Patio Enclosures

Founded 2011 • With Angi since June 2000

4.3

700 East Highland Road

Macedonia, OH 44056

Patio Enclosures® brand sunrooms, solariums and screen rooms have been trusted by homeowners since 1966 and are renowned for their exceptional quality and craftsmanship. But what our customers rave about is the way a Patio Enclosures room makes them feel! Every Patio Enclosures room is custom

03/10/2022

Monika D.

Save yourself time, frustration And money. Really honestly. I wish I never came across this company. signed our contract in april 28 2021. My “top of the line” 5 season sunroom… still not finished . Always waiting on parts, crew to come out etc. there is always an excuse with these business owners. Buyers, neighbors, friends … beware doing business which such company. Horrible communication doesn’t even do it Justice. We have had a wreck in our backyard since July 2021! It’s now March 2022 😩 Check out these photos of how the aluminum conducts the cold air through as well as the windows causing it to freeze, yes frost on inside. Now in the day when worms up, there is literal puddles on our flooring, that we are wiping down daily to absorb all the moisture. This is with us having two dehumidifiers non stop on. I mean we live in Ohio, they claim you can use this all year round. What a joke .

Description of Work
Sunroom on our home

Category awnings, sunrooms

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], We are aware of your concerns with the frost and condensation in your current room. As mentioned by the representative you spoke with, the two-way gas fireplace being used to heat this room is the root cause. In regard to the delay in completion, the color of room you selected (bronze) has faced backorders due to supply chain issues. Issues like these are affecting companies across the country now and sadly they are out of our control. According to our records, representatives from the company are scheduled to meet with you this Thursday to discuss your concerns and come up with a plan to resolve them. We thank you for your patience and we hope this meeting will allow us to address all your needs. The Patio Enclosures Team

08/04/2020

DANIEL B.

Called Patio Enclosures (Great Day Improvements, Stanek Windows) on 07-17-2020 and Mary set up an appointment for 2:00 PM on Tuesday, 08-04-2020. The appointment time passed and there was no communication from Patio Enclosures. I called and talked to Daniel, and he indicated that he was sorry, and when I tried to clarify what happened, he kept on talking over me, not letting me explain why I was calling. It was like his sales style, if you talk more and talk louder, you will make the sale. I am very disappointed with Patio Enclosures for missing the meeting, but even more disappointed in their response during my phone call.

Description of Work
We wanted to enclose one side of our front porch.

Category awnings, sunrooms

Dear [Member Name Removed], First of all, please accept our sincere apologies. It looks like the customer care specialist that you spoke with to set your initial appointment entered the wrong day and time into our system. It was an honest mistake but one that inconvenienced you and we do apologize for that. Our call center manager reached out this morning and spoke to your wife. He was able to get a design consultant out to your home today. We hope your appointment goes well. As for your concern of [Member Name Removed] speaking over you, please know that was not intentional. Recently, there appears to be a slight delay with our phone lines. [Member Name Removed] is a very professional employee and would not intentionally speak over you or any of our customers. Again, please accept our apologies for the initial experience.

12/13/2019

Steven T.

The quality and workmanship was pretty good.

Description of Work
Installed 3 season porch.

Category decks

06/16/2016

Pamela P.

First the salesman said we would have plans to approve. I had to track him down for those and insisted they come out before construction started. The salesman had screwed up the plans. I wanted glass to the floor and he had a knee wall in his plans. The foreman was very happy because he had many questions when he came out prior to installation. I asked what they would do with the bricks that needed removed where the new sunroom was going and was told the installers would stack where I wanted. When I showed the installers where they should be put they told me that wasn't their job. The exhaust fan thermostat was wired backwards and when their electrician returned to fix his error he tried to get my husband to pay him. This was 2 weeks after installation. The electrician became belligerent and my husband had to order him off our property. We had a hot water heated tile floor and air conditioner installed for this room which cost another $8,000. This room was for my elderly rescued cats that are referred to me by my vet and when the installers found out what I was using the room for they became offensive. I was very glad when they finished the installation and left. We purchased the curved glass because we have a cedar and stone contemporary and that style complimented our home. We also were given a warranty which other sunroom companies agreed with the Patio Enclosure salesman said was the best in the industry. It stated we had a lifetime guarantee as long as we owned our home. The salesman kept telling us how much this room would add to the value of our home. This Spring the 4 curved glass panels failed. They now have moisture and dirt inside the double panes and one of the panels has an obvious defect with stringy mold hanging from the glass edge approximately 2 inches short of the lower frame. Our room is 2 steps down so these failed panes are right where your eye looks out to our backyard and pond. I contacted Patio Enclosures and was told by the woman who said she would have her supervisor contact me. A man did call me back and was rude. He started the conversation by saying he was going to explain to me what the woman tried to explain to me earlier that our sunroom was not under warranty. The woman never said that, she just said she was referring it to someone else. Next day I called in and was told that I needed to speak to the General manager John. He did called me back and told me that they had bought the assets of this particular Patio Enclosures company but none of the liabilities. My warranty no longer existed. John said the technology of the curved glass failed. When we purchased this sunroom the curved glass had been out out there for years. I asked him if he wanted pictures and he said he knew what they looked like. Obviously others have this same problem now. His remedies were: 1) Replace the curved glass panels at $2500 each X 4 plus installation but no further guarantee at our expense 2) Remove the entire room at our expense 3) Have Patio Enclosures install an entirely new sunroom at our expense 4) When we go to sell the house negotiate with the new buyer that we would pay 1/2 of the expense to remedy the problem. John said he was going to check with the VP and call me back. He never did call me back. I can not recommend this company. Patio Enclosures takes your money and doesnt stand behind their product in our case. Also our exhaust fan motor failed this Spring. My husband called Patio Enclosures and they wanted $2600 to replace the entire unit. We had the motor repaired for $80 and our electrician reinstalled while at our home on another job. I welcome further dialog with this company if they care too. I notice they are offering discounts right now but couldn't call me back to try and help us. I own my own company and treat my customers way better than this.

Description of Work
installed new 4 season sunroom

04/09/2015

Sean M.

When Patio Enclosures built my sun room they made it slightly larger than the original structure that was there. This resulted in my well head being enclosed by the sun room. When the framework was up and I questioned this, they assured me that I would have easy access to my well if I ever needed. That wasn't true. In the spring of 2015 I began to have issues with my well. The company that came to work on it had major difficulties accessing the well head because of Patio Enclosures design. The well head is directly under a floor joist. Actually, they (Patio Enclosures) had to notch the joist to cover the pipe. The cap to the well could be unscrewed, but not removed. Patio Enclosures has completely stone walled me on this. They accept absolutely no responsibility for this problem. Mike the designer and John Fitzpatrick the general manager were the main two in this. On a few phone calls to them they hid behind paperwork that protects their company from their own poor design. I asked them to come out personally to view the problem and to help come up with a solution. They said they would come out, but would they would have to charge me for this privilege. They blame the permits which allowed them to cover the pipe. While this is true; it is still Patio Enclosures's original design and decision to cover the pipe with a floor joist. They also blamed the inspector. Finally, they had the gall to blame me. The papers that I signed at the end of the job apparently protect them from this sort of thing. So the actual room is fine and I have no problem with that. My issue with Patio Enclosures is their lack of integrity and their failing to properly design their product. My expenses fixing my well were made worse by Patio Enclosures design. Their poor planning created the situation and they showed a total lack of professionalism by blaming everyone but themselves. In the end, I would never suggest this company to anyone. The product is fine, but the support for that product once the project is done is not there.

Description of Work
The company replace a sun room that was damaged by a tornado back in 2011. The problem was with an issue that just arose recently.

Category remodeling, sunrooms, patios

Thank you for allowing our company to respond. The customer wished to have an existing, damaged sun porch and deck torn down and replaced with a slightly larger sunroom and new deck. The design of the larger sunroom and deck was requested and approved by the customer. Furthermore the sunroom and deck we built were permitted, inspected and approved by the Geauga County Building Department. An unfortunate circumstance occurred with the well several years after the installation of the new sunroom and deck in which the casing of the well failed and either needs to be removed and replaced (which requires a crane and a complete tear down of the sunroom and deck), or a new well needs to be dug on the property. After reviewing the photos taken of the original room that our company removed, it appears the well head in question was impeded by the original deck and sun porch as well. It is very unfortunate that the well casing on this property failed. However, our company had the approval of the customer to build the deck and room as specified and we followed all protocols in terms of permitting and inspection for this project.

01/13/2014

THOMAS K.

|The roof leaked a great deal after a rain, however, after the repair there is minimal leakage on occasional rainy days.

Description of Work
repaired leaking enclosure roof |

We strive for 100% satisfaction with our Service to our customers. You will be receiving a call from our Service Department within the next 48hrs to see how we may further assist you. Thank you for taking the time to rate the Milwaukee Branch of Patio Enclosures.

11/14/2013

Tom A.

Built and installed new patio doors. Everything was done to my expectations and the quality of the product is very good. The installation guy did an excellent job and was very professional.

Description of Work
PATIO ENCLOSURES BY GREAT DAY IMPROVEMENTS

Category doors, patios

Thank you for the great feedback. We appreciate your business.

11/10/2013

chrissy P.

I dealt with the Sales Manager John and had a very good experience from start to finish. The door looks beautiful and the work was done quick and professionally.

Category doors

donald H.

We have been very happy with the installation. Gary, the installer, was very pleasant and did all the work himself. He was very knowledgeable, efficient and answered all my questions well. He was able to finish the job in a reasonable time. They followed up to make sure I was satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
They put in an entry door, a storm door and all the parts to that it.

Category doors

Leland T.

The windows are just beautiful. We really liked the salesmen, Vick, and his recommendations on the windows. The workers were very professional and knowledgeable. There were about 6 workers and it took two days to complete the work. I did not have any complaints. If i did have a question, they certainly had a lot of patient and answered them all very well. They arrived on time every day as well.

Description of Work
They installed 5 large windows in the great room and 4 smaller windows in the basement. We also had the windows stained.

William O.

The awning was delivered and installed on schedule. The workers were professional and knew what they were doing. They even modified a downspout that was not in the original work order at no extra charge. We used the awning almost daily during the fall and are very satisfied with the performance and the installation. I only had rough estimates from other vendors so I cannot make a direct cost comparison. I chose Patio Enclosures since I was happy with the porch enclosure that they installed about 18 years ago.

Description of Work
Patio Enclosures supplied and installed a 27 foot Durasol - Onyx awning with a 6 foot extension on our enclosed back porch. The awning has a remotely controlled motor for deploying and retracting it.

Category awnings

ELAINE & CARL F.

They were great to work with. They were thorough and the quality is first rate. They are a top notch company. I received three estimates for the work and they were the lowest of the estimates. They did everything they could to make sure the job turned out perfectly.

Description of Work
They made custom made windows for us. They also installed the twelve windows.

CAROL T.

The service turned out great. Once I purchased the window it took about a month for them to install the window. There was an issue with the scheduling, I had scheduled it for Wednesday because it is my day off. When they did not show up I called and they said I was scheduled for Thursday. I had to spend a lot of time on the phone and could not get someone to solve the problem so I was forced to take a half day off of work. The salesman was great. He was not in a hurry, not pushy and answered all my questions. He was polite and dressed nicely.

Description of Work
They installed one window that is around 4 feet by 4.5 feet.

J W.

We worked with one technician who was very nice over the course of a month. The quality of the product is extremely high and they are very careful in their work. We are pleased with the service.

Description of Work
They replaced three screens that were torn and bent. They also installed five custom made windows.

09/24/2013

william C.

The quality of the actual enclosure is adequate but not spectacular and I do not think it was worth the money we paid. We wanted a deck for the enclosure to set on. Deck included steps, required railings. While deck was being built we did not have a way to access the back yard for our three dogs, so we were anxious for the work to move along quickly once the deck work was begun. We were told by the Patio Enclosure salesman that they did NOT contract out work. Well, I fell for that line. I will not detail the disaster that went with building the deck, It took months, the work is sloppy, workmen left cigarettes butts all over the yard, never came when we expected them to. None of the caps that go on the posts for the deck railing were glued down even though each cap came with a little tube of glue (Workmen snapped those up and took them home with them). the screws for the deck planks are all different depths, some almost all the way through the plank. I wanted wider steps, supervisor refused (by that time I just wanted a way to get out of our house I was do disgusted). Patio Enclosure never contacted us to see how things were Patio going, we had to deal with the workmen ourselves. Even when I called Patio Enclosure to complain, no one from the company every came out. We were promised a final "walkthrough" to be sure we were satisfied with everything, no one from Patio Enclosures ever came.

Description of Work
we wanted a three season sunroom attached to house. Work required moving a outside spa, building a deck to place the enclosure on

09/20/2013

Christopher G.

Sale, installation and final product were done exactly how we wanted them to be done. Salesman, installers and stainer were all very professional and punctual. For the price, you get your best bang for your buck with these windows. Price is higher than most replacement windows, but the quality is superior to the real well known brands (i.e. Pella and Anderson). We were very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Stanek Windows replaced the front bow window (5 windows) with stain and wooden casings, and replaced 4 windows on the back of the house with wooden casings and stain.

Category replacement windows

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a positive review. We are so glad that you had a good experience working with us.

08/06/2013

Denise V.

I really like the actual work crew that came to do work. They are not so friendly and helpful when you call for service in their office but otherwise, the work that was done and the crew that came out to do the work, they were fantastic.

Description of Work
I used Patio Enclosures by Great Day Improvements to do patio enclosure room.

08/05/2013

EARLIE E.

Salesman arrived on time provided the estimate as requested in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Provider gave me an estimate for 13 replacement windows

07/19/2013

Tony L.

the cost of the Have several windows that the heat mirror i curling up inside the window, an obvious defect in material. Called the warranty department and was informed they would not honor the lifetime warranty of the Stanek Windows as stated when I purchased them. Even on their website they claim the windows come with a lifetime material warranty and a fee for labor, which was never the case when it was Stanek Windows. They will not even honor that part of the warranty and want the cost of the material as well as the labor to be paid. What was once a wonderful local company since the 1950's this company has manged to destroy the reputation in a few months. Just search the internet of numerous complaints of the same nature. If this is the way they do business now there are other manufacturers better to deal with.

Description of Work
This company purchased the Stanek Windows company and will not honor the warranty for those who purchased the windows when Stanek was locally owned. They keep selling and using the Stanek name but the warranty for anyone who purchased windows before 2013, forget it.

Category sunrooms

Stanek Vinyl Window Company, LLC, the company you purchased your windows from, no longer manufactures, sells or installs windows. In January 2013, Great Day Improvements, LLC acquired the operating assets only of the Stanek Vinyl Window Company under a secured party asset agreement. Great Day Improvements, now manufactures custom vinyl windows under the Stanek Windows brand name in its state- of-the art facility in Macedonia, Ohio. While Great Day Improvements is under no legal obligation to assume the warranty claims for any past Stanek Vinyl Window Company customers, service can still be performed on existing windows at a reasonable cost and we are happy to provide that service. Please call our service department at 216-271-3951 for scheduling. We understand that the window business is extremely competitive and you have many choices as it pertains to windows and other home improvements. We are confident you will find our costs very fair and our professional staff exceptionally knowledgeable. For additional information about Great Day Improvements, LLC, visit www.greatdayimprovements.com. Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have further concerns, please reach out to me directly. Sincerely, Bill Goddard | VP of Sales | 330-468-7168 | bill.goddard@greatdayimprovements.com

07/18/2013

Lynn S.

They will not honor Stanek Windows free service guarantee, yet they continue to use the Stanek name. They have chosen to make the Stanek customers pay for something they basically paid for when they purchased their windows. I paid more for Stanek windows because of the guarantee. Now Great Day wants me to pay for a service call that I was told would be free when I bought the windows. It feels like a rip off to me, and I think it is wrong.

Description of Work
I purchased Stanek windows about 6 years ago. They came with a lifetime guarantee for parts and service. Apparently Great Day has purchased the assets of Stanek windows, and will honor the parts guarantee, but not the service guarantee. They want to charge me $100 to come out and snap a piece back into place.

Category sunrooms

Stanek Vinyl Window Company, LLC, the company you purchased your windows from, no longer manufactures, sells or installs windows. In January 2013, Great Day Improvements, LLC acquired the operating assets only of the Stanek Vinyl Window Company under a secured party asset agreement. Great Day Improvements, now manufactures custom vinyl windows under the Stanek Windows brand name in its state- of-the art facility in Macedonia, Ohio. While Great Day Improvements is under no legal obligation to assume the warranty claims for any past Stanek Vinyl Window Company customers, service can still be performed on existing windows at a reasonable cost and we are happy to provide that service. Please call our service department at 216-271-3951 for scheduling. We understand that the window business is extremely competitive and you have many choices as it pertains to windows and other home improvements. We are confident you will find our costs very fair and our professional staff exceptionally knowledgeable. For additional information about Great Day Improvements, LLC, visit greatdayimprovements.com. Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have further concerns, please reach out to me directly. Sincerely, Bill Goddard | VP of Sales | 330-468-7168 | bill.goddard@greatdayimprovements.com

04/15/2013

Anthony A.

Yes, I would hire this company for a future job.

Description of Work
Patio Enclosures replaced my existing older single pane sliders with new thermal high efficiency sliders.

04/15/2013

Nancy C.

They were exrremely professional in every way. Cleaned up and took the mess with them. Showed up when they said they would, etc. We would absolutely hire them for a future job.

Description of Work
We have a log home with two large covered porches, and they enclosed one of them with glass panels similar to sliding glass doors (with screens), but custom built to fill the space between the upright supports for the existing roof. The quality of the work was outstanding. Because our house is built of logs, they had to construct cedar panels custom fitted to the spaces where the logs overhang on the corners at both ends where the glass meets the log walls and along the top where the panels join to the ceiling. They also built a custom fitted triangular window to fill the space between the ceiling and the top of the panel at the end of the porch.

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

04/12/2013

IANE R.

I would absolutely hire them again for a future job.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof on my Patio Enclosure.

Category roofing, sunrooms

04/11/2013

Rita K.

They then merged with Great Day Improvements; we had them come out last year to put in a ventilation fan. I can’t say we had the best service. It is working now and hopefully we don’t have to call them back. We were displeased with them trying to get that unit working completely. It took more time for them coming out than we would have liked.

Description of Work
We’ve had them come out a couple times. The first time we used them, in 2004, we were very pleased. They replaced the atrium due to leakage. They were not the original installers of the atrium. Since that company was not in service any longer, we then went to Patio Enclosure. It turned out very good and we were very happy with it.

04/11/2013

John M.

It was wonderful. They were very conscientious, thorough and professional.

Description of Work
On our request they came back and looked at the foundation. We originally thought the foundation was suitable to build. However, they determined it was not. They tore out the old foundation, built a new foundation and then installed the patio enclosure.