Pete the Plumber

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2007

1610 Carrol Ct

Lebanon, OH 45036

Pete The Plumber is a full service plumbing company, able to meet all your residential and commercial plumbing needs. We are a local business out to prove that you can still find trustworthy, quality-minded craftsmen that won't try to sell you what you do not need. We offer quality workmanship at

04/29/2020

Tricia N.

hot water heater and bathtub faucet

Description of Work
Pete was great! I had him scheduled to come out to fix my bathtub faucet which suddenly stopped putting out hot water. Then my hot water heater died. He was able to pivot to get me a new hot water heater with my appointment! Also give me some great advise to save some money. Would definitely use again!

Category plumbing, water heater repair

02/26/2020

Kevin H.

He did a great job. I would recommend him and I would hire him again.

Description of Work
He installed a pressure reducing valve and shut off to my main water line coming into the house.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback and a review. We really appreciate your business!

07/25/2019

Walter N.

It was very professional. He repaired it very quickly. He came when he said he would be.

Description of Work
He did a tune up on my water heater.

Category water heater repair

Thank you so much for your review and your business! Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about our pricing. Our pricing is based on wages, taxes, rent, insurance and many, many other expenses. We strive to give professional, quality workmanship.

01/29/2019

James N.

Excellent. When I first talked with the company they had fixed prices for replacing a sump pump. They told me the prices and the pump options. Mark arrived on time and completed the work in just about an hour, as predicted. I like interacting with people and Mark was very personable. He had me check out his work at completion and be sure everything was cleaned up to my satisfaction. No problems there. Not only do I recommend Pete the Plumber's services but they will be the first company I call when I need help.

Description of Work
Needed to replace my sump pump

Category plumbing, wells

Thank you for taking for taking the time to give a detailed review of our services. We really appreciate your business and recommendation!

08/06/2018

ANDY B.

Out of several plumbers I contracted, Pete gave me a date a week out. Had hoped to get it done sooner, but other plumbers did not show up. Pete kept his appointment and showed up only 30 minutes outside the appointment window. Although he didn't bring any help and didn't have the right shoes for digging a ditch, he got the job done and everything worked. Hourly price was high for one worker plus the service charge.

Description of Work
Needed an outdoor Hydrant replaced

Category plumbing

Thank you for reviewing our services. Your confirmation email stated that we would be there between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. . Pete showed up at 1:06p.m. We never know how long each job will go. So we schedule things the best we can. Also there is a SEVERE shortage of licensed plumbers and apprentices. The cost of services is going to keep going up so brace yourself for the future. Thank you so much for your business!

06/05/2018

Kathleen M.

Mark could not have been more professional and experienced. I appreciated his listening to my concerns with "new" fixes and replacing the valve the way I wanted it done. A great, personable plumber who knows his craft.

Description of Work
Replace main shut off valve

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We're glad our plumber worked with you to make your experience with us quality. Thank you for your continued business!

05/16/2018

susan D.

My toilet had to be remounted and there were issues that had to be fixed once toilet was taken off. The plumber was excellent and worked as quick as possible. He explained and showed me what the problems were. Pete the plumber does excellent work they are just on the expensive side. It’s almost $80 to just walk in your door, then it’s $159/hour for labor.

Description of Work
Toilet remounted and leak under sink fixed

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate your business!

04/10/2018

Tracey L.

they work at a brisk pace, but are friendly and answer questions. they even took time to check each faucet looking for sediment that can get trapped after the water has been turned off.

Description of Work
Had them fix drain in tub and check water pressure

04/02/2018

Donald L.

Showed up on time and were finished in less than an hour. Prorated fees helped keep the cost down

Description of Work
Hot Water Heater Repair

Category water heater repair

03/08/2018

Betsy G.

Mark did an excellent job and explained everything he did well. The price was fair. I’ve never had a problem with their service.

Description of Work
My kitchen sink was clogged.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

We really appreciate your review. Our plumbers work really hard to make sure our customers are treated well. Thank you for your continued business!

02/21/2018

Dennis M.

I've used Pete and his company a few times now and will go to him in the future, as well as refer my friends and family to him as well. I retained them to install a water softener, purchased through him, in my basement where the rough in plumbing was already done. They showed up on time, talked me through the install process, as well as work needed on the pressure reducing valve on my water heater, replacing an external hose faucet, and tried to determine the cause of severe vibrations that occur(ed) when I opened the home water valve fully. They were able to complete all of the work in just a few hrs, were professional, and cleaned up the area afterwards. They had brought three bags of salt, so I purchased all three. interesting thing to note is we were unable to determine, or replicate the severe vibrations we sometimes felt in the house, but it really hasn't happened since December.

Description of Work
Water Softener install, extension tank hose faucet replacement

Category plumbing, water softeners

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate your continued business!

02/07/2018

Anthony B.

I recently had our sewage ejector pump go bad in our basement and knew that the hot water heater was about 10 years old and was exhibiting signs that it might be going bad. Since I have a service contract with another company who shall remain nameless but initials start with H and end with P I called them first and they came out to quote the work. While my service company does a good job and is always professional the quote seemed very high to me and I decided to search on Angie's List for a plumber to get another quote. Pete the Plumber had received high mark so I gave them a call. Without coming out, I told them what I wanted done and they actually provided a quote over the phone and emailed which turned out to be more than 1/2 the cost of the other company. Neil and his apprentice Nathan were great and had the ejector pump replaced in about 45 minutes and 1.5 on the water heater install. I bombarded them questions on maintenance had them quote a couple other things I need to eventually do around the house. They were happy to answer all my questions and provide me estimates on the work I asked about. The Install looks very professionally done and they made sure to clean up and were very respectful of my house. I will certainly be reaching out to them for future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
sewage ejector pump replacement Water Heater Repalcement

Category plumbing, water heater repair, wells

Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of our services. We really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your business!

12/14/2017

Richard G.

Pete was very responsive and assessed our situation and provided his estimate of the work required and cost. Once we decided to have the work done Pete scheduled us and sent two employees out to perform the work. Mark and Steve were extremely professional and discussed the project with us as they proceeded. We were very impressed with their attention to detail.

Description of Work
We needed a gas line installed in order to convert our wood fireplace to gas logs.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. We really appreciate your business!

11/08/2017

Rusty P.

After getting the run around with another plumber, I made contact with Pete the Plumber. They responded immediately and had someone at my house in about an hour. They noticed my pump was still under warranty and replaced the pump charging me just install. I was very pleased with the service from the initial call to the conclusion of the service work. I will use them again and highly recommend

Description of Work
Our sump pump failed in the on position and needed to be replaced.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for your business and for taking the time to review our services!

10/24/2017

Kim W.

This company was referred by a good friend. Unfortunately, Kitchen Sink drains slowly. My experience found the staff including owner to be argumentative and condescending...1st contact was with office staff member to make appt. A confirmation email was sent but it was NOT communicated that this email was more than just a confirmation. Therefore, it was treadted as nothing more than a confirmation of appt. This email stated that they could be there earlier or later than the 10-12 time frame...i did not see a need to read just a confirmation email but lesson learned. Sad to say, this resulted in missing 2 calls before appt time. It was a battle to get the staff member and owner to see past this lesson. I shared with them that it would have been appropriate to be informed that the email provided details and was more than just a confirmation. More time was spent telling me how i was in error. I took it on the chin and tried redirecting them to let me know if they were still coming to fix my sink. The owner called me and he was just as relentless as his staff to reprimand me for not reading the "Confirmation" email....i understood their argument but my mind was focusing on how to solve the issue not perpetuate the matter / problem. I felt harassed into a corner to apologize for the oversight of a confirmation email. I will not use this company again due to their inability to focus on constructive solutions, inability to refrain from using an argumentative nature and lastly my sink is not fixed. This was a horrible experience. Unfortunately, my sink drains very slowly and I had to contact them this morning. The 1st experience was just as complicated as this one today. I forfeited my right as a customer to have them look at sink again at no cost and choose to pay another company in hopes to find professional and constructive behaviors. I am not a believer that customers are always right. I believe listening to resolve any issues at hand and collectively working to a solution absent of self righteousness. I provided a picture to show how faucet water is slowly draining out of sink. It is hoped that this company will read this and improve on communication and customer service skills. It is with regret this is being posted.

Description of Work
Clogged kitchen sink

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

We're sorry you are unhappy with our service. There are two sides to every story. We are happy to mail you a refund check today. We wish you the best.

08/23/2017

Ann W.

Took longer than it should, but Because it was a Moen Faucet. They did not have parts needed that day

Description of Work
Fix a kitchen faucet. Did not

Category plumbing

Thank you for writing a review of our services. I'm sorry you weren't happy with our service. I would be open to your feed back as to how we could have improved your experience. On the day Mark came to your home he showed up in the time window we gave you. He called when he was on his way to your home. He had 11 minutes travel time and 19 minutes at your house including filling out the paper work. You had a bad spray hose that we did not have on our truck but Moen was going to send you for free. You told Mark you would contact us if you needed our help once the part arrived. We charged you a $65 service fee. If there is a way we could have done better please let me know. Sincerely, Pete St. Jean Pete the Plumber

08/09/2017

Susan L.

I liked him. I would use their service again. They were helpful. They did what I asked and they were nice about it, did it quick, did it well.

Description of Work
Plumbing Service

Category plumbing

Thank for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate your business!

07/27/2017

Dan W.

The plumber and his assistant were extremely professional, presented excellent guidance, preformed the work quickly and cleaned up the area after they were finished.Very happy with the work performed and the team donig the work.

Description of Work
replaced a hot water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for choosing Pete the Plumber. We appreciate your business and your review!

07/26/2017

Judith P.

All necessary work was completed and I was very happy with the explanations for what he felt was working fine. I would definitely hire Pete again and recommend him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Check 2 sinks drainage. 1 faucet running slow and faucet missing outside. All problems were addressed in a very professional manner. He explained everything so we understood what needed to be done. The repairs were completed and those that did not need repaired were explained. I was very happy with his work and the fact that he did not do work that wasn't necessary.

Category plumbing

Thank you for calling Pete the Plumber. We appreciate your business! Thank you also for your review.

07/22/2017

Bob S.

Excellent work, very professional and they knew exactly what to do. One faucet was in concrete and difficult to remove but they handled it very well. I would use them for any future plumbing work.

Description of Work
One outdoor faucet was replaced and another one repaired.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking time to review our services. Thank you for your business!

06/26/2017

Brad J.

It was a good experience. The price was a little higher than I am used to paying but I am paying prices here and I am not used to paying prices here because I am not from here originally. I am from Akron and everything is higher here, it is just not Pete the Plumber. I was happy with his work. He was professional. He did it well and fast. It was higher than I thought but I did not care because it was just done.

Description of Work
He put in an outside spigot, fixed a leak, ran some plumbing line in case I wanted to put in a bar which I did not.

Category plumbing

Mr [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to review our services and thank you for your business!

06/22/2017

Janice C.

Excellent work, very pleasant and professional. They managed to get parts needed under warranty from the manufacturer. My only complaint was in being charged a service charge fee for both trips, And on the return trip being told the service fee covered their travel time, but then I was also charged labor hours for the same travel time.

Description of Work
2nd floor bathroom plumbing leak, Urinal repair, shower mixing valves replaced. After posting this review, the company reviewed my file and contacted me to say that they had overbilled me. They immediately issued a refund check for the overbilled amount. Kudos to their customer service!

Category plumbing

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], you are correct that you were overcharged on your invoice. Pete and I were on vacation during that time and our office staff missed that mistake on your invoice. As soon as I got your Angie's List review I got your file out and found the mistake. I am mailing out a check today for your refund. I also left you a message on your phone. Also, we do charge a service fee for all trips to customer's houses unless we have to come out due to our own mistake. Thank you for your review and your business.

06/05/2017

Deanna S.

Misquoted the price to me on the phone which was not a big deal but then seemed more concerned about the fact that I was a member of Angie's List and that they might get a bad review for that then just getting the work done and doing a good job. I had used them before to replace a toilet and they did not do a very good job but I decided to give them a second chance. Wish you the best of luck but please improve your customer service. I was not comfortable using them but fortunately was able to find a very professional company that came out and did the work so the time off work was not wasted! There are still good people out there doing good work, and companies you can trust.

Description of Work
Needed a garbage disposal replaced.

Category plumbing

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], I did quote our prices over the phone. After our plumber showed up and reviewed what you needed and our prices, you made it clear to him that you were unhappy about our charges and said that you were going to give us a bad review before he even started the work. You were very angry and mean. We told our plumber to leave your house and move on to his next job. He did no work and gave you no bill. We value our employees and do not expect them to be treated the way you treated him.

05/16/2017

Ron J.

WOW - what a pleasant experience! I called Pete's at 4:30 PM yesterday. I was elated that they scheduled me for 8-8:30 AM today. Chase and John arrived on time, covered their shoes, introduced themselves and immediately went to work. They diagnosed the problem quickly. They said they would check for replacement part on their truck, but since the faucet is 40+ years old, we may have to replace the entire faucet. Ironically, they did have the part and replaced it, which saved me a considerable amount vs a new faucet. Chase and John were very personable, professional and a genuine pleasure to work with. I will always call Pete's in the future and refer my friends, relatives and neighbors as the opportunity occurs. GREAT JOB!

Description of Work
Repair leaking 40 year old shower faucet.

Category plumbing

Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your kind words and review. We really appreciate your business.

05/15/2017

Klaus H.

They were very quick, knowledgeable and efficient. It was smoothly and quickly.

Description of Work
Resolve frozen gas valve to fireplace

Category plumbing

Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you for your review and your business!

Joseph Home Improvement

Joseph Tomasulo has over 20 years of experience in professional remodeling, ceramic tile and is a licensed journeyman plumber. Joseph specializes in service and repair plumbing and bathroom remodeling. This is a family business. My father-in law, James Harrington, is our resident Master Painter and custom wood finisher. He possess 35 years plus of experience and an impressive resume of clientele. James is an accomplished journeyman painter and skilled in wood finishing, stains and lacquers, polyurethane, color matching, wallpaper, spraying (airless/air assisted), automotive finishes and high end residential. We sincerely look forward to providing you with the superior service and quality workmanship you deserve. Thank you for considering Joseph Home Improvement for your project!

Offers Coupon

Beeco Softwater

Beeco Softwater is family-owned and -operated business serving Englewood and the Greater Dayton area for over 50 years. Bill Beeler started the business as Beeco Plumbing in 1966. In 1972, the business became Beeco Plumbing Inc. In 1986, after selling different water softeners for several years, Beeco Plumbing Inc took on the dba name Beeco Softwater and also became a dealer for Hague Water Conditioning. In 2006, after 20 years as a Hague dealer, Beeco Softwater parted ways with Hague and began selling our own equipment, the Aqua Clean water conditioner, featuring the Clack valve. We were impressed with the high quality of the Clack product, the use of a turbulator in the resin tanks, and the dependability and long life of the unit. In 2008, Bill Beeler, while remaining with the company, stepped down as the president and turned the daily operations over to his son, Brian. Both Bill and Brian are state-licensed master plumbers and are currently the only installers of any equipment purchased or rented through Beeco Softwater.

2022 Super Service Award

Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing Heating Air

For 88 years, we have served the heating, air conditioning and plumbing needs of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are one of the oldest continuously operating service firms in the area. Our owner is Kris Knochelmann, who's family has been in the business for over 40 years. Our staff of experienced, licensed, NATE certified technicians are able to offer fair pricing, quality workmanship, and unique testing of your heating and air conditioning system. Ask about our lifetime warranty. It could be the last furnace or air conditioner you ever buy. Experience award winning service, where we treat you like family.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Plumbing repairs & service, water service replacements, back water valves, kitchen & bath remodels, water heaters, water softeners, sump pumps, sewer replacements, new homes, additions, gas line installations, water mains, sewer mains, office & retail installations.