Nixco Plumbing Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since November 2002

4.4

4281 State Route 42

Mason, OH 45040

Family owned and operated for over 35 years. Nixco Plumbing's service philosophy originated with the company in 1978. It's quite simple: Work hard and get it done right. Our focus on earning the lifelong business of the customer is reflected in the quality, care and professionalism we bring to

11/28/2018

Beverly M.

In the process of a kitchen renovation, we got new countertops, a new sink and a new faucet. Russ and his helper (whose name I can never remember for some reason) came within the window I was given when I made the appointment. They got to work right away and about an hour later I had a functioning kitchen sink again. They even re-installed an existing garbage disposal. They were efficient, professional and cleaned up after the work was done. I will never hire any other plumbers than Nixco Plumbing.

Description of Work
New kitchen sink and faucet hookup

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], we appreciate the great feedback! Our team at Nixco Plumbing Inc. go above and beyond to ensure kind, friendly service and a job well done. We hope to work with you again in the future. Have a wonderful weekend!

03/01/2018

RICHARD & BARBARA H.

We were updating the vanity in our powder room. We scheduled Nixco for two visits namely (1) to instalI shutoff valve and (2) to make connections after new countertop and sink were in place. I did the tear out of the old countertop prior to Nixco's arrival, had the cabinets cleared out making access as easy as possible. I had towels in place for any leaks and had the main supply shutoff and pipes drained prior to the plumber's arrival. He replaced shutoff valve in 30 min. I realized after he left that we had a coupon that I had forgot about. Called them back the same day and the service manager denied request to apply the coupon. We are repeat customers and we prep'd the job to reduce their time on site. We told them we were disappointed in this lack of flexibility relative to a coupon. After the new countertop and sink were installed, I mounted the valves. Nixco came back the next day to install sink drain and make final connection of the supply lines, which they did in short order. They tested and all seemed fine. A couple weeks later we had some moisture in the cabinet and they reinstalled the drain pipe with plumbers putty instead of the manufacturer's gasket and that problem seems resolved. No charge for the followup visit to correct the leak.

Description of Work
Install new shutoff valve and make connections to new faucet and drain

10/04/2017

STEPHEN E.

A friend recommended him. The work was excellent. but I thought the price was high. To replaced a bathtub valve was as much to replace a water heater.

Description of Work
They replaced a bathtub valve.

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed]! It'[Member Information Removed] great to hear thatwe were able to help you out! The Nixco Plumbing Inc. team takes pride in providing exceptional customer service and a job well done. We appreciate your business and hope to work with you again! Take care.

07/31/2017

mary-jo K.

Both services went very smoothly. John arrived when expected, got right to work, explained what he had done and was very pleasant. Would definitely call Nixco again.

Description of Work
Earlier in July we had John from Nixco out to replace a kitchen faucet. Today he replaced a toilet.

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed]! It's great to hear that John was able to help you out! The Nixco Plumbing Inc. team takes pride in providing exceptional customer service and a job well done. We appreciate your business and hope to work with you again soon! Take care.

07/15/2017

Cheryl T.

My kitchen faucet was leaking. The technician determined that the best solution was to replace it and I agreed. He then showed me several options and I selected the one that was the best fit for me.

Description of Work
Replacement of kitchen faucet.

Category plumbing

Thank you for choosing Nixco Plumbing! We're so happy that you've had a good Nixco Plumbing Experience! Feel free to call us for any additional service!

06/13/2017

Shravan K.

It took one day to complete the work. There was one person who came to do the work.

Description of Work
They installed a water heater and sump pump.

11/07/2016

Ann W.

Our hot water heater was old and we determined it was better to get new one rather than replace parts. Nixco removed the old one, installed new within several hours. Installer repositioned the new one for more efficient use of space and area was totally clean when he left.

Description of Work
hot water heater was consistenly going out due to bad sensor

Category water heater repair

09/27/2016

WILLIAM A.

I'd give them A across the board and I would use them again. They were on time, knowledgeable and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
I used Nixco Plumbing. They replaced a gas valve at a leaky gas valve from a fireplace.

Category gas leak repair

08/18/2016

Rick H.

The first warning sign was that the technician did not seem to understand why we wanted to replace the plumbing (there's a good reason PB is off the market now). Next he seemed not to grasp what a whole house repipe is. He finally quoted $3000 to half-*** the job with Sharkbite fittings (which I've been doing for free up until now) in just two bathrooms, and that was with me doing the drywall work myself. And finally, he charged me $40 for the trip. I don't think a trip fee is unfair, but I would recommend that you prescreen the technician before he comes out to make sure he even knows how to do what you need. My ratings are based on the actual call. I think professionalism is not just courtesy, but having the knowledge to serve your customer adequately. Responsiveness: why use expensive copper instead of PEX? No explanation. My rating on price reflects the quote, however.

Description of Work
I needed a quote for replacing our polybutylene plumbing.

03/16/2016

Maria B.

Nixco did an awesome job! I had a flood in my basement on a Sunday, due to (what I later found out) was a blockage in my sewer line. They came out 3pm on a Sunday and stayed until the job was done at 7pm. I could not use any water , including the toilets, so I was in dire straights. He snaked the pipe 125 feet into the yard and removed the blockage. All water was turned back on and we were a happy family

Description of Work
Snaked the external sewage line, fixed broken pipe in the basement

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

03/14/2016

robert C.

When I when I returned from vacation, i called the Nixco owner. I could tell from the beginning of the conversation that he was not going to adjust the charge even though they were not able to solve the problem and his worker was at my home for about 30 minutes. The guy spent more time in the truck preparing my bill than he did trying to fix my clog. I called another plumber and the pipe was replaced for $515.00. There is no way I would trust Nixco again. I will never call them again.

Description of Work
Not fix my problem. They charge you a $30-40 trip charge for the person to come. Then the man said I had a clog. No kidding. I told them that when I called. He said it would be $340 to do anything to fix it. Highway robbery, but I was leaving for vacation the next morning. I told him to go ahead. He pulled a mini auger from his truck and proceeded to clear the clog. Within a few minutes, he told me that I had a major clog somewhere in the pipe and the whole drain pipe would have to replaced. He never used a professional size auger. He said he had one on the truck. He didn't know where the clog was located, what was clogging the pipe, and did not use a camera to see what was causing the problem. He just threw up his arms and declared the pipe would need to be replaced. It was late Friday afternoon and I guess he didn't want to mess with it. When asked what the cost would be to replace the pipe, he said it could vary depending on what issues they faced. He said it would be at least $1,500. I told him to forget it as I would look elsewhere. So, $340 to not fix my clog. The guy was at my home for about 30 minutes.

Category drain pipe, drain cleaning

Nixco Plumbing performs each service call with a process. This process is explained to our customers when they call in and schedule an appointment. First, we come out to a prospective customers house for a minimal service charge. For that charge we make an assessment or evaluate the current issue. We make recommendations for repairs based on our evaluation and plumbing experience. Once we have come up with a plan of action our techs discuss’ that along with any options and pricing with the customer. The customer can then decide on what they would like to have our tech do at that time. Either, continue on with the quoted pricing or pay the service fee and have the technician leave. We do not push or "hard sell" customers, we give them the information and let them decide what is best for them and their budget. As you can see, we provide the customer with the necessary information so they can make an informed decision. From the owner's statements I can see that our evaluation was spot on and the owner ended up having at least a portion of the piping replaced. The only thing this customer did not like was our pricing, and it sounds like he found another contractor whose pricing he did like. We cannot control what other contractors charge for what they do. We do not try to compete with every contractor available. We provide quality service and for that we charge a price. If that price is not in your budget or of your liking, for whatever reason, then you always have the option not to have us do the work. Mr. [Member Name Removed] was given all the information needed to make an informed decision and based on that information he was able to get the job completed at a lower cost than what we could provide for him. Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you again in the future.

03/05/2016

Brian G.

It only took him about a hour to complete the job and he was very nice. I just felt that the price was a little high for the amount of work and parts that was used. I feel a fair price would have been closer to $350. Again I would like to say everyone I dealt with was great, very professional and they came out quickly to resolve my issue.

Description of Work
Repaced the expansion tank, ball valve and about 2ft.of copper pipe.

02/23/2016

Peter M.

Professional and courteous service provided. Evaluated the existing water heater and expansion tank. Explained options and answered questions knowledgeably. Quoted pricing and warranty. Removed the old water heater and expansion tank and cleaned up completely and in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater (natural gas)

Category plumbing, septic tank, water heater repair, water softeners

08/12/2015

Terry T.

Office would not quote a price, not even a ballpark estimate. Plumber stated a fixed price to remove and install new faucet. Stated the price was fixed for this type of work. We told him that his office wouldn't give a price and he restated that is was the standard price. So we paid the service call and went elsewhere.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen faucet

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Sorry that you feel that way about our services. We have found that it is not fair to the customer for someone that does not know about plumbing or can not see the situation to provide a quote over the phone. For that reason we prohibit the office staff from quoting anything over the phone. We appreciate you contacting us and if you ever need any plumbing service in the future feel free to contact us. Thanks for the opportunity.

07/17/2015

Bryan A.

The technician stated that "a lot of drywall was ripped out of this house and all the plumbing was torn out and replaced" because "all the houses in West Chester had copper pipes and got pin holes". The owner of the house had occupied it since its construction and no plumbing whatsoever had ever been replaced or drywall removed. The house had never had copper plumbing. The technician was totally incompetent and his irresponsible statement cost both parties a great deal. I would place absolutely credence in anything stated by a representative of this company.

Description of Work
Technician performed plumbing inspection of house for prospective buyers.

Category plumbing

Sorry that you feel that was your understanding about the call. We have taken your information and will look into making changes in the way that we operate. Thanks for the feedback.

06/17/2015

Joseph B.

Awesome service. Very professional and super quick. Will call again if I need a plumber.

Description of Work
Installed and provided new sump pump.

Category plumbing, wells

Thank you for the review of our services. We work really hard to make each and every service experience a positive one. Hopefully we can work together again in the future.

05/18/2015

Nancy C.

I kept having a stopped up toilet, the service man recommended I replaced it, which I did. I have been very pleased with their service. They installed water softener which i am also very pleased with.

Description of Work
Plumbing work.

Category plumbing, water softeners

04/17/2015

Shirley M.

We have been Nixco customers for over 20 years. Nixco did the original plumbing when we built our house and we always called them for our plumbing issues. Originally they were reasonably priced, but over the last few years their prices have become exorbitant. Our sump pump stopped working the evening of April 6, 2015 after a day of very heavy rainfall. We were concerned that the basement would flood but decided to wait until the next morning to call a plumber. We called Nixco early the next morning, explained our problem, and as promised, they sent a plumber with a replacement sump pump later that day. All the plumber had to do was unplug and remove the old one, put the new one in the same space and plug it into the outlet on the wall. He wrapped some tape around the pipe to keep the wires from dangling - but that was it. To our shock, we were charged $592.70 (after a $25 discount because we had a coupon) for a sump pump that retailed for $150 (we looked up the model and price) and about 15 minutes of the plumber's time. The entire transaction, from the time the plumber entered our home to the time we paid the bill took about 30 minutes. He did explain the price before installing the new pump, but water was beginning to run out of the sump pit onto the basement floor. We were able to get through the night without a major problem and didn't want to push our luck any further. At that point, the choice was either a basement full of water or the $600 sump pump - . . .we paid the money! We contacted a manager at Nixco to express our dissatisfaction with the price and got a "duly noted" response. We will not use Nixco again. We have not had issues with the quality of their work, but there hasn't been anything special about it either. I am sure we will find other plumbers on Angie's List that offer equal or better quality for a much fairer price!

Description of Work
Replaced a sump pump in our basement.

Category plumbing, wells

10/13/2014

Ilsa G.

They are a super good company!! I would definitely will hire them again if I have a need for them. I did like that we got a complete explanation of the problem and how to prevent it in the future. They were also very reliable and friendly.

Description of Work
We had issues with the plumbing in our master bathroom.

10/08/2014

Kathleen A.

Excellent. I've had work done by the company twice.

Description of Work
Repair burst exterior water supply line (formerly Blue Max type).

10/07/2014

Jeff W.

Went well. The plumber was experienced, professional, and kept this work area clean.

Description of Work
Repaired a broken shower and a toilet.

10/03/2014

Anne R.

I was about to leave for the airport for a 6 day trip. Our shower stall clogged and we had water backing up everywhere in our master bathroom. I had to leave my disabled husband to deal with it. We had used Nixco (pricey but satisfactory) before so he called and the girl said she would call the plumber and he would call back with his arrival time. My husband waited hours and finally got a call from the plumber saying he was in the ER and "should" be getting out shortly. Said he would call back when he knew more. Now it is Saturday night and my husband can't use any of the bathrooms on the first floor. The plumber called back again late Sat. night saying that he was too sick and not able to come. In the meantime, a call was made to the office but the girl said that the "sick" plumber was the only one they had on call. "If" she could find someone else, she would call the house. Finally, Sunday morning, my husband called another company and they had the problem solved within a few hours. Needless to say, we won't be calling Nixco again. I was never going to write a review but Nixco told Angie's List that we were a customer and Angie's List kept bugging us for a review.

Description of Work
They never showed up so we had to call another provider.

Category plumbing, home remodeling, drain cleaning

10/03/2014

Steven D.

It didn't go well. They cut an unnecessary hole in the ceiling. I also had them repair some caulking in my shower, and it looked terrible. They sent someone back out again to fix it at no charge, and even then it didn't prevent leaks. I ended up calling someone else. They did the original plumbing in my house so I thought I would have them back out. However, I'll never use them again.

Description of Work
I had them out to inspect a leak in the ceiling and do some additional plumbing work.

10/02/2014

Lynda S.

Technician was friendly, knowledgeable and able to clear the line and I was very pleased with the work done. I have used them several times before and have always had great service. I do think, however, the prices are a little on the high side.

Description of Work
Augered downspout line from outside cleanout to road.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

10/02/2014

Dennis G.

They were the ones that installed our original plumbing in our house, so I thought I would have them out to look at the faucet on our Whirlpool tub in our master bathroom. In order to fix a loose faucet they would have to remove the tile, which they unfortunately do not do. They were on time and professional enough, though.

Description of Work
We had them come out to provide an estimate.

Landis Services LLC

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Plumbing-Drainage services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your estimate today!

Beeco Softwater

Beeco Softwater is family-owned and -operated business serving Englewood and the Greater Dayton area for over 50 years. Bill Beeler started the business as Beeco Plumbing in 1966. In 1972, the business became Beeco Plumbing Inc. In 1986, after selling different water softeners for several years, Beeco Plumbing Inc took on the dba name Beeco Softwater and also became a dealer for Hague Water Conditioning. In 2006, after 20 years as a Hague dealer, Beeco Softwater parted ways with Hague and began selling our own equipment, the Aqua Clean water conditioner, featuring the Clack valve. We were impressed with the high quality of the Clack product, the use of a turbulator in the resin tanks, and the dependability and long life of the unit. In 2008, Bill Beeler, while remaining with the company, stepped down as the president and turned the daily operations over to his son, Brian. Both Bill and Brian are state-licensed master plumbers and are currently the only installers of any equipment purchased or rented through Beeco Softwater.

2022 Super Service Award

Plumb Tite, LLC

Plumb Tite is a long-standing family owned and operated plumbing company heavily servicing clients in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana. A full service company, we specialize in providing residential and commercial service plumbing work of all shapes and sizes. Plumb Tite has rightfully earned the reputation as a highly chosen and referred plumber of choice, along with a number of awards and accolades for our customer service, excellence, growth, ethics and business operations. We believe in providing a better service experience and demonstrating how exceptional a service company should and can operate. We accomplish this with superior customer service and follow-up, expanded business hours including weekends and evenings to meet your busy schedule, real and licensed plumbers who are not only highly skilled but also exceptional at communicating options and solutions for customers, and the most honest and up-front pricing model anywhere. It is our belief that customers deserve better and we intend to provide it each and every time by earning your business instead of simply expecting it. Isn't that the way it should be? With a team of expertly trained and certified master and journeyman plumbers to service our customer’s vast and varied needs, Plumb Tite has truly become synonymous with the original and lasting company logo, Plumbing Done Right!

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential & Commercial Plumbing, Fixture Supply & Installation, Water, Sewer & Gas Install & Repair, Drain & Sewer Line Repair & Cleaning, Backflow Testing & Repair, Water Heater Install & Repair, Water Purification Systems, Water Softeners, Kitchen & Bath Remodels, Septic Tank & New Home Construction

Mobile Home Repairs & Wells