Ebel's Installations, Inc.

Macedonia, OH 44056

7 Employees and no subs.

12/20/2019

JILL C.

Work was never done. We scheduled the installers a month out, specifically because we are not yet living in the house where they are doing the work and have to drive to meet them. They called the day before to give us a delivery window of 2-5pm, and re-confirmed the day of delivery. At 3pm we received a call confirming a reschedule for the next day. We had not requested this, as we were waiting to meet the installers. She was sure someone from my husband’s phone had called and requested this, even though we said we were sure this wasn’t the case. The scheduler said that someone would still be able to be there by 5pm. Not feeling confident, we called back at 3:45 to re-confirm someone would be there by 5pm and they said yes. At 4:55, they called and said the crew wouldn’t get there until 6:30pm. Instead of owning up to the fact that they messed up earlier in the day and they didn’t have a crew ready to cover us, they tried to blame us and had us waste our time. We are taking our business elsewhere.

Description of Work
Recommended by Interstate Kitchen Supply to install the dishwasher and microwave we purchased from Interstate in our new townhome.

09/11/2019

William D.

I am very disappointed with my experience with Ebel's today. When I made the initial appointment, the lady said I would be called in advance to allow time to get home from work. That did not happen - the guy called me from my driveway and I had to abruptly leave work and hurry home - so much stress. Then when I got home, the guy said that I had to have my duct modified for the new hood. He said his company was not able to handle complex ducting (In my case through the roof) and could only handle ducting on an exterior wall. However, Ebel's website lists installation and repair of ducting as a service and a review on Angies List states someone had "vertical ducting to roof exterior, installation of roof cap, custom cutting of stainless steel duct surround and re-texturing of vaulted ceiling surrounding duct." which seems to be exactly what I needed. Why was I told they couldn't do my similar job? I had to leave work for half a day only to be told they were only able to handle simple installations? He offered to install the hood which would vent to the interior of the house (He said I could use a carbon filter which to me seemed like a joke) - What's the use of installing a vent if I can't duct to the outside ? I sure won't be calling this company again. I don't care if this company doesn't want to do the work - it is their decision - just don't seriously inconvenience me and waste half my workday in the process. From now on, I will never leave work for an estimate. If a provider requires that, I'll just call a different provider who is willing to provide an estimate around my schedule - they're working for me, I'm not working for them. There are sure many competitors.

Description of Work
Range Vent Hood Installation

Category home remodeling, metal restoration

05/08/2018

MIESHA H.

The price was less than the Home Depot installation. The guys arrived on time. They gave good advice about the dishwasher. They were kind in addition to professional.

Description of Work
Good experience.

Category appliance repair, insulation

11/01/2017

Eric T.

Ebel's provided a comprehensive and thorough review of the project scope and work flow prior to execution - project ultimately included three (3) sub-contractors. Ebel's (and subs) performed the following work: relocation of existing HVAC duct, demo of existing microwave and cabinet, finish carpentry, installation of range hood, vertical ducting to roof exterior, installation of roof cap, custom cutting of stainless steel duct surround and re-texturing of vaulted ceiling surrounding duct. End result: a flawlessly executed, professional installation, with superior customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Ebel's Installations was a referral from Snow Bros. (Cleveland, OH) to facilitate installation of a Zephyr kitchen range hood (purchased from Snow Bros.) with ducting through attic to roof exterior.

Category electrician, roofing, appliance sales, home remodeling, cabinet refacing, metal restoration

01/28/2016

XIAOLI T.

We contacted Ebel at the recommendation of Snow Bors Appliance where we purchased our new stove. They came out first time and checked out the line. Recommended us wait until the stove was in to make sure the work is necessary so we don't spend money on something not needed. Once the stove was in and we saw some modification was needed. We contacted them again. They came out vey quickly, did the work. On time, tidy. Everything was great. The guy did the work was very professional and easy to work with. .

Description of Work
Modified gas line and connected to our new stove.

Category appliance repair, plumbing, appliance sales

06/07/2015

Qiong H.

Very professional company and crew. They came in to give an estimate two years ago. I decided to move forward this year and pleasantly discovered that they still have my file, so no need for a revisit. The team who came in to estimate and to install are different people, and they are all very professional and friendly. Adam and Jim are the installers. They are very careful and efficient, definitely knowing their work. The price is fair, because I got a couple of quotes for half price. But Ebel's reputation and professionalism won me over. We were told that crew would come 10-12:30, and they showed up around 1:30pm due to an unexpected complexity in the earlier project. My husband happened to have a business trip scheduled at the same day, so he was a little annoyed, especially not knowing the exact time they would show up. Overall, we are very happy about the work, and we will definitely use this company for future projects.

Description of Work
Installed under-cabinet range hood (external ventilation) and stainless steel backsplash.

05/13/2015

RAYMOND & PAULA W.

It went very well. I have used Ebel's before and will do so again. The crew took extra care to make sure the kitchen floor was protected and, while wiping smudges off the unit gave me some helpful advice on keeping a stainless surface clean. They were professional, friendly and prompt; took a few complications in stride and made the job stress-free for me.

Description of Work
Delivered and installed a new dishwasher and took out the old one and took it away.

01/28/2015

Matthew F.

After calling around to a number of providers, and finding no one who did cooktop installations, Wolf Appliance gave me the name of Ebel's. I called yesterday morning, they came right away the same day in the afternoon within the window of time they offered. The guys were friendly, did a great job, cleaned up after themselves, and charged a fair amount. I will definitely call them again!

Description of Work
Installation of electric cooktop

Category appliance repair, electrician

12/16/2014

James W.

We called our Angie's List appliance repairman when our 20-yr-old double-oven stopped working 10 days before Thanksgiving. When he informed us that it was beyond repair, he recommended Ebel's Installations for appliance installation service. We had recently replaced our dishwasher with one purchased from a big-box store, using the store installers. We had had to have modifications made 3 times before the dishwasher was properly installed--we did not want a repeat of that experience. When I called the Ebel's scheduler, she was wonderfully helpful, squeezing us in before Thanksgiving. An estimator came to the house 2 days later to look at the cabinet size, wiring, etc. to make sure the new model we had selected would be workable. He gave us a range for the estimate, based on whether it would be a standard install or if some customization to our cabinet would be needed. The installers come on Tuesday before Thanksgiving. They kept us updated on their arrival time, as they were somewhat delayed by their previous appointments. Once they were at our home, they got to work quickly. When the old ovens were removed, they explained the additional carpentry work that would be needed and we agreed. When the installation was finished, everything looked perfect. You could not tell that an alteration had been made to the cabinet. They made sure the ovens were properly aligned vertically and there were no gaps between the ovens and the cabinet. It was a first-class job! And they charged us only the high-end of the estimate, even though an additional electrical part was needed that wasn't included in the original estimate. They hauled away the old ovens and cleaned up well after finishing their work. I will never again use the big-box installers. Ebel's will be my first call when I need an appliance installed.

Description of Work
Install a double wall-mount oven purchased from a separate appliance dealer.

09/09/2014

Steve S.

Ebel's was recommended by Snow Brothers, where I bought my new cooktop. The installers came out prior to my purchase to measure and quote the installation. There was no charge for this visit. They were very thorough, measuring everything and checking all the gas, electric, and ventilation hookups. They also were happy to talk with me about other options I was considering (including a telescoping downdraft and a standard ceiling vent. They were very knowledgeable and happy to share their opinions and provide rough estimates for other options. Installation was $135 which included delivery of the new unit, removal of the old one, and all installation. For $35 more they installed a gas shutoff valve in the cabinet. They arrived on time and did a clean, professional job. They gave treats to my dog and were again very friendly and full of good information. Before leaving they gave me good advice about cleaning my new appliance (the installer also has a similar cooktop and recommended using WD40 to keep the stainless clean). The installation looks great and all the connections are clean and sealed. I think $135 was a no-brainer for the pre-visit and the installation. I probably could have done this myself but it would have taken me hours and scraped up my knuckles.

Description of Work
Installed a new gas downdraft cooktop.

Category appliance repair, electrician, plumbing

08/11/2014

Diane W.

I use them frequently. They have also epaired my oven, and installed the dishwasher. They work very quickly and cleanly. They come out when they say they will come out. Is something is broken they come out a.s.a.p.

Description of Work
They had installed a stove top.

07/26/2014

nelson M.

We bought Bosch double oven to replace Thermador due to age and multiple problems with Thermador. We bought oven from Bloom Bros and they arranged install with EBEL. Then called in advance to arrange install date. They arrived on time, they were professional and really knew what they were doing. Cost seemed quite reasonable to me for removing old oven and taking it away, and installing new oven, explaining some of its features, answering all questions, being careful with our house so no scratches anywhere, etc.

Description of Work
installed new oven. removed old

03/22/2014

David R.

This project involved the following tasks: 1)Cut Granite to the dimensions of the new cooktop. 2) Rework vent and cabinet 3) Install a junction box 4) Replace the old unit with the new one. I had checked with many installers and they could only do either one or two of those tasks. Before I gave up the project, I found Ebel's on Angie's List. They were the only contractor who could do all of them at a reasonable price. Ebel's first sent a guy over to my house to do a free measurement and evaluation. He was very professional and gave me a quote based on the work required. After I accepted the quote, Ebel's set up an appointment for a few days later. The crew arrived on time. I didn't have to anything except covering my kitchen with plastic film. The whole project was done in a few hours. Little dust was seen despite the granite cutting. The installed new cooktop fit the counter top very well and looked shiny and beautiful. I doubted that the contractor from Sears could match the quality of their work.

Description of Work
Install the Kenmore Elite 30" Downdraft Electric Cooktop

10/08/2013

Judy V.

Although we had 2 quotes that were almost the same price, we were very impressed with the courtesy, professionalism and manner in which the young man presented the quote. We were not sorry for our choice. Although they were about 1/2 hour late due to the previous job,we were kept informed by the office every step of the way so we were never just left hanging. They are very efficient in every way. The young lady at the office who kept us informed was just as courteous and professional at the team that did the work. The work was done by the same team that provided the quote. The installation was done with professionalism and courtesy just like the quote. They finished in a timely manner even though this was not an easy job, and cleaned up thoroughly before leaving.

Description of Work
replaced old dryer vent that ran from the kitchen almost 20 feet to the outside wall. It goes through 4 elbow joints and was so clogged that my dryer had to work very hard to dry clothes.

07/22/2013

Patrick L.

Process took some time on my side and Ebel's was extremely patient and was always there waiting to jump in and complete the work as soon as I was ready. They provided an on-site estimate and were true to that quote. They worked on the unit as I was out of town and did an excellent job. They accomplished something that other installers told me wasn't possible without construction related to the counter top or flooring. Extremely pleased with the work and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Took out a prior dishwasher and installed a new one in a very tight spot that others were unable to accomplish.

07/05/2013

Xiaoling Y.

Very professional. Come in time, get the job done, clean up after and very helpful explaining things. Will use them again. I recommended them to my friend already and one of my friend used them and liked them too.

Description of Work
install hood in the kitchen.

05/15/2013

Shirley F.

They were good. We didn't have any complaints.

Description of Work
Ebel Installation installed our stove.

04/11/2013

YVONNE N.

Ebel's was contacted by the appliance store that sold us the new wall oven. The company called ahead early on the morning of installation to inform me when installers would be arriving, providing a 2-hour window of time. The installers arrived 1 hour into that timeframe. The two young men that did the installation were quiet, polite, and efficient. Since the new oven was the same brand/type as the one we were replacing, it fit without any adjustments. The entire process from unboxing the oven until they left was only 30 minutes. We felt the price was fair. Based on this first experience with Ebel's, I would use them again.

Description of Work
Installed a new wall oven to replace a broken one.

02/07/2013

Tim G.

First contacted Ebels 2 weeks ago for an estimate. They came in and I showed them in the product catalog the models I was planning to purchase. They measured all exixting spaces and told me if the planned appliance replacement would fit or not, and gave me the measurements that would fit into the existing space. They stated they could fit just about any appliance if I wanted to go that route. They were punctual and very professional. The estimate was free. When the appliances I ordered fro Band B came in, they contacted me for an appointment to do the installation. They picked up the appliances from Band B, brought them in and completed the installation in 4 hours, having removed the old appliances and completed installation and testing of the new. Beautiful job. They cleaned up when they were done and hauled away the old appliances. The only thing they don't do is remove the boxes/packing material. Not a big deal. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Purchased, Electrolux wall oven, Dishwasher, GE Cooktop and Frigidaire microwave to replace older models.

12/19/2012

Colleen B.

Arrived in expected time frame, polite, clean workers. Installed without problem, cleaned up after selves

Description of Work
Delivery and installation of new dishwasher, removal of old

12/08/2012

Andrew B.

They were good did a nice job. They arrived on time, did the work they said they would, and did a high quality job.

Description of Work
They installed a double oven.

Category appliance sales

10/15/2012

JIM B.

Ebel's was recommended by the appliance store that sold the stove. Their service was in two steps. First: Visit the home and determine whether the stove would fit in the existing space as well as check out the existing duct work and crawl space. Second: Deliver the stove and perform the installation. Step 1 was free and Step 2 was reasonably priced. The B rating on responsiveness reflects that their scheduling is not work-friendly. For both Steps 1 and 2 we had to miss work. The B rating on professionalism reflects that the sawdust from cutting the counters was not cleaned up entirely and that the installers did not bring face masks even though they were aware that they might need to go into a crawl space with insulation. (The one installer coughed a lot.) Also, thought it was weird, and inconvenient, that it is Ebel's policy to cart away the old appliance but not the box the new one came in.

Description of Work
Install a down draft stove which involved trimming counter tops.

08/13/2012

CAROL C.

The service took place several years ago but I don't remember anything negative about it. The dishwasher is still going strong today!

Description of Work
I bought a new dishwasher and this company installed it under contract with the retailer.

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

07/06/2012

MARILYN D.

They were punctual, easy to communicate with and were very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
They performed an estimate for a kitchen cabinet, electrical, and range hood remodel.

Category electrician, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

06/28/2012

DOROTHY P.

I was very satisfied with his work. He also has done some plumbing in different areas of my house. I rate him highly and we have done quite a bit of business with him.

Description of Work
I use Ebel's Installation for repair either my refrigerator or garbage disposal; I can't remember.

Category appliance repair, plumbing