Fairfield Heating & Cooling Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since January 2009

512 S Broad Street

Lancaster, OH 43130

Fairfield Heating & Cooling was established in 1994 to provide economical comfort solutions to residential and commercial customers. In 1997, McGrew Inc., a local fifty- year-old heating & air conditioning company was purchased and its operations were combined with Fairfield Heating's operations.

09/06/2018

David G.

I know the trades are busy and shorthanded these days... but it took multiple calls and over a month elapse time to get someone out to look at and quote a job. I was clear and concise about what I wanted done. Finally a quote!! Except it was almost double the one I accepted. $3900 vs $2200. Same description, same materials, just apparently a greedy tradesman looking to retire on every job. Just reinforcement for that old guideline... get more than one quote!!

Description of Work
Set a gas meter, run gas pipe, install gas heater in pole barn.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

06/12/2018

Janet M.

Took two service calls to find leak in condenser coil. Had to pay for service call, labor and new refrigerant even though the unit was under warranty. Only condenser coil was covered under warranty had to pay for parts and labor. Installation was estimated to take 3-4 hours . Actual installation time was 1.5 hours but I was still charged for 4 hours. I was reimbursed for the leaked refrigerant but not for the overcharge for labor. The unit is so far working well.

Description of Work
Warranty replacement of home air conditioner condenser coil

01/18/2018

D D.

They came out right away and diagnosed that we had the wrong furnace installed for the size of our house. Courteous prompt and Professional Temperature Pro Columbus installed the wrong size furnace in our house in Bremen Ohio so it wouldn't heat our house. Log story short, We should have went with Fairfield Heating and cooling.. Lesson learned.

Description of Work
Diagnostic to our Furnace

05/22/2017

NANCY L.

All good. Ontime, honest people.

Description of Work
Check and cleaning of furnace and older heat pump. Instead of recommending or trying to sell a new heat pump (as another company had attempted) they recommended a minor repair to prolong use of the heat pump and allow it to run more effectively. And it has!

08/22/2016

David B.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, generator service

02/10/2016

Jocelyn S.

12/04/2015

Johnothan L.

Came out to the house and completed the job in lighting type speed. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Completed a emergency repair of the furnace.

09/04/2015

Donald C.

Description of Work
They installed whole house air conditioning last summer, made an inspection of the equipment again in the fall and this spring.

07/20/2015

Christina E.

07/07/2015

Sarah K.

06/11/2015

Cyndi S.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

(Removed member name)- Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business.

03/17/2015

Paul C.

My old furnace was a 75,000 BTU, and took hours to change the temperature of my house - it was barely adequate. The first two HVAC companies that came out said they could not install a furnace larger than 70,00 BTU in the narrow space, and I was skeptical that I would be satisfied with a furnace smaller than my old one. Fairfield Heating representative Shane and owner Roger came up with a design which allowed the installation of an 88,000 BTU, which has made a big difference in the comfort of my home during this record breaking cold winter. I feel that they have the experience & knowledge which puts them ahead of the pack, and I will certainly continue to use their services in the future.

Description of Work
Fairfield installed a new furnace & air conditioning system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

(Removed member name)- Thank you for your wonderful review. We are grateful for your business and glad to hear you will use us again.

11/14/2014

Johnothan L.

Was too expensive compared to other places I called. Quote was on installing a chimney liner.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [member name removed] for your review. Your opinion matters and we are taking steps to be as competitive as possible.

07/17/2014

Kaye M.

I really felt they worked hard to make sure that we get the most for our money and that they did not overspill something that they didn't make. They did the work very quickly. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Fairfield Heating & Cooling Inc.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review. We value your business and opinion. We are pleased you had a great experience and hope to hear from you again.

04/04/2014

TOM M.

Scheduling was easy, was able to reach them quickly. They fit us in very quickly, technicians were knowledgeable and friendly. They pointed out various issues from lack of maintenance. They did what they could, ordered some needed parts and arranged to return, hoping the weather would be warm enough to check the AC unit. All went as planned and the job was completed. I'm extremely happy with the service and will call them again.

Description of Work
Checkup and service of HVAC systems of a large, recently-foreclosed home, including one gas furnace and one electric.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], thank you for your review. We are pleased you had such a great experience. We value your business and we look forward to hearing from you again.

03/26/2014

Lisa K.

They are very good to work with. I have an old air conditioning stuff and every spring they get me going again. They have helped us extend the life of what we have, until we are ready to replace it and they have been very good about it. I will definitely use them when we do need to replace the system. They are good to respond, if I call them they come the same day and sometimes within a couple of hours. I think that they have been very fair in their pricing, actually they are real reasonable. Regarding punctuality they are pretty good, if they tell you that they are going to be there at 2 o'clock they usually are or else they call. Regarding professionalism, they get back to you and they give you a nice written estimate. I had an experience where we had air conditioners in the neighborhood that had been stolen and then when they came back to work on it all the Freon was gone and he was not sure if he had released the valve of if somebody was trying to steel my unit and had released the valve. He then offered me to replace the Freon for free because they were not sure. I think he did not have to do that but he did.

Description of Work
I use Fairfield Heating & Cooling, Inc., for my heating and air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member name removed], thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you have such good experiences. We value your business and look forward to hearing from you again.

03/09/2014

Scott K.

Pumped proved to be working but leaking water. Offered several solutions to the problem. Waiting on written quotes now

Description of Work
Serviced our Geothermal system, testing ground loop pump

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member name removed], thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you had such a great experience with our company. We look forward to hearing from you again.

02/07/2014

Chris F.

Mike was great in providing an estimate. He was very knowledgeable and polite. We're still in the process of getting the work done.

Description of Work
Install all new central heat and air in old house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, generator service

[member name removed], it has been over a year. We are curious how everything turned out. Did you end up buying the equipment through us? How did the install go? Thank you for your input.

01/27/2014

Jim S.

I called the company and they immediately said that they needed to call me back with the information on the filter, so I left my phone number. I got to Lowe's and never received a call so I called them back. I explained that I was at Lowe's and could he please give me the specifications on what the filter needs to be since I know the price is good with Lowe's. I was surprised that he wouldn't give the information and kept trying to get me to come to their facility and buy their filter. I felt that he was being very deceitful about the filter and the specifications. He gave me the price of that the filter would cost from them and it was significantly higher, around 40% more. Unfortunately, I wasn't even able to purchase the filter since he wouldn't give me the dimensions. I was just surprised that this company wouldn't give me that information and this didn't sit well with me. It makes me a little weary of ever contacting this company for work in the future since they were not being very helpful after the fact.

Description of Work
My brother told me that he needed a new filter. He happens to be out of town and I decided to help him out. This company did install his HVAC unit so I contacted them for information on the filter dimensions.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We apologize for the confusion. The filter the customer was inquiring about is a specialty expandable type media filter. The measurements for a replacement filter were not readily available and we were not able to obtain them within the customer's time constraint. The measurements were obtained and given to the customer. No work was performed for this customer No service was performed for this customer

10/29/2012

CAROLYN G.

They were prompt and did a great job on my furnace. I use them each year to check over my furnace as well and have been pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Checking and cleaning up my furnace as a result of our next door neighbor's house fire.

10/11/2012

Maryellen R.

I was extremely satisfied with everyone I spoke to from start to finish

Description of Work
The pilot light for my furnace kept going out and after waking to a cold house I phoned the company to get a service. I was told that someone would be out that afternoon. I explained to the lady I spoke to that I had a school age child that I needed to pick up that afternoon and was concerned I might miss them. She said I would get a phone call before they came. Sean did call, unfortunately 20 minutes before I had to pick up my child. He said that that was fine and he would wait for me! He was down in my basement for about 30 minutes working away and then he called me down to show me his work. He had my furnace working and said although it was an older furnace (approx 30 years) it was in relatively good condition. He said there was a part that was worn, however still working. I did not want to take the chance that the pilot light would go out again, so I asked him to replace that part. He did not try to sell me anything I did not need. He went out to the truck and got the part I had requested (the thermocoupler), replaced it, cleaned up his mess completely, presented me with the invoice with the prices I was quoted. He even replaced a knob that had been cracked and I guess it was included in the service call price, because there was no extra charge for that. Sean was very considerate, professional and to be honest when I first called the company I was a little leery of using them due to the one bad feedback comment I read, I told them that I was going to give them a try because they were local and I had spoken to the guy at the fair and he was really pleasant also. I am glad that I trusted my gut and used them. I plan to use them again in the future if and when the need arises.

10/28/2011

CAROLYN G.

The service person was very knowledgeable and did a good job. I now have peace of mind for the upcoming winter weather.

Description of Work
Servicing my furnace for winter.

05/05/2011

Carol T.

I will not use them again. They sent somebody out and this guy kind of messed around with it. He said he knew what he was doing with it. I heard him then make a telephone call to somebody else. The first time when he tried, he got it up and running but it lasted only for about twenty minutes after he left and then it stopped. I called them back and they said I need to have some kind of a panel board. They said that they will need to order it from the factory which will take a week. Meanwhile I was sitting there freezing. I did have a wood burning stove and I called a local place to come up and bring wood for me which costed me $139. I had parrots in my house and I can't keep them cold. It was cold and I was wearing sweat shirt all the time. They came back again and put some kind of a circuit board. He then called somebody hoping that they could come out and give him some help. Then they came back the third time and fixed the circuit board in and it was getting warm enough. It was working then. It worked for about three days and it shut off again. I called them and when they saw the furnace, they put an air humidifier on top of the furnace. The guy told me that it should have been put on the bottom. I had another furnace guy come out and he said it does not matter where it goes, as long as the air is passing through it that humidifies it. Finally I was the one that fixed the furnace. I bought all the new parts and I fixed it myself. The guy who came out didn't have much experience in this. They were very responsive. They were very punctual. I would not use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Fairfield Heating & Cooling Inc for my furnace. I last used their services may be a couple of months ago. It was really cold and my furnace was kicking off. The air was blowing but there was no heat coming on. The guy came out thrice but couldn't fix the problem. Finally I fixed the problem myself.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are not exactly sure how to respond to this complaint because we were never notified of any problems. After reviewing the paperwork the facts that we know are as follows: 1-24-11 First service call - The unit was diagnosed with a bad circuit board and pressure switch. Repairs were quoted to the customer and we were given the okay too proceed. We immediately ordered the parts which were not in stock. The customer was notified of this. 1-27-11 - Returned and installed the control board (the pressure switch had not arrived yet). Temporary heating operation was restored. 1-31-11 - Returned and installed the pressure switch, which completed the repair. Service history stops at this point and we were not notified of any additional problems. Our invoices do clearly state that we have a thirty day warranty on our repairs. If additional problems arose after our service we were not given the opportunity to correct them. Notes: Invoice dates do not match up with the customers dates and we are not aware of any problems/discussions pertaining to the humidifier. We take customer service very seriously and we are rated as an A+ company with BBB. Had we been given the opportunity to correct any problems we definitely would of.

06/05/2009

Robert S.

Contacted them for estimate for new gas furnace. Sales manager Mike came at the agreed upon time, showed me different options available, discussed pricing, took plenty of time to answer any questions and concerns I had. Installers showed up bright and early on install day, worked steadily all day until job completed. Very friendly and helpful answering questions, etc. When finished, cleaned up after themselves. After installation completed, serviceman Paul came out, started up furnace and checked for proper operation, answered questions and offered tips to avoid service calls.

Description of Work
Removed old oil furnace, installed new 95% efficiency gas furnace.

01/29/2009

MARSHA M J.

They are just great. They are very professional and efficient, and they are considerate about calling if they are delayed. I have not compared prices, but they seem to be in line with everyone else. They are very responsive, and when some water got on the carpet during installation, they immediately called a carpet cleaner to take care of it. I have been extremely happy with them.

Description of Work
They have put in two geo-thermal furnaces for me since 2000.

The Waterworks

Better care. Better value. Better results. Our well-trained and certified technicians are available to fix all of your plumbing and drain issues, as well as heating and cooling services. We are the drain cleaning and clearing experts. We replace, repair and install everything from toilets and faucets to sump pumps and water heaters, downspouts and main sewer, water and gas lines. We are also your go-to for repair, replace and install for heating and cooling and we offer annual tune-ups. We offer guarantees on our work so that you know the work was completed right the first time! We belong to the Central Ohio Better Business Bureau and are a Consumer Choice winner 21 years running. In addition, we are a NextDoor Neighborhood Favorite and CBUS TOP PICK! Additional emails: Service@thewaterworks.com marketing@thewaterworks.com RBeckett@thewaterworks.com

The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains

Here at The Rooter Works, we strive to abide by our mission statement "quality plumbing, at a fair price". Wether you have a leaky faucet, clogged drain or plumbing nightmare. The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains is your one stop plumbing shop!

Apex Plumbing, Heating and Air Pros

We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in our trade, and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can on your particular task or project. We look forward to earing your business! Book with us online or feel free to give us a call today.

Offers Coupon

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Residential & light commercial HVAC. Installation and service of conventional, geothermal, boiler and fuel oil equipment as well as stand-by generators.