Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton

Founded 1953 • With Angi since July 1998

4.2

1163 Holiday Dr

Kent, OH 44240

Through 60 years, Champion uniquely provides trusted “Single Source” responsibility (typically including a lifetime warranty) Champion helps you design your project, build it, install it, and comprehensively guarantee it. Customers have shared following installation of their Champion product investment they have dropped their energy bills, increased their homes comfort, enhanced their re-sale value, protected their family's health - and experienced their best home project - ever! As a result of this unique capability, Champion has grown to become the most trusted home improvement company in the USA, with over 70 locations nationally including a showroom and professional service right here in the local Northeast Ohio area! Check out Champion’s reputation at Angie’s List, the Better Business Bureau – or just ask your neighbors! Want more information? Visit www.getchampion.com or call 330-678-2345. ...

09/22/2017

PATRICIA N.

They did a good job, they put in a sliding glass door for us. It was excellent. The work itself and clean up was very good. They removed the whole door and replaced it.

Description of Work
Installation.

CAROL U.

One of the windows had a problem but they came up with a remedy.

Description of Work
They replaced 3 windows.

CAROL U.

They did a great job. Just one worker completed the job. He wore shoe covers.

Description of Work
They replaced 3 windows.

Gerald U.

We're very satisfied. I really don't remember the price. We have not had any problems.

Description of Work
They installed new windows.

09/07/2016

Christine M.

It was very well done, we were very happy with it. They came and tore up the old roof, they did it quickly and efficiently. They cleaned up everything. Their cleanup was remarkable. They put on the roof quickly. There was nothing that they could have done differently, I was very pleased.

Description of Work
I got a roof on.

10/26/2014

Connie B.

Champion did a fantastic job! We have received many comments on how beautiful the work is. We had unsatisfactory experiences in the past with other siding installation companies, but Champion started and finished the job when they said they would, communicated very well, and the work is top notch. Their estimate was higher than the other estimates by 33%, but we believe we got a higher quality product with regard to the materials, written warranty, and the demonstrated quality of workmanship...done right the first time and on time. We would highly recommend Champion to anyone looking for high quality work.

Description of Work
Sided house.

Category siding, replacement windows

08/21/2014

Roy W.

They have been wonderful to work with .The windows are stunning and we have been very happy with the craftsmanship. I would give them a 9 out of 10 only, because the sales person was supposed to come come out for a warranty meeting. They called to make an appointment for about a month later, but they were a no-show. I waited for about a week and I heard nothing back. I called them and the secretary said she would get back to us. A week later, the sales man called and said he wanted to set up another appointment. They were here on time for the job, they cleaned up their mess and they were helpful with answering questions.

Description of Work
They put 4 windows into our enclosed porch.

04/29/2014

Nupur G.

Their workmanship was very poor and the quality of the work was very poor. I have installed the siding and one of two sidings was for follow up and then we had to call them to fix it. They have terrible work and we have paid $13000. The person who gave us the estimate, his integrity is very doubtful. I was very frustrated with the man.

Description of Work
I used the services of Champion Windows of Akron.

Category siding

03/10/2014

linda B.

The door was installed correctly and now keeps out all the cold air that was leaking from our old storm door.

Description of Work
Installed a storm door.

01/28/2014

Joan B.

Started one month later than promised. Material used was excellent. Poor finish work/fixed. Poor communication between the workers and the boss. Work is still not done. Check back with me later | |Jack S. Bader

Description of Work
12x12 Sunroom.

Category patios

12/17/2013

judith C.

I love my windows and the service was good. They installed it quickly and efficiently. They completed the work in one day and cleaned up well. I have no complaints and I would recommend their service to others.

Description of Work
They installed a sliding glass door, four windows in the front, and double windows in the bedroom.

10/29/2013

Ann L.

The workers were prompt, hard working and cleaned the yard and bushes of nails and debris. The company representative who gave us the estimate showed us many samples and explained the different roofs.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof, the previous roof was not installed properly leaving extra work for them to correct from another company(Sheriff, Goslin)

Category roofing, replacement windows

08/26/2013

Lee Anne C.

This was a huge job for a very old house in Greenville, PA. I was more than pleased with their quality and their men. I have never seen anyone work as hard as the workers did on my house, ever, and I have had a lot of workers through this old house! They worked 10-12 hours a day and had a 1.75 hour drive, one way each day. They were extremely professional and very honest about their products and services. They are prompt, courteous and the quality is like nothing I have ever seen in siding. I had a $30,000 job with lead paint and many, many cuts that needed to be done around many windows and doors. The house is located on a main road and I have had so many compliments and comments about how beautiful it is. Although I lost some of the architectural details on my home, I gained a brand new looking house!!! Thanks Champion! Thanks to Frank the foreman, Robert, Billy, and Kevin (?), for all of your dedication and services!! Thanks for driving guys!! Lee Anne

Description of Work
Siding

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

08/23/2013

Robin S H.

They were on time, quick & efficient and cleaned up all traces of installation. explained product & installaton clearly.

Description of Work
Installed 3 replacement windows.

04/15/2013

Robert N.

They were very reasonable. They didn’t down the other person but were confident in their estimate. We had a problem that they came right out and fixed without any hassle at all. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They did a great job!

Category siding

04/01/2013

Nancy M.

The process went very well, with a few bumps in the process that you experience anytime you do such a project.

Description of Work
Installation of a four season Patio Room.

Category sunrooms

12/29/2012

Karen A.

SEE ABOVE

Description of Work
Replacement of sliding glass patio doors. Came on time protected carpet and other furnishes. Work done as promised. LOVE THE DOOR.

12/20/2012

Ellery L.

No high pressure sales tactics! Install crew was excellent - timely professional, left the place spotless - really impressive!

Description of Work
Installed 4 new patio doors & 1 door & window.

12/12/2012

David E.

Estimator was knowledgeable not pushy. Delivery was ahead of schedule. Installation careful and efficient, clean, follow up excellent. All employee treated our home with respect.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 windows. Double casement with diamond grids.

12/03/2012

MARJORIE W.

Trevor met with me at my home and walked me through the process. later a service member came and measured my windows a few weeks later a team of installers arrived with my custom made window. My home is quieter and warmer. I lowered the thermostat 2.

Description of Work
Remove existing windows and install a new windows.

11/30/2012

Regina H.

The salesman was very friendly and knowledgeable. I was happy with the installation process overall.

Description of Work
Patio enclosure was built onto the back of my home.

11/29/2012

Richard K.

Home improvement show was impressive. Salesman was helpful and friendly. The price and guilty was right. All workers were on time, qualified professionals and left the premise clean.

Description of Work
They removed 17 year old windows and replaced them with 17 new vinyl windows and installed outside trim.

11/17/2012

Dianna P.

Went to the show room to purchase a patio door. Was impressed by the product and also bought a front door that I needed as well. I was very explicit about the concern of my patio door opening as the existing door had fallen and was unsure of what would be found for support. They installers came (2) one experienced and one learning. The more experience worker spent allot of time on his cell phone, not talking business, leaving the less experienced worker to do most of the work. The patio door was taking longer than expected. When they were done with the door it was not right. I could feel air coming from the top and the bottom. They noticed they did not remove some parts to make the door tight. The door did not seem level either. I had them work on the door to fix it but then was frustrated. They started on the front door. Again the more experienced worker was on the phone. They removed the old door. They brought the new door in the house and placed it up against the opening. I was sitting in my dinning room watching and working as I had to take a day off work. The next thing I saw was the new front door fall on to my hardwood floors landing with a bang. Fortunately there as only a slight blemish to the floor and no damage to the door. I was now very nervous to what I was getting. When they went to install the door the door was too large for the opening. The store manager had come and measured this himself, not a good feeling. They had to cut the threshold down and cut in to my hardwood floors. They took down the wood trim and asked if I wanted it back or new. When I asked would the new trim match they told me no as it was an older home. I wanted it to match. Of course now the door was higher than the original and the trim was not fitting right. They caulked the gaps, sloppily it was a mess. When I asked what they were going to do for the opening in the hardwood floor he said he would put clear calk down. This was a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch gap. NO WAY. By this point I was frustrated and just let them finish. The door was obviously not square in the opening and I said I was not certain that it looked right. At this point I wanted them to leave and it was obvious they were over the amount of time they had thought the job would take. The salesman came out a couple weeks later to see the work and get my impression. I explained the whole experience and he agreed there were issues and would have the service supervisor call me. 2 weeks went by no response. I called and asked to speak to the service supervisors. When I spoke with him he seemed more annoyed that I was calling than concerned his workers did a poor job. He was going to call me back and another two weeks went by. When he came out he admitted that there were issues with the installation of both doors. I expalined that I couldn't have my rug for the front door out as I could not open the door with it. The installer told me I would need to get a shorter rug. The manager said they should have adjusted the door height. I was hopeful. They cam back and a third person came this time. They did fix they front door to being square, however they new they would need to replace the trim and did not go get it until they came to that point and we had to wait for an hour until the worker came back. they put quarter-round molding on the gap, not what I feel was acceptable, but what do I know, I am just a woman. The patio door still had issues and each time I would say something I was dismissed as I did not know what I was talking about. I have done a great deal of home improvements in this house and I do know what I was talking about. I called again and was treated as if I had no right to call and complain. I finally had my father who was an attorney call the corporate office to get some help as I was now so frustrated with the facility that I no longer wanted them to come to my house. Corporate was helpful in getting some help. after weeks of explaining the situation and sending pictures I did get another person to come out and they agreed with me. The assured me they could fix the situation by completely reinstalling the door. Again I was hopeful. But once again the patio door still has issues. What it basically comes down to is their installers can not deal with a not perfect opening. The door is sealed but the frame does not sit square in the opening and it looks stupid. I am living with it. I think the product is a good product but I do not believe this company trains their installers to the level they should be for the price of the product.

Description of Work
I had a front door and a patio door replaced in my home

Category doors

11/09/2012

Brenda E.

The new windows are very nice. The workers scratched furniture and walls and chipped marble window ledges. Broken glass was left in my driveway. When I mentioned the damages the installers said they didn't do it. I am a widow living alone and felt intimidated.

Description of Work
New windows installed throughout, a total of thirteen.

10/30/2012

Sandy W.

The salesman, Frank talked us through everything. He described the window to us inside and out. He really showed us the window. He really took his time with us and answered any questions we had. The people who did the installation were in and out finishing the job in two days. They were professional and really knew their trade. They were wonderful. They cleaned up after themselves too. This was a good experience.

Description of Work
They installed 4 replacement windows. Because our experience was so good we bought a door from them.

Category replacement windows, doors

“Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We will be sure to pass your comments on.”

Zen Windows Cleveland

Family-owned and proudly local, Zen Windows Cleveland offers high-quality replacement windows and doors. From start to finish, we provide our customers with an easy, simple and painless buying experience. We believe in doing things right the first time, and offering quality products that will last a lifetime. We only offer quality products and chose the best crews to install because we back it up with an excellent warranty. Unlike our competitors who only give you a one-year labor warranty on their products and services. Zen Windows offers you a lifetime warranty including glass breakage on the products we put in your home and back the workmanship not only as long as you live in the home but transfer other homeowners in the future. We like to say "you will never spend another dime on your windows." Zen is different on so many levels we don't spend several hours in your home trying to sell you windows we go at your pace and when you are ready not trying to pressure you into buying. Buying from Zen is an online experience and very low pressure. We keep our overhead low so we can pass the savings on to our customers. Personally, I have 26 years in the window and door industry and know more than most of my competitors about the products that we install in your home. Zen Cleveland installers have been the business for 25+ years and do an excellent job taking care of the finer details. Many of our competitors want you to pay in advance when ordering windows and doors, we don't ask for anything until the windows and/or doors are installed in your home and you are satisfied.

Offers by Zen Windows Cleveland on Angi
    Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and Windows

Fast, Affordable, & Dependable. Over 35 years in business, Family Owned and operated. We specialize in the complete exterior envelope, Windows, Siding, Roofing, Gutters and Doors. What's in your future? Maybe a new roof for your home or possibly a complete exterior makeover? Talk with one of our roofing, window or siding professionals to find the action that best fits your needs. We're happy to make some repairs to buy you some time, or make a replacement if it is needed. You want a contractor you can trust, and one who has the experience to help you make some major decisions. We will listen to your goals, desires, and help alleviate any concerns. We will walk you through the process like you were one of our family.

Offers by Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and Windows on Angi
    Infinity from Marvin Cleveland

PREMIUM INFINITY FROM MARVIN FIBERGLASS WINDOWS AND DOORS. OUR PRODUCTS: Our complete line of home windows & doors are custom-made for your home using our proprietary Ultrex fiberglass that is 8 times stronger than vinyl. The durability of Ultrex, combined with our timeless designs & finishes, will ensure your windows & doors withstand the test of time. OUR AWARD-WINNING SERVICE: Our goals with every customer are to provide a worry-free process & an exceptional experience. We also back our service up with a Lifetime Service and Installation Warranty. We'll take care of all the details, you sit back & enjoy your new view. ABOUT US: Backed by a company with over 100 years’ experience, Infinity from Marvin - Cleveland provides premium Infinity from Marvin fiberglass replacement windows & patio doors for your home.

Offers by Infinity from Marvin Cleveland on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Replacement windows. Sunrooms. Patio rooms. Vinyl siding. Entry doors & roofing

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton

How is Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton overall rated?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton is currently rated 4.2 overall out of 5.

What days are Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton open?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton is open:

What payment options does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton provide

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton offer free estimates?

Yes, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton offers free project estimates.

Does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton offer a senior discount?

No, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton?

Yes, Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton offers warranties.

What services does Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton offer?

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Akron/Canton offers the following services: Replacement windows. Sunrooms. Patio rooms. Vinyl siding. Entry doors & roofing