Northeast Ohio Fence & Deck, Inc

Founded 1981 • With Angi since June 1998

14855 Broadway Ave Bldg 200

Maple Heights, OH 44137

We are a Multiple Year Super Service Award Winning Company. We take great pride in taking care of our customers and installing Fence & Decks like we are installing them at our own home. We as Team NEO want to be a contractor that you will want to review! Offers full financing or 1/3-1/2 down. Additional contact name - Jim (Owner), Bob, Hank Dan and Ron (Sales Team) and Tara ( Customer Service) . Additional DBAs - Northeast Ohio Fence & Deck Co...

fence company (274)driveway gate installation (38)decks & porches (28)dog fencing (17)concrete repair (6)pressure washing (1)deck cleaning (1)

01/30/2021

Jennifer C.

I did not hire them. Too high of price.

Description of Work
Chain Link Fencing

Category concrete repair,fencing

Work Completed On 01/30/2021

11/11/2020

Brian B.

We had originally gotten a quote with Ron back in the end of June and signed our contract in July. We were told it would be 6-8 weeks which I’m was fine because we weren’t in a rush. Then everything got messed up with COVID and it ended up being a little longer due to the wood shortage. The only negative I have about that is the lack of communication letting us know it would be pushed back. I had to call multiple times to get an answer. Again, it wasn’t a problem but I appreciate when people just communicate with me about progress or setbacks. Last week, November 3 they sent out a crew of young men to set the posts and remove the old fencing. While the posts they set were great and I had no issues with that, they left a ton of posts still in the ground and a mess on our side yard. They left rolled up fencing and metal poles along with tons of the little spirals of fencing all around our yard. We had the salesmen back out to verify that they would be removing the stumps of the old fence they left as it didn’t seem like they should have left them. He agreed that they would be removed and he was not happy with their cleanup either. We had the final fence install yesterday, November 10 and I am beyond thrilled with their work. They were amazing! This crew was so easy to work with and they really did an excellent job. Buddy walked me around our property and made sure I knew what would be taken care of. Nick and Joe were also awesome! They had to deal with a hard neighbor and handled it very well and professional. It was such a different experience with these three gentleman than we had last week with the other crew. They cleaned up all their mess and ended up fixing the mistakes of the last crew too. You can tell that they treated my property like it was their own. We are so thrilled with how great our fence looks and I would recommend them in a heartbeat! Thank you Buddy, Nick and Joe! You are 5 stars in my book!

Description of Work
Privacy Fence and Driveway Gate

Category fencing,dog fence,driveway gates

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

Review for Northeast Ohio Fence & Deck, Inc - 14855 Broadway Ave, Maple Heights, OH - 39016491

Thank you very much for the review. The demo and post set of the construction project definitely is the messy part. I will make sure the crews are informed to clean up better. We do try and make sure everything is cleaned up as much as possible before we leave. It is hard to understand your home becomes a construction site. We’re glad the finish crew got the job done to your expectations! Thanks again! Jim NEO Fence

11/06/2020

Ethan H.

The work that was performed looks very good - but the communication was, and continues to be, very poor. After we accepted the quote we were told 4-5wks on the job to begin, but the job took 13wks. I honestly didn't care that the work was delayed because of Covid, I was in no rush. What I cared very much about was the fact I had to personally call in multiple times to get my own updates as to when the work would begin instead of the other way around. I then had more fence installed to complete the entire job on my property. You called me a day prior and said you would be out the next day to finish, and you never showed up...no call or anything, radio silence. After this was finally completed I received the invoice and an email stating you would just charge the card on file, to which I responded and said no problem and asked for the receipt to confirm the payment. The money was withdrawn out of my account, no receipt was provided. Fast forward a few days and I receive a call asking when I would be paying the invoice! I inform you the money came out almost 2 wks prior and to this very moment I still have yet to have any confirmation that this was resolved. Again, happy with the install, very displeased with the communication.

Description of Work
Backyard fence install

Category fencing,dog fence

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed] glad your pleased with the installation and your fence. Definitely a trying year with Covid. At times overwhelmed with volume of calls and emails. We do try to communicate as much as possible. Dealing with Cities and Material Suppliers this year due to Covid we were not getting back the the information to pass along to our customers mostly because they were closed or working remotely. We appreciate the feed back and will try and get better. Thanks Jim Randall NEO Fence

08/28/2020

Marlane W.

Left numerous messages, never returned my calls.

Description of Work
New fence for back yard.

Category dog fence

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

You contacted us on 8/18/2020 at 3:03 pm. We contacted you 8/19/20 at 7:26 am. The girls answer the phone Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm. If you want a estimate call between those hours and as for Heather to schedule. Please read reviews of actual work that was done. We appreciate all our Angie’s List customers and our A rating. Thanks Jim Randall NEO Fence & Deck

08/25/2020

Carol S.

necessary for me to cancel appointment

Description of Work
side fence

Category dog fence,driveway gates

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

05/12/2020

Pat D.

they called and i sent pictures. They told me they would get back to me the next day. No phone call. Its been 2 weeks

Description of Work
Fence repair/replaced

Category dog fence

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

We’re backed up do to Covid-19 Pandemic and the weather. Please read reviews of actual work performed. We will be refusing this job. Thank you!

04/16/2020

alex B.

It went well. The fence took 2 days to install. Day one set the posts and a week later after the concrete dried they finished the rest. Fence looks really nice and before you read on I want to be clear. They really did a nice job from what I can tell. Fence looks great and I would definitely hire them again. With that being said there is always room for improvement, so the only reason they got a B and not an A. - I was very clear that I wanted to be there when they came out to set the posts. The main office calls me the day before saying "we will be out tomorrow to start the job". Well they got lucky that I happened to be available that day or the response would have been no. - I think they could have made my job of cleaning up the job site a little easier if there was less concrete spilled onto things. It is like pulling gum out of hair to get dried concrete out of the grass and hosing / brushing it off the posts. I've never done a lot of pouring concrete so maybe its the best that could be done, I don't know. - The contract states balance due upon completion and I guess I didn't take that literally enough because they charged my card without my authorization immediately upon completion. Personally I don't think that is right. There should be a phone call involved here or something should have been said when I made the down payment. What if I didn't want the remaining balance on that card? What if you just over-drafted my account? Why and how are you storing my card info? Maybe this all just due to my own ignorance but NEO Fence if you read this maybe consider making a change in this regard. Salesman gets an A, I contacted Heather that I wanted a fence and we set up a day for Scott the sales rep to come out and discuss the job / answer any questions. Scott was on time, called me he was on his way and texted me upon arrival just as I asked. I would say he certainly had the skills of a salesman. He was personable, friendly, and answered all my questions no issues. After he left I had follow up questions and he did a good job of getting back to me very quickly even if it was after normal business hours.

Description of Work
Installed 218ft cedar picket fence, 4ft tall for $4200

Category fencing,dog fence

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

Review for Northeast Ohio Fence & Deck, Inc - 14855 Broadway Ave, Maple Heights, OH - 38502962

Dear Customer, Thank you for the review and your business. We all work really hard to be a good company. I apologize if the clean up wasn’t what you expected. Clean ups are part of the construction process and we always try to do our best. As for payments for residential fence they are due upon completion as stated in the contract that was signed. With that being said we don’t always run payment the same day. We run payments a couple times a week. Your payment happened to be in the 1st batch that fell on the same day of completion. It can not be our responsibility to worry about if a customer needs to change a card or if funds are available unless we’re informed prior. We’re easy to work with on all payment and payment types. Sorry for any misunderstanding. Thank you again, Jim Randall NEO Fence CO Inc

04/04/2020

Paul S.

We received a quote after a representative came to measure and go over fencing options. We were told that we would have to get the yard surveyed if we wanted a precise boundary for the fence. After the quote was received (in November) we were informed that the manufacturer may not deliver materials until January. We determined this would be okay. So, we submitted our down payment. After several weeks, we had not heard anything and our check remained not cashed. I emailed and called with no response until a week later stating that they would keep us updated. A couple months later, we finally heard that they would be cashing the down payment check and would be out within a week. We were given a date and notified our neighbors, only to be called again delaying for another week. After the installation, we were somewhat pleased with the outcome of the fence - minus an area that was very lop-sided. Also, as the contract stated, they did not remove the dirt from the digging. Additionally, our yard was littered with plastic ties and cigarette butts. This was very disappointing. I would give this company an "F" for communication, "B" for work done, and "F" for after installation. Never once did they call to see if we were happy with the work. I would warn anyone to be careful about the company that you choose for such a large and expensive project. Nevertheless, we are happy the fence is up.

Description of Work
New fence installation

Category fencing

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], Just wanted to follow up on the review. I apologize you feel the commutation was not up to par. When you contracted us in November it was explained the vinyl fence couldn’t be installed until after the first of the year and only then if the weather was warm enough. The material was ordered once you went under contract so we would have ready for the install. The survey and permit were also applied for to have done to be ready. Once the weather looked good for the install the deposit was cashed and you were scheduled. It was delayed one week do to Northeast Ohio weather. The fence was installed and looks great from the pictures and video reviewed. As for the estimator not following up, I apologize and will see what happened. The clean up is very disappointing for me to hear we work ho*** ** making sure everyone knows clean ups are just as important as the installs. We will Contact you to see if we can do anything else. We want every customer satisfied. Thank you. Jim President NEO Fence Co, Inc

01/03/2020

Sheila A.

NEO Fence quickly contacted me, and showed up to give me an estimate. They told me it would be about 3 weeks until they could install it, but it took 6 weeks. The job was then completed quickly. I am pleased with how it turned out.

Description of Work
To have my backyard fenced in, so my dogs could run around.

Category fencing,driveway gates

Work Completed On 12/16/2019

09/13/2019

Sandy L.

Couldn't put up fence where it was needed. The salesman was very truthful about everything. Would recommend this co. To every!

Description of Work
Privacy fence

Category fencing,driveway gates

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

Installations for all kinds of fencing, aluminum, vinyl, chain link, ornamental & custom. Designs and builds, custom wooden decks.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal