Junk King Dayton

Founded 2011 • With Angi since January 2014

8521 North Springboro Pike

Miamisburg, OH 45342

Offering the best junk removal and hauling in the Dayton Ohio area! Call now at 1-888-888-JUNK or book online at: www.junk-king.com/locations/Dayton

01/21/2019

Glenn A.

Jay and Travis were on time and completed the work quickly. They were very polite and professional. I definitely would use this service again.

Description of Work
I needed to have a broken refrigerator, an old 32" television, and a broken exercise bicycle removed and discarded.

10/25/2017

Ronald W.

Everything went fine, and all the people were very nice.

Description of Work
They hauled away old furniture and appliances.

Category hauling services

Thanks for the review! We appreciate the business very much. Pete McCreary, Owner

02/02/2017

Anna Z.

The gentlemen called ahead to verify the appointment time, arrived on time, were courteous & professional, and finished quickly. I'll definitely use this service provider again.

Description of Work
Removal of a bulky couch, several chairs, an old desk, & an assortment of smaller items.

Thank you very much! Pete McCreary, Owner

09/29/2016

Mitchell S.

Smoothly and quickly did there job.What else is there to say.A+ service.

Description of Work
Gathered,loaded in trucks and disposed of unwanted items in my house.

Thank you very much for the review! Pete McCreary, Owner

06/08/2016

Mitchell S.

Went great.Highly satisfied.On time with quick and prompt service.

Description of Work
Light hauling.............Disposal of household items

Category hauling services

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the review and giving our company your business. Pete McCreary, Owner

11/23/2015

Fred P.

We wanted to have a very old and heavy chest freezer and two big Sony television sets removed from our lower level. We received a call 30 minutes prior to their arrival and they arrived on time as promised. While still friendly and cordial, they wasted no time in removing these items. The men that removed these items were friendly, professional and very careful in removing these items up our narrow staircase. They didn't touch the walls once! We will definitely use this company again and most certrainly recomment them to anyone else.

Description of Work
Removal of old freezer and television sets.

Category hauling services

Thank you very much! Let us know if we can come help you out in the future. Pete McCreary, Owner

10/18/2015

Marcie E M.

My great big tube television died. I thought, just take it to the curb. NOPE. They wouldn't take it. NO ONE WOULD COME AND GET IT! I would have to take it someplace, carry it in, and give it to them, and that was only a couple of places like half an hour drive. For 2 weeks I tried to figure out what I'd have to do to get rid of the thing, finally I figured I'd have to take a hammer to it and bury it in my back yard. For the heck of it I thought I'd find out what it might cost for anyone to come get it. Then I found it. JUNK KING. Went to their web site, at 2:00 am, I keep odd hours, and right then and there, SOOOO EASY, just looked up what it might cost me, and when I went to set up a time to do it I couldn't believe it, they'd come the next day, anytime I wanted. They confirmed it, they called 15 minutes out, came, were courteous, and gone in 5 minutes, and that was only cause I can blab on a bit. What a relief. I'd reuse them in a heart-beat, totally.

Description of Work
Picked up a broken television.

Category garbage collection, hauling services

[Member name removed], Thanks for the review! It sounds like it was big help to get rid of it. I wish the price were more acceptable to you. $85 is our minimum charge to come out and remove something. I know it seems like a lot but being a contract junk removal company where we come out at a scheduled appointment that you set costs us about $38 just to show up. I don't tell too many people that but the cost to send a large dump truck out with 2 guys on it at a specific time of day runs us $38 on average even if we don't do any hauling. We happily offer free estimates because most people don't really know what it costs to have something hauled away so we do it at no cost to the customer to hopefully to build good will. I'm glad we could help. Pete McCreary, Owner

08/19/2015

Mary S.

Description of Work
Date of service was Augusy 12, 2015 and the cost of service was $1,313.00.

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback. Pete McCreary, Owner

05/21/2015

Carolyn B.

Description of Work
Easy scheduling, prompt arrival, good pricing. The workers were efficient and competent--they did a great job!

Category garbage collection, hauling services

Thank you very much for the review. We are glad we could help you get rid of some excess stuff. Pete McCreary, Owner

04/16/2015

ROGER B.

When I set up the appointment they gave me a one hour window. They called 15 minutes prior to arriving as promised during the time they said they would be there. They sized up what they needed to do and went to work. They were fast and did a complete job - they even swept the area to ensure that they got all of it. The 3 guys were friendly and worked hard and fast to complete my job. I would highly recommend Junk King. Thanks guys,

Description of Work
Pickup of yard debris and other items.

Category hauling services

Thanks for the review! The guys like to hear these reviews so I read them in the morning when we are going over the day coming up. Pete McCreary, Owner

02/24/2015

Dennis S.

Junk King called the day prior to the appointment to confirm date/time and get an idea of what they would be removing. Called the day of appointment 30 minutes early to let us know they were on their way. Arrived promptly, were very friendly and professional. Surveyed the items for removal and gave us a quote then started loading everything immediately. They worked quickly and efficiently removing everything, & packed it all onto the truck. They asked how we found out about them and i told them Angie's list which earned us 15% off, we paid by credit card and they were off! Great service and very friendly staff. We would definately use them again!!

Description of Work
Removed items for trash from a rental property

Category garbage collection, hauling services

Thanks for the review. As a business owner, I try to find people that care about the business and the service we offer and we have been very fortunate to find that so far. I't is good to hear that customers see that as well. Thanks again. Pete McCreary, Owner

10/26/2014

Mary F.

My husband and I were cleaning out the shed and getting rid of items no needed since we merged our things. The men were on time, they were quick and very organized. I shopped around and they were the best deal. Good price great service.

Description of Work
Haul items away.

Category hauling services

Thank you for your business! We appreciate you giving us a chance to work for you.

10/11/2014

Rakesia H.

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER- I have used Junk King in the past and had Excellent! services regarding the professionalism and over-all experience thats why I used them again to clean out my elderly mothers basement. I purchased the same coupon 89 and received less items on the truck then previous. Prior to this experience i was a walking bill board for your company. When the truck pulled up to the house it already had a couch on it at 9:15am and many of my items were left out I was informed by the driver it would be an additional cost. The other worker had exceptional customer service skills and went out of his way to get a chair although the driver was ready to wrap up the transaction wish your company had more people like him. Services lacked and driver estimated the amount compared to the service from my last experience I was Cheated and my elderly mother left with items that would have been hauled. Very Disappointed

Description of Work
Hauled away items from basement and back yard.

Category hauling services

My name is Pete McCreary and I'm the owner of Junk King. Wow, this sounds like a bummer. It looks like we set ourselves for failure with our previous job by taking quite a bit more than the coupon offered. I am unable to find the prior job we did for you in our system so maybe it is listed under a different name. The coupon you bought I believe was for 1/4 of our truck.....According to my driver, he took 1/4 of our truck plus a little bit extra. If this is not the case please let me know. The coupon you bought was a 1/2 price coupon so you got 1/2 price on the deal to start with which makes it a breakeven job for us. It sounds like you were expecting more to be removed....and I'm not sure what to say to that. I would love to talk on the phone to see where the misunderstanding might have occurred. I tried to call yesterday but just got voicemail. My main concern is to make sure that we honored what we say we would. If one of my other drivers took more in a previous meeting then I'm glad you were satisfied on that round but it may have set a precedent that would be hard to keep going. My apologies for any misunderstanding. Please call me at 513-800-3941 to see if we can clear up any confusion or to correct any of my understanding.

08/13/2014

Lisa H.

It went very well. In fact I am going to use them again this week. It was very good. They showed up right on time. I went with them because I know the owner.

Description of Work
They did all the labor and put everything on the truck and took it away.

Category hauling services

Thanks for the review. I wish you guys the best in your new city and new place!

07/17/2014

Janet K B.

They called to let me know approximately what time they would arrive. They completed all the work quickly and efficiently. I appreciated the professionalism and courtesy of the men who came to remove the objects to the truck. They completed the task in less time than was scheduled. I couldn't have had a better experience.

Description of Work
Hauled wood and metal holder from the back patio to the truck and loaded. They cleaned up the debris that was left from the old wood. They removed a chair from the living room. They took quite a few items that I had in my garage and couldn't dispose of via regular trash. It would have cost me a minimum of $270, probably more, and I would have had to do all the lifting myself for large trash load. I couldn't have done the lifting myself.

Category hauling services

Thank you very much for choosing Junk King. Let us know if you need us again in the future.

06/04/2014

Rakesia H.

They were awesome. They did everything. There were a total of two people who came.

Description of Work
I used the Big Deal and garbage collection service of Junk King Cincinnati.

Category garbage collection

Thanks for the time and the business. Let us know if we can help in the future.

04/22/2014

CHRIS K.

I was able to schedule a next-day pick up. The crew that arrived was on-time, professional, and fast. They had our garage cleared out in less than 30 minutes. We had a lot of junk that almost filled the truck. Used an Angie's List coupon and got 15% of the total bill.

Description of Work
The crew cleared out our garage. They took away a washer, dryer, some furniture and a bunch of other junk.

04/22/2014

Marilyn B.

Description of Work
The had to take a multitude of items from the rafters in the garage. There were many walnuts that the squirrels also had hidden there. So in addition to taking down the items they cleaned up the garage of walnuts. It was spotless when they left.

04/21/2014

Ashanti V.

I called on Friday 4/18/14 to inquire about service. Dee (manager) was very friendly on the phone. She came by my home that day and gave me a free estimate. I scheduled service for the following day. Dee and two young men arrived 20 minutes early on Saturday morning. Being a single woman, I am careful about who I allow into my home. I was comfortable with Dee after meeting her, and the two young men she brought with her were very respectful and professional. This crew came in and cleaned out my garage, my shed, my basement and a bedroom. They pulled up carpet in my basement. I had large office furniture pieces and a treadmill removed from by basement. There was an old piano in my garage that was removed. When it was all said and done, I had two truck loads of items that had accumulated over a 14 year period, hauled away by Junk-King in about 2 hours! I did not have to lift a finger. I just told them what to take. They did it all. I'm not sure what the going rate is for hauling items away as this is the first time I have ever purchased this kind of service, but I will say that for the amount of stuff I had and the time they saved me by hauling it away, I feel that the price was money well spent. I also like that this company will recycle and/or donate any items that they haul away and will provide me with a receipt. Overall, I was very pleased with this company and would highly recommend them to anyone in need of hauling service.

Description of Work
Hauled items from garage, basement, shed and bedroom

Category garbage collection

03/26/2014

Mary F.

They were great from first contact to final pick- up. I would use them again and I would recommend then. They actually have a Dayton location .

Description of Work
Haul unwanted household items

Category hauling services

Thanks (member name removed) and thanks for mentioning our Dayton location as well.

01/19/2014

Johnny D.

The guys that arrived at the house did a great job. They showed up in the given time frame even though the weather was bad (snow). Cleaned out all of the debris in a short amount of time.

Description of Work
Hauled debris from the garage

Category hauling services

Thanks for the review. I'm glad we could help out.