Thompson Masonry and Chimney Repair

With Angi since February 2011

9378 Mason-Montgomery Rd Suite 407

Mason, OH 45040

We accept remote payment

Thompson Masonry & Chimney Repair specializes in residential Chimney and Masonry repair. Services include: Chimney Repair, Chimney Sweeping and Cleaning, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Crown Repair, Chimney Inspections, Chimney Liners, Furnace Liners, Water Heater Liners, Masonry Repair, Tuck Pointing, Waterproofing. Our goal is provide you with the best Chimney and Masonry Repairs in the state of Ohio....

chimney sweep (96)chimney repair (44)fireplace services (13)chimney cap repair (12)masonry (11)gas fireplace repair (5)basement waterproofing (2)

01/30/2021

brenda K.

everything was great. friendly, on time, very neat and clean

Description of Work
just needed a good cleaning

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 01/30/2021

10/17/2019

Theresa M.

I called twice during working hours and got the answering machine which I understand as I get that they maybe have been busy so I left messages on the answering system but never got a call back. I guess they don't need my business. They did work for me about a year ago and I tend to be loyal, but I don't have time to be ignored and have to call back multiple times. I see other reviews with similar issues. This company needs to be improve their customer responsiveness.

Description of Work
Chimney cap installed

Category chimney caps

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

02/21/2019

Joel P.

This guy was a no-Show three times. I see through other reviews that this is common to this provider. Why is he even allowed on Angie’s list? That is three occasions now where I have wasted my time on this guy. If this is the kind of provider that Angie’s holds in high regard then I need to question myself for having membership to this site.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

We did have appointments that we were not able to keep due to Illness. We contacted the homeowner to reschedule each time. No work was ever performed or any Payment was ever exchanged.

05/03/2018

Gary S.

The cost estimate was very reasonable compared to other estimates. The work was postponed due to very cold weather. However, the crew showed up on an extremely cold day and told me that the treatment, which inclulded tuck pointing and waterproofing, was still effective. The chimney is very high, from the ground up, and the crew was only here about one hour including set up. I can't imagine how they could tuck point and waterproof a 25 foot chimney in that amount of time. The treatment seemed to cure the leak into the basement but not into an upstairs closet. I asked them to come back and retreat and that I would be willing to pay for it, but they said there was no need to do so. The person who estimates the work refused to call me.

Description of Work
Chimney Repair: waterproofing and tuck pointing

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

Waterproofing is just a spray that goes on the exterior of the chimney. It does not take but the time to walk up the ladder to spray it. The customer was not charged for any Tuck pointing, as there was very minimal. We had advised the customer that there was nothing wrong with the chimney but will waterproof the chimney. We did not go back out because there was nothing left to do to the chimney. When the masonry is fine, we cannot tuck point or perform unnecessary repairs. We don not repair chimneys that do not need repaired.

10/30/2017

Debbie F.

Excellent service, polite, timely, very helpful and only took 45 minutes.

Description of Work
Sweep chimney and safety inspection.

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/23/2017

08/22/2017

kevin B.

It didn't. No show. Had appointment at 1 pm. No show and no call. It today's world, people's time is valuable, and with the advent of cell phones, communication is easy and separates the professionals from the non.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

Category chimney sweep

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

05/28/2017

Steve C.

The crew knew exactly what had to be done. They were able to remove and reuse the existing siding, take down the existing chimney and rebuild it better and stronger than the original. The restoration was completed in a very timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
Prefab chimney box damaged by strong wind. This was not your typical chimney, it was out about two feet from the side of the house and over two stories high. The complete surround had to be removed and replaced.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

Review for Thompson Masonry and Chimney Repair	 - 9378 Mason-Montgomery Rd, Mason, OH - 35131543

03/20/2017

Laura B.

I called and left a message regarding scheduling an appointment. I received a return call and made an appointment for a chimney inspection of a house I am trying to buy. I made it clear this was for a home purchase. My appointment was for 3/17 between 8-12. I received an email confirmation for the appointment and thought everything was fine. I was at the house at 9am to meet with other inspectors that day, but I heard nothing from this company. I called and left a message around 11:15am asking when the inspector would get there. I got no return call, so I had to call again and leave another message cancelling the inspection. I no longer had access to the home, since I have not purchased it. This left me in a big bind to find another inspector on very short notice in order to stay within my inspection contract window for this home purchase. I have still, 4 days later, not received any call or email regarding the missed appointment.

Description of Work
chimney inspection prior to purchasing a home

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

Work Completed On 03/17/2017

02/27/2017

Mary Jane D.

They did a through inspection and discovered our chimney to be clean. They still chatted and gave pointers on how to maintain a clean chimney.

Description of Work
We needed our chimney swept.

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces,gas logs

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

01/06/2017

Amie D.

The work was done fine and they guy was very clean.

Description of Work
They came and did the work but there was some confusion when I first advised them that I had 2 chimneys. The guy came back twice but I did get charged a service fee. The guy took a check from my husband after i had already paid Angie's List and had already paid for the second chimney. I asked them for my check back and they said they will keep the money until i need them again or Angie's list would have to refund me for the deal. i think they should have just sent my check.

Category gas logs

Work Completed On 12/28/2016

There was some confusion to which chimneys were to be swept because the clients son told us which chimneys to sweep. It turned out it was not the one the client wanted swept. We did come back out and there was another charge due to more work being done. However, due to the over payment, (Wife paid Angie's list, husband paid us)we did refund the client via a company check.

Chimney Repair, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Cleaning, Chimney Liners, Fireplaces, Furnace Liners, Gas logs, Water Heater Liners,Chimney Caps, Video Inspections, Waterproofing, Wood stoves

Step work, New Construction