We accept remote payment

Thompson Masonry and Chimney Repair

With Angi since February 2011

9378 Mason-Montgomery Rd Suite 407

Mason, OH 45040

Thompson Masonry & Chimney Repair specializes in residential Chimney and Masonry repair. Services include: Chimney Repair, Chimney Sweeping and Cleaning, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Crown Repair, Chimney Inspections, Chimney Liners, Furnace Liners, Water Heater Liners, Masonry Repair, Tuck

01/30/2021

brenda K.

everything was great. friendly, on time, very neat and clean

Description of Work
just needed a good cleaning

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs

10/17/2019

Theresa M.

I called twice during working hours and got the answering machine which I understand as I get that they maybe have been busy so I left messages on the answering system but never got a call back. I guess they don't need my business. They did work for me about a year ago and I tend to be loyal, but I don't have time to be ignored and have to call back multiple times. I see other reviews with similar issues. This company needs to be improve their customer responsiveness.

Description of Work
Chimney cap installed

Category chimney caps

02/21/2019

Joel P.

This guy was a no-Show three times. I see through other reviews that this is common to this provider. Why is he even allowed on Angie’s list? That is three occasions now where I have wasted my time on this guy. If this is the kind of provider that Angie’s holds in high regard then I need to question myself for having membership to this site.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney repair

We did have appointments that we were not able to keep due to Illness. We contacted the homeowner to reschedule each time. No work was ever performed or any Payment was ever exchanged.

05/03/2018

Gary S.

The cost estimate was very reasonable compared to other estimates. The work was postponed due to very cold weather. However, the crew showed up on an extremely cold day and told me that the treatment, which inclulded tuck pointing and waterproofing, was still effective. The chimney is very high, from the ground up, and the crew was only here about one hour including set up. I can't imagine how they could tuck point and waterproof a 25 foot chimney in that amount of time. The treatment seemed to cure the leak into the basement but not into an upstairs closet. I asked them to come back and retreat and that I would be willing to pay for it, but they said there was no need to do so. The person who estimates the work refused to call me.

Description of Work
Chimney Repair: waterproofing and tuck pointing

Category chimney repair

Waterproofing is just a spray that goes on the exterior of the chimney. It does not take but the time to walk up the ladder to spray it. The customer was not charged for any Tuck pointing, as there was very minimal. We had advised the customer that there was nothing wrong with the chimney but will waterproof the chimney. We did not go back out because there was nothing left to do to the chimney. When the masonry is fine, we cannot tuck point or perform unnecessary repairs. We don not repair chimneys that do not need repaired.

10/30/2017

Debbie F.

Excellent service, polite, timely, very helpful and only took 45 minutes.

Description of Work
Sweep chimney and safety inspection.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

08/22/2017

kevin B.

It didn't. No show. Had appointment at 1 pm. No show and no call. It today's world, people's time is valuable, and with the advent of cell phones, communication is easy and separates the professionals from the non.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

05/28/2017

Steve C.

The crew knew exactly what had to be done. They were able to remove and reuse the existing siding, take down the existing chimney and rebuild it better and stronger than the original. The restoration was completed in a very timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
Prefab chimney box damaged by strong wind. This was not your typical chimney, it was out about two feet from the side of the house and over two stories high. The complete surround had to be removed and replaced.

03/20/2017

Laura B.

I called and left a message regarding scheduling an appointment. I received a return call and made an appointment for a chimney inspection of a house I am trying to buy. I made it clear this was for a home purchase. My appointment was for 3/17 between 8-12. I received an email confirmation for the appointment and thought everything was fine. I was at the house at 9am to meet with other inspectors that day, but I heard nothing from this company. I called and left a message around 11:15am asking when the inspector would get there. I got no return call, so I had to call again and leave another message cancelling the inspection. I no longer had access to the home, since I have not purchased it. This left me in a big bind to find another inspector on very short notice in order to stay within my inspection contract window for this home purchase. I have still, 4 days later, not received any call or email regarding the missed appointment.

Description of Work
chimney inspection prior to purchasing a home

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

02/27/2017

Mary Jane D.

They did a through inspection and discovered our chimney to be clean. They still chatted and gave pointers on how to maintain a clean chimney.

Description of Work
We needed our chimney swept.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs

01/06/2017

Amie D.

The work was done fine and they guy was very clean.

Description of Work
They came and did the work but there was some confusion when I first advised them that I had 2 chimneys. The guy came back twice but I did get charged a service fee. The guy took a check from my husband after i had already paid Angie's List and had already paid for the second chimney. I asked them for my check back and they said they will keep the money until i need them again or Angie's list would have to refund me for the deal. i think they should have just sent my check.

Category gas logs

There was some confusion to which chimneys were to be swept because the clients son told us which chimneys to sweep. It turned out it was not the one the client wanted swept. We did come back out and there was another charge due to more work being done. However, due to the over payment, (Wife paid Angie's list, husband paid us)we did refund the client via a company check.

01/04/2017

Margaret H.

He agreed to come out when others either would not do the work, or quoted me months before they could get to it. He was prompt and professional, and made a few adjustments, which seemed to help the performance. He checked out the gas lines to be sure everything was functioning safely. He charged only the service call fee he had quoted me on the phone, and told me he would come back out if we continued to have problems.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace was not functioning properly.

Category gas logs

12/05/2016

Linda D.

Mr. Thompson was great - very professional, cleaned up, and thorough.

Description of Work
two chimneys cleaned & inspected.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

09/20/2016

Mathew M.

They did a great job. The technician was on time, polite, very quick, and knowledgeable. The technician answered all of my questions, and gave me helpful tips about how to use and care for my chimney/fireplace. I have also purchased chimney caps from them, which they are scheduled to install soon. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning.

03/03/2016

HELEN C.

Everything went perfect.

Description of Work
DM Thompson chimney repair specialists did a complete removal and replacement of my chimney. They were very neat and clean about removing the older bricks from the roof to their proper disposal bin. All corresdence went in a smooth and professional manner. I am very pleased with the overall outcome, including, but not limited to the newly finished chimney that sets perfectly upon my house. Good job D M Thompson. Keep up the excellent work. I highly recommend them for service. Keith Clark

Category masonry, chimney repair

09/01/2015

Mary Beth S.

We were extremely pleased with the work DM Thompson did for us. The work crew worked very hard to make sure we knew what they were doing each step along the way. They did a great job with the masonry work and took the extra time to make sure their work area was cleaned up each day. The chimney looked great once it was completed. We had a small amount of damage to the area around the chimney but it was quickly repaired once we pointed it out to them.

Description of Work
DM Thompson rebuilt our chimney from the roof up. It was an extensive job and we researched many contractors before choosing DM Thompson.

09/01/2015

Joe B.

They showed up on time, did the job, and left the area as clean as they found it.

Description of Work
Cleaned Chimney

08/10/2015

Nancy B.

They came out when they said they were going to. He did the work in a very short amount of time and charged me what he said he would. They even took the time to inform us what to do with the next 3 fires so we do not crack the new panel

Description of Work
They put in a new refractory panel.

06/23/2015

Nicole B.

It was fine. They did a good job. They didn't charge me any extra.

Description of Work
They came out and cleaned my chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

12/02/2014

John H.

Excellent. I had to work on the morning of the job and got home at lunchtime to see five workers actively working on my front chimney. The project foreman Rocky met me immediately and brought me up to speed with the project. I thought the team might have to use scaffolding, but was relieved to see they could access everything using ladders (tons of them). It took them several hours to completely restore the front chimney and upon review (with binoculars) of the finished work I could not see a single crack or unfilled mortar joint. The crew then moved the operations to my second (smaller) chimney. This one was worse off than the chimney in front and was in need of immediate repair. Rocky and his team were able to safely repair and seal every lose joint and crack to the point where the upper portion almost looks like new. It passed the binoculars test once again! Very happy with the work done and the whole process. I was a little concerned that maybe there was mortar that spilled off into a gutter so I brought my concerns to Rocky. He immediately got a ladder and had his crew check it out. It turned out to be chunks of ice in the gutter that were dirty and gave the impression of being cement. His worker still took the liberty of chucking the ice out of the gutter and removing it.

Description of Work
Performed masonry repair work (tuck pointing) on my two brick chimneys.

11/12/2014

Richard R.

I used him last year and he was so good that I wanted him back out even though he didnt have a current big deal available. He still does a really good job!

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney and gave advice on proper usage

10/18/2014

Paul S.

We are pleased with the work and price we were given. Two chimneys were tuck pointed with color matched mortar and water sealed, the crowns were repaired, and they replaced loose and broken firebrick a new fireplace floor. The workers were professional and courteous. They did the work in two days, cleaning up after themselves each day. The job price was $2150, very competitive to other quotes we were given.

Description of Work
Chimney and fireplace repair.

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

10/10/2014

Nancy R.

There were no troubles with scheduling and no additional costs. They were prompt and completed the job. Everything worked out fine.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for a chimney sweep.

04/12/2014

carl P.

Details provided above.

Description of Work
Arrived on time. Gave a written estimate (0124), which I signed. He said he would go back to the office, call and schedule a date for the week of 4/14/14. He never called, and after 24 hours I called the company and he never returned any of my calls.

Category chimney sweep

We have completed all work for [Member Name Removed]. All work was satisfactory.In fact we completed all work and still have yet to be paid by [Member Name Removed] even though we have sent numerous invoices, emails and phone calls.

02/28/2014

Woodrow A.

Work was performed on the date and time promised. Mats were used to protect plants and other items from spray of water proofing material. Area completely cleaned up afterwards. Dave and Mike were very professional and obviously knew what they were doing. Haven't been able to confirm effectiveness of the waterproofing, but have no reason to doubt it.

Description of Work
Chimney tuck pointing and waterproofing of entire chimney to stop water leak

Category chimney sweep, basement waterproofing, chimney repair

01/11/2014

Danneen R.

Chimney was clean. Service was prompt.

Description of Work
Cleaned family room chimney

Healthy Basement Concepts,LLC

Healthy Basement Concepts, take every water-related disaster very seriously. Our experts are well-aware of the various damages damp and/or moist surfaces can create, and thus, only utilize professional methods and equipment. Our services are available in Greater Cincinnati, OH and the surrounding areas.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Everdry Waterproofing of Cincinnati

EverDry of Cincinnati is a full service basement waterproofing and foundation repair company. Our patented multi-step system is chosen by the vast majority of out customers.

AquaProof Inc

Don't Just Waterproof it, AquaProof It!! With over 35 years experience AquaProof is the leader and authority in repairing all your basement waterproofing, drainage, and structural repair needs. We are fully licensed, insured, and follow all safety requirements that exceed OSHA standards. We have won the Super Service Award on Angie's List from 2006 to 2015! We offer a senior citizen discount of 10% up to $850. AquaProof will customize a solution to fit your specific needs. Job Minimum of $2,000.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Chimney Repair, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Cleaning, Chimney Liners, Fireplaces, Furnace Liners, Gas logs, Water Heater Liners,Chimney Caps, Video Inspections, Waterproofing, Wood stoves

Step work, New Construction