Roofing by Simon

Founded 1978 • With Angi since January 2005

989 Sandy Lake Rd

Kent, OH 44240

We'll make sure your home makes a striking impression, adding the greatest curb appeal in your neighborhood. Attention to detail, quality products and quality craftsmanship is key. Your choice of roofing material is an important decision when protecting your home from the elements, bringing out the beauty and extending the useful service life of your roof system. Homeowners have numerous choices of products, styles and design options. There are several shingle and shingle type materials . . . Asphalt, Wood, Tile, Metal, Composite and more . . . Choosing the right contractor to install your roof is just as important as selecting quality materials. With so many products available, we'll help you make "Your Best and Safest Choice." We are a full service roofing company and we will handle everything from a new roof installation, restoration and maintenance to re-roofs and repairs. All with the assurance that can solely come with years of experience. Quality craftsmanship and design are key - and we go beyond the basics with innovative maintenance programs, extended warranties and great customer service, ensuring our customers' satisfaction and their roof's long term performance. 10 Employees. No subs. Cost determined by the job. No travel charge. $75 charge for 24 hour emergency service. Member of nari. GAF certification number - MEO4411....

12/05/2017

norman M.

The crew did a great job. The workmanship is excellent. They arrived on time each day and cleaned up before they left. A very professional contractor.

Description of Work
Replaced shingles and gutters.

02/04/2015

Garry B.

Description of Work
New roof Tear off of old roof New gutters and downspouts Came when they said they would Did an outstanding job Clean up was good

02/04/2015

09/24/2014

Catherine E.

Simon answered all my questions promptly and went out of his way to see that the job was done well. His charge was competitive and included a discount for seniors. I was definitely satisfied and would recommend him to others.

Description of Work
I hired Simon to replace the gutters and downspouts on our home.

08/05/2014

James V.

Simon was a great guy to deal with. He did what he said he was going to do when he said he would do it which was nice after dealing with many other roofers who didn't. Good price and did a good job. Replaced ridge cap, flashing and bad plywood section

Description of Work
Roof repair

01/24/2014

Garry B.

Description of Work
Complete roof,gutters and spouting.

12/14/2013

Keith H.

very pleased with the work

Description of Work
gutter installation; reshingling

08/12/2013

John G.

He was careful to give us the options when we ordered the roof. He replaced the roof and skylights. While replacing the roof, he repaired the downspouts and reattached some siding at no additional charge. The crew was fast and very professional. I really like this company.

Description of Work
He replaced our roof and skylights.

08/12/2013

John C.

I had what appeared to be a roof leak and contacted Simon to come out and take a look. He arrived timely and went to the area to assess the situation. He quickly realized that the leak was not from the roof, but from a gap caused by a piece of siding that had shifted. He went up the ladder, fixed the piece of siding, came back down and wished us a good day, and did not charge me a penny. That is an honest contractor that realizes that a simple good deed will be rewarded in the future.

Description of Work
Provider moved a piece of siding back into place.

06/02/2013

Gary K.

The work was completed when promised. The crew were very careful to insure that existing landscaping was protected. They thoroughly cleaned up all debris each day. They were very friendly, yet professional. Several minor, none roofing issues (window and siding) were noted and addressed by Simon and his crew. I would highly recommend this roofer.

Description of Work
Removed old roofing materials. Installed new shingles, ice guard, ridge vents, drip edge, etc.

05/01/2013

brian G.

He was very nice, professional, and worked around my schedule to come out and give me an estimate. However, he wasn't my lowest estimate so I went with another company.

Description of Work
I asked this company for a roofing estimate.

04/23/2013

Seth A.

I called Simon for a replacement estimate after a storm. He fixed a couple shingles that blew off in a storm and told me the roof had a couple more years of useful life. I'd certainly call Simon for any future work that I may have done.

Description of Work
Gave estimate for roof replacement. Indicated that the roof had 2+ years of life left.

05/17/2012

Richard H.

This was one of the best experiences I have had with any type of home maintenance/repair company. The relatively large crew was courteous and friendly. They worked hard and efficiently on our house for 2 1/2 days and they politely answered questions I had during the project. Also during the project, Simon regularly asked me if I was pleased or if I had any concerns with the work. Simon even offered to to do a few small jobs for free during the installation of the roof and the skylights. He noticed the need for these repairs. I didn't ask him to do them. For example, he offered to repair a downspout which was loose and to close a hole from an old bird's nest in a cedar siding board. All appointments (estimate and actual work) were done on time. Overall, I had the feeling that my roof and skylights were being replaced by a highly competent crew. Soon after the job was completed, I called Simon about an unattractive area on my cedar siding. Although that area had nothing to do with his work on my house, he came back to my house, climbed up on the roof and repaired the area. We are very pleased with our new roof and skylights. The whole experience with this company was first class.

Description of Work
Simon replaced our roof and skylights. It is a contemporary house with many steep angles.

Category roofing, skylights

05/02/2012

Robin M.

We originally called Simon to do a small repair for us. After assessing my roof he said we had wind damage and should do an insurance claim which we did. State Farm sent their adjuster and told us no wind damage but a few missing shingles. I was not satisfied with that answer and requested a new adjustment which they finally granted and the new adjuster was in complete agreement that we needed a new roof due to wind damage. I am so thankful that We chose to use Simon. He came highly recommended from 2 people I have known for over 30 years. He was the only roofer I called. He is a professional through and through. He stuck with us through countless requests etc... from State Farm over a nine month period. He always contacted me when necessary and called me back when requested within a day. Finally this past week we had the new roof installed! It looks great and was done in a timely manner. Simon's crew were very respectful and willing to move a vehicle and such when asked. They cleaned up after they finished and you could not tell they had been there. The thing that impressed me the most about the crew was that they said "thank you" to me for the work after the job was complete. Here I was thanking them for a job well done and they thanked me right back. Wow, is all I can say! Thank you , Thank you, Thank you to Simon and his crew. You will not be disappointed if you hire them to do the work you need done.

Description of Work
We had a roof tear off and new roof installed along with slight gutter work and sealing a skylight.

03/29/2012

Phillip F.

Everything was excellent. They did good work and cleaned up. They came out and did the job quickly.

Description of Work
They did work on my gutters for me.

01/12/2012

Paul D.

great job veay good

Description of Work
new roofing and boades

07/26/2011

Kathryn S C.

The owner came out and was very friendly. I think he had to find another contractor to give a complete bid, but never did.

Description of Work
Roofing By Simon came out and made a bid for roofing, but never told me what the bid was.

Made three attempts to return calls.The job required a stucco contractors unable to help

12/02/2010

Phillip F.

Prompt response for estimate. Performed work on time and with no hassles. My only wish was that they accepted credit card.

Description of Work
Car port flat roof attached to house needed replaced.

11/15/2010

Peter L.

The house has a very complicated and steep roof. The process was very quickly done -- 2 days for the roof and 1 day for the gutters. Simon uses a large crew, about 10 or so, and they all were working -- no standing around. The roof looks great as do the gutters. He is a member of NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry) and BBB, and they have high standards. The roofing is by GAF and has a good guarantee.

Description of Work
Removed old roofing and gutters. Installed new roofing and gutters.

07/07/2008

ROBERT & JINA K.

It was excellent. He answered our call in a timely manner. We called him and ten minutes later he was at our house to repair the damage to the roof. He was very nice and professional. He was very informative and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
We had some damage to the roof due to the wind, it had blown some of the shingles off and there was a crack and they repaired this all.

07/21/2007

LAURA B.

He was very professional, courteous and just a good honest guy. He had the lowest estimate out of several. He had to go through a process to get the roof approved by the city, something he would not normally have to do. He didn't charge extra for that. He had a really good attitude about everything.

Description of Work
New roof.

03/21/2007

BARBARA B.

They also brought my ventilation up to city code and gave me a 35-40 year extended warranty. They put up spouting and really cleaned up after themselves well and I'd recommend them to everyone!

Description of Work
They tore off two roofs and installed new ones.

07/04/2006

L S.

Best of the best. From project estimate through project completion....a painless experience. Simon has his stuff together. He knows his business and products, is highly organized, prompt, professional, and quality oriented. Work was executed seamlessly even with some rain delay. Simon's roofing crew was competent, hardworking, fast, and polite. Same for his gutter subcontractor. Roof is beautiful and I have received several complements on the shingle color/texture since it's recent completion. Bottom line: High quality work priced right.

Description of Work
Project on my L-shaped ranch home basically entailed: 1)Tear-off of 2 layers of badly deteriorated existing shingles + underlayment. 2)Cutting in of new ridge vent. 3)Building of new chimney saddle. 4)Installation of new GAF roof system. 5)Replacement of old gutters with new. 6)Site cleanup and hauling of scrap.

01/02/2005

SANFORD M.

SIMON AND HIS WORKERS WERE EXTRAORDINARILY COMPETENT AND QUICK. HIS ESTIMATE WAS SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER THAN OTHERS WE HAD, AND HIS WORK COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER AT ANY PRICE. THE WORKERS WERE PROMPT, QUIET, QUICK, AND CLEAN. ALL QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED CLEARLY AND AT ONCE. SIMON RECOMMENDED TYPES AND COLORS OF SHINGLES ON OUR REQUEST BUT DIDN'T PRESSURE US TOWARD ANY PARTICULAR DECISIONS. LATER WE DECIDED TO HAVE OUR OLD GUTTERS REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH NEW COVERED ONES. ORIGINALLY, WE WEREN'T AWARE THAT HE HANDLED THAT. HIS MEN REMOVED THE OLD GUTTERS, AND HE BROUGHT IN TWO MEN FROM A SEPARATE FIRM THAT SPECIALIZES IN GUTTER WORK TO INSTALL THE NEW ONES; HE ACCEPTS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR WORK. IT, TOO, WAS PERFECT. WHEN THE ROOFERS AND GUTTER INSTALLERS LEFT, OUR GROUNDS WERE CLEAR OF DEBRIS, SCRAPS, OLD NAILS, ETC. BECAUSE WE WERE VERY PLEASED WITH THE QUALITY OF THEIR MATERIALS, PROFESSIONALISM, AND WORKMANSHIP, WE RECOMMEND ROOFING BY SIMON AS 100% SATISFACTORY.

Description of Work
THE OLD SHINGLES WERE REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH A BETTER GRADE. NEWLY EXPOSED ROTTEN WOOD AROUND THE CHIMNEY WAS REPLACED WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COST. AFTERWARDS THE OLD GUTTERS WERE REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH NEW COVERED GUTTERS AND DOWNSPOUTS. THE ROOFING WAS $6,000 AND COVERED GUTTERS WERE $2,000.

Infinity from Marvin Cleveland

PREMIUM INFINITY FROM MARVIN FIBERGLASS WINDOWS AND DOORS. OUR PRODUCTS: Our complete line of home windows & doors are custom-made for your home using our proprietary Ultrex fiberglass that is 8 times stronger than vinyl. The durability of Ultrex, combined with our timeless designs & finishes, will ensure your windows & doors withstand the test of time. OUR AWARD-WINNING SERVICE: Our goals with every customer are to provide a worry-free process & an exceptional experience. We also back our service up with a Lifetime Service and Installation Warranty. We'll take care of all the details, you sit back & enjoy your new view. ABOUT US: Backed by a company with over 100 years’ experience, Infinity from Marvin - Cleveland provides premium Infinity from Marvin fiberglass replacement windows & patio doors for your home.

Offers by Infinity from Marvin Cleveland on Angi
    Window City Pros LLC

With over 30 years of industry experience, Chad Howman founded Window City Pros to provide customers with access to cost-effective windows from masters within the market. What started as a handful of employees has flourished into a thriving organization serving Northeast Ohio.

NRG Masters

Since 1983, Northcoast Energy Masters has been providing Cleveland, Akron and all of northeast Ohio with top quality replacement windows, doors, insulation and vinyl siding. We have thousands of satisfied customers. Our pledge is to provide you with quality replacement windows, insulation, doors, vinyl siding, and sunrooms at the fairest price. We take the time to listen to your concerns and needs, and offer the best possible solution to fit your budget. This, in turn, builds our reputation by your repeat business and referral of your family and friends. As a member of pro, professional remodels of Ohio, North Coast Energy Masters is pledged to observe high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility in the conduct of business. We offer you the latest ideas from around the nation to serve you better. North Coast Energy Masters is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau and Angie's List. In fact, we are a 10+ year Angie's List super service award winner. We are a member of Contractors Network of America and PRO. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured. 10-20 employees. Uses AAMA installation masters installers. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Evenings & weekends by appt. Additional phones- 440-439-1850, 440-734-9250. Additional emails- sales@worldclasswindows.com. Additional web - www.worldclasswindows.com. Additional DBAs - Northcoast Energy Masters Inc, Sun Home Services Inc.

Residential & commercial. flashing work and skylights, renovation & new construction, seamless gutter & down spout, leaf proofing, windows, siding & roofing.