Man Caves Audio Video LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since December 2011

4545 Sharon Copley Rd

Medina, OH 44256

Man Caves (Home Electronics and Home Improvement) is your local one stop resource for any home electronic or remodeling project. Our focus is customer service, we make happy customers by making sure they understand all the options available to them. Our mission is to first listen the customer, then educate them on their options, and finally to under promise and over deliver on the result. We sell and install electronics ranging from TVs, home theater equipment, speakers, computers, networking, tv mountings, and audio video furniture. Let us make your electronics work for you, not against you. We have a variety of easy to use solutions....

01/25/2017

GINA B.

We couldn’t be happier with Brett and his team at Man Cave Audio! Brett recommended and installed an entire home theater system, complete with Control One, receiver, DVD player, projector, room dimmers and more items than I can imagine. It’s incredible! More importantly, the communication and service was top-notch. Brett responded so quickly to all of my texts and he and his team came in to install everything on a Saturday (over 8 hours of work) to ensure its installation before our family arrived from out of town the following week. He went above and beyond the project and corrected 2 other tv installations that were performed by another company. Brett is super smart and can explain all of the needs in an easy to understand language. I have never worked with anyone so professional and who delivered such high quality work. I cannot recommend them enough!

Description of Work
The projector in our home theater was not working and we called Brett out to help diagnose and fix the issue. Turns out that, when our basement flooded 6 months earlier, although there was no visible damage in our theater, a surge occurred, blowing our receiver, the projector, etc. Brett did an incredible job of diagnosing the issue, recommending replacements and working with our insurance company to get all of the documents and receipts so that we could be reimbursed. On top of all of that, he worked all day on Saturday to complete the installation of the new equipment as we were having family in town the following week and staying with us and really wanted the theater working during their stay. Brett is wicked smart, professional and so prompt! His communication is excellent, his suggestions are well thought out and he never tries to "over sell". I cannot recommend them enough!

07/29/2016

jon B.

Brett once again did an outstanding job setting up a system for me. About five years ago I had him setup my home theater system in my man cave. Last week we decided we wanted to get an outdoor and indoor music system throughout our house. Brett is very knowledgeable, efficient, and easy to work with. Whenever you hire a company you want to know that you are dealing with someone you can trust and Brett is someone that I fully trust. I strongly recommend you use his services if you are doing anything with electronics and home improvement.

Description of Work
Indoor/Outdoor speaker system

07/26/2016

Jacob F.

Man Caves Mounted my TV over my fireplace and install a home theater system. It was fairly priced and the guys were quick to respond when my family had questions on how to do something. I would recommend them for service in the future.

Description of Work
Mounting TV and surround sound system.

07/15/2016

Jeff T.

Fantastic design & installation services! Man Caves delivered more than what they promised. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a superior vendor and business partner. They did a clean job hanging my television and installing my surround sound system, as well as adding music for my pool area.

Description of Work

Category electrician, home theater design, tv sales, home automation

07/15/2016

Brandon F.

Pretty straight forward. They spend about a half a day setting everything up. Really easy to use with my phone or the handheld remote.

Description of Work
Added a Control4 system to my basement. Also connected to my Lights, Hvac, and a few door locks.

01/18/2016

Thomas T.

Excellent job and great experience. Brett was great to work with. He is extremely knowledgable, very fair price wise and responsive to your questions and needs. His work is outstanding as he is a perfectionist. He won't leave until the job is complete and done right no matter what difficulties you may run into. I had a few issues with my new TV and surround sound....Brett was over on Saturday's and even came over on a Sunday to evaluate and fix issues. If you need a new audio visual set up for your existing or new house or a security system you cannot do better than Brett at Man Caves.

Description of Work
Provider set up entire audio visual system for our new house as well as our security system

01/13/2016

Julie B.

Description of Work
They retrofitted my stereo equipment to my new home and it was over a period of time time so I don't remember the price

Category drywall, flooring contractor, home automation

11/11/2015

Kelly P.

He was 30 minutes late for the 7:30 am appointment. (Which was his requested time) He asked me to run up and down the stairs to bring him a ladder and then again to bring him my tools. As we were leaving he went out to his work truck (were HIS tools and ladder were stored) and cleaned it out. Left the trash in my by drive. His estimate was vague and very high.

Description of Work
Asked for an estimate to fix our business stereo system. No work was performed. My interaction was at an investigative appointment to determine what was wrong and what needed to be done.

04/08/2015

Timothy D.

They did a great job and was very responsive to questions I had during the job.

Description of Work
in-wall speaker installation

03/13/2015

Glen C.

I contacted Man Caves through Angie's List. Brett called me and we discussed my needs. I originally thought I would have to add an electrical outlet and move a cable jack. After I explained what I wanted and described the environment, Brett convinced me that it was not necessary to move services and described how I could achieve what I wanted without that expense. Brandon arrived exactly on time. He considerately removed his shoes upon entering. He fished two HDMI cables through the wall neatly so they would be hidden between the TV and the cable box & Blu-ray sitting on a credenza below. He installed the wallmount bracket precisely, making sure it was level and centered and securely attached to the wall studs. He then mounted the TV, made all the connections, and then tested everything. Not a difficult job but done efficiently and precisely. Highly recommended for any A/V or home theatre project, big or little.

Description of Work
Man Caves wall-mounted a 50" flat screen TV in my great room.

02/02/2015

RON P.

They left me hanging, and waiting for this fantastic service that he so proudly boasted about. Not at all impressed.

Description of Work
Nothing, never called to setup appointment. Asked that I send them pictures of great room and I did immediately. No response. He spent most of the time on the phone patting himself on the back, he is good at that. I would never do business with this company.

Category home automation

We have certain protocol that is followed anytime a person requests products or service, and we request authorization to come to a clients home to provide service. We have no record of the person ever asking us to come to their home, nor do we have any of their person information to follow up because he refused to provide that information. He initially says he contacted us to buy equipment only and demanded we provide no service. He than writes a negative review from not being providing services and completely reverses his story. He recently contacted us on Angie's list again only to patronize our staff after we had offered further assistance and apologies for any wrong doing on our part.. He continued this treatment for 30 minutes sending our staff offensive Angie's emails. We apologized repeatedly but it's did not matter. This individuals entire argument is based on services that were never rendered and services he never requested. The best thing to come out of this review is that certain people can not be helped. We are convinced this person never intended to be a client, rather he just needed someone to talk down to.

10/27/2014

Jay M.

service as promised

Description of Work
set up multiple TV systems

04/12/2014

Philip R.

Brent was prompt and efficient. He was thoroughly versed in all the new technology. Did sound checks afterwards, everything performed perfectly. Was attentive to detail and followup for problems was good.

Description of Work
Install TV and wireless system, Entertainment systems (2)

03/30/2014

MARY K.

Category drywall

02/19/2014

Amy L.

I had a challenging home theater set up. The desired location for the TV was above the fire place on an external brick wall. I had tried getting help from multiple sources (Geek Squad, Home Theater Contractors, etc.) all with no luck. They either couldn't help or their solutions were obviously flawed. Then I found Man Caves Audio Video through Angie's List. Brett came up with a creative solution for mounting the TV and concealing the components and wires. Brett and his team paid special care to antique irreplaceable moldings and wood finish work and the finished product was awesome! Brett designed and installed a wireless sound system to deal with the challenges of running speaker wires in this challenging space. He also expanded this to cover sound and music for the whole home and exterior with a configurable solution that is managed from a Droid or iPhone. The family loves it and the sound is tremendous. Everything was done exactly how he said it would, when he said it would and at the price he quoted. I would recommend Man Caves Audio to anyone, especially anyone who needs a team that is experienced and can work with something other than cookie cutter solutions.

Description of Work
Mounted TV and procured and installed home network sound system (Sonos System).

12/10/2013

JACK K.

Everything was done in a very professional manner. Excellent in every respect

Description of Work
Install new components for a whole house audio system

10/18/2013

Ryan A.

Brett was extremely helpful from the time that I initially called through installation. We had some particularly demanding time lines and he was flexible and was able to accommodate. His team did a great job with the install and we have a great finished product. The Sonos system that he installed is incredible. The TV mounting is very professional. In general, Brett is knowledgeable about his craft and produces great results.

Description of Work
Installed Whole House Audio system at our new house in Avon, OH. They also mounted five Flat Screens. Ran extra cabling and electrical in addition to setting up our Wireless Network.

Category electrician, home automation

09/19/2013

DAVID R.

I had Man Caves install a new ceramic floor in my kitchen this spring. The president of Man Caves Brett Guthrie did an excellent job, all the tiles were laid straight and level,the color of the grout matches the tile perfectly as Brett said it would, Brett also installed new baseboard molding and modified my existing threshold. My kitchen looks exactly as Brett explained it would, bright and modern looking its awesome I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend Man Caves for any ceramic tile floor improvement Dave R. Brunswick, Ohio

Description of Work
Ceramic tile

Category flooring contractor, home automation

09/16/2013

Michael R.

When our neighbor's house was stuck by lightning, it also affected stereo speakers in our living room ceiling. The owner of Man Caves ( who I have met previously) was in our area and was able to stop by and evaluate the situation. As stated above he located speakers for our living room that were nearly identical to the damaged units (for which replacements were no longer available), and ordered them on the spot. Due to other commitments, he was unable to return to install the speakers when they arrived, which was OK with me as he provided very clear instructions so I could do it myself. Later on, I discovered that the lightning had also affected the stereo amplifier, basically "frying" one of the 4 zone amps. I contacted Man Caves, and he researched the problem for me, but found that the amplifier was not repairable, and also had been discontinued! He recommended alternative units for me to choose from, and offered to return if I had any problems with the installation. I have no doubt that he would if asked, even though his home is several hours away!

Description of Work
Diagnosed problems with home multi-room stereo system resulting from lightning strike next door. Ordered new ceiling speakers, and made recommendations for replacing amplifier.

05/09/2013

Jennifer G.

Good. He was on time, professional and not at all condescending. The last part is important because sometimes those home theatre things are complicated. Would recommend him and use the company in the future. Price was supposed to include rewireing of system and that seemed reasonable. He spent a long time with us answering questions and showi g us better ways to use the system so we paid the agreed upon fee even though he did not actually rewire the system.

Description of Work
We have a four year old basement surround sound whole house system. We had some kids over who reprogrammed our receiver. We could not watch tv or hear it after they left. Brett came out and reprogrammed our system - he was not the original installer. He also answered all of our questions and recommended some updates but only after we asked about specific upgrades.

12/14/2011

Douglas C.

Bret Guthrie did a wonderful Job in explaining all of my options regarding a home theater set up, including providing all of the equipment needed, set up and programming. He took the time to be sure I understood how to operate all of the components of my home theater system and has been great returning calls and offering outstanding customer service and support!

Description of Work
Home theater purchaced and Installed and set up. Large flat screen tv mounted over fireplace, including all drywall and electrical work

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, home theater design

Member, We appreciate the feedback. As always, if you have any questions or problems going forward please don't hesitate to call and we will make sure we take care of any concerns as soon as possible. Thank you, Brett Guthrie

CNE Electrical Contractors

Check our reviews on Home Advisor and Google Electrical Contractors for all Residential, Commercial, Industrial and High Voltage needs. We are locally owned and operated with over 20 years experience. We provide unmatched customer service. We take pride in our professionalism and cleanliness on our job sites. Call us today for your free estimate! We look forward to doing business with you!

Cortes Brothers Painting LLC

We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! CALL ELI (OWNER) @ (234) 417-1018 FOR AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE.

Fresh Coat of Hudson

Fresh Coat Painters of Hudson is an experienced Hudson painter servicing the local Hudson and surrounding communities. Our company offers a wide range of interior and exterior painting services, and we approach every project with the highest level of quality craftsmanship. Our

Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Home electronics sales and installation, TV Mountings, Surround Sound, Home Automation, Universal Remote Controls, Computer Networking, Home Theater systems, BluRay, Basement Finishing, Bathroom Remodel, Kitchen Remodel, Framing, Drywall, Painting, Digital Antennas

Please call us, if your looking for a service we don't offer we can help point you in the direction of someone that can.