Clink Builders & Contracting Co Inc

Founded 1969 • With Angi since March 1998

Po Box 86

Hinckley, OH 44233

Clink Builders was established in 1969 and is proud to have given years of customer satisfaction and quality performance. We are family owned and operated. We are fully insured and bonded. We obtain all required permits and licenses. Proud members of Angie's List. Covered by Ohio State of Workman's Compensation. Also a proud member of member of ASCA - American Society Consulting Arborist Our Philosophy is we can continue to expand and grow one satisfied customer at a time....

06/09/2022

Brian G.

We selected Bill and Dottie and company based on Angi reviews and impression. Crew was very careful, kind, hard working. A group of pros. A day to tear out, a day to prep, and a day to pour (in between weather). Bill takes his profession seriously and did a great job, looks great, neighbors stop by just to say it looks great. $$ was on the high side but still comparable to other estimates. Worth it.

Description of Work
Driveway and sidewalk replacement

Category concrete driveways

01/22/2022

N M.

Clink was great to work with. Very kind and friendly and took the time to explain the work they were proposing. For several quotes and they were reasonably priced compared to others, and have a great reputation. Did not try to sell us on unnecessary extras. Would absolutely work with them again.

Description of Work
Needed foundation repair on the side of our house. Had been getting water in the basement and there was some visible cracking on the outside.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

12/19/2021

janeal O.

We had 6 pairs of sliding closet doors that needed to be fixed. This is a small job and so I was very happy when Clink Builders agreed to do the work. Kevin arrived when he said he would and worked promptly to fix 6 sets of closet doors. He was agreeable to wear a mask when asked, which was much appreciated.

Description of Work
30 year old sliding closet doors kept falling off their tracks and needed to be repaired

Category handyman service, chimney repair

08/11/2021

Katie K.

I had a "hole" on the exterior of my home caused by water damage that the previous owners didn't disclose. Bill and his team were professional, prompt and very fairly priced. I had several "larger" companies try to charge me much more and Clink did fantastic work and I trusted their team throughout the entire service. I would highly recommend Clink Builders.

Description of Work
Exterior repair

Category handyman service, masonry, siding, woodworking, foundation repair

07/05/2021

Daniel K.

Bill personally came on site to evaluate some settling that had occurred on our year-round sunroom and to estimate replacement of driveway apron and sidewalk. He was thorough and friendly throughout the process. The most important piece of Bill's work was the regular communication we received from Dottie about when the work would start. Small questions were answered quickly by Bill by phone as well. Stellar crew all around and would recommend.

Description of Work
Driveway apron, reinforcement of sunroom block

Category concrete driveways, foundation repair

04/20/2021

Claire P.

Excellent. Mr. Clink has years of experience and knowledge about home construction and was able to make the repairs we needed quickly and efficiently. Mr. Clink and his team are a pleasure to work with, they keep you informed on the progress of the work and live up to their promises. We're very happy with the experience and the results. Thank you.

Description of Work
foundation waterproofing

Category excavators, drain pipe, foundation repair

03/15/2021

Rhonda S.

Bill came to our home and thoroughly went through the areas that I had concerns about. He put my mind at ease because he said the sloping was very minimal. He felt with the age of the home it was normal settling and he found no structural problems to report. I felt confident with the review of my problem. Bill's honesty was refreshing when concluding no unnecessary repairs were needed.

Description of Work
I was concerned with some sloping floors and wanted an expert to tell me what was needed.

Category home inspection, chimney repair

11/16/2020

Sam H.

Lou jacked up and added supports for a joist in my basement that was sagging. He got the work done in a timely manner and was easy to work with and the floor above is level now! He was able to do it without cracking any of the plaster on the floor above too. I'd definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
Jacking up and leveling joist in basement

Category structural engineer

10/29/2020

David M.

Bill and his crew did great work. Answered all my questions about the job as work progressed. Finished the job including cleanup in 3.5 days. Bill is honest and trustworthy. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

07/27/2020

Angela J.

I have had a lot of work done on my 112-year-old home over the years, and working with Clink was by far one of my best experiences. They were incredibly responsive and great with communication - this is a difficult quality to find in contractors, in my experience. Their pricing was incredibly fair and no surprises - there were no unforeseen costs or extras. The workmanship was superb. I’m writing this review nearly 9 months after the project was completed because we’ve since had a new baby, but the workmanship still looks as good as the day it was done. The mason who completed the work was incredibly knowledgeable, courteous, and had great attention to detail. Materials were matched to maintain the original character of my home. The job was very labor intensive - new footers were dug by hand without disturbing the existing landscaping, new concrete driveway, and original wood porch structure - it was like threading a needle and was immaculately executed. They cleaned up the job site each day and completed every last detail upon completion of the job (caulking the driveway joint, regrading and sanding existing pavers, shimming railings to make them level). It’s hard to find this trifecta of quality, budget, and communication. The job was completed quickly, though their schedule does fill up quickly. I can’t recommend Clink enough, if you can’t tell from this glowing review!

Description of Work
New front porch foundation, salvage and reinstallation of original historic masonry, custom masonry matching, demo and new masonry front stairs, protection/preservation of original wood porch floor, railings, and column.

Category awnings, decks, masonry, foundation repair

07/21/2020

Susan M.

Bill and his team were knowledgeable, well-organized, and efficient in their work. They responded with a reasonable price for the repair, considering our sense of urgency to have the job completed in order to list our house for sale. The clean up was beautiful and they left our yard in great condition afterwards. We also valued their full guarantee on all work and materials.

Description of Work
Foundation wall waterproofing

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

07/20/2020

Colin H.

Clink Builders and their subcontractor L&J Interiors worked quickly and did a great job.

Description of Work
Replacement of drywall, installation of LVL beam in crawlspace

Category drywall, structural engineer

07/01/2020

Anthony C.

I did not actually end up using Clink Construction for this service, but I wanted to take the time to give them an A+++ anyway. I made the big mistake of getting an estimate from Ohio State Waterproofing for repair of two cracks in the basement wall of my 6-year-old house. Their salesman used scare tactics and tried to get me sign off on $26,000 worth of work. My next call was to Bill Clink, who came to my home within about an hour and explained the (much, much cheaper) repair I really needed. His expertise was clear. Ultimately, my builder agreed to do the job for free, but Bill was kind enough to offer to look at my builder's plan for the repair to ensure the job was done right, even though he had no stake in the game. Bill was attentive, punctual and kind, and I can see why so many people recommend him. I would do the same.

Description of Work
Basement wall repair

Category basement waterproofing, wells

05/18/2020

Yair R.

Incredible work from great people: Bill, his crew, and especially Bill's wife Dottie! We had been going back and forth on our project and once Bill completed it, it was as if the clouds parted--we no longer had our dreaded basement water intrusion constantly looming over us and we could finally relax! I won't hesitate to call Bill and Dottie again for any work that needs to be done, because I know they will do it right.

Description of Work
Major excavation work for our basement and yard drainage system.

Category excavators, landscaping, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

04/23/2020

Paul M.

We were very pleased with the excellent work performed by Clink Builders on our recent home projects. All work, both inside and out, was carefully surveyed, followed by pertinent recommendations, which resulted in the long-lasting solution we were looking for. The work was also done with careful attention to protecting our home near the work area and when using machinery. In addition to their skill and professionalism, they are very nice people.

Description of Work
Excavation of foundation to repair drain tiles where water had seeped through an elongated crack in the basement wall. Both foundation and basement wall were nicely cleaned and finished after the repair work was done. Another plastered basement wall next to the garage foundation, had begun to turn to powder over time, and flake off. Clink totally removed all the plaster, exposing the brick wall behind it, filled in new bricks that had become loose and covered the entire wall with a special water resistant cement/plaster. The finished wall was smooth and easy to paint.

Category excavators, masonry, foundation repair

04/10/2020

Maria D.

All above work was done in 4 days, by 3 young men who worked long hours using proper equipment and materials. They follow the direction of Mr. Clink, who previously made a work plan using the Camera Work that guided him to diagnose the drainage problem at my house. He came every day at the work site and guided his people appropriately. I appreciated the good work behaviour, the quality of work, equipment and materials used. Having trust and peace of mind, after the work done at my house by Clink Builders, I Gladly recommend them to others who may need work in their homes.

Description of Work
Wall Repair: Excavated by hand to the base of the house. Installed a access tee for drainage.Repaired downspout and replaced with all new PVC pipe. Installed rods in hollow cores and filled with 3000 PSI concrete block fill. Sealed walls and installed all premium backfill to concrete.Installed new concrete on porch top.Garage drainer rebuilt: Dug, cleaned and restored with new pipes and drains.Installed Front House landscape drainage: Dug, and installed drainage pipe along the house, then made a connection with storm water sewer.Excavated tree root. Excavated a large tree root that was damaging the storm sewer.

Category concrete repair

03/31/2020

Noulis T.

Everything went very well. From the first time Bill came to my home he was able to quickly discern what the problems were and how to fix them. He kept in touch, always returned my calls and answered all my questions and showed up when he said he would. He spoke with my insurance company several times which expedited my claim and took care of the required permits. Bill made me feel very comfortable and explained what and why he was doing what he did. He looked for ways to save me money and made me feel he had my best interest at heart. His whole team, from his wife Dottie to his son Eric and his helper were extremely friendly and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend Bill to my family and friends. He and his team take pride in the work they perform and it shows.

Description of Work
Repair broken sanitary pipe inside the house and replace sanitary and storm pipes outside the house due to root damage.

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

03/31/2020

michael M.

They are very friendly and handled what I needed completed quickly. I will be using them again.

Description of Work
Estimate for Concrete driveway replaced

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

02/09/2020

Charles B.

Stone wall was repaired and looks exactly as the previous "1821" wall. Friends are amazed by how beautiful it looks. The foundation has been repaired and no water is leaking into the basement. The entrance way to the kitchen looks even better than the original. As an extra bonus steps were added to make the entrance to the deck more accessible at no additional cost. The work was done in very professional manner. In spite of having to work around some inclement weather, the job was done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Collapsed stone wall needed to be repaired. Entrance to kitchen needed to be replaced also due to collapsed walls and steps. Foundation nedeed to be repaired to support external wall and prevent water from entering basement

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

01/30/2020

John W.

He was very fast to return my call and explain everything to me. He even recommended a cheaper option that didn't involve himself making money! His wife got a proposal together and emailed to me very quickly. Thank you both for everything!

Description of Work
Called for an estimate on a job because I was on a time crunch for buying a home. The city was requiring the front sidewalk being repaired.

Category concrete repair

12/12/2019

Sarah H.

I would definitely hire Clink Builders again and would recommend them without reservation. There was approximately six months between when we signed the contract and when they were able to begin our project, but they were worth the wait. Their communication throughout the project was excellent and I was kept abreast of their progress, concerns, and project modifications throughout. I feel confident in the work that they completed and was impressed with the thorough nature of their clean up and communication throughout.

Description of Work
We had our concrete foundation repaired and a new patio laid.

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, structural engineer, foundation repair

11/14/2019

Nancy K.

It didn't go. Clink advised me they were too busy, that they were booked until the end of the year.

Description of Work
I needed some cement poured by my patio.

Category basement waterproofing

09/20/2019

Mary S.

I recommend Clink Builders and Contracting without hesitation. Bill Clink is professional, very knowledgeable, honest, and straightforward. Bill is an expert in his field, and his crew is composed of skilled professionals who not only know their trade very well, but are always professional and courteous. The work we contracted Bill to do was complicated, so I’d like to go into some detail to describe what Clink Builders was able accomplish. Our home was built in the 1850s and one part of the basement was created in about the 1930s. The wall created in the 1930’s was in disrepair with leaning and shifting and multiple cracks and was going to collapse inward. During heavy rains, water would literally pour in through the wall. To complicate matters, our gas, water, and sewer, and electrical lines and breaker box were located along this wall. In other words, the entire wall had to be excavated without interfering or damaging any of those lines. We had consulted several contractors and Bill Clink was the only one who assured us that none of the lines or electric box would have to be moved, and he assured us our water, gas, and electricity would never be shut off during the process. Because of Bill’s many years of experience and reputation, we chose him for the job and are very pleased with the results. I’m not an expert, but it seems to me this was a very complex job. The house had to be supported on jacks, the exterior excavated without disturbing any of the lines, and the wall demolished and removed before a new foundation wall could be put in. Bill and his crew did all of this work without any issues, and the end results are fantastic. As Bill promised, none of our utilities were shut off during the process, and we did not have to vacate the house at any time. We cannot be more pleased with the work. The work done included excavating the foundation exterior, remove existing foundation wall, drain tile work and new downspouts, footer, build new wall with rods drilled into the footer, exterior wall plastered and sealed, seed, fertilizer and straw areas for new grass. Even though over two dump trucks of dirt and debris were removed from our property during the process, our property was left very clean… The new foundation wall is very solid, made with 12 inch block and reinforced every 48 inches. Bill put in a new drainage/downspout system and the wall is dry even during recent heavy rainfall. Bill gave us regular updates throughout the job and his crew was efficient, respectful and worked quickly. The entire job was complete in a little over a week. We found Bill to trustworthy, reliable and conscientious. He is thorough and does top notch work. Dottie, who works in the office, was a joy to work with and always helpful and dependable. It’s important to note that Bill personally supervised the work and was always available to answer any questions. His crew, which included his son, was outstanding. I highly recommend Clink Builders and Contracting.

Description of Work

Category excavators, landscaping, masonry, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, structural engineer, foundation repair

08/02/2019

Carolyn R.

Brian and his crew were very professional, friendly and courteous. They arrived on time, were very neat and paid attention to detail. The job was completed faster than I expected and the finished steps exceeded my expectations. I felt the price was very fair for the work provided and would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
The front steps never had a footer poured, therefore the caulking crumbled as the steps sunk allowing the stone facing to drop. The front steps were removed, a footer was poured and the steps rebuilt. The front of the house and porch were stone. They were able to save the stone when the steps were removed and reuse them when building the new steps so they would match the rest of the porch. New concrete was poured at base of step to meet existing sidewalk. They also caulked all the holes and cracks around the porch as well as around the front door.

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry

07/17/2019

Sorin T.

Bill suggested before anything else to contact the city to see if the connection to the main has problems. He said that this can solve the issue with no cost for us. It turned out that this was the problem indeed. Throughout the process with the city they called numerous times to see if they can help expedite or help with no monetary compensation expectation. Amazing service and support even after it became evident that they will not make a profit— I wish everyone would have the supportive and humanistic approach Doty and Bill have. Could not provide a warmer and stronger recommendation for someone who cares first and foremost about the customer and about solving the issue. I would always call them to get an honest opinion about house related projects

Description of Work
Had water pooling problem

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe