AMERICAN BUILDING INSPECTIONS INC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2002

GENERAL HOME INSPECTIONS, RADON TESTING AND WOOD DESTROYING PEST INSPECTIONS....

The Home Detective

Offering fast, friendly, knowledgeable home inspections in Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Medina, Portage, Geauga and Lake counties! Evening and weekend hours available.

Pinnacle Home Inspection Services

Get more than just a licensed certified home inspection! Contact us by phone or text and we will instantly give you a $25 discount when you tell us you are calling from Angi. Our home inspectors maintain an active home inspection license, active certifications from national home inspector certifying bodies, maintain active insurance, and carry degrees in S.T.E.M fields. If you can find someone else that is as educated, credentialed, and experienced, let us know. We'll hire them! But in the meantime, we look forward to helping you. Home buyers get $100 in handyman service vouchers and a home buyback guarantee. All inspections are provided by a certified home inspector with a degree in a STEM Field. For your convenience, reports are delivered same day with plenty of descriptive photos. Radon testing, wood destroying insect inspections, well testing, septic inspections, and water quality services are also available. Contact us to see why we are the area's preferred certified inspection company.

Four Square Home Inspections

Nationally certified by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) and InterNACHI, and internationally certified as a level III thermographer (FLIR ITC and Infraspection Institute), Fred Freer is your State of Ohio licensed property inspector for the greater Cleveland and Northeastern Ohio area (serving Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage and Summit counties) providing detailed evaluations of residential commercial and institutional properties including components, systems, appliances and structure from the foundation to the chimney top. Freer is licensed by the State of Ohio, is an ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) certified inspector (ACI), a Certified Real Estate Inspector (CRI) through the National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI) and a Certified Master Inspector through the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI). Freer is also a nationally certified Level III infrared thermographer. We offer a free 90 day limited structural and mechanical warranty, a free appliance recall check, Free Mold Warranty and free Underground Sewer and Water Line Warranty (SEWERGARD) with every home inspection. We are certified to provide mold testing and licensed by the State of Ohio to perform Asbestos, Water, Radon and Pest (Wood Destroying Insect or WDI) inspections. We do not provide Radon Mitigation or Mold Remediation services. We maintain professional national and local memberships in ASHI, AARST, InterNACHI, NRPP, NEHA, CABOR, IIAQC, NAMP, ASTM, ESA, ICC, ASNT, ASTM, IACT, IAEI and others.

07/03/2017

They were very professional and detail oriented. Found a number of problems and alerted us to items that we need to watch so that they do not become issues. They even found an major problem that was missed on a previous inspection.

Description of Work
Home inspection on purchase.

05/24/2016

The first time we hired AMERICAN BUILDING INSPECTIONS INC was for a home we were considering buying and didn't because of their findings. This time we are moving ahead with, also because of their assistance . They are thorough, kind and friendly. I highly recommend AMERICAN BUILDING INSPECTIONS INC.

Description of Work
We have hired Jay and Pete twice to perform a home inspection. I wouldn't use anyone else.

01/28/2015

09/04/2012

See comments in work description

Description of Work
Jay and Pete spent over 5 hours doing the inspection, which include pest, home and radon. They arrived on time and were very thorough on each categories of inspection. And they took time to explain to me their findings, ways to correct, monitor and maintain. It was very educational for me. After they left, as I read the pages of report, I called Jay for clarification of a few questions, and he was very patient to explain. He met with me again in the house when he picked up Radon test result and went over the things that I wasn't very clear until I understood. I appreciate their experience, attentions, patience and excellent work ethics. I would highly recommend Jay and Pete.

Category home inspection,radon testing

10/24/2007

I had a good gut feeling about them. Jay has been inspecting for over 30 years. He went from the top of the house, on the roof, in the house, the crawl spaces, and he even gave us some little hints on where the insulation might be a little too much on the air vents. He didn't leave a stone unturned. He concluded that we didn't need to spend as much money as we thought we would. It took him 2-3 hou...

Description of Work
They inspected the house from top to bottom. We had to get my mother's house appraised after she passed away.

Category home inspection

SPECIALIZES IN PROVIDING HOME OWNERS, PROSPECTIVE BUYERS, AND REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS WITH QUALITY HOME INSPECTION SERVICES, WOOD DESTROYING PEST INSPECTIONS AND RADON TESTING. WE ALSO DO SMALLER COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS.

SEPTIC AND WELL INSPECTIONS