Duncan Plumbing LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2013

PO Box 1396

Mentor, OH 44061

We specialize in plumbing excellence by providing world class customer service, trusted brands and innovative trends and technologies all at a reasonable cost. We are a full service plumbing company with 24/7 emergency service. Customer Today....Customer for Life

08/26/2022

Dave S.

Duncan called me back on the same day and with a few photos they solved my problems. I highly recommend their services

Description of Work
Toilets were running in both bathrooms.

08/16/2022

Amy J.

Duncan came out as scheduled and all seemed to go well. When they said it was done, they had us run around and flush toilets and run faucets upstairs to show that the line was clear. We now have the same issue with the basement toilet backing up - we have been active in our house less than 15 hours since they left and now they want ANOTHER $700 to come out and blow the lines out and put a camera in. We are located quite a distance from the street so I wonder if the clog was even pushed that far - they also now tell us that we *might* have 2 lines out of our house for the upper floors, so what did flushing all of those toilets prove. Refuse to acknowledge that they may not have done all that was needed on the first trip - just looking to get double $ for a job they didn't do correctly.

Description of Work
Basement toilet was clogged, coming up through the shower

10/11/2018

VANESSA P.

Josh had an easy fix to our leaky toilet. While we expected some major re-plumbing, Josh was able to make a clever repair that saved us a lot of money.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking toilet

07/08/2017

Deborah V.

05/20/2017

Jennifer H.

Josh from Duncan Plumbing was professional and courteous. He did a great job completing this job. We are very happy with work and clean-up. Would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Replace sump pump and install battery back up.

05/14/2017

Stefan M.

I had originally called My Plumber, but they were not able to come out immediately. Therefore, I called Duncan Plumbing who is also recommended on Angie's List and they came out the next day. Although rated highly, based on my experience with Duncan, I would NEVER recommend using them again. In short, Duncan quoted me a repair for $1100 and charged me a $150 service call for basically standing there holding a flashlight while "I" ran around and made suggestions. Instead of him explaining to ME the problem, I had suggested that we try and recreate the situation. I suggested we run the shower, fill the tub, flush the toilet and run the washer all at the same time and see if it anything would leak. He just looked at me and said, "sure that makes sense". It was as though he had no interest in being there and really wasn't trying to explain or trouble shoot anything, plus I had to ask him to take off or put covers on his dirty shoes. My tenant and neighbor were also surprised at his lack of interest, focus and high price estimate. Duncan recommended replacing the toilet flange, wax seal, a 90degree elbow piping and recommended a new toilet, which he did not mentioned at first but included it in his price. Politely, I asked why this was so expensive and what I was paying for since this was estimated at 1- 2hr job. He told me I needed a new toilet and that was $400+ and then also said that I was "paying for his knowledge and expertise"; which I found to be a very arrogant comment. Since there appeared to be no immediate emergency (no water leaking), I wanted a second opinion and called My Plumber (refer to my separate review on My Plumber-highly recommended). Based on my experience, I would not recommend Duncan Plumbing LLC. I did not feel he was being informative or frankly honest in what he was trying to sell me. He seemed he could have cared less and was more interested in collecting his $150.

Description of Work
In our condo building, our downstairs neighbor reported one night that substantial water was flowing from the ceiling into their bathroom. The neighbor's bathroom is directly below our bathroom. Our unit had been empty for 18 months and a new tenant had just moved in. We needed to determine the source of the water leak and assess if there was an urgent issue. The water leak only happened once and had never happened when we had lived in the unit previously.

03/02/2017

Cathy E.

I would absolutely use them again. 1 person came out to complete the job. They did well on everything you grade on. He was professional He was pleasant. He was efficient & he explained what the problem was and how he was going to fix it.

Description of Work
They fixed the kitchen drain that was leaking and unclogged a bathroom sink.

02/21/2017

Barbara R.

They were responsive, prompt, professional, and conscientious.

Description of Work
Had to replace 3 shutoff valves under the sink and repair leaky kitchen faucet. Also provided advise on other plumbing needs and investigated what would be involved with a laundry room relocation.

11/15/2016

Mike L.

He called when he was coming. Very professional and explained every thing that needed to be done so my wife felt comfortable

Description of Work
Had a backed up drain in the downstairs bathroom. Called and he was out the next morning, snaked out the line and free flowing again. Quick and resonable price

10/17/2016

Karen C.

He came in did the repair showed me the repair AND OFFERED anything else he could look at. So he replace on part inside my tank

Description of Work
There was a leak in a water pipe in my basement

09/14/2016

Karen C.

Look no further THIS GUY is the real deal. Return my call right away, set up an appointment on my schedule. Honestly, told me it was a quick and small job, fixed and showed me the fix. NICE GUY

Description of Work
A water leak in my basement and adjust water flow in Toliets

08/24/2016

Patricia J.

Called and told them about a leaking toilet with flooding into the basement. We had never used Duncan plumbing before, we were not repeat customers but even still, I felt as though Mr. Duncan dropped everything in his day to come and accommodate me! He came out that day, figured out the problem, told us our options and relate the toilet that afternoon. Not only is he professional but an all around kind man! We will definitely use Duncan plumbing again and recommend them to our friends!

Description of Work
Replaced leaking toilet

08/21/2016

william P.

Josh arrived on time and took care of the problem in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Replace Spray Hose and Nozzle on Kitchen Faucet

08/16/2016

Heather R.

I have used Duncan plumbing before when they put in my water heater a few years ago and I haven't had a problem with it since. He's very gracious and works quickly and everything is done quite professionally and the cost is not going to empty your banking account either. I would go back to Duncan plumbing again and again!

Description of Work
Fixed plumbing under kitchen sink, replaced sprayer on kitchen sink, fixed water line to refrigerator and put in all new plumbing lines and drainage lines for a new dishwasher.

02/25/2016

Dallas R.

This is a small, local plumbing business that we became aware of by virtue of their doing plumbing work at our church and for other friends of ours, all of whom were pleased with his work. Both Mr. and Mrs. Duncan were friendly and professional, with regular updates as to when he would arrive to work on our problem. He arrived on-time, quickly determined the nature and location of our clogged drain line, fixed the problem, and cleaned up after himself. I would definitely recommend Duncan Plumbing to anyone in need of plumbing work in our area.

Description of Work
We called Duncan Plumbing to clear a clogged kitchen sink drain that I was unable to clear myself. We called late in the afternoon, explained the problem to his office manager, who is his wife, and he was able to come over the next day to identify where the drain was clogged (which was a fair distance down the line, located in our basement), cut into the drain line to access the area that was plugged, clear the line, and reassemble the drain line with a rubber coupling.

Category plumbing, home remodeling, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

11/30/2015

Beth V.

How a leak at 5 in the morning called Duncan and spoke with his wife very nice lady. I was in such a panic because this was the day the new owners were to do their final walk thru. His wife said she would return my call and she told me he could be there by 8am. He repaired it but, I now had to do repairs on the drywall. Josh went out of his way and got a hold of a friend that does drywall. So I got the drywall do also. So glad I called Josh. I think the price was fair for an emergency call. Its so nice to find nice people to work with. I

Description of Work
replaced the drain in shower.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

11/20/2015

Heidi M.

Outstanding! Painless plumbing experience. I was able to schedule the appointment in a reasonable time, he called when he was on his way (which was a bit earlier than even expected), provided repair options, and fixed the problem. What a relief. I did not feel pressured for extra services or products, I was comfortable having him in my home, and he was very professional and prompt. So far, this has been resolved when 3 other plumbers could not. I may end up needing a new toilet, but time will tell if this less-expensive solution will work.

Description of Work
Fixed a constantly running, problem-flushing toilet.

12/19/2014

Deborah E.

Description of Work
We used Duncan for our hot water heater replacement and for installing a new faucet and shower head and fixing a leak in our main bath. Very nice gentleman. Didn't come to pick up his payment for the faucet installation for several days if not weeks. That was stressful to me because I had several contractors working in my home and I like to pay when work is finished. He is located only 5 minutes away. But his work was good and he is a very pleasant person to do business with.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

09/03/2013

Elisabet H.

Excellent work, professional, even does the nasty work nobody wants like sewer grinder pumps. We have had him for 5 years doing lots of the above work. Can't live without him and feel he is part of our family.

Description of Work
Replace faucets in baths/kitchen/install sink/faucet in garage, replace Gas hot water tank, replace grinder pump for sewage in basement, replace master water switch for house, replace exterior water pump for well and unclog kitchen sink. Josh has just about done it all for me. We have had him for our plumber for the last 5 years. He has had some difficult situation and has ALWAYS solved the problem himself. He sticks with it till it is done. I do not have to be w/o water long. He has helped me update the house on all my plumbing fixtures and works within my budget. I can compare plumbing fixtures with him and he helps me choose the better quality ones that last. He has taken care of all the plumbing in this house for the last 5 years. I recommend him highly. Love his effort and prices. He is worth the call for an estimate. We will have him again and again. Very pleased with him.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, wells, drain cleaning

08/02/2013

LeRoy B.

The service was great. I got about 3 estimates and their price was the lowest. They worked very quickly, and they got the job done within 1 day. I have no complaints.

Description of Work
I hired them to do some plumbing for me.