Plant Masonry

Founded 1979 • With Angi since October 2011

Family owned. Additional contact name - Jerry Plant. Additional email - jerryplant@plantmasonry.com.

masonry (30)chimney cap repair (24)chimney repair (12)fireplace services (8)decks & porches (5)hardscaping (1)stucco (1)lighting (1)electrician (1)

09/05/2022

Jeff C.

Jody Plant Masonry did a complete chimney rebuilt. Jody, the owner, answered all my questions I had throughout the project. The work was done in a professional and timely manner. All the workers were polite and each and every day cleaned up after themselves. Anytime there was any type off issue, Jody was on it and had it taken care of right away. The final product looks great, and I would definitely use Jody 's company again in the future and would refer him to others. Also, the cost of the project was very competitive and fair.

Description of Work
Complete Chimney rebuilt from the from the roof line and up

Work Completed On 09/05/2022

Review for Plant Masonry - 201 S Main St, Johnstown, OH - 39860978

12/30/2021

REBECCA C.

Jerry was great. He came out initially to look at what the job would entail and discussed possible solutions to parging and reaching the area of concern. Once we were on the schedule, Jerry came and completed the work. We are pleased with the results and are waiting our order for the gas log set!

Description of Work
We needed to have additional work done to properly parge the smoke chamber of our living room fireplace so we could add a gas log set. A previous mason started the work but the fix failed and this mason would not schedule to come back.

Category decks, fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/22/2021

11/04/2021

Leonid L.

Went well. Guys worked hard! Small water amount got into attic when flashing was being replaced. Attic insulation is dry, somis ceiling, just a small ceiling stain that i will repaint later

Description of Work
Taken down and rebuilt Chimney Fireplace

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

09/04/2021

Sue H.

They were able to fit us in 4 weeks earlier than planned (yay!) and the work took about 1.5 days to complete, which is totally reasonable. The company is super responsive and the work looks great!

Description of Work
grinding out and tuckpointing all joints in chimney and adding a cap.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

07/17/2021

Jay A.

Excellent. Jody was very responsive and did great work in a timely manner. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
brick replacement around the house

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

10/01/2020

Vida F.

replaced/fixed joints and old grout on a large brick patio.

Description of Work
Excellent work!

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It has been a pleasure workin with you.

09/15/2020

Virginia W.

very well they all were very nice people and did an excellent job. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Chimney Repair

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

08/18/2020

Eric C.

Professional tuckpointed damaged brick (on front of house) at a reasonable price!

Description of Work
Masonry

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

08/10/2020

Tasleem P.

UPDATE: After posting a review here on Angie's List, the company contacted me about applying a second layer of concrete to the shoulder and resealing it. The new concrete is on, and looks much better, and I'm expecting the resealing to happen soon. Communication was generally clear and the final repair looks okay. There were are few problems, though. The cap on the shoulder is very uneven and it appears that two different materials were used (different color concrete). Also, it rained mid-repair, causing a leak that stained the ceiling below the chimney. I can't see the crown, so I don't know what condition it is in.

Description of Work
$3,800 to saw out and replace bad bricks on two-story chimney, reflash and caulk, resurface the crown, repair and cap shoulder, and seal it.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

Review for Plant Masonry - 201 S Main St, Johnstown, OH - 38785369

Hi [Member Name Removed]. We will come over one day soon if ok, and apply a second coat of water sealer, and buff that shoulder out smoother. Yes it did rain real hard one day after we left. I didn’t realize it was gonna rain that day and it washed off some of what we had done, leaving it part of it as it was before we did work on it. I will double check everything when we come back by We came by Friday and applied a second coat of water sealer to the chimney Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] for being patient

07/19/2020

LEROY E.

Jody Plant and his son were excellent to work with. They did a project that other masons would not even touch. Jody came up with a creative solution to make the porch more secure and beautiful at the same time. He will be my go-to person for masonry work in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired and tuckpointed brick front porch

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

07/18/2020

Jon D.

Jody Plant is a true professional who does excellent work. Jody was kind, courteous, and communicative throughout the process and the masonry repair he completed made the brick portion of my house look as good as new. I highly recommend Plant Masonry.

Description of Work
Masonry repair to front of home.

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure doin your work.

07/17/2020

Kathy G.

Came out second time to fix work missed

Description of Work
Masonry

Work Completed On 07/26/2020

07/06/2020

Chris I.

Jody runs a small family operation with integrity, honesty and quality workmanship. My chimney looks fantastic. We had a couple unexpected minor snags as you always do and it's important to know Jody stands behind his work and is easy to work with from start to finish as well as reasonably priced. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Rebuild chimney from roofline up

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure doin your work.

06/03/2020

Tom P.

Work was done well and as promised. People were nice.

Description of Work
Masonry

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

05/31/2020

Margaret D.

The project went well and I would definitely hire this company again. Several workers were needed to drill out the old bricks in our 100 year old basement, and replace with new ones (not too new -- we wanted them to blend in with the old) -- it took about 1/2 a day and we are happy with how things turned out. Jodi Plant was great at communicating -- from the time that I made my initial request for a quote to making sure that I was satisfied with the end product, which means a lot in my book..................

Description of Work
Replace crumbling bricks in basement (walls and sill plate)

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

05/13/2020

SUE & LEE H.

Responsive timely friendly good quality

Description of Work
Masonry

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

12/10/2019

Jeannine W.

To start the process I was able to text pictures of the damaged brick to Mr. Plant so he understood what needed done, and I really liked this idea. Excellent customer service, arrived promptly at 7:30 am as he informed me he would. The crumbling bricks were worse than initial evaluation but Mr. Plant came back extra days to fix the problem and didn’t make me reschedule! He texted me progress reports everyday and I appreciated this extra step. Very impressed with this company and quality of him and his assistant’s work.

Description of Work
Front porch brick steps mortar crumbling and bricks completely out of brick walkway border.

Category masonry, chimney caps

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

[Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure to meet you and do your work. Thank you!

11/30/2019

Tamara G.

Once the work was started I was happy with the project. My only complaint was the delay in getting the job completed earlier but I realize this work is weather dependent and this is a small company.

Description of Work
Chimney needed to be rebuilt.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/29/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure doin your work. Jody

01/16/2018

Cynthia D.

I contacted them in June to have the work done. They said if I waited until November they would give me a discount on the price. November turned into January. The worker that came to my house to do the work was so unprofessional I was worried about my safety. He messed up the gas line and I had to open windows in my house because I could see gas vapors in the air. After lunch the worker smelled of alcohol and while tearing out the old tile ruined the brand new carpet in front of my fireplace. They worked over a weekend to get the job done. Once finished the stone looked good. However, after they left and I began cleaning up I notice mortar splattered all over my wall and expensive curtains near the fireplace. On top of that when I received the invoice the bill did not reflect the discount I had been promised and I still have to take the old tile and mortar to the dump. I will not use this company again.

Description of Work
I wanted to replace the old dingy tile around my gas log fireplace with stone.

Category chimney caps, fireplaces

Work Completed On 01/04/2018

HI [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry I haven't responded until now. I've been out of town for quite awhile helping my ill father. I didn't know about the employee doing all that, except for when we smelled gas, until I read this review. I would have fired him immediately had I known, and he has now been let go, as I don't tolerate employees acting like that. I will contact you soon to discuss. Just want to apologize for your bad experience. I had that employee working for me for 3 years, and had any problems. He is now gone.

11/08/2017

M Grace L.

Excellent work honest professional and respectful of time and cost

Description of Work
Tuck pointing my brick Home and also repair to the concrete slab that was cracked need to be sealed

Category masonry, chimney caps

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

07/20/2017

Terry M.

Great. They were very easy to work with. They returned calls promptly, showed up when they said they would, did a good job matching the mortar and checked to see if we needed anything else done before they departed.

Description of Work
Tuck pointing to repair damaged mortar for a stone front wall on the house after new windows were installed.

Work Completed On 07/13/2017

12/16/2016

CHUCK & HEIDI M.

The owner Jody, his family and employees were very professional and easy to work with. The price for the work was very reasonable. The quality of their work was excellent. I would recommend their services to others. I was able to pick out and pay for the bricks I thought were the best match for the chimney. The amount I paid for the bricks to the brickyard was reduced from the estimate. We had a cube of bricks that we did not use, so the brickyard came and picked up those bricks and I paid Jody the refund I received from the brickyard. Jody's son and a coworker also installed a new chimney cap for $45 and replaced our a Lyemance Energy Saving Damper for an additional $300. We have received compliments from our neighbors on the new chimney.

Description of Work
We had a chimney that needed to be taken down to the base and rebuilt. The chimney at the roofline was originally 9 feet wide and the roof valley intersected the back corner of the chimney causing problems with the roof. Plant Masonry did an excellent job of reducing the size of the chimney from the roof line up to 5 feet wide. It was also determined that we needed a new damper installed.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces