MR. DOOR & COMPANY

Founded 1988 • With Angi since November 2008

8760 Tyler Blvd.

Mentor, OH 44060

Mr. Door & Co. is a family owned company. All work is done by Mr. Door employees, no subcontractors. Estimates for new garage doors are free.

12/12/2020

James H.

Not well at all. Sorry I selected them. No openers in stock. Waited two weeks and no call!!! Worst service ever.

Description of Work
Garage door opener

Category garage doors

We are very surprised and disappointed to see this review. You are a repeat client. We have been to your home twice in the past. Once to install an opener and another time to replaced torsion springs for you. Garage Door Openers were on back order and that was explained to you on the phone. You were also told that you would be contacted when the openers came in and it was your decision to wait. You are scheduled to have your opener installed on Monday, December 14th, 2020. Unfortunately, everything these days have been delayed and we are working hard to obtain stock and keep our clients happy. Some things are just out of our control . We are all doing our best in these Covid-19 times.

01/07/2017

Charles C.

Very well.

Description of Work
Broken Spring

12/14/2015

Elizabeth C.

Dan showed up on time, did a professional job and went out of is way to check door over completely. He checked door balance, lubed rollers and hinges and even went over my third car garage door. The job was completed in the amount of time he said it would take and was exact price he quoted me. Would definitely use again and recommend.

Description of Work
Install new garage door opener

01/31/2015

James S.

One of my garage doors was pretty noisy going up, so I assumed new nylon rollers would do the trick. The doors are about 14 years old. I called Mr Door & Company and asked what they would charge to replace the rollers. The person I spoke to on the phone checked and said rollers would be $60 (ten times $6 each) and the labor (which included servicing and lubricating the door) would be $104. I said I had two 8' doors. She checked and said they would do both for a total on $230. We scheduled the work for the following afternoon and that the technician would arrive between 2 PM and 4PM. At about 3:45 PM I got a call from Janie saying the technicians were about 15 - 20 minutes away and asked that I move cars out of the garage. At about 4:00 PM, the technicians (Dan and Mike) arrived. After introducing himself, Dan wanted to know why I wanted the rollers replaced. He said although the door would roll a little easier with new rollers, that was not the solution to the noise. He said what they would be doing would take care of most of that and recommended changing only four rollers (at five dollars apiece) on each door, not all ten rollers. They changed the four rollers, lubricated springs, cables, hinges; adjusted the springs and safety reverse; made sure everything was working properly and charged a total of $170! This is the kind of company you wanted to business with! If I ever need anything associated with garage doors, Mr Door & Company will be my choice.

Description of Work
Serviced two garage doors.

10/14/2014

Karen P.

We were replacing vinyl siding on our home and contacted Mr. Door to quote a new garage door - owner responded the same day to give quote, ordered the door and then waited for the siding job to be completed to install door. He was was very helpful in helping us choose the right door and did not try to sell us a new opener but advised to repair existing one. After installation the garage was cleaner than before they came. Very nice work - quality products and we liked that they are family owned and in our city

Description of Work
Installed new garage door - replaced battery back up on opener we had purchased fro them years ago

07/18/2014

Patricia F.

Needless to say, I am very impressed with Janie's expertise and customer service work ethic. When I am in the market for replacement parts or service for my garage doors, Mr. Door will be my preferred source. I like their family-business friendliness, their know-how, and their integrity. Thanks to Janie, I was able to inform my wife that the problem was fixed while incurring no out-of-pocket cost, which pleased her immensely. Moreover, I have discovered an outstanding vendor for any garage door problem that I have in the future.

Description of Work
The wall console light switch of my 1980's vintage Genie SD9500 would not turn the opener light off when moved to the "Off" position. I called Genie Customer Service and they informed me that they no longer manufactured that switch, since it predated the 1993 safety legislation. Genie recommended Mr. Door as a possible source for the obsolete switch. On 7/17/2014, I called Mr. Door and Janie found my replacement switch in her inventory by matching the number of wires and confirming with me the layout of the various components of the wall console. I purchased the replacement part for $32.10 and in the course of our transaction, Janie mentioned that compact fluorescent bulbs in some older openers have been known to interfere with their operation. I mentioned to her that my opener had two CF bulbs installed. She offered to refund my purchase if replacing the CFs with incandescents solved my problem. Replacing the bulbs solved my problem !

01/16/2014

Paul S.

The installer removed the old garage door opener and installed the new unit quickly and efficiently. He patched holes in the ceiling from the old unit, checked the door and lubricated the hinges and rollers and cleaned up the work area. Before leaving he made sure I understood the various menu settings and functions of the opener. I am very pleased with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Mr. Door removed a non-working garage door opener and installed a new LiftMaster garage door opener.

11/11/2013

Gary C.

They had to re frame for mounting the door and spent a lot of time with the installation being sure everything was correct. All went well and the door and opener is great. They listened to any questions I may have had and were very thourough with everything they did. Even had a bad door panel come in but reordered a new one to make sure there were no blemishes. It took me awhile to figure out exactly what I wanted but they worked with me and applied a promotional discount for the door I chose.

Description of Work
Removed my old door and opener and Installed a new garage door with a new opener.

06/24/2013

Robert F.

Item was in stock. No problems.

Description of Work
I purchased weather stripping for the bottom of my garage door.

03/07/2013

NANCY Z.

Mr. Door came out. Very professional. Told me the spring and opener were worn out from age (probably at least 25 years old). It wasn't possible to get replacement parts on a unit that old. I wasn't in a position to spend the money on a replacement, so he adjusted the spring. He didn't charge me because he felt the repair was temporary and wouldn't last. He didn't want to be in a position to warrant the repair. I was shocked and grateful. He didn't even want money for a service call. When I am ready to replace the door and opener, I will definitely give him my business! You just don't find servicemen like this anymore. A true gem!

Description of Work
My older garage door started sagging. It was hitting the roof rack on the top of my truck. Adjusted the spring to hold the door open. Mr. Door came out. Very professional. Told me the hinge & opener were worn out and it would be best to replace. I wasn't in a position to spend that much money, so he made an adjustment to the spring. He didn't charge me because he didn't feel the repair would last long and he wouldn't warrant it.

08/17/2012

Wendell R.

Their team of two arrived on time, reviewed the problem and provided a detailed explanation of the problem and an estimate of the cost and time to repair. Within an hour all was done.I would highly recommend Mr. Door.

Description of Work
Re-calibrated my spring and re-aligned door. Replaced one pulley.

07/26/2012

Terry R.

He was very nice and finished the jobs quickly. He was reasonably priced.

Description of Work
He came out a couple times to fix my garage door.

04/16/2012

Camille S.

I called Mr. Door on Thurs. 3/29/12. Dan came and gave an estimate on 3/30/12. The door was installed the following Wednesday, 4/4/12. The person who answered the phone was very nice and helpful. Dan, who gave the estimate, explained the construction and maintenance of the new door and answered all of my questions very well. The installer came on time and called before he arrived. Everything was cleaned up and he also added some information about the door.

Description of Work
They effieciently removed an old garage door and installed a new one with all new parts except for the bracket that was attached to the ceiling of the garage. They disposed of the old garage door and its parts.

03/06/2012

Jessie A.

I received a call shortly afterwards that the new door was in and had the installation scheduled for March 5, 2012. The old door was removed and the new garage door was installed that morning. My garage door opener was serviced as well and everything was cleaned up afterwards. I am very satisfied with their work and professionalism. Should I ever need another new garage door I would have them do the work and would recommend them to anyone else I know needing a garage door,

Description of Work
I needed a new single car garage door. I contacted Mr. Door and they had a service representative who came and gave me an estimate the next day.

01/31/2012

GENE & MONA S.

They were very nice, professional, on time, and friendly. The price was good, and we were very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
They installed a lift master door opener.

01/16/2012

Robert H.

I don't wish to go into any more detail than I did above

Description of Work
Mr. Door provide great value on the installation of a new liftmaster garage door with battery backup. However I have had problems with the infrared eyes since installation and they have not been very responsive in resolving. I call, they call me back and promise to get back to me, then I don't hear back from them until the next time I have the problem.

09/11/2011

DONNA M.

It is obvious they are experts with garage doors. They provided an estimate and arrived as promised. They worked fast and efficiently. The final cost was exactly as estimated. The door is working perfectly! It is a pleasure to do business with Mr. Door.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring on garage door. Also replaced second spring since it was the same age and wear of broken spring. Completed other associated work (side tracks, lube and safety check).

06/01/2011

Sherry S.

Very positive experience overall. They were prompt, efficient, and cleaned up following.

Description of Work
Very professional services. Friendly service people. Accommodating on scheduling date and price. We are very pleased and definitely recommend the business.

05/03/2011

Jim & Linda H.

We contacted them on Friday and set up an appointment for Monday, May 2nd. We said that we would be home and available after 2 pm. The receptionist said that the salesman may not be there at 2:00 but would be there shortly after 2:00 or early evening. The salesman never showed up for the appointment and he never called to apologize or to re-schedule. Since we had made several telephone calls to other garage door companies and checked their references, we were pepared to hire Mr. Door. Needless to say, we have to decided to hire somebody else.

Description of Work
We contacted Mr. Door and asked them to come to our home to survey the garage door, show us color samples and write up a contract.

04/09/2011

Darlene M.

They are great. Fixed an issue with our garage door. I am happy I used this company and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They fixed our garage doors.

11/15/2010

JOHN L.

We have used them before to fix the automatic door opener. We've used him several times. There was something that he had to fix the very last day and he never did come back. I'm sure he will come and fix it. He was good.

Description of Work
We used Mr Door & Company to install a new two car garage door.

01/28/2010

JIM AND JUDY L.

Chris was very professional and courteous. He gave a complete explanation covering everything that he was going to do. After the installation was complete he thoroughly explained the operation of all components of the door opener. He took all the old door opener parts with him and left the area clean. I will definitely call Mister Door for any future garage door service. The person that took my call was very courteous and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener and lubricated doors.

12/20/2009

Michael M.

Our door opener began failing to open completely not long after moving in. When Chris of Mr. Door came out, he covered all possible adjustments in a rational sequence in order to make his diagnosis and the appropriate repair. All the while, he explained what he was doing and why, along with common problems. Of course, he returned the opener function to normal and assured without question that it would operate safely. He went on to do a comprehensive preventive lubrication and maintenance of the door mechanics and careful tensioning of the main door spring. GREAT TECHNICIAN AND SERVICE!

Description of Work
Automatic door opener repair, adjustment, and door assembly tune up.

07/12/2009

DONNA M.

My garage door was opening and closing extremely slow. I had contacted Genie several times to assist me in trying to fix the problem myself. It appears I may have made the problem worse and created new problems. Genie recommended Mister Door. Mister Door retrieved my phone service calls from Genie and was well prepared to work on my door. I was amazed at how knowledgable and fast the guys from Mister Door worked. Thank you Mister Door!

Description of Work
They reset the photo cells and replaced the circuitry board for my Genie garage door opener. They also set the force on the up and down; tightened the hinge bolts; lubed the door; re-programmed all the openers and tested the door for safety.

11/25/2008

DARLENE N.

When it comes to getting a new door or just having someone do repair work, I wouldn't even think about calling another fellow. I am very picky about what someone does for me and when I find someone I like, I keep using them. ($400.00)

Description of Work
He is going to replace the garage door opener. We will have 3 controls. He is going to repair/replace the frame of the garage door on both sides and put new weather strip on the bottom of the door. Prior to this he put in a new garage door and opener and also repaired a garage door for my son.

Mike's Home Improvement

MIKE’S HOME IMPROVEMENT has been providing exterior home improvement to customers for over 30 years now. Some of our services include roofing, siding, windows and insulation. We have an expert team of workers, each one unique to their individual skill, that strive for our #1 goal: CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. Contact us; we will be happy to come out and give you an HONEST quote. WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!

Window Nation Inc

Window Nation is one of America's leading window replacement companies. Founded in 2006 by brothers, Harley and Aaron Magden, Window Nation has installed over 1 million windows in more than 125,000 homes across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Ohio, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Washington D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia. Over the past decade, Window Nation has grown to become the 5th largest home remodeling company in the country, according to Remodeling Magazine. At Window Nation our mission is simple. We solve problems by installing solutions. We do this by offering customized products installed by highly skilled professionals at an unsurpassed value.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    Ask for details.

Sales, service and installation of garage doors and electric door openers. Repairs: torsion and extension springs, cables, rollers, hinges, bottom seal and perimeter weather seal. Clopay, Genie and LiftMaster parts.

We do not do electrical work or major renovations of garages.