Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc.

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2010

164 Wyndham Drive

Maineville, OH 45039

Residential and Commercial. We are an environmentally friendly company offering high efficiency and geothermal solutions to heating, cooling, hot and chilled water. We reduce environmental impact and waste by recycling, disposing properly of materials and being efficient. We proudly participate in

10/05/2016

Cindy S.

Needless to say, I was not going to pay more after already paying $1,225 for WARRANTY repairs! Plus I didn't have working A/C for nearly all summer. I found Mr. Gruter to be very unprofessional--- hanging up on me each time I tried to talk to him about it.

Description of Work
Warranty repair was done initially, but unit stopped working within 5 weeks. Mr. Gruter had agreed to monthly payments on this job, but would not come out to repair his work until he was paid in full. When I paid him in full, he came out and couldn't get it going. Five days later I contacted him to find out why he hadn't contacted me. He informed me that now it needs a coil & valve (after not being operable all summer!), and there would be an additional fee of $1,500.

09/26/2016

Cindy S.

The repair was done, but it only worked for less than six weeks. When I called to tell Steve (the owner) to inform him that it stopped working, he said, "what do you want me to do. I tried". He said it would be a while before he could get to it, and that It wouldn't be any time soon. I was on a monthly payment plan with Steve, and he seemed to hold that against me. He said that when I payed in full, $1,225.00, he would stand behind his work. So I paid in full. He came out, said it needs a new compressor again and he'd get right back with me as to when it would be repaired. Five days later, when I hadn't heard from him, I called Steve and he informed me that now it needs a new coil & valve for an additional $1,500.00. When I told him I wouldn't pay any extra since I've already paid $1225 for parts that are all UNDER WARRANTY, he hung up on me. Throughout this process he has treated me terribly, and each I time I tried to talk to him he hung up on me. With this being one of the hottest Summers in years-- I still have no A/C and I'm out $1,225.00

Description of Work
Air conditioner repair on a 2 year old unit under warranty.

07/22/2016

George D.

Description of Work
One of the best in town Excellent work, always on time and work done right the 1st time.

11/20/2015

PAUL H.

I heard that Gruter was the "go-to" company for Bryant furnaces and their work for me confirmed this. Gruter expertly cleaned and adjusted my furnace for winter use. They replaced the 15 year old gas igniter as a preventive maintenance measure. I will contact Gruter again for all my HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Pre winter checkup on 15 year old my Bryant furance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

06/02/2015

George D.

Description of Work
Serviced heat and air. Very punctual, friendly and knowledgeable.

05/05/2015

JOHN M.

It was a mistake to hire Steve Gruter to replace the expansion tank in my boiler system. He failed to charge the tank to the boiler system pressure causing the pressure relief valve to leak. The instructions for the tank even outlines the air charging in one step of the installation process. He did not provide me with the instructions, I had to look them up online. All information online and given by local heating and cooling companies (Schibi, Jonle, Schmidt) said if you don?t charge the tank, the pressure valve will leak. That?s what the air valve is there for. I asked Steve Gruter to return and charge the tank to the proper pressure. When called the next day, Steve Gruter told me charging is not necessaryand wanted $200 to change a $20 pressure valve that was not required. When I asked him to return to charge the tank, he got angry and said ?I?m done with this? and hung up on me (twice). Sureenough, pre-charge the tank to 20 psi has remedied the issue and the PR valve no longer leaks. Steve has an abrasive personality and cannot answer simple questions from customers without getting irritated. Can't believe he treats customers this way. Stay away - avoid at all costs.

Description of Work
Steve Gruter replaced the expansion tank on my boiler system. He did not give a free estimate as mentioned in his profile. He was not upfront with his pricing. He will spring a $95 service fee never mentions until he arrives.

Category heating oil companies

[Removed members name], The expansion tanks come "charged", to the correct PSI for the boiler system and I order the tanks accordingly; they only need adjustment if you take them to areas which are way above sea level. I [Member Information Removed] over 40 years of experience, I [Member Information Removed] never been stumped on a repair or installed a boiler incorrectly. As for the service call of $95, this is standard practice. I do not charge a truck fee, mileage, etc. I [Member Information Removed] to charge for coming to a residence and business if I am making repairs, if I didn't I wouldn't be in business today! A lot of my work is from referrals, so if I was treating people like you say, I wouldn't be as busy as I am. I am sorry you feel this way!

Stay Dry Waterproofing - Columbus

Our team at Stay Dry Waterproofing has over 20 years of experience protecting homes in Columbus. Our team of experts has experience transforming any damp, musty, and wet basement into a comfortable dry living space. We use only tested products that are guaranteed to keep your home safe. Whether you have noticed water, mold, or musty odors emitting from your basement or crawl space, we can help. Stay Dry Waterproofing is Central Ohio's leader in Basement repair and drainage needs. Everything from Basement Waterproofing, Mold Remediation, Foundation Crack and Bowed Wall Repairs, Yard Drainage, and Crawlspace Encapsulation. Life time warranties, Free Estimates and zero percent financing options.

Better Choice Heating & Air Conditioning

We specialize in cleaning and maintaining your cooling and heating systems. We believe in keeping the customer informed about system performance and up-to-date with regular service. Family-owned company specializing in problem solving your heating and cooling systems.

2022 Super Service Award

Cincinnati Heating And Air Conditioning, LLC

After 20 years of working for other companies and seeing so many customers in our area overcharged and short changed, we decided it was time to start the right kind of company. Our mission is to provide our customers with more comfortable homes and workplaces with reliable service and products and maximize efficiency for lower utility bills and healthier planet. We provide top notch heating and air conditioning services for your home or office. If you are in need of maintenance or repair, or a whole new system, we're here to help make the process easy and painless and to make your home more comfortable, reliable, and efficient. Contact us today to find out if you qualify for 0% financing for 72 months on your next replacement service!

Offers Coupon

Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc.

How is Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. overall rated?

Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. is currently rated 3 overall out of 5.

What days are Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. open?

Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. is open:

What payment options does Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. provide

Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc.?

Yes, Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offer?

Gruter Heating and Air Conditioning Co. Inc. offers the following services: Full service Residential and Commercial HVAC, Geothermal, Hydronic, Generator and Tankless water heater installation, repair and maintenance. Geothermal heating, cooling, hot and chilled water. Boiler and indirect water heater. Geothermal Boiler. Radiant floor heating installation. Snow/Ice melt system installation. Automatic Backup Generator installation. Tankless Water Heater. High Velocity and Ductless heating and cooling. Piping and Gas Line. Indoor Air Quality. Duct Sealing and Diagnostics