Harold The Computer Guy

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2010

9435 Waterstone Blvd Suite 140

Loveland, OH 45140

Friendly, affordable, professional tech support that comes to you! Personalized service to meet your specific needs. It's like having a friend in the business!...

03/09/2022

KAREN S M.

I tried to install the HP printer myself because the instructions said it was easy to do. However, I did not find that to be the case and messed it up. I made an appointment with this company and Harold was able to fix the mistakes I made and properly install the new printer.

Description of Work
New HP printer needed to be installed

06/16/2021

KAREN S M.

Harold came out to my house and found that I had reconnected the printer incorrectly. He then set it back to the correct socket and made sure that it functioned correctly.

Description of Work
Printer Driver on my laptop got messed up

04/12/2018

Amy S.

Problem was complicated with previous vendor creating a problem. Provided options, Prompt, felt like they understood what they were doing.

Description of Work
laptop repair

12/13/2017

Shelly G.

Great. All issues appropriately addresses and Harold shared other ideas and suggestions.

Description of Work
Printer mapped, windows settings reset, browser defaults changed

10/16/2017

John S.

Harold fixed the computer quickly and rather inexpensively

Description of Work
My computer was freezing up and not starting up.

09/13/2017

Lisa W.

went very well. dropped laptop off and they removed the virus. I have used Harold before and would use him again.

Description of Work
computer was running slowly due to virus

08/12/2017

SUSAN A.

Harold purchased a new computer for us from MicroCenter, hooked it up and installed software. He did a good job and seemed responsive at that time. After about 4 to 5 months, the computer started powering off daily at random times. A complete power off; NOT going to sleep, NOT hibernating… completely shutting down – losing any work in progress. We’ve called Harold six times – with no response from him. The last time I called his office I told the woman that since the computer was in Harold’s name I needed the purchase and warranty information in order to get it fixed. Harold HAS NOT RETURNED ANY OF OUR CALLS. We’ve spoken with MicroCenter and they found the warranty info which is NOT even in Harold’s name so we will take the computer there and try to follow-up on the warranty work. We definitely DO NOT WANT HAROLD in our home again. Prior to this issue, my husband called several times as he wanted a new computer. Harold did not return those calls. When we finally spoke with a person in Harold’s office about my husband’s new computer, we were told “Send us an email with what you want.” My husband was looking for some advice about what exactly to buy so THIS RESPONSE WAS COMPLETELY USELESS TO US.

Description of Work
Harold purchased a new computer for us at MicroCenter, hooked it up, installed software.

Category computer repair

This review is factually inaccurate. I received several calls shortly after installing the new computer, and responded to each. We performed additional work at no charge despite the fact that the issues were not related to our original work, but rather the configuration of Outlook and changes made by the ISP. It appears that I did miss a call/voicemail on my cell phone in May. The next we heard was in late June, when a message was left at our office, to which a member of my team replied. He made the suggestion that they could email us with their questions / requirements, not intended to imply that that was the only option. Now, two months later, this. I'm baffled.

05/12/2017

Tammy L.

These guys are outstanding! I sent them an email and Miles responded quickly. We have a very informative convo about my options and potential costs. I dropped the system off and Nick was the guy that worked on it. He was outstanding to deal with. Very informative and thorough. He is the one that suggested the SSD. I went ahead and had them put a new SSD in and I could not be happier. They were very honest and didn't charge for a bunch of stuff that I didn't need. These guys will definitely be my go to guys for any future computer issues and will not hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
They did a complete clean up and removed a bunch of "junk" to help the performance of my computer. They also recommended a solid state drive since I was looking for faster loading speed.

03/20/2017

john H.

excellent...the sessions were very helpful....and i have used them 3 times....with more to come

Description of Work
pc training and technical support

Category computer repair,computer training

01/22/2017

JOHN F.

He uninstalled the virus and cleaned up my computer.

Description of Work
My computer had a virus/malware that I could not uninstall.

11/07/2016

Rebecca B.

Very professional and reasonable...We received a SR. discount...Computer works so much better.

Description of Work
Computer clean up.....

09/12/2016

Craig R M.

Some confusion on the the first appointment and they didn't show. Rescheduled and they (Harold) were very accommodating and spent much time explaining things. Will gladly use again

Description of Work
Had a new laptop and wireless printer set up.

08/16/2016

JAYNE K.

Great! Harold bought and installed the modem. He also had to pick up a 2-way splitter and plug so 3 items could be on the same outlet. I have my phone through TWC so I had to keep their modem (no charge) just for the phone. He was able to help me within 2 days after I called. He had a lot of extra work to do because of the way TWC originally set me up. While working on the installation he was very helpful in answering all the questions I asked him about working on my computer. I've used his company before and I would again. Note: cost of service included the purchase of the modem, splitter & plug.

Description of Work
I needed to get my own modem so I wasn't 'renting' one from TWC and that it was able to handle the internet speed.

04/08/2016

Scott R.

I was very happy with the work. Prompt and friendly.

Description of Work
PC tune up. Purchased a backup drive and they set it up.

12/10/2015

Joe G.

I picked up the computer after 2 days but it ran worse than before i brought it in. I could connect to the internet, but the mouse pointer is herky-jerky and annoying to use. When playing sound from the computer it makes a terrible noise so I can't listen to music or watch videos anymore. I found that they loaded three malware and virus programs that I had used previously with little success. Upon startup my computer was in a modified startup mode, so I wasn't sure what to do, so I changed it back to normal startup. I emailed the company about my concerns of the service. Someone returned my email and said they will look into it, but after a week I have not heard anything more. In hindsight, I should have just bought another computer and saved my money. I knew that this computer would never be like new, but I was disappointed that now I can't watch videos or listen to music. I believe there was an effort made to try to and improve the computer, it just did not help.

Description of Work
I could not get my old computer hooked to the internet. They told me I was using the wrong port to connect and nothing was wrong. I requested help to get the desktop running faster since it was in their shop already. It is an old computer running Win XP but we still wanted to keep using it.

12/03/2015

Karin S.

My five-year-old Dell laptop had been running slow and recently had begun giving me error messages that it could not connect to websites. I had also lost all my albums on iTunes. I have a separate back up system so I knew if things were really bad/lost I could retrieve them but thought I should have it professionally checked out to see if it remedied the problem. I called back in October to check on pricing and spoke with Amy who was friendly and encouraging that they would have me up and running fast in no time at all. I felt very confident after speaking with her that this would be a good place to bring my electronics. Of course the day I brought it in, it did not show me error messages and my albums in iTunes were back. I decided to still bring it in for a tuneup just to be sure & hopefully speed it up. I am not tech savvy, but I had already run diagnostic tests and defragmented it to try & increase speed w/ no luck. The young man who checked me in at the front desk was friendly. He asked me some basic questions so he could fill out his form , had me sign a release form, and then took my laptop. I had to ask what type of service they planed/recommended to do on it and it's estimate cost. I was able to pick up my computer the next day. This time I met another employee who was also professional and polite. He was also helpful answering some questions I had. However, I did not receive any feedback on what they did to or found on my computer. Compared to the original conversation I had with Amy, I did not leave with the warm and fuzzy feeling that my computer had been looked into and fixed. It seems to be running fine, although if it's faster it's not really noticeable. But I can live with that. There are some new icons on my home screen that I was not given any information on if I'm supposed to do anything with them or not. At least it's proof that they started my computer and hooked something up to it. My feedback to the company would be to explain to the customer a little bit more about what you plan to do/check to the computer. Even if it's a one line sentence saying "we're going to tune it up and look for viruses." Then follow up when the customer returns by explaining if it was smooth sailing or if you found something and fixed it. Had I not asked, my entire experience in the store would have been signing a release form when dropping it off to handing over a credit card when I picked it up. An experience, that made me second-guess whether I made the right decision to have my computer looked at by them.

Description of Work
I was billed for a tuneup that took one and a half hours.

07/27/2015

KATIE & JIM F.

My computer was running very slowly, especially at start-up. Looking at the diagnostics, it looked like I needed more RAM. I mentioned that when I called in for service. The tech arrived on time and performed the install with no problems. One thing I really appreciated is he didn't try to over-sell me. My machine only had 2 GB in it, and the requirement is 4 GB. He said that increasing to the recommended amount would result in a huge improvement in performance, but going beyond that would make little difference unless I liked opening many apps at once. This proved to be the case. My computer is running very nicely now. He was very knowledgeable and gave many helpful hints as he did the install, such as how to use the built-in backup utility. I learned that you no longer have to defrag the hard drive. That's just kind of taken care of. After he opened the box, he blew the dust out, It's my understanding that the techs are all Microsoft certified, which is a big deal for me. I'll definitely use them in the future because of their technical knowledge and professionalism.

Description of Work
Installed 4 GB of RAM memory in my computer.

07/26/2015

KAREN S M.

My contract with an outside virus software was ending and I did not want to renew. I asked Harold to re-install the free virus software that Microsoft provides; also just to check over the computer to be sure that everything was functioning as it should. He completed these tasks successfully. Very happy to give this company my business.

Description of Work
Removed out-dated virus software to re-install Microsoft virus software

07/17/2015

Michele C.

Very well. Technician was knowledgeable and polite. Did everything we asked and more. Very pleased

Description of Work
Evalutated 2 computers, set up new modem, corrected all problems.

05/21/2015

Janice K.

He's wonderful. They were able to explain to me in terms that I understood. They were available a phone call away.

Description of Work
I've had them in three times. They fixed the problems I was having that I did not know how to address at all.

Category computer repair,computer training

04/17/2015

BEVERLY G.

It was a good experience and went very well, Harold was professional, experienced, friendly and did a great job!! My computer has been running very well.

Description of Work
He ran a checkup on my computer, removed spyware and cleaned up my hard drive by removing bad and unnecessary files. I also had him checked my video card and from his recommendation, replaced it with a better video card which corrected the issues I had experienced with the old card.

03/30/2015

GEORGE C.

They were prompt in their service, arriving for the appointment. Their price was fair and reasonable. The technician that came out knew what he was doing. They had a good understanding of what they were doing.

Description of Work
He cleaned up my computer from any malware that was on there and they fixed a couple little operational problems that they straightened out. It was just a few minor things.

03/09/2015

Becky B.

It went real well, like them a lot. I’ve used them since. They know what they are doing; they explained everything to me and got the job done pretty quickly.

Description of Work
They fixed my laptop.

Category computer repair

We don't see a review here.

01/14/2015

Sarah P.

It was great. They came to our house. They fixed our computer for 2 hours. There were no issues.

Description of Work
We purchased a big deal for Harold The Computer Guy. We were having a few issues with our computer. Our Internet Explorer was not working all the time. Our computer was generally slow moving.

11/13/2014

SUSAN M.

He was thorough and explained exactly what he was doing. I will call him again!

Description of Work
Harold cleaned up our main computer, which was frozen and unable to connect to the internet. He also added virus protection to our laptops.