Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Cleveland

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2001

4.3

8200 E Pleasant Valley Rd

Independence, OH 44131

At Mr. Rooter Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes and leaking water heaters. You can count on an expert diagnosis from Mr. Rooter with our camera inspection tools. Then we’ll fix it right the first time, whether it takes HydroScrub drain cleaning or trenchless pipe repair, with courteous smiles on our faces. There's a reason they call us Mr. Call your local Mr. Rooter today....

08/30/2019

MARGE L.

When installing a new refrigerator, the knob to turn the water off fell off in the service man’s hand and water was going everywhere. We had to turn the water off to the whole house. In a panic I found Home Advisor and after inputting my info, Amy from Mr. Rooter called within five minutes. After looking at her schedule, she said a tech would show up in 30-60 minutes. Don’t remember the time exactly, but Mike D. showed up in about 35-45. After inspecting the problem, he gave me an estimate. He said that there was a slow leak that had messed up the drywall and he had to cut it out. He installed all new pipes, bought a 2x4 because the new box was smaller than the old box and basically redid the entire site. Mike was so nice and explained everything he did. He realized that I was stressed and made every effort to make this process as easy as he could. If the service men would have brought the new refrigerator inside, Mike D. would have installed it for me. (They came back later and there were no issues installing the new fridge). When I first got the estimate I thought it was high, but I had no choice. In retrospect, I received much more value for my money. I will hire Mr.Rooter and Mike D. for any future plumbing projects.

Description of Work
The knob on the water line to my ice maker broke off

06/15/2018

SUSAN G.

They were very pleasant people and accommodating. They did a good job. I will recommend them and use them, again.

Description of Work
Repiped from the House to the Sidewalk and Clean Out

10/05/2017

Joyce C.

There was a young apprentice and the main person told him to have me sign the paperwork indicating the job was finished. The job had not started and I refused to sign. The main person said they were leaving. I explained I could not sign off work was done with the cost as shown, if in fact the work was not done. He seemed to have preconceived notions about my intentions. I talked him down from his defensiveness and they started the work. My take, there were definitely racial aspects of the behavior of the main person. I needed the work done, so I took the high road.

Description of Work
Drain in backyard was clogged and there was standing water.

Category plumbing

We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience with Mr. Rooter. Our focus is having Happy Customers! We take customer complaints very seriously. The company operations manager has been notified and will contact you regarding this issue. Thank you.

10/03/2017

Jen-Yi C.

Their quoted price was on the high side. So I ended up not using them.

Description of Work
Provided a quote for a water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

08/10/2017

mary louise R.

It was a lot of work. It took him from 10 o'clock in the morning to 10 o'clock at night. It took him all day.

Description of Work
I had a small leak underneath my sink. I also had some rusty pipes going down to my basement.

08/01/2017

JESSICA S.

They were great. The pricing was fair I had no problem paying it. One guy came and it didn't take long. He did an inspection, maybe 40 minutes or so.

Description of Work
Drain cleaning with a snake.

Category drain cleaning

07/11/2017

Bruce D.

I was not real pleased with them. It started with the sewer backed up into our basement. Then we had them come out and run a camera in the system to find where the problem was. They didn’t have a definite answer for that, but they suggested we dig it up. Once they replaced it, which they seemed to have done an adequate jog replacing it; they were extremely pushy trying to sell further services. They wanted me to replace more than just from the house to the street. They wanted to go up to the house and do a lot of excavation under the foundation that really wasn’t necessary. When I looked at the camera work it showed that those areas where they were trying to get me to change, were cleaned and opened. There was no need to do the extra work and they were very pushy about trying to get me to go for the extra work.

Description of Work
I had them come out and do some work for us. We had trouble with our storm sewer blocking up. They dug up the front yard and replaced the storm sewer from the house out to the street.

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning

07/10/2017

rebecca W.

Very professional, helpful, good work. Made sure we weren't left "hanging." Had to get a pump replaced for our well. Did the job in 2 days but at the end of the first day they made sure we had water with a temporary setup. The specialized electrician came first thing the next day to finalize and get us up to code. It was expensive but it is no matter who does it. We also needed are hot water heater replaced. They gave us a deal for that as well since we set it up within 30 days of replacing the pump. Liked the company and the guys who came out.

Description of Work
Pump replaced for well (very old - had to be replaced and then had to get the electrical up to code)

06/15/2017

Jeff P.

The plumber I had was competent in that he was polite and did his job presenting me the company's price. Mr Rooter's price however was over twice as high as anywhere else I contacted. I was a repeat customer and though the job I had done in November of 2016 was exorbitant in price but I paid the price because I was in a bind as my main water shut off valve would not shut off and the work done by the plumber was fine so I decided to give Mr Rooter another chance on another project. The installation of a garbage disposer that I supplied, a Moen shower trim kit that I supplied and the repair of a loose shower arm. However, $252 for the installation only of the garbage disposer was $160 to $140 more than four other plumbing companies that I contacted for a price to do the same and yes, all of the other companies prices included their travel charge. Add on over $400 more just for labor, no parts, to install a Moen shower trim kit and fix a loose shower arm in my opinion was akin to attempted robbery. I realize plumbers are expensive but I'm definitely not a fan of Mr Rooter's pricing.

Description of Work
Plumbing.

06/07/2017

Gary T.

It was a little pricey, but they did a good job. They were very professional and friendly, and willing to come back anytime. I was very impressed with the way they do work. It was not a hard sell, they gave me 3 choices and I picked the middle one. The quality is great.

Description of Work
They replaced our water purification system.

05/10/2017

Robert K.

He did a good job on cleaning out drain. But after a week the new drain pipe started to leak when draining the sink.I also think they were way to expensive.

Description of Work
Snake out drain.. Also installed new drain under kitchen sink and air vent.

05/09/2017

Joseph Z.

Perfectly. All work was done professionally and thoroughly.

Description of Work
Replacement of the main city water valve, and replacement of a leaky water valve serving the kitchen sink.

05/09/2017

Shelley B.

We have used Mr. Rooter for many things over the years. Most recently we lost water in our house. We called Mr. Rooter in the morning and they had Bill out to our house by the afternoon. He worked until early evening and then came back the next day, and the day after. He put in several full days at our house on a very messy, and difficult job. He even took a piece home to custom fit it to our odd sized well. Just when we thought everything was fine, our water went out again and he was back over on a Sunday (his day off) to fix the issue (it wasn't his fault the water went back out), but it is completely fixed now with all new parts. I trust Mr. Rooter for all of our plumbing needs. They may not be as cheap as the handyman down the street, but they are reliable, honest and hard working. They never give excuses and have always gone above and beyond for us.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of well system.

Category plumbing, wells

04/12/2017

Timothy B.

It's not something you think about when you think about cast iron piping, you think it's practically indestructible; but it's not. When it splits you can hear it. It's like a riffle shot, it is very loud. It was funny. In fact, when I heard it I think I was in bed. I was awake, but I was in bed. This is the second time it's happened. I had another old section that failed some years ago, and I replaced that. I knew what the sound was when I heard that. I had to go find it because the sewer piping in exposed in the basement. It made it relatively easy. In my case, fortunately, the damage was not on the bottom of the pipe where it can cause a mess. It was on the side or the top. It was fairly pricey. Two people came to complete the service. It took three hours, although that might be an exaggeration. I think they left the are clean. When I pointed out the problem area I said that it looked like it was going to be a difficult repair and I suggested that he repair more of the pipe; an additional section of pipe. To make the repair job easier, yeah it's going to cost more, but he concurred that it did make more sense to repair another section of the pipe. Just to make the job easier even though he concurred it would be more expensive doing it that way. I am dealing with a house that is a hundred and thirty some odd years old, so strange things happen.

Description of Work
I have a very old house and the cast iron waste pipe split because of age, and they had to replace some of that. It was inside the house in the basement.

03/28/2017

Peg C.

We had them out a few weeks prior for a plugged drain and called them back out to repair the pipe. They were here within an hour. They always call you to narrow down the time frame of their arrival. They sent two different plumbers and both were very timely, neat, and polite; they did an excellent job.

Description of Work
They repaired a ruptured pipe under the kitchen sink.

02/15/2017

Pat M.

They did come out. My husband had gotten them to come out. My husband was pleased with how they work, but they weren't able to solve the problem. It was a septic problem and we are going to have to have major things done with that. They were good. They came out. They told my husband what we needed to do and gave him options of what they could do. It was at that time since it would be so much money we decided to wait on the bigger issue.

Description of Work
They tried to unplug the issue outside.

02/15/2017

Susan B.

She found the house in the dark and kept at it with different methods til one worked. I've use Deborah King for plumbing ever since. She is good to deal with, honest, and reasonable.

Description of Work
Needed a drain cleaned in the pouring rain and dark.

01/31/2017

Tracee I.

Arrived on time. Professional service and two plumbers were on site.

Description of Work
Bathtub snaked and drained.

01/11/2017

Christine J.

They came out on a Saturday and were here within an hour of my call. I didn't know what to do or how to shut the water off. The man was very professional, patient, and he did a great job. He explained everything he was doing.

Description of Work
My hot water heater was leaking water all over the place.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

11/29/2016

Mary M.

He was very courteous, worked quickly and gave me a great discount offer. Very happy with the professionalism of the company and extremely pleased with the young man they sent here.

Description of Work
Clogged kitchen sink. Needed 30' snake.

11/14/2016

Carolyn G.

Was told faucet was old and it would be difficult to find a replacement part to fix it. Recommended buying a new faucet. Called another plumber for a consult. They had the part on their truck and fixed it . We saved the cost of buying a new faucet. Will not recommend Mr. Rooter

Description of Work
Dripping faucet

09/28/2016

Elizabeth B.

When they come in well they were expensive, their very good though, very professional if I had the money I would only hire them. The sink was not functioning that well and I expected it to go and one day I turned on the water and I couldn't turn it off and I had to turn the water on in the whole house, turn it off in the whole house and so I called them and they were right there punctual and everything. the service provider was very polite, very professional, I really love that company, it's just that they a little expensive. I think their price is fair for the service they provide it's just that not everybody probably can't afford them but I think their price is fair. When you call them they come when they say they gonna come. If you can afford them hire them.

Description of Work
I used Mr. Rooter of Cleveland for plumbing service. They replaced the entire facet it was just one person and he replace the entire facet.

09/16/2016

Glenn B.

I called them this morning, and they gave me a window between 3-5 when they would come out. They didn't call me, and they didn't show up. I called them, and they said they would be here. I kept waiting, and when I called the last time, they said they would try to come on Monday and gave me another time window when they would show up. I said this was an emergency and I have no water and no gas, but they said they still could only give me another window of time, not a specific appointment.

Description of Work
Gas and water plumbing.

Category plumbing

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for choosing Mr. Rooter to solve your plumbing needs. We take customer service very seriously and we are so sorry to hear about your most recent experience. Your comments are being reviewed immediately and we will be in contact with you shortly. Sincerely, Mr. Rooter Customer Care

02/17/2016

JANET C.

They did alright. Their pricing was comparable. They were cheaper on what they did. The other job that they bid, they were twice what the guy did it for. They were out here when they're supposed to be.

Description of Work
I have used Mr. Rooter of Cleveland for a basic plumbing job.

01/16/2016

Mike D.

The installer was unable to give me an estimate on his own. He had to call his supervisor who was never on-site and did not visit the work site. The installer never opened his rate book. He only gave me the estimate provided by his supervisor who never visited the work site. I agreed to pay for the reconnect service as my family and I had been without a working kitchen for one week due to a kitchen remodel. As it was already Friday afternoon and I knew I would not be able to get a reasonable plumber on the weekend, I went ahead and had the work done. Big mistake on my part. No plumber is worth $1045 per hour!!!!!!! Mr. Rooter is a ripoff. Do not use their services under any circumstances. Final note - I had used Mr. Rooter in past years for plumbing work and was satisfied. However, in this case they took advantage of seniors on a fixed income. So sad. Shame on you Mr. Rooter of Independence.

Description of Work
Simple reconnect of plumbing after new countertop installed.

Eagle Landscaping Inc

2020 Super Service Award winner! Previous years awarded: 1999, 2003, 2009-2019. 6-8 employees. Uses subs for irrigation & electrical work. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask for details on service fees.

Pompeii's Plumbing, Sewer & Drain

As a family owned, full service, repair, replacement, remodel and installation plumbing, heating, and air conditioning contractor, Pompeii’s has been in business since 1941, serving both residential and commercial markets for 77 years now. We pride ourselves in having a highly experienced and qualified staff, quality products and competitive pricing. All service technicians are fully qualified and trained to repair your problems arriving in service trucks that are fully stocked and radio dispatched for rapid response. Our large fleet of service vehicles offers you reliable, same day and 24 hour emergency service in Lorain, Cuyahoga, Medina counties and surrounding cities. Estimates are free for new equipment. We are only one call away 440-937-6006 to schedule an appointment today. We love helping our customers and hope we can help you.

Offers by Pompeii's Plumbing, Sewer & Drain on Angi
    WyattWorks Plumbing

Emergency services offered. 40 years in business. Prices are quoted upfront. Family owned. State Certified Plumbing Contractor. Additional DBA's: Andy Wyatt Plumbing, The New Plumbing Co., Inc., Wyatt Plumbing & Heating, Inc., Wyatt Works Plumbing Solutions & Wyatt Works. Consider it done.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

& Showers, Toilets, Septic Tanks, Sewer Lines, Pipe Repair, Water Heaters & Water Softeners.