ADELMO'S ELECTRIC SEWER CLEANING INC

Founded 1953 • With Angi since November 1997

4917 Van Epps Road

Independence, OH 44131

60 YEARS OF QUALITY SERVICE FOR THE PLUMBING, SEWER, WATERPROOFING AND PIPING INDUSTRIES. HIGHLY TRAINED AND ALWAYS PROFESSIONAL.

06/20/2014

Suzanne L.

I love him! I used him before about 10 years ago. He does excellent work and so do the workers.

Description of Work
I called him this time to waterproof basement. They dug into the floor, replaced several things and are getting everything taken care of.

Category basement waterproofing, drain cleaning

04/22/2013

Rebecca B.

They always do an excellent job cleaning up the job site after work is performed. I've hired them to replace another failing pipe.

Description of Work
Drain pipe for 1st floor bathroom was plugged. Concrete basement floor was torn up, pipe replaced, and concrete re-laid.

04/15/2013

J B.

They did a great job! I think they were careful and they did what was needed but no more, and they handled complications very well.

Description of Work
I had three walls of the basement waterproofed. I also had the waterlines and sewer lines from the house to the street replaced.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

12/21/2012

EVERETT A.

After installing new gutters, the gutter people said that one downspout drain needed to be snaked out. When Adelmo came out Dan said that the usual charge was $250 for snaking the downspout line. The attempt to snake the downspout line failed. Dan said he would only charge me $50. Part or all of the downspout line would need to be replaced. Then I noticed that the stairwell drain next to the downspout in question was also clogged. Dan offered to do it for $150. Excellent job all around. And I would go on to hire them to do the repair of the downspout line later on.

Description of Work
Snaked downspout line and outside stairwell line

Category drain cleaning

08/27/2012

cathy R.

Prior to doing the work, Mr. DiFranco was very responsive and explained everything to me thoroughly. The job was started and they found my footer was in need of repair. It is difficult at that time to get another quote as the whole front and side yard were dug up, plants moved, etc. I felt I did not have any option but to incur that additional expense in order to have stability of my home. The work was completed except for the repouring of the concrete as I did not have the money to do that and I felt their price was high based on other concrete work I had done in the past. I got an estimate from the other contractor and it was quite a bit less. I lost several plants due to the way the plants were treated after they were removed by Adelmo. The work was complete, I checked the crawl space several times afterwards to be sure that there was no standing water. Then I had the crawl space insulated. In March, 2012, I had an energy efficiency inspection and the gentleman told me they could not do one of the tests because I had mold in my crawl space due to standing water. I was, of course, devastated to hear this was a problem again. I called the company that insulated as well as the one that waterproofed, Adelmo. The insulation company came out the same week and said they would treat the mold and redo the insulation after I fixed the water problem. I wanted to take care of this right away so I contacted Joseph DiFranco from Adelmo and told him that I wanted to get this taken care of immediately due to the mold problem. He came out and looked at things and he felt that there was a problem with the way the insulation was done causing the problem and said he did not see anywhere that the work he had done was failed. Due to some health problems, I could not go down into the crawl space to see for myself. Today, I did that and I can see standing water at the front of my foundation that moves down into the center of the crawl space. That is one of the walls that was waterproofed. Mr. DiFranco said he was going to talk to my insulation person and let me know how he was going to proceed. He never got back to me. I have left over 8 times in the past 5 times and he finally returned my call on 8/7 after I filed a BBB complaint on 7/13/12 and they contacted him. He said he was not able to get a hold of my insulation person. I have never had a problem getting a hold of him by email or phone so I told him I would talk to him. When I called him, he said that they were playing telephone tag for the past week only. He also said that he didn't know what he could do to help with the water problem. The water is creating the problem, not the insulation. He is willing to redo the insulation and get rid of the mold (the mold is due to the insulation being so good, keeps moisture in once it is there) but not until the water is gone.

Description of Work
Waterproofing two sides of house, tie downspouts into drain tile; repoured front footer of house.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

07/09/2012

Steven G.

He was very good, timely and explained what he was doing. He was thorough and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
I used Adelmo's Electric Sewer Cleaning.

07/07/2012

Duane D.

They were a couple of dollars above the quote. I took advice from Angie's List and got their name from there. They were prompt and got the job done quickly. As far as, I can say that they did a good job. There was a leak on both the sides of the water line, so the City had to come out and replace the line from the valve to the main. It went from the Adelmo's to the City to finish the job.

Description of Work
Adelmo's Electric Sewer Cleaning Inc dug and repaired the line to the house from the shut off valve because the water line broke out in the lawn.

12/08/2011

Daniel C.

Joe Difranco and his employees were very accommadating and easy to work with. He conducted himself professionaly, knows his job and gives loads of good information along the way. He gave my neighbor both written and verbal assurances that their property would be returned to original condition if necessary. The fall weather was miserable with record rainfall which meant working conditions were wet and soggy. Yet, they managed to finish the job with minimal disruption to the landscape and surrounding area. Joe and his employees were very good at keeping me up to date on the progress being made and the best method for handling any problems that came up. The work entailed taking down and putting back up split rail fencing , two corner (board on board) fences, removal and replanting three bushes, replacing all corrugated footer drain pipe with new pvc pipe, replaced broken and misdirected downspout drains with new pvc pipe, removed and set back in place both an A/C unit and a generator, dug out and then replaced some stepping stones, replaced HVAC piping that extruded from rear wall of house, repaired cracks in foundation wall with cement, coated walls with tar, filled the trenches from the bottom of foundation to the top with gravel and then covered the top of that with large river stone. Joe even left me a sizable amount of river stone for me to finish off another project I had planned on doing. Bottom line--Great job, and very easy to work with! I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Three and one half exterior basement walls were waterproofed which included hand digging under a large deck.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

07/26/2011

MICHAEL B.

It went fine. They created two dead spots where they did work. When I contacted them instead of doing it properly and replanting, all they did was throw some straw grass seeds. They came out here twice and said they would do something about it. The way they left the yard was very unsatisfactory.

Description of Work
They waterproofed two walls and did some cement work.

07/18/2011

MICHAEL B.

In January, the water line to the house cracked. Fortunately the break was small enough that we didn't completely lose water pressure in the house. Joe came and gave me an estimate and set a timetable for the job. He said they would first try to punch through to the water main from the basement, to avoid having to completely dig up the front yard, but they might have to dig down in spots if they ran into rocks that that they couldn't punch through. Joe and his crew showed up when promised and were able to do most of the job from the basement, having to only dig up two spots in the yard, and of course the tree lawn in order to attach the new main to the city shut off valve. With a minimum of disruption to our household routine, to our water supply and to our front yard, Joe was able to fix the problem.

Description of Work
Water main from street to house broke in January. Joe replaced water main.

07/18/2011

MICHAEL B.

Joe came when he said he would to give me an estimate. His estimate was in line with other waterproofer's estimates, and he came highly recommended from Angie's List and from my son, whose basement had been waterproofed by Joe. The excavation work was done with a minimum of disruption, the work site was left clean every night - an important consideration because the neighbor's driveway runs along one foundation wall of our house. The work was quickly done, and with a mimimum of disruption to the foundation's plants and shrubbery. Joe was also quick to respond when I asked him to come back and remove more of the clay from the front yard where he had to dig to repair the drain tile. He thought it would settle; I didn't want that much clay in an area that was and would be a flower bed. The next day the clay was gone. An excellent job, and the basement is greatly improved!

Description of Work
Joe waterproofed 2 and one walls of our basement. His crew excavated down to the bottom of the foundation, replaced the drain tile, waterproofed the basement wall, and backfilled the excavation with stone. He was able to excavate far enough under the porch in front to tie the new drain tile directly into the storm drain to the street. He also dug up and replaced some broken tile in front of the house in the line that carried rainwater from the gutters and downspouts on the front porch roof, a break he discovered via the camera inspection of the drain. The remaining 1 and 1/2 walls weren't done because of the configuration of the porch, and the fact that the concrete driveway abuts the foundation wall.

05/17/2011

Tonya S.

They were FANTASTIC! From the time I first called Mr. Difranco he was extremely attentive and responsive to my plumbing issue. He came out right away to provide an estimate for the work that I needed to have done and offered to schedule his team to come out to take care of my issue the next day. When the team arrived to complete my job, they were extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the work that needed to be done. In addition to that, they were also very conscientious about managing the debris that resulted from their work. They took time to lay down plastic wrap as well as offered to sweep and mop up after themselves once the job was complete. I was most impressed with the frequency of communication during this project. During each stage of the process they kept me abreast of what was happening and spent a good amount of time educating me on the condition of my sewer line, offering recommendations on preventative measures that I could take now to prevent issues in the future. After the work was completed, Mr. Difranco personally came out to inspect the job and to answer questions that I had. Being a new homeowner this was my first experience with a contractor and I pleased to say that the experience was extremely positive and I look forward to working with this company again in the future should the need arise. I definitely recommend this company!

Description of Work
I had my backwater valve replaced and sewer lines cleared.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

05/09/2011

Audrey H.

It was fairly quick and easy. First of all, I called several companies on Angie's List on a Saturday night and they were the only company that responded. Before they made the appointment, they actually gave me ideas to try that might have avoided me having to have them come out at all. Sadly, none of those things worked. On the day of the appointment they arrived on time and finished quickly. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They had to snake a drain in the basement. They found a clog or obstruction about 75-95 feet from the drain and had to snake it 3-4 times to clear it.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain cleaning

11/04/2010

Syed R.

Constant basement problems after heavy rains have plagued me for years. The causes were several. Joe went about locating every possible cause and identified several, which he showed me and I concurred with. I wasn't thrilled paying so much, but I'm convinced that these things had to be done and I finally can rest easy, no matter what the weather.

Description of Work
Reconnected broken foundation tiles and sewer drains in the yard. Had to break my cement stoop and part of the deck to get at broken lines (discovered via camera inspection). Price was a little high, but these guys were very knowledgable about investigating and determining my exact water problems (which were several).They are real professionals, unlike the majority of so-called waterproof outfits, who do a lot of guessing and high pricing with no real justification. I was able to watch much of their work and am confident that everything they did was absolutely necessary (which is saying a lot). They were neat and thoughtful at all times.

Category concrete repair, plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, gas leak repair, sewer cleaning

07/08/2010

Fred B.

I went online to search Angie's list at about 2-2:30 pm to find a company to snake the sewer line. The cleanout is in the backyard without a cap, and there was soggy toilet paper around it and I feared the worst. I selected Adelmo's because their reports were excellent, not many miles away and they're a family business (as opposed to a big corporation.) I called and explained my situation. I got a call back from a plumber within minutes, who said he could meet me at the house in 25 min. The 2 guys looked at the cleanout and said that what was laying around the cleanout looked old and looked down the cleanout with a flashlight and said everything seemed to be flowing freely. They thought that there may have been some blockage at some point, but it seemed to work itself free. I was still concerned. They offered to look in with a camera for $250, or put the 100 foot snake for $185. I went with the snake. They put all 100 feet in and all they found were some small roots, and nothing seemed to be cracked or broken. They loaded the snake back in the van and wrote up a bill (with the Angie's list discount) and I wrote them a check. Did I mention they were super-nice and really professional? 'Cuz they were. And here it is, barely 3 hours later, and I'm writing a report, because it was that fast. This work was done at my rental property, and I'll be calling them very soon to take care of an issue for the house I live in. Sincerely, Kristine Davies, the person who shares this Angie's List account with Fred.

Description of Work
Snake sewer

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

07/03/2010

Jeff C.

Joe looked at the issues and I was relieved to hear there is no reason to be concerned at this time. I appreciate Joe's honesty and he didn't try to sell me something I didn't need. He was extremely generous with his time, answered all my questions and gave me valuable advice. I will definitely call Adelmos' for related work in the future.

Description of Work
I suspected a possible drainage problem and Joe returned my call promptly. He met me at my house the following day.

Category drain cleaning

06/28/2010

Alison D.

I rate them high as I am very happy with their work.

Description of Work
We have used Adelmo's Electric Sewer Cleaning Inc many times, and last week they waterproofed the basement and basement walls, laid a pipe from the house to the water line, and put in new piping in the basement floor.

04/05/2010

JAMES K.

We set up a schedule for him to come out and take measurements. He was on time, and all that went just fine. He was cordial and professional.

Description of Work
He gave an estimate on some basement waterproofing.

03/24/2010

Jeffrey E.

They came out and gave me the quote. I had a positive experience with them, but I didn’t go with them. They were very responsive and punctual. I chose a different company that offered a different price. I will consider Adelmo’s Electric Sewer Cleaning in the future.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Adelmo’s Electric Sewer Cleaning for basement waterproofing, two months ago.

07/25/2009

Linda W.

Adelmo's showed up when they said that they would. The worked quickly and efficiently. Both men were very polite and performed the work that they said they would. The drain works well and I have had no problems since, even though we have had a lot of rain lately.

Description of Work
The sewer drain in the driveway was backed-up and created standing water because of the steady rain falling during that time. The water was almost a foot deep and showed no signs of draining off. Adelmo's came out and cleaned the drain, forcing the water down.

Category sewer cleaning

04/28/2009

Anne R.

My father had sewage water coming up in his basement. He tried renting two different electric snakes and tried clearing them himself, with no success. Adelmo plumbers came out, and took care of the job with complete professionalism and were terrifically nice guys on top of it all.

Description of Work
Fixed clogged storm and sanitary sewers from the house to the street.

04/10/2009

REBECCA B.

We interviewed a number of companies and were impressed with Adelmo's from the beginning. They are experts in sewer and basement "waterproofing", and all other things plumbing. They arrived when promised to do the quotation. The job went perfectly at our old house - came in right on budget as promised with no surprises. At our current house, the job went as planned, with the exception of some additional work that was unexpected around a below-ground staircase and entrance to the basement. Adelmo's suggested a number of different ideas and gave their recommendation, which was to replace the retaining wall. We did that and haven't had a problem since. Their brick work is excellent by the way.

Description of Work
We used Adelmo's to waterproof the basements in both our old house, and the house we are currently in. They do an excellent job, the work was completed on time, and the people are very pleasant to deal with. Since then we have used Adelmo's for numerous smaller plumbing jobs, all of which have been completed on time and with excellent service.

04/10/2009

REBECCA B.

Adelmo's responded very quickly. When I had an emergency with my 2nd floor bath, he was there very quickly and was able to fix the problem cost effectively. The other problems I had were not as critical, and even then he worked it into his schedule with a week. Overall, if I'd listened to his advice, and replaced some things earlier, I would have saved money in the long run. My advice to others who use Adelmo's is to listen to his recommendations-he's not trying to upsell you, he's trying to save you money in the long run.

Description of Work
Had a leak in my 2nd floor bathtub-fixed that. Had a leak in my 3rd floor lavatory-fixed that. Had a leak in my basement sink-fixed that.

10/27/2007

JOHN B.

They are very professional and responsive. They were very knowledgeable about the work that needed to be done. They even performed extra work for me and checked to make sure the system worked properly.

Description of Work
They dug all around the entire house to properly do basement water proofing for me.

08/23/2007

HEDDA W.

I would highly recommend them. They are very professional and their work is great at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Put in a water line.

Eagle Landscaping Inc

2020 Super Service Award winner! Previous years awarded: 1999, 2003, 2009-2019. 6-8 employees. Uses subs for irrigation & electrical work. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask for details on service fees.

B-DRY SYSTEM CLEVELAND

We are by far the most experienced Basement Waterproofing Company in the area. The average B-Dry Cleveland employee has over 19 years of installation experience. We have been in the same location serving Cleveland, Ohio and the counties of Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Summit, Portage, Stark, Medina and Erie for over 39 years.

Pompeii's Plumbing, Sewer & Drain

As a family owned, full service, repair, replacement, remodel and installation plumbing contractor, Pompeii’s has been in business since 1941, serving both residential and commercial markets for 77 years now. We pride ourselves in having a highly experienced and qualified staff, quality products and competitive pricing. All service technicians are fully qualified and trained to repair your problems arriving in service trucks that are fully stocked and digitally dispatched for rapid response. Our large fleet of service vehicles offers you reliable, same day and 24 hour emergency service in Lorain, Cuyahoga, Medina counties and surrounding cities. Estimates are free for new equipment. We are only one call away 440-937-6006 to schedule an appointment today. We love helping our customers and hope we can help you.

Offers by Pompeii's Plumbing, Sewer & Drain on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    ASK FOR DETAILS

SPECIALIZING IN BASEMENT WATERPROOFING AND BASEMENT WALL REPAIR, FULL SERVICE PLUMBING: WATER LINES, GAS LINES, SEWER LINES SERVICED, REPAIRED & INSTALLED, CERTIFIED UNDERGROUND AND ABOVE GROUND FIRE PROTECTION, CERTIFIED BACK FLOW PREVENTION, SEWER JET SERVICE, TV SEWER INSPECTION & LOCATION, CONCRETE WORK: DRIVEWAYS, SIDEWALKS, PARKING LOTS, RETAINING WALLS, RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL MUNICIPAL AND INDUSTRIAL.