Custom Stairs and Finishes Inc

With Angi since March 2011

6440 Norwalk Rd Ste H

Medina, OH 44256

The Staff at Custom Stairs & Finishes, Inc. looks forward to helping you with your woodworking challenges. Our team includes skilled designers and experienced wood craftsmen. We combine our tradition and dedication to craftsmanship with today’s innovative technology. From the moment you meet with our team and we start your custom project we create a personalized, friendly working environment. We will work side-by-side with you to establish what you want in any staircase solution. Family owned business. Owner has been in the construction industry for 35 years....

03/02/2017

Mona M.

Amazing. They responded right away, came out within days. Took measurements, made adjustments when I changed the material I wanted to use, came back with a fair price (less than I paid for the first replacement.) The best part is the stairs. They are so solid, perfect in every way, elegantly designed, and transform the space. Couldn't be happier. Too bad I only have one staircase to replace!

Description of Work
A very poorly built staircase needed to be ripped out and replaced entirely because I didn't hire these guys the first time.

10/28/2016

Mark E.

The work was small, for the projects they've done in the past, but Steve treated me like I was one of his big clients. He broke-down the project and how it will go, and it went EXACTLY like he said. The finished-product is the best I've seen. The people that came-out are the most professional and most respectful individuals you'll meet in the industry. I'm truly a fan of their work and 'till this day, almost 7 months now, we still consider this the best investment/improvement we've done with our house.

Description of Work
We had our main entrance, with the stairs re-done. For the past 28 years, since the house was built, they've had a half-wall going-up to the second floor over-looking the entrance. It didn't make sense to us when we moved-in, why they didn't do a stair-case and railing. We had Steve come-out and give us a quote and contracted him to do the work.

Category remodeling, woodworking

01/08/2016

Janice S.

06/20/2015

ROBERT D.

Steve came to our home to take a look at the job and provided an estimate within several days of his visit. Since we are having a wood floor installed in the same area as the railing systems, Steve was also asked to work with our wood floor installer. As requested, he contacted the installer and they worked out details for both installations. When we were ready to begin work, Steve came back out to do a final measure and confirm our design. Steve made a few suggestions to improve the design which were incorporated into the final design. Within about two weeks, the product had arrived and was installed several days later. The installation was completed in one day. Steve and Paul did an excellent job - Paul was very meticulous in his work and took his time to make sure the result was perfect. The job turned out to be more difficult than anticipated since landing tread / posts had to be anchored into concrete slab - they were able to work through this without any exterior signs of the issues they encountered. As a result of the sawing required to cut to the wood, there was quite a bit of sawdust debris in my home and garage. Paul did an adequate cleanup job - some additional cleanup on our part was needed after the job was complete. Overall, we couldn't be happier with Custom Stairs and Finishes. The railing systems turned out better than we expected. We would definitely use Custom Stairs and Finishes in the future.

Description of Work
Removed old railing system and installed new railing system in main staircases and balconies in our home. Installed new wood landing tread, handrails, posts and iron balusters.

06/18/2014

Vagn S.

Description of Work
Installed new stair treads, risers and custom handrails.

05/08/2014

Paul F.

They were on time and on budget. The finished product exceeded my expectations. Paul is a craftsman and is meticulous in his work. Steve and Peter were easy to work with. I will be using them in the future. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed picture frame molding and baseboard.

08/09/2012

ELAINE B.

We had absolutely no problems with this contractor. All work was done as stated and Mike even planed my father's door as a courtesy to him at no charge. The work looks fabulous and I will be contacing Mike to do work in other parts of our house.

Description of Work
Install pre-painted crown molding and caulk and cover nail holes.

11/28/2011

P K.

They were good but I decided to put the project on hold. They were prompt, professional and I may use them in the future.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Custom Stairs and Finishes to install a stairway and bannisters.

Category remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

07/20/2011

Angie T A.

My overall experience was Great.

Description of Work
Steve Malone came to my house three months ago to show me a book with designs for crown moulding. He brought over a sample for me to see. I told him I wouldn't be ready for a few months and he said no problem just give him a call a week in advance. On 7/18-19/2011 they started and finished the job. I had Steve and Peter install crown moulding in my living & dinning room, hallway/foyer, master bedroom and family room. They had left over crown moulding so they offered to install it in my small bathroom at no extra cost. The workmanship was excellent. Every bit of the moulding was joined perfectly, with no gaps. Peter did an amazing job with the moulding going around entrances into the rooms. I cannot say enough of what a great job they did. I had my painter here working behind them and he said they did an wonderful job. This is one contractor praising another contractors work. They were neat and cleaned up their work area. You have to know that they worked around all my furniture which was pushed into the center of the room and they did not break anything. They had to bring the moulding up through the master bedroom window. They took off the screen and then replaced it with no damage. I am definitely having them back to do further work on my staircase and upstairs bathrooms and hallway.

Category contractors, remodeling, woodworking

05/17/2011

CINDY A.

I cannot say enough how happy we are with the quality of the work. Steve and Pete are wood artists and Travis finishes their work with percision. We highly recommend hiring this company!

Description of Work
Our house was built about 50 years ago and a wrought iron staircase was popular and it dated our home. We recently had an addition added to our family room and our mantel was a sore thumb in the room so we were looking for someone to update our staircase with oak hand railings and spindels and build us a mantel that fit the new room. I saw the ad for Custom Stairs and decided to call them. Steve came out and looked at our home and made recommendations. He showed us pictures of previous projects and made recommendations beyond what we told him we wanted that really added a more classic look that we wanted. Because of his creative style we decided to hire him. Not only did they come when they said they would, they finished when they said they would. Since we decided to have the steps refinished, we needed to stay in a hotel for the week. Having the correct time was critical since we were adding this expense to the project. Steve had recommended that we hire Travis to paint the back splash and to stain the oak for the mantel. Travis is a perfectionist. Our stairs look so professional and the mantel makes the room.

Category remodeling, woodworking

Kingsmill Group Inc

Full-Service interior remodeling company. Specializing in basements, bathrooms, and kitchens. In business since 1996.

The Basement Guys - Cleveland

Super Service Award-winning company on Angie! The Basement Guys® of Cleveland is Northeast Ohio's exclusive installer of patented, trusted, and proven basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, basement finishing, foundation, gutter protection, gutter replacement, and concrete repair. Our trained and experienced servicemen have the answers to your home's exact problems. We've helped hundreds of Ohio homeowners remodel their basements or repair sinking foundations. We know our waterproofing, encapsulation, basement finishing, and structural repair systems work, but don't just take our word for it. Check out the testimonials from other homeowners throughout Cuyahoga Falls, Cleveland, Akron, and Northeast Ohio who have said the same thing. From a wet basement and cracks along the foundation wall to damaged concrete and gutters, The Basement Guys® of Cleveland can help with all your basement needs.

Offers by The Basement Guys - Cleveland on Angi
    DRUX Tech

DRUX Tech is dedicated to providing our customers with the best quality and craftsmanship. We are here to build relationships with our customers and communities and to provide our employees with a great place to work. DRUX Tech is a leader in providing our customers with the highest quality products and craftsmanship in an honest, efficient, and professional way. Our pledge is to create successful relationships with our customers, employees and community by building trust, treating every project with the utmost integrity and exceeding expectations. We look forward to working with you!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Staircase Design. Handrail Installation. Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling. Historical Renovations. Home Office & Study Improvements. Custom Cabinets & Built-Ins. Wood & Metal Baluster Replacement. Trim Work. Fireplace Mantels. Custom Columns. Window Seats.