Scotts LawnService

With Angi since July 2008

3.7

14111 Scottslawn Rd

Marysville, OH 43041

Additional DBAs - Scotts LawnService - Gahanna & Plain City Stores, Scotts LawnService Corporate Headquarters, Scotts LawnService a Division of the Scotts Co.

04/26/2017

Nancy B.

I never had a problem with weeds and everything was great. Later down the road there was a great decline in the quality of their work.

Description of Work
They provided lawn treatments and fertilization.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment

10/07/2016

Mark G.

Very poor results - grass killed by grubs, pillbugs, landscape light broken, weeds, etc.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization program

04/21/2016

John K.

I called their customer service and I had trouble cancelling my service. They were also adding additional services without my permission. They've had a great product but I think they have some fine tuning to do on the customer's end.

Description of Work
They did lawn and yard care.

08/06/2015

Dorothy V.

We have a lot of weeds and I had grub worms this Summer. I have used them for about five years.

Description of Work
I use Scotts for my lawn. I get five services a year.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

04/11/2015

Debbie G.

I previously paid to seed the lawn and after many treatments, still had many bare spots in the yard. After having the treatments, the following spring was very disappointed as my lawn was way more brown than lawns that were not treated. When speaking to a manager about this he blamed me. I did everything I was supposed to do, watered my lawn, kept blades sharp on my lawn mower and mowed at the proper setting for the length of the grass and got their treatments.

Description of Work
Ferilizer and weed control treatments and winterizing the lawn; also had core aeration.

02/16/2015

Nicholas W.

I used them all last summer. They come out once a month during the summer. My grass looks great.

Description of Work
I used Scotts LawnService.

Category landscaping

12/03/2014

Cathy F.

They do a good job, but they are very expensive. About 250$ per application and they did it 3 times. Now one time I was out back and I don't think they knew I was home. They used a lawn seed spreader then they charged me for insecticide. When I called them on it they apologize and stated that it was an accident, then took the charge off.

Description of Work
Put weeder down, and actually do a good job of getting rid of bugs in the summertime.

11/08/2014

MARK M.

Used strictly Scotts products for the last few years on my lawn. Seed, Fertilizer,Weed Control. and Insect Control. Not really impressed with products when doing it myself. This year Scotts offered a real good price to provide service. Had them provide lawn service this year. Yard was full of weeds. Not very green in some areas. Scotts slow to respond to calls and voice mails. Had their work examined by expert. Found they were missing parts of the property with applications. When you ask them about this, their reply was its weed control they promise, not elimination. It would be nice if they used weed control in the first place. Surprised no follow-up by management since I live down the road from Scotts HQ. It seems Scotts is about marketing more than lawn maintenance.

Description of Work
Season Lawn Service. Fertilizer and Weed Control

09/25/2014

Sheri M.

Scott's Lawn Service did EXCELLENT work on our lawn. They applied all their treatments necessary for the season, our lawn looks beautiful! Very happy with their service and products.

Description of Work
Scott's Lawn Service provided me with a full season of lawn care, which began in March/April 2014 and will end in October/November 2014.

06/23/2014

Nicholas W.

So far so good. Make sure you negotiate the pricing and do not let the pushy sales person force you to do something you do not want to do.

Description of Work
We joined scotts after trugreen did not live up to their word on services nor customer service. So far the fertilization and weed protection Scotts provided has been good. We will see how it goes as I do not like to do an auto renewal and I stated that they must call prior and get verbal confirmation from me prior to doing another service outside of the year I paid for. Normally this is where these lawn services fail. They say there service is continuos because they send a letter. This is not the case. I hope they do as they said and I will continue to use them. The lawn is looking really good and I am not having any of the weed problems I had when using TruGreen.

08/26/2013

Pamela B.

They come and do the work. We don't have to be home during the service, so we don't interact with them a lot. My only complaint is the persistent phone calls we receive of them trying to up sell our current package.

Description of Work
They treat our lawn for crab grass.

07/27/2013

Steve P.

Treatment has been good throughout this summer. Main problem was dandelions and those have been gone since the first treatment back in May.

Description of Work
Lawn treatment - third treatment in a series

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

03/29/2013

Pat H.

They gave a good estimate. They come out and analyze the grass. Once they find the problem, they take care of it. The price was okay. They come out when required. They provide regular service.

Description of Work
Scotts Lawn Service came out and put down three applications weed killer, pesticide and fertilizer.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

12/19/2012

Bryan J.

I have tried many lawn service providers, and have been disappointed in most of them. While Scott's charges a little more than most, it is worth it to have a service provider that is reliable and professional.

Description of Work
I have Scott's treat my lawn and also had them aerate my lawn this year.

04/24/2012

James C.

We have a contract with them. They come to the house twice a year. I feel their price is a little high.

Description of Work
We use them for pest control services, lawn fertilization, and lawn treatment.

04/16/2012

Jeffrey C.

They seem to do a good job. We don’t know when they come out. They just leave a bill on the door. They come when they are supposed to come.

Description of Work
We have been using Scotts LawnService for lawn care for years. They come periodically.

03/15/2012

Julie K.

I was not happy with them at all. They were local. Prior to the young man who did work on our lawn, he was nice, pleasant and really tried but wasn’t good but prior to that the people who came out were very rude. I had a phone call where they were calling around for type of discount and a type of an application. I said that I was not the person to speak to and I told them that I was not sure whether I would go along with it and had to call back another time. The guy got real cocky with me and started asking me these questions like do you know how grass grow and it was all stupid questions. You could hear all his friends in the back laughing about the questions and I just kept saying I didn’t know and that’s not my job to know. I didn’t know who it was and I had told eventually that I needed to speak to a manager and he told that he was the manager and that’s when I told that I don’t want to have their service as they are treating me with disrespect. So I didn’t like them from the first bid. They would get here so early that I didn’t know what they had done. They spray the regular fertilizer and if paid for extra or paid for aerations or sometimes paid for grub control but the standard service was just a fertilizer and sometime to rejuvenate the lawn, weed killer and this last time I had such strange grass appear that wasn’t whatever it was supposed to be. I was thinking that I had mushrooms appearing all over and there were lot of ground spots. The technician was good but if your product is not good then what can be done. I just have been dissatisfied with the last three years. They never called before they came. They put the solution on when they were supposed and weren’t that late for the seasons as they knew the seasons. SO there was not issue with that. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
I used Scott's Lawn Service for landscaping like plain the lawn and fertilizing was during the fall in September.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

06/15/2011

Samant K.

As a national vendor, they also have lawn care products and a partnership with a pest control provider. I am pleased with their services.

Description of Work
They did tree and shrub maintenance.

Category lawn service, tree service

05/09/2011

FORREST W.

They don’t promptly return phone calls or respond to any of my request. I’ve been trying to reach them for a month.

Description of Work
I have been calling for an estimate.

03/31/2011

Jaime D.

We signed up for a seasonal rate and because of that we pay $40.50 a month. I haven’t used the other pest control facilities which they have, apart from lawn pest control. They seem really good. They are good at keeping up to date on any issues and follow up on any questions and concerns. The very first treatment they put down a heavy weed control. He didn’t know in the paper work that I would see yellowing. I thought he meant the weeds yellowing but the back yard yellowed. I was wondering why this happened. He told me that this type of grass is not normally meant to have any kind of a pesticide on it or a weed cellar on it, and so he followed up with a really heavy fertilizer in the next visit. The first visit was to get rid of all the weed which he did a really good job. The second visit was the fertilizer and it’s still turning green. So it’s not yet finished greening up yet but it’s gotten a lot better. I would use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Scotts Lawn Service Corporate Headquarters for pest control. I last used their services on March 9th. They did lawn treatment which includes fertilizing and pest control. It is basically anything to keep the lawn green and anything associated to that. They keep the grass green and healthy. They deal with just the lawn problems. They deal with lawn pest control and they check there’s nothing around the house.

01/28/2011

BILL C.

Scotts Lawn are reliable. They are a very good company that's run well. They have a very good reputation. They are very polite and professional as well. They do a good job.

Description of Work
Scotts Lawn do lawn fertilizing for me.

06/30/2009

JENNIFER M.

They called me to ask to switch over to their service. They offered to schedule an appointment and service. I asked them to call because I was not sure if I was going to cancel my current lawn service. They never called and just came and performed services. I called them and told them to cancel the service and not come out. They came out again and I called them back they stated they would have the local branch call to take care of it. The orginal sales person was Phil. They never did. I recently was sent a bill and turned over to collection. I spoke with Nona from the corporate office and she stated she would have the charges credited and take care of the problem. It seems like a scam and think other members should know how they do business.

Description of Work
They performed to lawn treatments which I did not order. They had me estimated 7000 sq. ft., but my lawn is 12000 sq. ft.

06/22/2009

SCOTT T.

It has been over three weeks. I have not received an analysis or anything else from Scotts. I'm surprised that no one has called to follow up, or try to make a sale.

Description of Work
Even though I fertilize and apply weed control, my lawn still has tons of weeds. I decided to try a professional lawn service. I called Scotts Lawn to request a lawn analysis and price quote. The person I spoke took down all of my info. She said they'd send someone within 48 hours. She went on to say that if I was not home, they would leave a quote and other info about their services at my front door.

03/30/2009

Christian M.

Scotts Lawn Service was good. My husband was happy with their service.

Description of Work
I used Scotts Lawn Service to fertilize and clean debris from our yard.

07/23/2008

CURT M.

Very good. Every-time they come out they put a sign on it letting us and everybody else know it had been treated, lets us know what they did, any problem areas that need to be watched, that sort of thing.

Description of Work
We get 6-7 treatments a year; with fertilizer and a weed and feed, dandelion treatment.

Jones Topsoil Co

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645.

Weed Man - Columbus North

For more than 45 years, Weed Man Lawn Care has striven to create outdoor yards and landscapes that you call home. Our integrated services provide you with a peace of mind that allows you to unwind in the comfort of your yard, knowing that you’ve created a safe and healthy environment for entertaining your neighbors, playing catch with your kids or letting your pets romp carefree through the grass. Our professional lawn care services also result in increased property values, a must in today’s economy. We know lawn care and we tailor our programs uniquely for your lawn. Our lawn care program includes fertilization – with our exclusive blend of fertilizers – weed/insect/disease management as well as aeration and seeding. We guarantee our services. To find out more about any of our services, click below or call your local Weed Man professional today for a custom lawn analysis and a program designed to keep your lawn healthy and vigorous. Additional email - columbus.nw@weedmanusa.com. if (BADGEBOX) BADGEBOX.PlaceBadge();COLUMBUS lawn service

Landscapes By Terra, Inc

At Landscapes by Terra, we pride ourselves on creating beautiful and functional outdoor spaces that enhance the lives of our clients. Our team of experienced designers and craftsmen are committed to delivering high-quality work and exceptional customer service. Whether you're looking to add a patio, walkway, retaining wall, or outdoor kitchen, we have the skills and expertise to bring your vision to life. We also offer a range of other services, including lawn and garden maintenance, tree care, and snow removal. Our goal is to help you create the perfect outdoor space for your home and lifestyle. We are dedicated to delivering stunning results that will add value to your property and bring joy to your life. If you're ready to transform your outdoor space, contact Landscapes by Terra today. We would be happy to discuss your ideas and provide a free consultation and quote.

Offers Coupon

Satisfaction

Lawn care, grass and soil, thatch and turf density, mowing and watering, disease, compaction, moles and pet damage, grassy weeds, tree & shrub care, landscape, mulch delivery and installation, pest, insect and disease control, irrigation, aeration & fertilizers.