Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control

Founded 1927 • With Angi since May 2008

4.3

17515 Engle Lake Dr

Middleburg Heights, OH 44130

When pests or termites move in, you want the ultimate weapon to take them out: Terminix, America’s leading provider of termite and pest control. It's no wonder more than 2.7 million customers trust us to protect their homes and families from the havoc that unwanted intruders can create. You can

08/23/2017

Ellen G.

I will only let them spray the outside of my house. I had a window open and they accidentally killed my canary. I don't have anyone to compare price. They have a window when they coming. You don't know exactly when they are coming. They are responsive. The guys that come out are really nice.

06/20/2017

Judy P.

I canceled them because the guy that they sent out was too old to get into my crawl space. They need to send a younger guy or somebody that's more flexible to get into small spaces. It probably took him an hour and a half to do the work.

Description of Work
They came out and sprayed.

10/11/2016

DANIEL B.

I had them for many years and I discontinued it for this year. We had several issues where they said they would be there and then they didn't come. They were semi-responsive like when we had a mouse problem. They set up something and they didn't show and I stayed home specifically to do that, and they gave me some excuse that wasn't acceptable to me so I terminated the service at the end of the contract year. They really didn't have a handle on their business. The reason they gave me was that they had trouble with their certain technicians to show up. If they have those internal problems with their company, they either address them or lose business.

Description of Work
I used to use Terminix. They did a quarterly service.

09/26/2016

Mariane T.

Great very professional. Explained in detail

Description of Work
Bug problem

09/10/2016

AMY R.

They always tell us in advance when they're going to be around. They are very polite they always ask if we need anything specifically, if we have any problems they take care of it. If they have to come into the house they put the footy sock over their shoes. They're very professional.

Description of Work
I use Terminix of Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control for pest control and extermination services. They treat for pest insects.

08/11/2016

Annmarie C.

never showed for the appointment and after 4 phones calls to the company never got any resolution

Description of Work
pest control

Category pest control

Thank you for posting your experience on Angie's List! A copy of your review has been sent to the attention of the Manager at your local Terminix office for follow-up. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us toll free at 1-866-869-2273 and select option 3. Thank you again, Executive Services Department Terminix International

04/12/2016

Maryann A S.

Provider was late. Last time (in January) he didn't even come to the door -- pulled in the driveway, dropped off his door hangtag, and left. I called and he returned to provide the service, but would not have if I had not been home to verify that he had not ever knocked or even walked around the house. The company is awful -- long hold times, no local call center. Phone reps are nice but ineffective. When we first contracted with Terminix, 12 years ago, the same service person came every time and was very attentive. Since he left 4 years ago, service has been spotty; in the past 12 months, it has been just plain bad. When my termite protection runs out, I will find a different company.

Description of Work
Theoretically checked termite prevention system and sprayed for pests.

02/25/2016

Andrea G.

Had a 2 hour time window to check inside for rodents on a Saturday morning. No one showed up or called but I got an automated email (during that 2hr window) for a rescheduled time that I never set up! What!? I contacted the scheduling manager and set up another time that would work for me. I made sure to be out of work to get home.... And again he did not call or show up! Horrible scheduling and communication! I was BEYOND aggravated and immediately stopped my all my service with them.

Description of Work
Rodent follow up

Category pest control, animal removal

Thank you for posting your experience on Angie's List! Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need additional assistance at 1-800-TERMINIX (1-800-837-6464). Thank you again, Executive Services Department Terminix International

10/23/2015

Roger S.

My review is based strictly on my annoyance with the telephone sales practices of Terminix. We used their services for a brief time last year. It was satisfactory but after our contract was fulfilled we no longer needed nor wanted to continue pest control services. Since then, they have bothered us to the point of being relentless with their sales calls. We have been called three times this week (real people, not robo-calls). We have asked politely, and then perhaps not so politely, for them to remove our name from their list. We are capable of deciding when and if we want pest control services, and WE WILL CALL YOU if we want your service. How rude to repeatedly call and bother former customers. We will NEVER use their company again after being pestered by their salespeople.

Description of Work
provided preventive pest control around the outside of our house.

09/24/2015

GERRY E.

I have been a customer since 2003. In the past year, the service has deteriorated markedly. The appointment system is the major problem. Appointments are made arbitrarily, and then are changed within a day or 2 of the scheduled time. All this without checking with the customer about whether the new appointment meets their needs or schedule. After waiting all day, I was told that no one would be available. The time then given to me was impossible, as it was a time that I would be away. Calls to the local office are always transferred to the national office, so that you have no input to the local crew. My advise is to use a local, and not a national, company.

Description of Work
Preventive spraying

08/14/2015

Mary H.

I have bed bugs. Person for estimate gave a "pretend " inspection. Showed up hours before she was supposed to. The estimate was more than 3x the other estimates but is sounded so professional that we felt safer using those services. Getting through to the service to answer my questions was impossibly complex. I got disconnected several times and misdirected frequently. The company gives instructions for the services that we followed even though it took days to complete. We asked for a call in advance which we never received. The two hour window that they gave came and went. I attempted to cancel the appointment and was told I needed to speak with the cancellation department which would have been another layer in the maze.The service technician showed up late and alone. ( the literature states 2 people) DO NOT USE

Description of Work
Never showed up at the appointed time

06/01/2015

Patricia L.

They are always on time. They are a bit expensive.

Description of Work
I use Terminix. They did treatment for insects for a tree.

12/31/2014

jamie S.

They just come like clock work. They drop you a call and they help us keep all of our house centipedes down.

Description of Work
I've use Terminix quarterly. They spray for bugs.

09/04/2014

Adrian M.

I have used them for about 2 years. They are on time, they come out when they are supposed to and they get the job done. The cost is quarterly.

08/02/2014

ROBERT W.

We have used them for a long time, and it has been a fine experience. They are very punctual in terms of their regular visit, and the write up about what they have done, and what they have found anything is very detailed. They fellow who comes is very friendly, and we haven't had any problems in the 10 or so years that we have used them. We have one of their service plans, so they come quarterly. I can't think of anything they have done wrong. They have been great about responsiveness.

03/10/2014

Maureen S.

Went great. Showed up on time and we haven't seen any more ants.

Description of Work
The people on the phone at the call center left something to be desired but when the driver came out he was able to make our 1 year contract $400 instead of over $700. He was very helpful and explained everything. After 2 days we haven't seen any more ants.

01/17/2014

Tracey M.

I am billed once per month and someone visits my house to check on effectiveness and placement of traps. So far it has worked but if I need an extra service, there is no extra charge.

Description of Work
I had to sign a one-year contract for removal of mice.

11/20/2013

Diana R.

He sprayed the floor of each room using aerosol spray cans. He didn't provide me with a copy of the contract or a receipt (I'm still waiting for those). I called the office several times and received different answers from each individual I spoke to. The last response I received was that he hadn't turned in his paperwork as yet, which was approx. 1 week after he'd been to my house. Someone named Brian was to have called me, I never heard from him. When the serviceman came to the house he gave me a sheet of paper and said he wouldn't do the job until I had checked off each of the items on the list and if I couldn't complete the list he would have to reschedule. I said I wouldn't reschedule and convinced him to do the job that day. I don't know if it's just the office that I dealt with, but I get the impression that the company isn't very organized or communicative with each other. I'm still waiting for my receipt and copy of the contract.

Description of Work
Sprayed the inside of my house for fleas.

10/07/2013

TAMARA W.

No review I write is sufficiently scathing. We were once quite pleased with Terminix's service, but by the end, we could not have been more displeased. To say they are unresponsive is the understatement of the year. They not only did not come out in the time frame we requested, they set up appointments with us that they turned around and cancelled. We repeatedly requested to speak to a manager about the poor service we were getting, we were repeatedly told that one would call us back within 24-48 hours, and never did one call back to discuss this. Encouraged by some well-meaning peon at their toll free number to bump it up higher, the higher ups didn't even call back! In short, when Terminix managers don't even care that they are losing a customer, it's time to terminate Terminix.

Description of Work
Pest control

10/03/2013

SANFORD M.

Terminix has always provided excellent service and has been very helpful and professional. They come out quarterly and spray around the home. We have have termite protection insurance to make sure termites don’t come back after their initial treatment. They also inspect regularly. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They perform pest control quarterly.

10/02/2013

Darrell T.

Everything has been great. We have used them a several times throughout the years. Scheduling was easy and we didn’t encounter any problems.

Description of Work
They serviced a rental property. One of our tenants said they saw fleas. Terminix was able to inspect the property and treat the problem.

09/05/2013

Mary Ann V.

I have been pleased with them so far and from their first application I have not had any problems at all. They have been very professional so far.

Description of Work
I use Terminix for pest control and extermination. I am scheduled to use them this week to check everything.

07/15/2013

Mark R.

Terminix are great. Their prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
We have an annual contract with them for spraying for pest control. They come out four times a year.

04/12/2013

Lynne L.

I called them because I had a problem with carpenter bees, they came promptly and took care of that. Since that time, they have been taking care of my exterior, spraying on a routine basis to make sure I no longer have a problem with the bees, or any other pests. They do come back if I notice a problem. They would do the interior of the house if I requested them but I have not had an occasion to use them inside of the home. What I have is a specific problem, I have been able to speak with them about it, and they have been very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
I use Terminix for routine pest control. They come out quarterly and spray the exterior of the house.

01/15/2013

michelle C.

We were quoted a price of $369 billed quarterly. The first 4 months we were billed $55, which would total $648 over the course of a year. I spoke to customer service and faxed the contract with the quoted price. They first tried to convince me that $54 is what I was quoted, until I told them I had the contract. After it was "corrected" we were billed $125/quarterly...which would have totaled $500 over the course of a year. When I called the second time to explain I was being overcharged again, they tried to tell me it was because I was getting termite protection. Even though the service rep told me I did not need it and it was not on my contract. The other disturbing problem was that the visit summary the service rep left had a total service cost of $74 for the visit. I asked the customer service rep why I was being charged $125 for $74 worth of service. The only response I got was the extra charge was for termite coverage, again I referred to my contract. I was never able to get an answer to my questions and frankly trying to get a refund was a nightmare. Both times it took repeated calls at least every three days and still took about 2-3 months to get a refund. Although we did not see ants after the first visit, I would not recommend this service. We work very hard for our money to have to beg to get it back.

Description of Work
Billing Nightmare

A.G.I. Pro Services

Formally A "G.I." Window Cleaning. We Specialize in Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Guard installation, Soft Washing of Houses, Roof Treatments (removes black streaks over time), Pressure Washing, Deck Restoration, Driveway sealing, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Handyman Services, Painting, and Now are offering Pest Control.

Heights Pest Control & Termite

As everyone knows, pests that live outside of your home don't belong in your home. Heights Pest Control is prepared to tackle those invasive pests in an effective, family friendly manner because we know that a safe home is important to you. Our “Green Band Protection System” is designed to get rid of any pests inside your home and then make is so they can never get in again by securing the outside perimeter of your property. Each of our highly skilled technicians are trained in the latest application methods, proper equipment use and maintenance, and will answer any questions you may have about the materials being used to treat the areas around and inside your home & business. As your local Green Pest Solution provider, we stand behind our Money Back Guarantee, because we will respect your home as if it was our own, and your peace of mind is important to us. But don’t take our word for it! Read our Angie’s list reviews. We have been an Angie’s List Super Service award winner THREE years running due to our exemplary ratings !

2022 Super Service Award

Advanced Exterminating

****PLEASE CALL (216) 798-9619 TO RECEIVE IMMEDIATE SERVICE****Advanced Exterminating Co. is Northeast Ohio's premier pest control service with local technicians who are trained and experienced to serve your needs. We strive to go above and beyond for our clients and believe the job isn't done until you are fully satisfied. We eliminate Bees, Wasps, Hornets, Ants, Fleas, Bed Bugs, Spiders, Centipedes, Mice & Other Rodents. Don't see your "pest" listed here? Call us to see if we can get it under control. We are VA FAK licensed for real estate inspections and are licensed through the Dept of Agriculture. For quality pest control services at an affordable price - look no further than Advanced Exterminating Co. Call us today! (216) 798-9619

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control

How is Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control overall rated?

Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control is currently rated 4.3 overall out of 5.

What days are Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control open?

Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control is open:

Sunday: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Does Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control offer free estimates?

Yes, Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control offers free project estimates.

Does Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control?

No, Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control does not offer warranties.

What services does Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control offer?

Terminix - Middleburg Heights -Termite & Pest Control offers the following services: Residential & Commercial- Ant, Mice, Pest, Termite & Bed Bug Control, Exterminators, Baiting Systems, Prevention Treatments & Attic Insulation