TruGreen Lawn Care - 5745

With Angi since June 2010

3.4

7460 Clover Ave # 101

Mentor, OH 44060

TruGreen is the nation's largest provider of lawn and landscape services. We make it easy for you by delivering customized care solutions that are effective, innovative and responsible. TruGreen® provides a full suite of tailored lawn and landscape services. From fertilization and aeration to tree

11/28/2018

Bonnie M.

Overall, I found them to be very hard to reach in person, very unfriendly, rude, and not professional. The main issue began with their unscheduled arrival to aerate the lawn, resulting in destroying some of the irrigation system. After many hours of my time in resolving this, my checking the system and estimating damages, it was fixed by them. But, other small problems were not taken care of as promised and appointments made by them to do so were not kept, even after many phone calls and visits to their office. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizing, grub and weed control, aeration and overseeding

04/08/2018

JOHN K.

Did not go well. initially, I kept asking to talk to someone but instead, they ignored my calls and kept performing applications lime. grub, and fertilizing. They were more interested performing these applications and billing me than answering my questions. They did a lime application without a PH test. They don't care as long as they can say they did it and bill for it. I now have a significant amount of weeds growing in my lawn that weren't there when I hired them. Seems suspicious. I should have reported them to the better business bureau but didn't.

Description of Work
Maintain lawn fertilization

05/08/2017

Dwain V.

I have no clue about the price. You have to go shopping around to find out what other people charge. I have never done that. They come when you don’t want them or when you want them, it’s a rotating basis. They could be more careful when they spread their lawn seed, because it gets in the flower beds. I’ve got grass growing in the flower beds.

Description of Work
They came out and sprayed the yard. They did a lawn treatment.

02/24/2017

Carl E.

They were horrendous. I had to cancel after the second lawn treatment. They were terrible. I won't even talk to those people. I had to get rid of them. I went back to doing it myself and it's in much better shape now. I would not recommend them to anybody. They sent me all kinds of information. I even had one guy stop and talk to me for a few minutes and I told him I'm never doing business with your company again. They're terrible. They came to my house and didn't do an effective job at all. They just wasted my time. I don't even want them on my property, they were that bad. I can't stand those people; no professionalism at all. As far as I'm concerned, they are a bad, bad company. I'll never call those people again.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization.

01/23/2017

MELVYN L.

Last year was a bad year for the grass, it was so hot. I will find out this year what keeps me going back to them.

Description of Work
They did an aeration.

07/21/2016

Marc D.

paid over $400 for lawn maintenance - promises made - claims laid out by service reps - poor results - |bad habit of calling or showing up at house on Friday evening trying to up-sell.

09/15/2015

NANCY K.

We have them come out four times a year. The normal service is $108 per visit. The price seems fair. We got a voice message on Wednesday that said, "The technician will be out tomorrow," and they didn't come for another week.

Description of Work
We've had TruGreen for lawn care. They also came out and did an analysis of some trouble spots that I have.

07/29/2015

David H.

sprayed the solution on the lawn then soon after the grass started to die. Now the ron and back yard is dead. They admitted to mistake and want to reseed the lawn which requires constant maintenance of water and we have a well and my mother who lives their is 82 and cannot be in heat. I have talked to Rob a couple times about this and told him watering is a problem and they have yet to come up with a solution and the lawn is getting worse everyday. I had to call corporate today to try and get the general manager to call me as he keeps having this Rob call me back.

Description of Work
sprayed a solution on lawn for weeds

07/15/2014

Hugh M.

The lawn looks good and the bushes look healthy.

Description of Work
Recently fertilizer the lawn and sprayed the bushes.

06/16/2014

Helen R.

It went well. Came early but had to come back later. Just a little communication issue. Good service overall.

Description of Work
Grub service, fertilizing, weed preventive

04/23/2014

Linda S.

We've been in our home 42 years during which time we've had Chemlawn, which a few short years ago, became, TrueGreen. We have also prepaid in order to get the 10% discount. This year we have been called three times for scheduled service and three times there has been a no show. Calls to local offices get us excuse after excuse with promised future dates and still no one has been here. I am so sorry that I did not read Consumer Affairs for this company as there were 859 reviews and 411 ratings...ALL POOR. As a member of Angies List I was disappointed to see only one review and it was an "F". As a retiree, we cannot afford to pay for a lot of excuses, no shows, and very poor customer relations and we will do what all our neighbors have already done, switch companies. Each year has gotten progressively worse. The only thing thriving now, especially in what was once a gorgeous backyard are weeds. I guess they really skimp on weed control in back because they feel noone can see. My neighbors' yards are beautiful. Ours is now filled with big brown and bare spots. TrueGreen executives....you should be ashamed of yourselves. The only ones pushing for this company are the people selling the contracts. The techs don't know their a** from a grub, nor do they care. I guess greed is preferred to pride where this company is concerned. iMy husband just told me that when Trugree first took over Chemlawn they used their own trained techs. In the past two years they stopped using their own tech and hired independant contractors or landscapers to apply their chemicals. The people they have hired could care less about this company or its customers and it shows. We could have contractor A doing our lawn and three houses down the street, contractor B, doing theirs. The only consistency with this company has been its rapidly declining reputation. Yes, they are making money, but at their customers expense. I want my money back. From what I have read, they are merely putting a sign on the lawn and an invoice in the mailbox and driving off. That is, if they even bother to show up at all.

Description of Work
We prepaid in December of 2013 for this season and so far they have been a no show three weeks in a row.

03/22/2014

Shawna R.

In spring of 2013, a sales rep visited my house uninvited and left a quote for the entire yard. The quote seemed very low so I called and spoke with the sales rep to confirm that this was for the entire yard. He reassured me that it was, so I paid for the year. I had to call several times because the weeds were not dying, after they resprayed a couple of times they sent a supervisor out. By this time it was late July. The supervisor informed me that they had had issues with sales people quoting prices for partial yards but telling the customer that it was for the entire yard. I called the 800 number Trugreen provides where all of the notes were kept, they assured me that a supervisor would be in contact within a week, I had been told this several times, the call never happened. I called the beginning of march 2014 to get a quote since I received my renewal notice, I again expressed my concerns to see if they would make it right. I couldn't get them to do a google earth estimate, they insisted on coming to my house and said they would be out the next week. I told them I was going to get a few other estimates and that they needed to make this right or I would not be their customer in the future. I then called Grassmaster and Scotts, within 2 days I had estimates from both companies. I called Trugreen on Friday, 3/21/14 14 days after they said they would be out to measure, to confirm that my service was cancelled, I was on auto renewal. At that time they had the local office call me. I explained to them what happened they told me that they were a "different" local office. I spoke with the manager, Brian, and explained to him how awful the service had been and how I felt like I was duped by the sales guy. Brian said that the price and service was my fault because I took the quote over the phone, even though the sales guy was at my house! He then quoted me a price that was 70% higher than the competitor, over the phone, without measuring my yard! I let him know that the price was way to high and he said I would get what I paid for. Pretty funny since I had begged them to come out and measure so that I could give them more money, but they never responded. I gave them a B for quality only for the chemical they sprayed, they do work, however as a service they are awful.

Description of Work
Provided fertilizer and weed control service.

01/11/2014

MICHAEL & JANE W.

We had much of our lawn ruined by a successful effort to channel water away from the basement in 2010. The lawn never recovered with our efforts so we contracted with Trugreen for services in 2011, 2012, 2013. We were dissatisfied with services in 2011 and 2012 but continued services because we called the office and there were promises to do better. The work was not done and the lawn is still in poor condition. This year we received notices that lawn treatments would be done on certain days so we did the preparatory lawn watering and then found the applications were not done when expected, but at a later date. This year we agreed to pay extra for aerating the soil and overseeding. There seemed to be a disconnect between the office and the applicator, because calls to the office about scheduling the work in a timely fashion -- at the right time of year for seeding. Only after we called and canceled the service did we get a call from the applicator / aerator guy advising us of a visit. He didn't seem to know we had canceled service with his company. The lawn chemicals were usually applied apparently when it was convenient for the company.

03/11/2013

Simon T.

I hired Trugreen in 2011 and 2012. My yard was in pretty bad shape to start with and they did a decent job the first year to get it looking better than before. In the second year I was disappointed in the results. By the end of summer, I had a huge dead spot in my front yard. I ended up spending an entire weekend fixing it myself. I had to dig out the dead grass/weeds and reseed that portion of my yard. I also developed a mole problem over the winter and have a huge mess now. My yard needs lime regularly and I always have to apply that myself. Why is that? I hire Trugreen or any company for that matter to handle the fertilization/care of my lawn. Why should I have to pay and do that work myself? I expect them to know what needs to be done, then do it. So I ended up paying $500 last year, had to repair dead spots in my yard, spread lime, remove moles and my yard doesn't look any better and is actually in worse shape than my next door neighbor who doesn't hire anyone to treat his lawn. Epic fail. Never again. Shop around, ask questions, ensure you are getting the service, results you are paying for.

Description of Work
I hired Trugreen for lawn fertilization, weed control and core aeration.

08/21/2012

Randi P.

Problem has not been resolved. NO one has contacted me from TruGreen despite my multiple calls.

Description of Work
TruGreen has been maintaining our lawn for years only because I have been too lazy to call someone else. Though we spend a lot of dollars to maintain the lawn it is always the worse looking on the street. I recently had them come out and examine the lawn to which their tech left a note "'I'm sorry for the condition of the lawn...." We we're sorry we paid you to maintain it. Several calls to the local manager have gone unanswered. I have however received multiple calls trying to sell me additional services not to mention the constant colledtion calls we receive if the bill goes over 30 days! My recomendation to anyone looking for lawn care...contact someone else!

04/30/2012

Joan P.

The poor guy continued to work even in the rain. They were supposed to call before they came. Neither time did they do that. It was disappointing. They told me they would give me 3 days notice and they didn't. They just showed up at the door. They even did their treatment once when I wasn't home. All the weeds are gone though.

Description of Work
They were here this morning to do the fertilizing of the shrubs and do some insect control.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

02/20/2012

Dave A.

After filling out an inquiry on Sunday night, a sales representative called me first thing on Monday morning. Initially I was appreciative for the follow-up. After the sales rep began going over what services were available he wanted me to commit on the spot. The number I gave was my cell phone so I had to take the call in my office at work. I asked if he would email the information so I could review the services and cost. He said he couldn't email me anything. He couldn't send me anything via regular mail either. The sales rep kept pushing me to commit over the phone. His tactics were high pressure sales tactics that I do not appreciate nor will I purchase services from anyone who employs such tactics. I kept telling the sales rep that I was at work and wanted to review pricing and services in writing. He kept insisting that I sign up while we were on the phone. When you are talking $600 + for anything I do not believe in making decisions without thinking things through. I will look for another company that will want to do more than just close a sale.

Description of Work
I saw TruGreen had a good rating so I went to their website and filled out an inquiry to get an estimate.

08/15/2011

FRANK S.

I use them on a periodically on a schedule basis. I use them about 4 or 5 times a year for fertilization, grub control I use them once a year and for shrubbery and pest control 3 or 4 times a year. I pay on a contract basis. I have had them for probably 15 or 20 years and I am satisfied with their services. They are very responsive and the prices are fair for the services I get. They are also quick to take care of a problem if I have one.

Description of Work
I use TruGreen for fertilization; weed kill and pest control of my shrubbery.

Category pest control, lawn treatment, tree service

05/10/2011

Barbara M.

They are always willing to come back when we are not happy with what they have done. They never have a problem redoing things if we are not satisfied. They do a good job. The thing I like the most is they tell when they are coming.

Description of Work
I used the services of TruGreen for pest control and lawn fertilization. I last used them yesterday.

Category pest control, lawn treatment

03/30/2011

Barbara M.

I like them very much. They are friendly. I always have them ring the bell when they arrive. They are also very patient. They get to all my hard to reach places my house has to offer, going under the deck and around the house.

Description of Work
Fertilize grass and put bug killer down twice a year

Category pest control, lawn service, lawn treatment

03/28/2011

Gilbert M.

I call, they come. Spider mites were killing one of my prized evergreens, and they saved it. Simple as that!

Description of Work
Tru-Green has been doing my tree fertilzation and tree insect control for two summers now. They have saved a couple of my trees from insect damage, and the trees are growing very well from their efforts to fertilze them

Category lawn treatment, tree service

07/14/2010

DAVID H.

Their professionalism and quality of work are fine. They misunderstood my property line and did my neighbor?s back yard free of charge. As long as mine gets done I don?t care, but I corrected the situation. They are a little pricey. On one application they were supposed to weed and feed. Either they didn?t do enough or didn?t do any because the weeds came back full force. They said they were going to come out within the next 24 to 48 hours but it was about ten days. They did take care of it but it took a week and a half. I?ve got a contract through the fall so it is too soon to say if I would use them again. As of now, I probably would not.

Description of Work
I hired Trugreen Chemlawn to fertilize the lawn on a monthly basis.

11/16/2009

EZELL M.

They were good. I think their prices are comparable to others.

Description of Work
I used Trugreen to put down chemicals to kill the weeds in the winter, summer and fall.

10/07/2009

CHARLES G.

I like that they are very responsive, very prompt and professional. They do a good job and I get a lot of compliments for my lawn.

Description of Work
I use them for lawn treatment.

03/19/2009

JOAN L.

I think all lawn companies are nuisances. The lawn looked ok. They are always trying to get me to do extra things that I don't need. I think everything is about average.

Description of Work
Scott's Lawn Care takes care of my font and side yard.

Lawn Doctor

Give yourself the lawn of your dreams with a hand from your local lawn service experts. For nearly 50 years, Lawn Doctor's experts have been helping homeowners achieve greener, healthier grass. By using superior materials, relying on exclusive equipment, and customizing one-of-a-kind lawn service plans for every client, we give your grass exactly what it needs to thrive. The result? A lush, thick lawn that you and your family will fall in love with. If you're not 100% satisfied, we'll make it right. It's that simple.

Szell Lawnsprinkler, Inc.

Serving primarily the Cleveland eastern suburbs for almost 50 years, Szell lawnsprinkler is a second generation family owned and operated company. We install new systems and service existing systems utilizing time proven techniques and workmanship coupled with quality materials. We have expertise in servicing, maintaining and rehabilitating copper hydraulic and electric systems as well as all brands of PVC (plastic) irrigation systems. We are state of Ohio and City of Cleveland licensed and certified plumbing contractors and backflow installers and testers.

Baffa Landscape Design, LLC

Our slogan is "Love Your Yard". Therefore, we want our clients to feel good about their yard as well as their relationship with our company. We have been in business for eight years now and our goal has always been to find and maintain great relationships. We enjoy taking a property under our umbrella and then tailoring it to our clients wants and needs.

Residential & commercial lawn, fertilization, broad leaf weed control, crabgrass & annual weed prevention, insect, grub control, tree, shrub care & pest control.

NO MOWING