Evans Concrete & Waterproofing Llc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2014

1307 Andrews Ave

Lakewood, OH 44107

Family owned and operated concrete and waterproofing business. For the past years we have worked in the city of Lakewood and the surrounding suburbs and have many satisfied customers that may be used as referrals or viewed for quality of work.

11/05/2020

Justin M.

Jared took awhile to get back to me. Because it took him some time he helped me out. Got the work done quickly after he gave me a quote. Nice guy, crew was good.

Description of Work
Driveway Repair

11/04/2020

Ken P.

A Truly Outstanding Concrete Company..... I have owned a commercial and residential real estate company in Lakewood, Ohio for over 50 years and I am completely impressed with Evans Concrete.... They are very price competitive...their work is exceptional...they did a large new concrete pad and parking area very professionally, at a reasonable cost, and on time... The owner Seth Evans is a hands on owner who takes pride in his work and and keeps his promises both in timing of the work and the cost . Evans Concrete did an exceptional job...took no short-cuts...and went above and beyond in making sure he met my expectations.... Their work was done on time...they cleaned up after every days work...they made sure to keep me informed of the progress...and their cost was less than other companies whom I priced... I would highly recommend Evans Concrete for all your concrete, parking area, driveway, foundation and waterproofing needs..... I would also recommend them for Snow Plowing ...If you use them I am sure you will get your monies worth .... and more.

Description of Work
Large New Concrete Parking Area

11/14/2019

Nancy K.

The never contacted me.

Description of Work
I needed some cement pooured to extended my patio.

06/20/2019

STEPHEN C.

Jared was the only one of many contractors to respond to our request. His communications were timely, and he was able to schedule the work quickly. Two 1/2 days work on the project, another visit to remove the forms, and everything was done. Very professional, efficient, considerate - all in all, a great job.

Description of Work
Small walkway between driveway and front steps

09/20/2018

Debby L.

Spoke with Jared on the phone, said he has busy operating a back hoe at the moment. Told me to send a text with my name and address and he would set up at time for us to meet. That never happened. Because I had heard nice things about the company, I texted again a few weeks later stating my interest in getting an estimate and again my message was never replied to.

Description of Work
Driveway Estimate

07/18/2018

Justin S.

Jared was professional and courteous as well as his brother and fellow workers. They let me know what was going on every step of the way and how long each process would take. Kept me notified if anything ever changed. I spoke with my neighbors after and they even asked me about the company because of how nice and professional they were to them even though they were working on my house. Left my yard like he was never even there which is above and beyond anything I could have asked for. Highly recommend this company to anyone who needs waterproofing or any kind of concrete work.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, pressure washing, foundation repair

11/05/2017

JAN A.

Jerad and his team just installed my back patio - working with me every step of the way, patiently listening to my needs and making a few adjustments that made all the difference to me. I wanted something contemporary to match my mid-century modern ranch. Jerad was the only vendor that I researched that truly listened to me so that I could get the clean look that I wanted. Jared himself was here every day of the job working alongside his crew. They removed (and replaced) my fencing to get the heavy equipment into the yard. They were able to reuse existing rock material and replaced topsoil, etc. - something one vendor said he wouldn't even do (!?). He and his crew did an amazing job as well of minimizing damage to my yard that comes with the territory when using heavy equipment. They even worked in the rain : ( which had to be miserable. And they completely cleaned all the areas they worked - including wiping down the exterior of the house, fence, windows - wherever mud got splashed. I am totally using him again to redo my garage floor and partial driveway as soon as I can. Approximately 850 square feet and 3 work days.

Description of Work
Install Back Patio -- ~850 sq.feet

10/19/2017

PAMELA K.

Excellent! I can't express enough what a professional and outstanding job they did! I'd hire him again in a heart beat! I called Jared and start to finish was three days BOOM! Permits ... inspections everything done correctly.

Description of Work
I had an unscrupulous contractor start my driveway. He broke it up and was stopped by the city inspector within a couple hours for not pulling permits. I was without a driveway for 4 weeks. I called Jared Evans.

09/26/2017

Robert D.

Jared was extremely helpful with the planning phase. He showed me a couple layout options by spray painting them in the grass and it really helped me visualize the patio. The pricing was very reasonable and I was amazed at how fast they got the work done. Throughout the whole process, Jared took time to go over all the details with me and made sure there wouldn't be any surprises at the end. He followed up with me after the work was finished and he went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and to my liking. My neighbors can't stop complementing me on how great the patio turned out! The attached pictures were taken while the sealer was curing, so when cured it has just the right amount of glossiness. I would gladly recommend Evans Concrete to anyone and everyone that is getting concrete work done.

Description of Work
Jared installed a 14' x 19' stamped concrete patio and a 4' x 57' concrete sidewalk (broom finish) going from my driveway to the patio. He also removed the existing concrete that was in place.

08/31/2017

Daniel T.

Jared was extremely responsive with coming out to look initially and responding with a quote. There was a little delay in starting due to his other jobs and weather, but was extremely prompt with letting me know. He and his crew are extremely professional and made quick work of the large job. I would definitely hire again, no questions asked.

Description of Work
I needed the back portion of my driveway repaved and reconfigured.

07/13/2017

Barney M.

Excellent. Jared and his crew showed up on time and finished the job as soon as the weather allowed.

Description of Work
Repair/replace majority of driveway

11/06/2016

Rachel F.

Awesome!!!

Description of Work
We needed our front walkway replaced. I contacted The company for an estimate and Jared was here the next day. Very professional and two days later the guys were here and our walkway was poured and ready the next day. All of the guys were very professional and friendly. Will definitely recommend them!! All of our neighbors keep complimenting our walkway!!!

09/18/2016

FRANK P.

It went very well. They started a few days earlier than estimated. There were two changes: 1) They needed to waterproof under the back porch and a drain for the driveway was necessary. The back porch waterproofing had 3 sides and had to be hand dug. The extra cost was reasonable. 2) Originally a drain in the driveway was not thought necessary, but out of precaution and second thought, Jared advised it should be put in. He said that since he initially thought that a drain would not be necessary, he would not charge us the $1,200 that they usually charge, and he ate the cost. Most appreciative! The workers were all very pleasant and helpful and cleaned up well after the job. They were the low bid out of three contractors and provide a detailed contract (that the other two did not). My wife was particularly concerned about her garden and grass. Jared and his workers took great care in causing as little damage as possible in the garden area and actually brought in extra soil to extend the garden out. My wife (being a former teacher) also liked how Jared and the crew explained everything what was going to happen. There were no bad surprises. We highly recommend Jared and his crew and have done so in our neighborhood. We plan to have him waterproof the last side of our house next spring.

Description of Work
New concrete driveway and outside basement waterproofing on two sides of the house.

08/02/2016

Franklin M.

The plan was to dig on the north side of the house, inside the garage where the foundation was, and on the southeast corner of the house, then to clean and seal the walls, put in new drain tile, and tie into the existing connection to the street. This plan didn't survive the first day. They found no drain tile in the garage, on the north side of the house, or on the south side of the house. The north and south downspouts tied into a poorly constructed, against-code pipe that went to the back of the house and under it. The front downspout went back into and under our porch. The concrete pipe had disintegrated and the water was eating a large hole under our porch and garage. I think that within 5-10 years, that portion of the house would have started to shift or give way. Lastly, the exterior mortar on the foundation had completely worn away. This exposed the foundation to even more moisture and possibly pests too. Evans was able to trench to the footer and lay new drain tile in each location, they then trenched to the street from both the north and south side of the house. They located the storm and sanitary connections and tied in the new drain tiles. They also replaced the clean outs for both street connections. Evans added several clean outs in each location, as well. They cleaned, parged, and tared each exposed wall and filled it in with #57 gravel. They then brought in topsoil and topped off each trench. Where they had to cut and remove concrete, the poured new, including a brand new step to my porch, when they could have just patched it. The fence on the north side of the house had to be removed to get the excavator in. They replaced the posts with brand new ones, even though they did not have to do so. They also worked with our disabled neighbor to move her car every day to have enough room to work. When all the work was done, they power washed our porch, driveway, and garage, and the neighbor’s driveway. All-in-all, the four day job took 11 straight days to complete. The crew even worked on the weekend in order to be ready for one of the city inspections by Monday.

Description of Work
We were getting water in our basement since we bought the house seven years ago. The previous owners hid this from us. The water was coming in primarily at our downspout tie-ins. Furthermore, we needed to brick up the old hole for the coal shoot in our basement wall. This was also hidden from us by the previous owners.

08/02/2016

Franklin M.

09/07/2015

Charles E.

The Evan's brothers and crew are the hardest working and most conscientious young men I've had the pleasure of doing business with. Their work is meticulous. A number of my neighbors were so impressed with their hard work and good natured attitudes that they have contracted with them as well. Additionally Jared works closely with our city inspectors and takes his permits and inspections very seriously. I spoke with one inspector who mentioned their fine working relationship and confidence in the Evan's brothers. Jared and I have discussed future projects and I look forward to working with them in the future.

Description of Work
New concrete driveway, side walk, apron, and pad for compressors and firewood.

05/03/2015

Brian M.

They tied out everything with the city permits and inspections. They were genuinely friendly people.

Description of Work
Dug down to footer, much of it by hand, removed 46 lanyard feet of compacted clay soil, replaced footer drain pipes and gutter drains, tied existing sump pump line into gutter drain, washed and sealed walls with mortar, then tar, filled with stone up to last 1.5 feet, then topsoil.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

05/02/2015

Lucinda E.

Jared responded to the call promptly, gave complete information about the estimated cost and timing of the work and delivered as promised. He provided good communication along the way when work had to be postponed due to weather.

Description of Work
We contacted Evans Concrete and Waterproofing to replace a section of our driveway that was cracked and sunken in, and also to replace the garage floor.

07/30/2014

kevin D.

Jared has performed a number of projects at my property over the last four years from painting the interior and exterior, installing a new roof, snow removal, fence staining, etc., and he has consistently performed above my expectations. When he decided to start a new business laying concrete, I immediately took advantage of this service as well. I am very critical of any work done to my home, as I take pride in maintaining the ascetics and integrity of a home that's over 100 years old. Any time I contact a contractor to perform work, I know exactly what I want in advance and make it clear that I have high expectations. With that being said, there is no one that I trust more than Jared Evans, as he understands these expectations and shares the same vision. Because of this trust, I have relied upon him to make recommendations on products, materials, colors, layout, etc., and like always, the final product from this project was even better than I expected. He quoted a price that was more than fair, completed the project on-time, and the work was both flawless and professional. In fact, I continually hear comments from friends and family about the quality of the work - I only wish there was a way to include a photo, as the image would speak for itself. As a current Angies List member, I take the referral process very serious and would only recommend someone that will under-promise and over-deliver.

Description of Work
Laid a new concrete walkway and built a 12 x 12 pavilion with a concrete foundation for my sauna.

N B ENTERPRISES INC

Nick knows houses and buildings. He has been serving the housing industry for over 25 years. Nick graduated from the Westside Institute of Technology Building Engineering Program and has applied this expertise to local building structures and the waterproofing profession for over 10 years. He has been a loyal resident of Cleveland his entire life. He serves his community with honesty, hard work and integrity. What does this mean to you as a customer? You can count on us being: • Reliable • Knowledgeable • Having Integrity • Us producing Long-term benefits for your home’s foundation Business Stability: Owner Nick Berardi has been in the waterproofing business for over 10 years, owns his own equipment and has two teams of dedicated employees (no sub-contractors). His work crews are dependable, and many team members have a history of longevity with NB Enterprises. Personalized Customer Service --A trademark of NB Enterprises-- Nick personally supervises each site to ensure that all questions get answered to the customer’s satisfaction and that the work quality exceeds customer expectations. Nick believes in educating his customers about the long-term benefits of exterior waterproofing. Give us a call to benefit from the experience and expertise Nick and his team has in Waterproofing!

Chimney Guys Ohio

Check our website for current promotions. All major credit cards accepted. Sub contracting not an option. We won't show up for another company, and only WE will show up to do work on your home. No surprises.

Wheeler & Son Cement Contractors

Wheeler & Son has been an established business since 1993. Specializing in concrete work and waterproofing, this company works in all commercial and residential environments throughout Lake County (Ohio) & several of the surrounding areas. We do the job right the first time, so you are happy through the life of your project. Mark, the owner, is present on every job so you have the comfort of knowing the owner is overseeing your project. Mark also will do your estimate. Owner, Mark Wheeler, has over 35 years of experience and prides himself on treating each job as if it were his own home. If you have more questions or would like to schedule a free estimate, please contact. We hope to hear from you soon!

Ask For Details

Sidewalks & Driveways, Stamped Concrete, Waterproofing, Masonry Tuck Pointing, Powerwashing, Concrete Sealing, Snow Removal