Habitec Security

Founded 1972 • With Angi since July 2005

1545 Timberwolf Dr

Holland, OH 43528

Habitec Security, founded in 1972, is headquartered in Toledo, Ohio and has two full-service branches in Columbus, Ohio and Charlevoix, Michigan. Habitec is ranked No. 60 in the nation according to the top 100 rankings compiled by the Security Distributing & Marketing (SDM), a leading industry publication. Habitec, one of the largest family-owned and operated security companies in the Midwest, monitors all of their 17,000 customers from their own U.L. monitoring center. The entire Habitec team consists of over 80 employees with an average of 20+ years in the security industry and are leaders in residential & commercial security systems, access control, fire alarm design/installation, video surveillance, home automation and medical alert. ...

12/03/2018

Rebekah A.

Installation was problematic in minor ways. They drilled into backsplash tile in my kitchen only to discover later that it was unnecessary, leaving a hole in my tile. But the real problem is in the customer service and monitoring. Last week, I was home alone when a man entered our fully fenced-in backyard. He looked around and appeared to be casing our house. I called the police, who asked for the security footage from our cameras. That is when I discovered both cameras (back yard and behind garage) were not working. Apparently, the backyard camera had been offline for more than two weeks, unbeknownst to us. Habitec did not monitor cameras being offline, and told me that it is my responsibility to check the cameras every day. We are still paying for a security system that frequently goes offline or does not work. Habitec has been awful at making it right. They even tried to charge us a service fee to come fix it. They eventually waived the service fee, but--most importantly--my husband is out of town for the next few weeks, and I'm home alone with a malfunctioning security system and no backyard camera all while knowing that a man trespassed into our backyard and looked around and was trying to size up our house. Habitec has been really unprofessional in its response, even hostile. I would not recommend using them. Most of the reviews on here are of their installation. Ask those same people 12 months later when they have had malfunctioning equipment what they think of Habitec. That's when your problems come. We wanted to like them, since they are based here in Ohio, but the service has been terrible. Acting like we did something wrong just wanting our cameras that we are paying for to work.

Description of Work
Security system installed just over one year ago

Category home security systems

At Habitec, we strive for superior customer service so thank you for your feedback. We will have someone follow up with you as soon as possible so we can address your concerns and learn how we can improve our service in the future. Thank you.

09/28/2017

Edward R.

Excellent. Ken Bostater, Habitec Tech, spent to the whole day into early evening to get it complete and working well. Spent over 1 hr explaining the system and showing exactly how to work

Description of Work
Rehaul of old security system

08/26/2017

Edward R.

Excellent. Ken Bostater, the Habitec technician spent extensive time assessing our needs and then spent most of the day into the evening doing what he said he would do. He then spent time making sure we knew what we got and how to use it properly. Made sure everything worked and that we knew how to use it. He had many trials during the day adapting our system and never got upset and made sure all was just right. We were impressed that we had an experienced and competent professional who cared about our needs. All working well and cost was appropriate.

Description of Work
Rehaul of our entire security system which was 30 years or more old. It was a major upgrade to deal with our needs of 2017.

Category home automation

Thank you for your loyalty over the years and trusting us with your security needs. We value your business! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are so lucky to have Ken on our team. He has years of experience making him a true expert in the industry and he always strives to go above and beyond for our customers to make sure they feel peace of mind. Thanks again!

07/06/2017

Teresa B.

It went very well. Once they finished the installation, they took the time to show me how to use the system and gave me tips on how to keep my home secure.

Description of Work
Habitec replaced and updated my old security system.

Category home security systems, home automation

Thanks for trusting us with your peace of mind! We appreciate your business and your feedback. Thank you!

08/17/2016

patrick P.

Excellent! The technician installed the new equipment. He spent a lot of time showing us how to use the new system. He made sure everything was working properly. We are very happy with the update! Pat & Diane

Description of Work
updated my security system

05/10/2016

Daniel D.

I have dealt with Habitec for over ten years and find them to be easy to deal with, helpful, and professional. I would recommend them in the future. This recommendation is not based on a single event but on continued customer service.

Description of Work
Habitec Security (Tracy Ehrsam - Central Station Manager) provides alarm monitoring and emergency dispatch for our facility.

Category home security systems

[Member Name Removed] - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so lucky to have great employees to offer exceptional customer service. We appreciate your business over the years and your recommendations. Did you know Habitec has a referral program? If someone you refer becomes a customer, you will get a $50 monitoring credit. Thanks again for trusting us with your peace of mind.

05/03/2016

Joseph S.

Would recommend them to anyone in the greater Toledo area.

Description of Work
Reinstalled ADT system and updated system. Reasonable prices and servicec person was excellent. Took the time to walk me through the new system.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave a review! Feedback is important to our success! Thanks again!

04/28/2016

Jim K.

Technician and supervisor showed up and spent more than 5 hours going through the system in the building. One issue was identified and resolved- a water leak and relocation of an alarm. Both men were thorough and patient and we felt well-served as a customer.

Description of Work
Check of alarm system to find and resolve issues.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your review and for your business. Feedback is important to our success. We take pride in our employees level of expertise on servicing our customers. We are happy to hear that your issue is resolved. Please contact us at info@habitecsecurity.com if you need anything else. Thank you!

04/06/2016

Christopher T.

Habitec needs to get with the times. Old company, old technology and old thinking. Far too expensive for add ons and repairs. $400 to drill a hole in a door that had been replaced and press in the existing contact sensor. They refuse to work with existing customers and treat them as dirt. There are too many new companies out there plying for your business. Shop around and you will find most will give you a new system free or at a greatly discounted price of 50% or more. I did and now I am leaving Habitec after 30 years of monitoring fees and being a loyal customer. When I asked to upgrade my system and told them what I wanted - no discounts but full price which would have amounted to several thousand dollars. When to another National company and have a must better system, including recording security cameras, internet access, etc for only a few hundred dollars. Shop around. Existing customers - SHOP AROUND. So sad that tyhey would not work with me but their loss and my gain. I can't wait to junk their old out-dated equipment.

Description of Work
We attempted to upgraded our system and make some add ons.

09/30/2015

Gregory M.

They're good. They're in the middle of the road. They always call us right away when there's a problem. They're very responsible and reliable. Their price was reasonable. The quality was high. It was good overall. I do not have any problem with them.

Description of Work
I used Habitec Security.

Category home security systems

Thank you so much for your feedback and for trusting us with your security protection. If you ever have any concerns, please contact us at info@habitecsecurity.com.

09/30/2015

Herschel F.

09/28/2015

Dave H.

Description of Work
When we built our new house we knew we wanted Habitec to provide security services as they did at our previous residence. The service is excellent. We have accidentally set off the alarm a few times and it is only a matter of seconds before they are calling to make sure everything is ok.

09/24/2015

Thomas R.

Description of Work
Too expensive with a lease

Category home security systems

Dear [member's name removed] We appreciate your feedback. Please send your contact information to info@habitecsecurity.com so we can address your concerns and learn how we can improve our service in the future. Thank you.

06/01/2015

Mike S.

They have done a great job in both locations. The installation was not done by my brother, the installation was not done by the French that my brother works out of. This is not out of the Delaware branch so it cannot be affected with it. They did a great job and the guy that came out actually installed the motion center in one location which had problems with motion center coming out. So he came back out again and while he was working on it the heater kicked on and the blower went right there and he goes ?I know exactly what I did?. But he did not hit on the blower being an issue but that does create a certain sense of motion in the area where the center will pick it up. So he moved it into a different location in the room and with that thing positioned properly we never had any extra billing or anything like that. We have been very happy with them. The guys were good. I will definitely recommend them. Actually I have recommended them to members within the family that is not related to my brother. I have definitely referred them to other people for their service. Their pricing is fair.

Description of Work
We actually had contracted with them and the security outside of Angie’s List because my brother works for the company. They have done two different installations for us in two different homes.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your feedback and business. We strive to offer excellent customer service and your review is helpful to our success.

05/21/2015

Jamie M.

Category home security systems

Thank your for leaving us a positive view and for your business! Our goal is to provide the ultimate customer experience and create raving fans. Having positive feedback allows us to know that we are achieving our goal. Thank you again!

08/08/2014

Julie A.

From the salesman to the installation and service our experience has been excellent. The saleman was very low pressure. Anytime our alarm is triggered, their response time is immediate. They dispatch Toledo Police without hesitation. The monthly monitoring fees are quite inexpensive. I have not hesitated to recommend their product and service. They offer my family superior peace of mind.

Description of Work
complete home security system installation and service

Category home security systems, home automation

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your business. Your feedback helps us to continue to exceed customer expectations. Thanks again!

06/05/2014

Aaron C.

Habitec Provided Home Security for 4 years. Overall good service. Monitoring requires 5 year contract which they were originally going to hold me to when I was moving. After the owner reviewed my case they agree to waive the last year fees. Overall a good company to work with.

Description of Work
Provided Home Security

Category home security systems

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Angie's List. Our term of contract can be anywhere from 1-5 years, dependent on many variables. Feedback is helpful to our success and the Habitec team will continue to strive to exceed customer expectations. Please contact us if you have any additional questions at info@habitecsecurity.com or 800-375-1499.

02/15/2013

Terrence P.

They did a good job with the new work. They will take care of any issues. We have used them for 30 years. They are very fair to work with. We have had no issues. Anytime we have any questions they are quick to assist. They are a local run company.

Description of Work
They provide 24 hour monitoring for us. They recently upgraded our system as we had remodeled.

05/17/2012

Michael S.

We have been using them for about 3 years. My husband had them to put extras onto our system that we were very happy with. They are one of the more economical groups in the area as far as service charges go. Our experience with them has been very well. They seem to be right on the ball if we accidentally set it off every now and then. They are right on it and explain things very well. Their service seems to be very punctual but we do have a little trouble with their sales people getting out here when they are supposed to.

Description of Work
We use Habitec Alarms for security alarm service. The last time they were here was to install security cameras.

10/22/2007

CURTIS & ALANA M.

They are prompt, professional, and the installers are great. Their follow-up is fantastic. Their command center is awesome. I know my business assets are secure with them handling our security needs.

Description of Work
They are our security company for our office.

ADT

Offers by ADT on Angi
    SafeStreets - ADT Authorized Provider

Promo Offer: FREE Standard Security System + FREE Outdoor HD Camera + FREE $100 Visa Giftcard w/installation fee & monthly monitoring agreement. For 140 years, ADT has been the leading home security provider in the country. SafeStreets, ADT's Authorized Provider, sells and installs ADT-monitored home security systems. Our team consists of 300+ trained consultants, covering more than 90% of the United States across 44 states. We are experts on the latest smart-home technology, and highly focused on giving all customers a 5-Star Experience™. SafeStreets is committed to bringing high-tech security equipment, backed by 24/7 professional monitoring, to the place that matters most - your home. We have same day and next day appointments available, all scheduled within a one hour window. Call us anytime for a custom home security assessment and free quote! Comprehensive Security System ADT 24/7 Monitoring Touch Screen Control Panel Motion Detectors, Glass Break Sensors, & Point-of-Entry Sensors Indoor, Outdoor, & Doorbell Cameras Smart Home Automation Smoke, Carbon Monoxide, & Flood Sensors Mobile App Control Cellular Connection Back-up Battery Supply Maintenance/Extended Warranty Homeowners Insurance Certificate Theft Protection Guarantee

Residential & commercial security systems, access control, fire alarm design & installation, video surveillance, home automation & medical alert.