minutes, and got to our house the same day. He was very polite and professional and worked hard to remove some really big tree roots that were clogging the drain pipes. He also had a great memory he had been here 8 years ago and he remembered the house! I definatrly recommend him - since he owns his own business and does the work himself he cares very much about customer service and a job well done.

Description of Work
Removed the tree roots that were clogging our drain pipes outside the house.

09/29/2009

KAREN B.

This is the second time that I have used him, and it went very well. He is very prompt about getting back to you. The pipe works better than ever now.

Description of Work
He cleaned out the sewer pipe in my basement and set tub drains. I am unable to remember the total cost of the service.

09/17/2009

S M.

Alan came very promptly. Although I was not home at the time, the person who watches my house during the day said he was very punctual, diligent in his efforts, and obviously, what he did worked. I don't know what he attempted first, but the end result was removing the toilet upon which he found some strange candle or air freshener type of object (previous owner's) creating the clog. All is well that ends well. I would definitely use this service again.

Description of Work
Rather than continuing to bypass the most convenient of the bathrooms in the house because the toilet was "haunted", I finally called Alan to see if he could diagnose the problem. I'd had another plumber "snake it" to no avail. Toilet would flush, but within a few days, it would be "washing the floor" again.

09/12/2009

LINDA B.

I have used him many times in the last few months. I like his personality and that he is very punctual. He is always available whenever I call him and stays late to make sure he finishes the job ? so, he is very dependable. His prices are also very low compared to others. He cleans up everything after the work. I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
They put new toilets in the basement.

07/28/2009

LINDA B.

I've used him a couple times. He got back with me right away, was super friendly, he got tied up and came out the next day. His prices were exceptional. He came out to work at my father's house too and did the same work.

Description of Work
He removed a the iron piping that was hooked up to an old septic tank, took out the well pump and sistern pump. He reconnected our outside faucets to city water.

07/07/2009

Gloria W.

He told me that I needed a new Hot Water Heater. A few days later, actually on a Saturday he and another worker installed the Hot Water Heater.

Description of Work
I called him because my shower water would not get hot, Water in other areas of the house was hot. He answered the call on the same day and cae to the house and gave me an estimate.

05/15/2009

Richard M.

He dug down about 48 inches to the copper water line, where he found a pinhole leak. He cut off the bad pipe and replaced it with a joint coupling. After waiting a while to make sure there were no leaks he filled the hole. It took him about 6 hours from start to finish. I'll use him again if needed.

Description of Work
I noticed that my lawn was soggy in one area over the water pipe so I deduced that there was a water leak in the pipe. I called several plumbers for an estimate. Alan came out the next day and gave me the estimate. I chose him because his price was less than the other companies.

03/02/2009

THOMAS H.

Alan was running late, but he called to inform us and asked if it was OK to still come out. He not only did the contracted work quickly and neatly, he found 2 other problems with our sink and asked if we wanted him to fix those also. Everything was done beautifully and our kitchen was perfectly clean when he left. The cost was just what he estimated. We were very happy with everything.

Description of Work
Alan Hornsby installed a new kitchen faucet and disposal that we had purchased.

02/03/2009

Lydia B.

They showed up on time, figured out quickly that the heater was dead, came back the next day with a new one, installed it, and life was good again!

Description of Work
Don't know much about what he did. It took quite awhile but they were really professional and told me some things that I should do (like upgrade...I'm a person who always wants lot of hot water but he gave me the reasons why it was kind of dumb not to upgrade).

01/06/2009

Suzanne R.

Scheduling was difficult but it was the holiday season so that was expectable but he showed up on time. He spent two to three hours on the problem. The price was very fair because it was normal charge for a one hour service call and he was here for three hours. Everything turned out good.

Description of Work
He fixed a leak on the toilet and he investigated a blocked vent stack.

11/11/2008

Gary M.

Excellent work and very reasonable price. Prompt service and arrived when he said he would. I would use Alan again for any future plumbing services.

Description of Work
Installed a garbage disposal and unclogged a slow drain.

10/30/2008

CAROLYN D.

Alan came over to take a look at the problem and then came back a couple days later to fix it. He also adjusted the hot water in the guest bathroom shower while he was here. He's a really nice guy, and you can't beat his prices!

Description of Work
Replaced a rusted pipe in my garage.

09/18/2008

LINDA F.

Alan gave me an estimate over the phone of $300. I was surprised and happy when the charges totaled $266. I was very happy with the work that was done-replacement of outdoor faucet and sink installation. However, Alan turned off my hot water heater, something we didn't realize until the next morning. It was Saturday, the next day, going in to the Labor Day weekend when we realized we didn't have hot water. I called Alan to see if it was something they did as we were having problems getting the pilot light lit. I called him around noon and didn't hear from him until around 5 PM. I was quite anxious as we were having company that weekend and I was worried I wouldn't have hot water. Alan promptly apologized and told me he did indeed turn off the water heater. By this time we were able to get it back on, but it was a somewhat stressful experience. That is why I rated him as a B in responsiveness and professionalism. Other than that they were prompt and courteous. I would hire him again even with everything that happened.

Description of Work
Outside faucet replaced and pedestal sink installed.

09/12/2008

MARY B.

Alan was always responsive to my calls and was always on time.

Description of Work
I had a leaking toilet and Alan contacted the manufacturer and had the bowl replaced under warranty. I did not know it would be covered and really appreciate that he took the initiative.

08/25/2008

STEVE F.

His work has always been very price affective. He does good quality work and he always shows up on time and does what he says he is going to do. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Alan's Plumbing does all of our plumbing needs we have.

08/22/2008

Andrew D.

It went very well. He was later than he said he'd be coming off another job to tend to mine, but he gets bonus points in my book for coming over at 7pm, well after his normal stopping time. I called 4 plumbers listed on AngiesList, and he was in the top 2 least expensive. He and his assistant were professional and kept my place clean.

Description of Work
He replaced my power vent gas water heater with a new power vent gas water heater on the same day that I called to ask for an estimate.

Halpin Plumbing Inc

Since 1951, Halpin Plumbing has been providing Plumbing Experts to the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region. Our many skilled plumbers have been providing services in an around the city of Cincinnati for over 60 years. No plumbing problem is too big or small, but just a phone call away. Additional email - Skylar@halpinplumbing.com

Plumb Tite, LLC

Plumb Tite is a long-standing family owned and operated plumbing company heavily servicing clients in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana. A full service company, we specialize in providing residential and commercial service plumbing work of all shapes and sizes. Plumb Tite has rightfully earned the reputation as a highly chosen and referred plumber of choice, along with a number of awards and accolades for our customer service, excellence, growth, ethics and business operations. We believe in providing a better service experience and demonstrating how exceptional a service company should and can operate. We accomplish this with superior customer service and follow-up, expanded business hours including weekends and evenings to meet your busy schedule, real and licensed plumbers who are not only highly skilled but also exceptional at communicating options and solutions for customers, and the most honest and up-front pricing model anywhere. It is our belief that customers deserve better and we intend to provide it each and every time by earning your business instead of simply expecting it. Isn't that the way it should be? With a team of expertly trained and certified master and journeyman plumbers to service our customer’s vast and varied needs, Plumb Tite has truly become synonymous with the original and lasting company logo, Plumbing Done Right!

Award 2022
    Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing Heating Air

For 88 years, we have served the heating, air conditioning and plumbing needs of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are one of the oldest continuously operating service firms in the area. Our owner is Kris Knochelmann, who's family has been in the business for over 40 years. Our staff of experienced, licensed, NATE certified technicians are able to offer fair pricing, quality workmanship, and unique testing of your heating and air conditioning system. Ask about our lifetime warranty. It could be the last furnace or air conditioner you ever buy. Experience award winning service, where we treat you like family.

Award 2022
    Offers by Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing Heating Air  on Angi

INSTALLATION, REPAIRS & RE-PIPING FOR GAS & WATER LINES, SEWAGE, DRAIN CLEANING & PLUMBING REMODELING. WATER HEATERS & SOFTENERS, WELL & PUMPS.