JD Orion Tree Service LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since July 2014

4.1

1841 East Tuttle Park Rd.

Madison, OH 44057

Finding the right people to get the job done can be tricky. Dead or dying trees, loose limbs/branches can be very dangerous for not only the workers but the customers as well. At Orion Tree Services we only have skilled, well-trained and professional guys on our staff. We are licensed, bonded and

10/20/2018

Ian P.

Very professional crew removed six large dead or dying ash trees. In addition, they paid special attention to an ornamental red leaf maple that was in need of a thorough trim and shaping. Promptly provided an estimate after first visit and explained in detail what and how the work would be done. Presented proof of insurance when asked. Left the property in very clean condition. They were extremely friendly, polite and worked together like a well-oiled machine. Would heartily recommend.

Description of Work
Tree removal, tree trimming, ornamental tree TLC

07/11/2017

Eileen H.

I called the company and they came out the next day for an estimate. I contracted company to take down tree within two weeks, but they could not do it because they were too busy. After three weeks I contracted another tree service. They would not give me back my $302.50 deposit. They said they do not have to refund the deposit and I would have to go to Madison, OH to get my money back. He told me he would give me a call to set up a day and time to get refund, but never called back. We are now in small claims court.

Description of Work
Tree Service

04/18/2017

Gary B.

This was a great experience. Jon was prompt responding to my inquiry. We walked the yard together and he explained each of his recommendations thoroughly. His estimate was very reasonable; lower than others I received. We had some rain for a few days and Jon kept in touch with me every day until my yard dried up so that the work could begin. The crew was prompt and before they started work, Jon, the foreman Bill and I walked the yard again to make sure we were all on the same page. The crew was very friendly and Bill kept in touch with me throughout the day and answered all of my questions. They did a great job and cleaned up everything after they were finished. I was very satisfied with this company and I plan to use them again.

Description of Work
Removed shrubs and 4 trees. Pruned approximately 15 trees throughout my yard.

12/09/2016

Michelle W.

Gave estimate then said needed to contact city about lines running behind the tree. Have talked to him once since then and claimed still waiting to hear from the city. that was 3 weeks ago. Have left several messages and have not heard back from him. Last message I left him was to please return my call or I will be contacting other companies. Still no response. I do not recommend this company.

Description of Work
estimate

08/10/2016

Sonia G.

They kept cleaning up during and after the work was done. They only took a half hour lunch and did an excellent job. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They came in with 6 people and removed 2 large fir trees. They also removed long branches of another tree and cleaned it up with trimming.

12/15/2015

Charita S.

11/09/2015

David K.

From our experience with these people they are NOT "customer driven" as their website claims in regard to responding to our requests and questions about the job. They sent an inexperienced estimator who did not write our estimate/contract to say exactly what we wanted done. Then they ignored our requests for a new revised contract. We requested a new contract 3 times by e-mail and twice by telephone. We were verbally "brushed off" and told we did not need a new contract, and later they said they would send a new contract but did not. Our 3 e-mail requests were ignored. As a result they would not cut one limb that we thought should be included in the job according to what we told their estimator. They probably made enough money on the good size load of nice oak wood which they cut at our place to cover their expenses for cutting that one omitted limb. Also, we e-mailed 4 separate questions about the job which Orion did not answer. The tree trimming work and clean-up that were done were satisfactory, but we would not hire them again due to their refusal to give us a revised contract.

Description of Work
Trimmed large limbs off 3 trees and cleaned up the cuttings.

10/21/2015

JOHN H K.

09/21/2015

CYNTHIA L.

Jon came out and gave us an estimate on a Thursday and we scheduled the crew for the following week. He gave us the crew for the entire day, given the number of trees that were to be removed. We have a heavily wooded back yard, and we were glad to hear that Jon uses a climber instead of heavy equipment to cut down the trees. Everyone on his crew was professional and worked hard the entire day. We are very pleased with the end result and would use them again without question.

Description of Work
Removed 8+ trees and thinned out several trees.

08/28/2015

Lorin K.

Description of Work
They were punctual and did a wonderful job of cleaning up. Unfortunately a limb damaged a gutter and we were not informed. They cleared a branch that hung over on a neighbor's lawn and provided him with great clean-up also.

08/25/2015

SeJohn E.

Poorly to say the least. The person that we made contact with was pretty much a con-artist. Bragged about never having anyone in the history of the company file a complaint against them and they were BBB approved. Person bragged about having 2 million dollars of liability insurance and that any one of the persons working on the site carried $500 in cash in their pocket to instantly pay the deductible. As they cut the tree, they dropped limbs on mature plants and flowers. Once the trunk of the tree was left standing limbless, the final cut was made and the tree fell. The following morning, I spent 4 hours of my own time cleaning up what had been left of the debris and mess they had made, photos and video available.. OSHA has rules and regulations that they develop to protect employees of a company. The owner and the lead person on the site had no respect for their employees and did not provide safety equipment such as safety glasses, chaps, face shields or protective boots when cutting this tree down. When i spoke to the lead person on the site that day, he brushed it off. He spoke to one of the employees who said, "I have three years experience and I know what I am doing." OSHA would have said otherwise and citations could have been issued. Bad experience all around. I know about the safety requirements as I am an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer and have been for 30 years. No guess work here.I would neither use or recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Removed tree that was growing in front of deck.

07/27/2015

Andrea C.

I am happy to write a full review once the job is completed. Both Jon and his colleague were friendly and helpful in talking us through what needed to be done and we chose their service based on their estimate which included free spraying and removal of ivy some time in May. We are still waiting for them to complete the job in accordance with the written estimate.

Description of Work
Removed several trees and trimmed several more.

07/14/2015

MARTIN P.

Description of Work
Trimmed and removed a fallen tree branch on my neighbor's roof.

06/11/2015

Denise F.

My husband spoke with a worker passing out flyers (as they were in our neighborhood on another job). Worker was patient and professional. Explained tree health and proposed work very well. Crew doing job was efficient and cleaned yard very well. They ground and disposed of brush. All crew members were professional. Owner was extremely pleasant and caring when he discovered we were stressed with a very sick dog. I have already told friends!

Description of Work
Evaluated project plus other potential work needs to be done in future. Remove several brush piles including sizable limbs which had previously fallen during 2 - 3 year period.

Category hauling services, lawn service, tree service

04/17/2015

Roberta M.

Description of Work
They trimmed a tree in the front yard and took down a large dead tree in the back yard clearing about a quarter of an acre. They worked very hard, hauling, by hand, large tree limbs and brush. All of the workers were polite friendly and the crew leader worked as hard as any of the other employees. They cleaned up the work area. We were very pleased with the job.

10/27/2014

Clare C.

They arrived on time and worked diligently to remove the trees. They were courteous and careful to not impact any existing trees and landscaping. Clean up afterwards was also great. John was professional and alerted us to other trees that might need attention in the future.

Description of Work
Removed 3 dead ash trees and one diseased tulip tree and hauled away wood.

Category hauling services, landscaping, tree service

Hello [removed member name] Thank you for your feedback. It was great doing business with you and look forward to working with you in the future. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service. Have a blessed day! Jon and Miranda Weaks JD Orion Tree Service LLC

09/01/2014

Anthony L.

Initial contact and quoting process was professional and informative. We agreed on the work that needed to be done and they quoted the job. They scheduled the job with me at that time and gave me a receipt of the work they quoted. They called a week ahead of the scheduled job and said they could do the work earlier if that fit my schedule. We agreed on the date. They came on the agreed upon date. My family was home but I was out of town. When I came home the next day you couldn't tell any tree work had been done (other than the removed trees and butts). They followed up with me to make sure I was happy with their work. We had agreed they would be back to grind the stumps at a later date which I was fine with. I have other work that needs to be done and I will have Orion quote the job when they come back to do the stumps. If pricing is in line (like the last job) they will get the work.

Description of Work
Cut down multiple trees - all sizes (one very big), two large butt cuts, and clear surrounding areas.

Category tree service

Thank you for all your kind words. We are always happy with a satisfied costumer. It was a pleasure doing business with you and look forward to the growth of our relationship not only with you, but with our community. You will be hearing from us soon, have a blessed day. Jon and Miranda Weaks JD Orion Tree Service

Junk Tossers, LLC

Here at Junk Tossers LLC, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. We are experts in our trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We look forward to earning your business. Bulk Junk Removal, Estate and Whole House Clean Out, Storage Locker Clean Out, Demolition, Shed Removal. We offer reasonable prices and scheduling. All work is tailored to the particular needs of every customer. Truck size and equipment are selected per job to save customers money. We help customers clean up and restart their lives moving forward. This is an owner-operated business.

Award 2022
    Offers by Junk Tossers, LLC on Angi
    Ohio Junk Force

PLEASE CALL (888) 998-5865 TO SCHEDULE YOUR SERVICE. We specialize in junk removal. We are a Cleveland owned and operated company that specializes in the removal of junk, rubbish, and trash from homes, apartments, warehouses, businesses, and government properties. We remove old furniture, construction waste, yard waste, old appliances, rubbish, and just about any other thing you might have that is not hazardous. We will remove as little as one item to multiple truck loads of items. In addition to junk hauling we also do light demolition. We can remove such things as decks, fences, hot tubs, and small sheds. Relax, we do all the loading, lifting, bagging and cleaning. You just have to point out the junk and then watch us do the work. When we are done, we even sweep up! We ensure your satisfaction before leaving your premises. We're helping the environment too. We do our part for the environment by donating and recycling more than 50% of all items collected. That means less junk is going to the landfill! The Three easy steps to junk, trash and rubbish removal Ohio junk Force makes it easy to get rid of anything you have including old appliances, electronics or other household items. We remove almost anything with a few exceptions (hazardous waste). Step One: Call us today for a free quote: 1-888-998-JUNK (5865), or contact us online (www.OhioJunkForce.com). We will give you a free, up-front, no obligation, guaranteed price quote. Step Two: We lift, load, sweat, and clean-up while you relax. Step Three: We ensure your complete satisfaction before leaving! Why wait, call us and live junk free today!

DC Tree & Landscape Design

Tree service company family owned and operated, we treat our customers like family not just a transaction. Three generations of arborists also including horticulture, Botany, and landscape professionals. There’s no job too big or small! 24/7 emergency removals, standard removals, pruning/deadwood, hauling, stump grinding and or advice! Call or text anytime for questions wants or needs.

Award 2022

We offer all aspects of tree service year round and snow removal during the winter months.

Ask for details.