EnerSol LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2008

920 Illinois Ave

Maumee, OH 43537

EnerSol’s commitment to achieve and maintain the highest levels of business and workplace standards will be consistently delivered to our customers. From adhering to strict scheduling and timeliness through the quality of our work, EnerSol is an industry leader. In addition, EnerSol maintains a fair and accurate pricing structure, keeps job sites clean, and always displays a professional and positive attitude....

06/10/2015

Chris H.

First of all the salesman was straight forward, there was no over selling on how good the products are and everything else. The guy was very good. He went to give me a quote within 20 minutes, he explained what he would do. He was professional and urged me to get a hold of the Columbia gift because they have a program with Columbia guests where they pay some of the cost which I got about $600 off. The total cost was $1800 and I got a rebate for $628. So I was very happy with that. He first tried to see by giving me a quote if it was what Columbia offers. They were very responsive to emails that I sent them. The younger kids that came out were very good. They did not mess around and was very focused on what they were doing. They did a very good job cleaning up. I was overall very happy with everyone that I dealt with in that company. The amount that I paid for was very good. I noticed a big difference with my air conditioning unit already. They came out for the quote and the gentlemen who did the installation all came right on time.

Description of Work
I used insulation services called EnerSol. They insulated my attic.

05/23/2015

dianne M.

Crew called before arrival and made sure that I was ready for service. Requested to have the driveway clear for the truck. Service took 2 days to complete. Alerted me that there would be dust overall due to drilling in drywall and insulation work. Staff moved furniture away from the outside walls and covered all with plastic. This included living room, bedroom and office furniture. Some pieces were quite heavy. During estimate and prior to the start of work, I was informed that holes were to be cut into drywall. Drywall repair would be needed and was not part of the estimate. Crew explained the process for insulating the walls. 2-inch holes were neatly made and insulation was blown into wall space. Holes were then neatly rough patched. Drywall needs to be professionally finished. Staff checked the attic. Several pieces of furniture and other belongings of the prior owner were stored in the attic. Staff emptied all of the pieces and neatly stacked them in the garage. Completed attic insulation on the 2nd day. Notified me that due to the construction and location of the attic steps, suggested that I add a layer of wood to ensure better insulation. I would definitely recommend EnerSol.

Description of Work
Columbia Gas previously performed energy audit. Listed insulation needed to optimize energy efficiency. EnerSol was the contractor that I chose to complete the energy insulation. EnerSol Insulated outside walls of home. Insulated attic. Plugged holes in crawl space.

Category insulation,energy audit

02/17/2015

Beth R.

Called EnerSol to look at attic because of our concerns about ice dams above the garage. Bruce evaluated the problem and also suggested that we get an energy audit from Columbia Gas. The house is a large ranch (approx 2400 sq. ft) built in 1955. It has cold spots. The farther away from furnace - in garage - the colder. We followed through with the audit and Bruce provided an estimate for the work we originally asked for. We later decided to do all the work that Columbia Gas suggested - with their price break - plus the work above the garage. Bruce provided a second cost estimate, which included some monetary help from Columbia Gas. Two specialists worked all day on 2/4/2015 and half of 2/5/2015 to complete the work. They were professional and very helpful as we had furniture to move away from wall and back again. They cleaned up. The house felt better almost immediately. We are looking forward to seeing our heating bills go down. Columbia Gas estimated that we were using 1/3 more than gas than similar size homes.

Description of Work
Insulated in crawl space between structure and foundation, blew insulation into all exterior walls, built a box around the cold air return in attic and insulated. Insulated above garage (furnace and hot water heater in garage making it warm) to prevent ice dams.

09/23/2014

Glen G.

They did a great job and were very professional. The old insulation was put in a dumpster and most of it stayed in it. Was very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Removed the blown-in insulation and installed batten insulation.

08/08/2014

Julie A.

Excellent experience. Aaron Valentine, the owner ,came out to give us an estimate and informed us about the Columbia Gas Energy Rebate. In doing so saved us over 60%. The day of installation, his team came out. They were very professional, consciencious and neat. Welcomed any questions i had. Cleaned up afterwards meticulously. When winter hit, I noticed a couple areas that were cold. Aaron came back out with the heat gun to pinpoint the issues. Deployed his team within the week at no extra cost. Our utility cost were cut by over 50%. I will not hesitate to refer and/or hire them for my new house. Excellent rating!

Description of Work
blown in insulation in attic; walls and air sealed the basement & also attic

01/26/2014

Pamela M.

Keith came out and gave an estimate which included increasing the ventilation in the attic. They worked quickly and the holes that they made to blow in the insulation were repaired and placed in discreet places where they would not show. After this winter I've never been happier about added additional insulation. I'm sure it's paid for itself already.

Description of Work
Blew in insulation in attic and sealed basement.

09/26/2013

Aaron B.

Everything with Enersol started well. Keith came to my house, on time and provided me with an estimate. He was concerned that my attic would be difficult due to the low pitch of the roof. He assured me that it could be done though. We agreed on a time and date, and went from there. The job took them two days to finish. This job is also at a house that I purchased but haven't moved into yet. After the first day of work was completed, I went to the house to check out what they had accomplished. This is when my disappointment started. I arrived to find several areas of my house that were damaged by the insulation installers. The first being an entire wall panel in my back room had been blown open by the pressure of too much insulation being filled in from the outside. When I called the installer to complain, he offered me the explanation that perhaps not enough screws were used installing the drywall. This is ridiculous, there were five screws spaced every 12 inches. After that, I noticed that they had gouged the door jam area of the sliding glass door. This was obviously due to someone carelessly carrying something out the door and banging it on the wall. When I walked outside to inspect, I saw that they had used huge roofing nails to reattach my aluminum siding. In addition to the nails looking terrible, they also dented the siding in when they pounded the nails. Near 4 of the windows where they had reattached the siding, they recaulked. This caulking job looks like a two year old did it. Its smeared out as far as 1-1/2" from where the siding meets the window framing. It looks absolutely awful. On the other side of the house, I noticed that they left a large piece of siding off the house overnight. It rained that night, so water undoubtedly got in between my walls. I found this to be incredibly unprofessional. I addressed my concerns to the installer, and he said that one of the rookies had caulked and reinstalled my siding. If this was the case, then they need to hire more experienced people or teach them how to do their job. The workers finished up the second day around 3pm, and I wasn't able to get to the house until after five to inspect. I found that the drywall panel had been reattached crudely by the installers, and the siding was all back on the house. They again used nails and it looks terrible. I noticed that the area just under the gutters had been taken apart to pull off some siding, and they never reattached it or caulked it. As I went back inside for one more look through, I noticed something in the garage. One of the installers had used spray foam to seal up an area behind the laundry room. It was a tight spot to work in, so he USED ONE OF MY SCREWDRIVERS OUT OF MY TOOL BAG TO DIG OUT THE EXCESS FOAM WHILE IT WAS STILL WET. He didn't clean it off or anything, just left it laying on the shelf next to the foam he had dug out. If all of this wasn't enough, they left me several large bags full of garbage and old insulation. To be quite honest, all of the damage to my home was quite insulting. It showed a lack of professionalism, and seems to me that the workers just don't care. I read all of the other reviews for Enersol before choosing them as our contractor. I'm surprised and disappointed with how things turned out. We've had a roofing contractor, an electrical contractor, and a heating contractor all do large jobs for us on this house, and none of them were as disrespectful of our property as Enersol. I offered my comments to the operations manager, and while he apologized, there was no offer to repair the damage, or compensate for the extra work I'll have to do to repair it all myself.

Description of Work
Installed blow-in insulation throughout the entire house and attic

Category insulation

This customer never gave us an opportunity to address any concerns he had. We did not receive a phone call or complaint. The conversation he claims to have had with our field manager is quite different than the conversation our field manager now reports to us. We are a small, local company and, as such, depend greatly on positive word-of-mouth. Knowing this, we simply cannot turn our back on any customer and will always go the extra distance to ensure customer satisfaction. We are members of the BBB for that very reason, to provide customers an outlet for recourse, to let them know we care. This customer never made a phone call, no complaint past the conversation he claims to have had with our field manager. Our office number is clearly printed on all quotes and displayed on all vehicles. Our work is difficult, we are no stranger to complaints or praise, we always respond. We simply need to know that a problem exists in order to fix it.

09/20/2013

Betty L.

They were very good. I found a couple of problems, but I called them and they came back and fixed them. I would recommend them. My next door neighbor recommended them to me and it did save me money, it would have cost me a lot more I guess if I would not have gone with this Columbia Gas thing.

Description of Work
Enersol insulated my attic floor and then I have an addition on the back of my house, which is all open back there and they insulated that too, and they used air foam in the attic, basement. They sealed out everything in my crawl space, all around the rim joist and all. They took off pieces of my siding and insulated my house from outside too.

05/02/2013

AMY S.

Everything went extremely well. They arrived on time, explained what they were doing, did an excellent job - I am extremely pleased with the process and the results. When I had a question about the insulation 4 years later, we received an immediate and attentive response from Mr. Valentine. I highly recommend this company and would do business with them again.

Description of Work
Enersol added insulation and vapor barriers to our attic.

02/12/2013

Joseph J. K.

Installers arrived exactly as promised. Were careful about neatness; explained what they would be doing and worked quickly and efficiently. Results have been noteworthy - the house seems more comfortable thanks to the new insulation in the attic.

Description of Work
As part of the gas company energy audit I chose this company. The salesperson was thorough, candid and realistic in his comments. Price was reasonable (and rebates have since been received and reflected in the cost noted above.)