Apollo Heating & Cooling

Founded 2004 • With Angi since November 2008

100% Right or 100% Free is the way we do business. Plus...we're nice people! Family owned with over 40 years of experience. You can't go wrong when you choose Apollo for your heating and cooling needs. We service and install heating and cooling equipment, boilers, hot water tanks, the new

Do You Need Heating Installation in Akron?Professional Heating Maintenance in AkronAkron Furnace Repairs

4.4

HVAC Companies (45)water heaters (4)gas leak repair (1)water softeners (1)plumbers (1)

01/24/2023

Deborah W.

The service is excellent. I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
He fixed the leaked in the pipe.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 01/17/2023

08/13/2022

Timothy D.

Austin came out diagnosed the problem and gave me a repair estimate. Since it was going to cost $1700or more to fix our 23-year-old furnace blower and board, we decided to replace the furnace instead. Allan came that same day and gave us our options. We chose a 96% energy efficient model furnace. Dave and Bill came out the very next morning and installed it. Workmanship was excellent. New thermostat needs no batteries. Three times the cost of the repair to the old furnace, but with brand-new everything we have reliability ahead for decades instead of frequent heating and cooling failures. We should get some of that money back in energy cost savings in years to come. Not dreading the coming cold winter with our brand-new furnace all set to keep us warm. Amazing turnaround time from my service call to a brand-new system installed. I am very impressed so far.

Description of Work
AC was not functioning because furnace blower was not coming on

Work Completed On 08/12/2022

08/11/2022

Jeff B.

Excellent from the word go!! Kyle came out first day to give a quote. Excellent customer service and very knowledgeable. George came out the following day and inspected what was needed for both AC and the heater. Again excellent customer service and knowledgeable . Didn’t push for the Cadillac version of either. Recommended what Was the most efficient and trusted products. Arranged for next day install. Today again welcomed a very friendly team of installers: Jimmy O, Joseph,Rob and Shane. They reviewed what to expect and asked if I had any questions before proceeding . They even helped type in an already installed hot water tank with a new line . The 4 of them installed and cleaned up within 5 hours of arrival. Again very courteous and professional as were all involved!! They had a couple other installers help out as they had just finished another job. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for HVAC work.

Description of Work
Replaced both AC and heater.

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

Review for Apollo Heating & Cooling - 4494 State Rte 43, Kent, OH - 39831640

05/09/2022

Johnico N.

They did nothing to help the situation they they charged me for a call did nothing and with owning a home full time job and a 600 credit score would not finance even with a down payment so still no hot water what a joke I can by a 30,000 car nut not a d*** water heater oh Aldo they don't answer the phone

Description of Work
Absolutely a joke

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/09/2022

02/10/2022

Wrae Ellen V.

Everything was done in one da. The team that worked on my home was polite, respectful of our property, efficient and explained exactly what they were doing. They cleaned up after the installation and we are very happy we hired Apollo. The company even follows up installations with a quality person who comes back to verify settings.

Description of Work
Hot water tank, Air Conditioner, Furnace, Humidifier

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/10/2022

09/17/2020

Scott W.

Awesome ...sales person actually listened to my wants and expectations and built quotes around what i wanted. Explained the differences in types and sizes of units and made several recommendation options for me to choose from. Very after installation care and service program. All of the people I encountered were super friendly and polite. Especially when you call in the office to be greeted by a happy sounding voice rather then just hello....wonderful. May not have been the lowest estimate but they worked around what I wanted/needed not what they wanted to sell me (2 others ignored what brands I was looking for ). Thanks for the great experience

Description of Work
Ac and furnace replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

07/15/2020

JOHN L.

I live in a mobile home (14x60) in a mobile home park in Streetsboro, Ohio. We always use Angie's List to select a contractor since some contractors won't service mobile homes and estiments aren't always free. The A/C (Carrier 10yrs. old) was starting to blow warm air. We decided on Apollo. Josh the service man came out who is a professional and explained everything. We decided on a new Carrier A/C. Installers Rob evaporator coil and Allen outside unit worked well together and very professional. We bought a 5yr service warranty at a cost of $800.00 not going into all coverage. Total cost $4002.00. Installed 07-16-2020.

Description of Work
New central conditioner unit and evaporator coil .

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

05/28/2020

APRIL H.

Ralph was kind and informative. He really made sure we understood all aspects of buying a new air conditioning unit.

Description of Work
Replace AC unit

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

01/10/2018

DAN M.

This is just disappointing, my home already has the exact humidifier that was installed when the furnace was put in. Over the years it has corroded and no longer works so it is in need of replacement. When I was quoted over $600 to replace this unit I went on Amazon and found the exact unit for $249 all I needed to do was find someone to install it. HVAC companies are very much like sleazy homebuilders. They will not allow you to purchase your own equipment because God forbid they don't get to rip you off by doubling the price of the unit and just charge for their time. I have no idea what this company wanted to charge me because we never got that far… I told them that I was currently in possession of new equipment that just needs to be installed and they refused. But not before offering to charge me for service visit to tell me what I already know. The woman said "we don't know if you bought refurbished equipment or if it's even new", what difference does it make to them? I'm not asking them to warranty the equipment. All I wanted was for a local company to come out and swap out the units. Here's the funny part… In an effort to make a couple hundred dollars they have ensured that I will never do business with this company. I wish them the very best of luck in their continued success and hope for their sake that places like Amazon do not get into the HVAC business... You know, companies who care about customer service.

Description of Work
Replace customer provided Aprilair 700 automatic whole house humidifier

Work Completed On 01/10/2018

12/29/2017

Kathy H.

Called and they scheduled me right away. Let me know when to expect technician and he was right on time. Very professional, found the problem immediately and gave us several options for what could be done along with price points. I had called several area places and they had the best price for initial service call. Definitely have them programmed in my phone now!

Description of Work
Furnace in rental unit not working, suspected last tenant had messed with it. Removed a component

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

09/17/2017

Daniel W.

I think I bought an annual package for 170 bucks. They can make some improvements in their scheduling.

Description of Work
They did annual maintenance.

Work Completed On 06/17/2017

08/08/2017

John D.

Apollo was great start to finish. Steve came out and explained all aspects of the unti he quoted. When the tecs arrived they were ready and jumped right into replacing my system. They treated my house like it was theirs and paid attention to every detail and made sure i was completely satifisfied with their job before they left. The tec then came to inspect their work and tune my system to my house and made sure it was at its optimum efficency. I notices a $50 drop in my electric bill the first month. Cant wait until winter to see the savings in my gas bill. Oops did i just say that i cant wait til winter?????

Description of Work
We needed to replace our AC - of course it went out in the middle of summer. Since the furnace and AC were both 20 years old, we opted for both to be replaced with more efficient units.

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

06/27/2017

Daniel W.

The initial call, done by Elvis was great. Quick easy, and knowledgeable. However, I purchased the service contract, and scheduled the Summer A/C service right away, as the tech said the AC system was unbalanced, and would cause extra wear. They've now cancelled on me at the last minute THREE DIFFERENT TIMES, and have pushed it out over a month. One time, I understand. 2 times, maybe a fluke, but 3 times is just bad customer service.

Description of Work
Had a service tech out to fix my Heat, who sold me a service contract for 2 maintenance visits, which saved me 20% on labor and parts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], So sorry, no excuses. The first heatwave got the best of us this year. And you right one time maybe but three time is unacceptable. Just so you know, we are working very hard recruiting for more field technicians. We will not just hire anyone. We want good people working with us and with you our customer. Sorry once again. Greg Leisinger President

05/04/2017

Lawrence M.

Installers were fantastic! Made a special trip to complete the job after I took care of a plumbing problem that was discovered behind some ductwork. Super nice and did great job in a very timely manner. (Next day!) Would hire them again, hope I never have to.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement.

Work Completed On 03/31/2017

03/15/2017

Larry W.

Great, feel much more confident in my furnaces.

Description of Work
I was hearing a noise in my furnace and just needed some basic education about maintenance. Bob who came out was helpful and answered my questions withouy making me feel like I was special.

Work Completed On 03/10/2017

03/02/2017

Donald K.

Every time, and I really do mean EVERY time I spoke to an Apollo representative, be it the receptionist on the phone, a sales clerk, or a technician. It was very cheerful, and professional. Practically to the point of speaking with a friend. Every repair and even the install was the same. If there were options such as how a line was routed, the decision was left up to me, they asked and explained clearly the differences. I am more than impressed and this was one of the ONLY companies I ever contacted the owner to express my thoughts.

Description of Work
First off, let me explain my system is pushing 20 years old. In the past year my A/C became problematic. I found Apollo and they came out and quickly repaired the system. Soon another issued occurred and they came again and once again got us moving along. My wife and I decided it was time and after the new year we would purchase. During that time, my furnace acted up, now over the last few years, I replaced several components myself. Circuit card, overtemp sensor, and electronic ignition. Now the heat exchanger cracked. So, a new A/C and Furnace.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

10/17/2016

Elizabeth M.

Arrived, installed, and all done in about 1-1/2 hours. Very professional

Description of Work
Hot water heater

Work Completed On 10/08/2016

10/13/2016

Tom R.

The technician was only a lead sales rep. He checked the levels and performed a burnt electrical fuse repair. He also gave us prices and information about new units.

Description of Work
A/C unit died. It was very old, burnt a fuse, and was low on freon.

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

09/06/2016

Doreen S.

I had an excellent experience with Apollo. Everyone, the salesman, the secretary, and the installers treated me like family!! I especially like that they a residential and local company. They even sent me a thank you card with an insulated lunch box full of fresh baked cookies. I could not asked for more from Apollo.

Description of Work
I had a new air conditioner and pad installed.

Work Completed On 07/19/2016

07/12/2016

Lenore F.

Our service tech was extremely professional and efficient. He diagnosed the problem quickly, had the necessary part and replaced it successfully.

Description of Work
They replaced a relay switch on our air conditioner which broke at the worst possible time. We explained our emergency and tbey were kind enough to come and complete the job at 10:00PM when no one else would even return our calls.

Work Completed On 07/11/2016

04/13/2016

Rui M.

Sam came to my house couple hours after my call on Sunday morning. I talked to the customer service representative (Connie) and she was fantastic in terms of meeting her promises in getting someone to look at my furnace problem on a Sunday. Sam did a great job not only investigating the issue I was having but also explaining to me the work he was doing and how the furnace system operates. He clearly had the right tolls with him and the proper knowledge in place in order to perform his job and solve the problem. One important thing to emphasize is the fact they really act like their slogan: they are very nice people, very pleasant and very easy to work with. Definitely a great service provider to have on our phone book.

Description of Work
Checked several items in my furnace to investigate an issue about the furnace completely shutting off itself on a regular basis.

Cost $206.5

Work Completed On 04/03/2016

12/21/2015

Peter F.

I would not ever use or recommend Apollo heating and cooling, they are not honest and want to overcharge you for parts and work that doesn't need done or they want you to buy a new furnace for big money. if you want to spend the most money and be conned into extra parts and work that doesn't need done , this is the company for that ! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

Description of Work
came out and charged me $89 for service charge when I was told it would only be $69 and replaced igniter and charged me $164 for a part that can be bought for $40. then told me circuit board and gas valve were bad and wanted $1100 to fix it or sell me a new furnace for $2500 and up. made $256 off me and my furnace still wasn't fixed. another company came out and told me circuit board for $485 installed and they fixed it .