GRUNDER LANDSCAPING CO

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2006

9770 BYERS RD

Miamisburg, OH 45342

ALSO DBA MARTIN J GRUNDER JR INC. ...

10/26/2016

maureen Z.

Category lawn service

10/08/2014

Hal R.

09/04/2014

Brenda N.

Great company. They were prompt, professional and quiet and cleaned up after themselves. Great quality of work. We had a problem getting rid of the ground cover and they returned many times to try to address this, at no expense. We received a reminder letter in the spring that plants would soon be losing their warranty and to check them. They refunded our money on plants that did not survive our harsh winters and the treatments being administered for the ground cover. Very professional. Good company service. We recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed existing front yard flower beds and redid this with new plants and edging.

06/03/2013

Kim W.

We've used Grunder in the past, and they are wonderful. Kent Sholder, the designer we've worked with in the past, is just the best, and the crews that come out to do the work are always very professional, thorough, and polite. My only complaint, especially in the last couple of years, has to do with the speed of getting a project scheduled. Grunder seems very busy recently, and it took some time this year to get the work on the schedule, putting us a little behind (for which they apologized).

Description of Work
Placed areas of med/large cobbles between the house and garden beds, all the way around the property.

06/22/2012

Duane T.

I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We used Grunder Landscaping to prep and mulch the flower beds.

Category landscaping,mulch

05/21/2012

Roxanne E.

They are fabulous. They are very professional. They clean up after themselves. They take service to another level.

Description of Work
I bought some landscaping for a friend.

11/08/2011

kenlyn D.

They are absolutely fabulous. They do a fantastic job. They have fabulous salesmen. I am happier with them than I have ever been with a landscaper. They did work beyond the work I expected. They are very reasonable. I feel like they are fair and knowledgeable. I would rate them highly and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Grunder Landscaping Co to landscape my front yard.

03/25/2011

Ann O.

It didnt

Description of Work
Emailed and told them I was moving into a new house with a 2.5 acre lot and I wanted to have it fenced in totally because I have two dogs. I wanted the front fencing to be really nice but the back fencing just needed to be functional. I asked if it would be possible to arrange a survey and an estimate. I did not even receive the courtesy of an acknowledgement of my inquiry even if it was to say they were not interested in the job. I do find it very rude and very irritating to be ignored !!!! If this is the attitude toward potential customers god knows what it would be once they have you on the hook !!!!!

Category fencing,landscaping,hardscaping

01/20/2011

Gerald M.

Our lot slopes from north to south toward the street. Several years ago we experienced flooding in the north part of our basement after heavy snows which melted and were followed by rain storms. We had several inches of water in parts of the basement. We tried several fixes, including removing our patio bricks, regrading and installing a sump pump. Although these actions stopped the actual flooding, we continued to see water entering on the north basement walls during heavy rains, particularly in the part of the basement where our deck connects to the house. For a couple of years we actually put 4 mil. plastic sheeting over our deck during rainy seasons to drain the water off the deck away from the house. This was obviously not a permanent solution, but it seemed to help. We wanted a final solution to totally eliminate any water entering the basement. The house is about 30 years old, and the original deck would have to be removed to do this project. We decided to replace the deck either with a new deck or pavers. We contacted Grunder Landscaping after a search on Angie's List for contractors that deal with drainage problems. We called Grunder and described the situation. We talked with Brent Ogburn who agreed to review our situation for a consulting fee of $150. Brent came out in late November within a few days after we called to discuss our situation. He advised us that the ground below our deck was sloping toward the house rather than away from it. He provided a quote with several options, including the removal of our existing deck and the installation of a new deck, a concrete patio or pavers. If we decided to have the deck rebuilt, Grunder would subcontract that work to a contractor in Dayton. We decided to have the deck rebuilt, which was the least expensive option, and to have a local contractor construct the deck instead of the Dayton subcontractor. When we called Grunder to advise that we would like them to do the drainage work but had selected a local contractor for the deck, we learned that a part of the project we had discussed with Brent had not been included in the original quote. Grunder provided us with a new quote, which added about $750 to the cost of the project. We weren't pleased with the additional cost, but decided to go ahead with the project after talking with Lance, the project manager, who came out with Brent to review our situation. Lance was very professional and knowledgeable. Grunders' workers did a very good job. They were not able to work everyday due to the winter weather and co-ordination with the deck project. But they worked on the project as weather permitted and completed it in a reasonable time. Grunder's payment terms are 1/3 down 2/3 at project completion. We have been burned in the past when paying for a project before completion, so were a little concerned about the 1/3 down payment. But all the work has been completed per our agreement except for the seeding which will be done in the spring. Grunder subtracted the cost of the seeding from their project invoice, so we will pay for that portion when it is completed. Overall, we have been very satisfied with their work. We believe our water problems have been solved. We would use them again for landscaping or other related projects. Update - April 2011. Unfortunately, the drainage work done by Grunder has not prevented water from entering the basement during the heavy rains we have had this spring. We notified them and sent them pictures of the basement water. Brent did come back out and take some measurements of the slope of our patio. When Grunder came back to reseed they did slope the drain a bit more, but that has not solved the problem. We are now looking at several thousand dollars in additional cost to have our patio torn out, the ground under it regraded and replaced. We have covered our deck, patio, and bushes with plastic sheeting to prevent the rain from entering the basement until we determine what else to try to solve this problem.

Description of Work
Grunder installed underground drain tiles on existing downspouts and ran them down into the yard to take water away from the house.. They also installed a catch basin off the corner of our patio which empties into the drain tile. They regraded the ground behind our house installing an underground drain, 2 additional catch basins and a swale parallel to the back of the house. In the spring they are to come back and seed and fertilize these areas. Update - Grunder did come back and seed the bare areas of the lawn over the drainage installation.

Category lawn service,drain pipe

12/20/2010

LINDA W.

I moved into this house in May. I have been using this company for about ten years. They are absolutely, positively one of the best contractors I have ever used in my entire life. They are prompt. They do what they say they are going to do. They clean up after themselves. I can't say that they're the least expensive in time, but you get what you pay for. I have never had a problem in any of the ten years that I have used them. They are in my backyard right now, working. Their work has been consistently fabulous.

Description of Work
They have provided landscaping services for me for ten years.

12/06/2010

Ildiko M.

I chose not to go with them. The estimate was very detailed and he was willing to work with me to find a solution that was affordable. I was able to find a lower estimate.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate.

08/05/2010

Beverly S.

I have always chosen Grunder (for the past 14 years) because of their quality, longevity in business, skilled designers and craftsmen, and their overall professionalism. It is extremely important to me that they have the people and equipment resources to do projects of any size, a track record of doing things right, and the "insurance" that anything that may come up will be addressed. That is especially important to me when the projects are structural. Grunder's field supervisors and my account representative were at my home more frequently than I would have ever expected. That meant I had no concerns that the installation team understood the plan and the process. Any questions I had were easily addressed and I had the ability to make some modifications as the project unfolded.

Description of Work
I have recently done three major projects with Grunder Landscaping Co., beginning in Fall, 2009. The first was a paver driveway and front sidewalk, followed by a complete landscape update for the front of my home, and most recently, a water feature expansion. I put a "0" in the cost field as I consider that information to be personal.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

07/08/2009

Kim W.

We met with Kent Sholder from Grunder in the spring, and he listened to what we wanted and designed a plan for us. He spent a lot of time talking to us about what we liked, noticing what was already in our yard and discussing what we wanted to accent or hide about the house. The design he came up with was terrific and really matched our needs, and he even helped us to decide on a color for the path. We didn't go ahead with the installation until late spring, however, because of roof work that was being done, and they accommodated our schedule. Troy, who installed the concrete path, was another pro, and even managed to do a great job despite intermittent rainstorms (and even hail) during the week they were working. The landscape installers were also excellent, and very professional, and we loved the results. Throughout the experience, we always felt we could contact them with questions or concerns.

Description of Work
Grunder designed and installed landscaping on the east (front) side of our home and replaced an old front path with a new colored concrete path.

05/18/2007

CRAIG M.

This company was punctual, very responsive to our inquiries and the quality of the work they did was very nice. I really don t like to give out how much things cost so I decline setting down a price at this time. One thing I can say though that this company is very competitive in price and worth it.

Description of Work
They planted about 1000 plants throughout our 1 acre property, consisted mainly of bushes and flowers.

07/31/2006

THE PEOPLE WERE POLITE, PROMPT, AND VERY FABULOUS TO WORK WITH. THEY WERE ALWAYS ON TIME AND DID EXACTLY AS I WANTED, AND WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD DO. IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
THE REPLACED THE LANDSCAPING OUR FRONT YARD.

07/31/2006

PATRICIA S.

THEY DREW UP A PLAN, AND WE LIKED IT SO WE HIRED THEM. THEY DO AN EXCELLENT JOB. IT TOOK A COUPLE OF MONTHS FOR THEM TO BE ABLE TO GET TO US. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.

Description of Work
GRUNDER REPLACED SOME LARGER SHRUBS FROM AROUND OUR HOUSE.

Potter Fence Company

Please visit our website at www.937myfence.com to take advantage of our Virtual Estimator tool. Potter Fencing has over two decades of experience installing fences in the Dayton area. Our expert installers can design cedar (wood), chain link, vinyl, split rail and ornamental iron fences to meet your specifications and create a beautiful frame for your home or business. We have built beautiful custom decks with rails that look great. Ask us about installation today!

Lebanon Lawn & Landscape

Lebanon Lawn and Landscape is a Lebanon Ohio Full Service Lawn & Landscape Company. We are a locally owned company that serves every Client with great pride. All of our employees are also from the local area and take community pride in their work. Our business model is based on completely satisfying every customer, this we are dedicated to. We offer the same pride & quality in the smallest job as we do with the largest lawn makeover! We are only satisfied when you are!

Kyles Excavating

Mostly a single person operation, on the occasion I require help, I have 3 part-time gentlemen that work for me, as needed. Payment terms, 50% due upon signing and accepting estimate, balance due upon completion. For larger jobs, financing is available.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

LANDSCAPE DESIGN AND BUILD, LANDKEEPING™ SERVICES, HARDSCAPING, NIGHT LIGHTING, WATER FEATURES, OUTDOOR ROOMS, AND COMMERCIAL SERVICES.