TruGreen - 5111

Founded 1968 • With Angi since November 2001

3.7

5150 Nike Dr

Hilliard, OH 43026

TruGreen is the nation's largest provider of lawn and landscape services. We make it easy for you by delivering customized care solutions that are effective, innovative and responsible. Additional contact names - Cathleen Murphy, Tom Kiener & Jim Martineau. Additional faxes - (614) 431-0155, (614)

09/14/2021

DEANNA S.

fertilization and weed control program

Description of Work
We’ve had them for a little over a year. Last fall we had them do lawn aeration. After the aeration, you had to look really hard to find a plug in the yard. It was done after a lot of rain. Either the machine wasn’t working or it was too wet. We were charged for the service. It was obvious the aeration wasn’t done correctly. It required a phone call to get them back out. They did come back Nd the aeration was done correctly. A few weeks ago they came out to treat for weeds and fertilize the lawn. The guy was here 5 minutes and the services we were charged for was weed treatment and granule fertilization. We have a large yard and there were no granules on the sidewalks or driveway yet we were charged a large amount of money for nothing. We cancelled the service. They can’t be trusted to do the services they’re hired for. We cancelled our service contract with them and were refunded for the services not performed at their last visit. I would not hire them again.

06/14/2019

Pat G.

They did a good job. They said if there's still mosquito after 24 hours after they do it they will do it again for free.

Description of Work
I used them several months ago for mosquito work.

Category pest control

09/18/2018

Dirwin C.

Entered my info on their website to get pricing. 30 mins later got a call from a Trugreen lady. She asked me two questions. I said I was looking for pricing. And then she abruptly hung up on me for some reason, and didnt call me back. Pretty rude.

Description of Work
Quote on lawncare

10/11/2017

JOSEPH M.

Tru-Green does an excellent job of caring for our two-acre lawn. They stand behind their work and if you are not satisfied with any aspect of their work, they will work with you to satisfy you. For example, on one or two occasions over the past several years, there were still some remaining broad leaf weeds after a reasonable time for the applied weedkiller to act. Tru-green returned to apply additional weekiller to eliminate the remaining weeds. Tru-green always calls prior to coming out to work on our lawn and always leaves a summary of the work performed. While not the lowest priced lawn care provider, we stick with Tru-green for the quality and reliability of their service. Annual cost for service depends on what you want them to do and the size of your lawn. We have a contract that includes periodic treatments in the spring, during the growing season and in the fall. Discuss your needs with Tru-green and decide on what you want them to do and how much you want to spend. A bonus is we can discuss problem areas with the technician who services our lawn and we can get knowledgeable answers, enabling us to decide what we want Tru-green to do and what we might want to do ourselves. For example, Tru-green offers seeding or re-seeding and aerating services, but we usually decide to do that ourselves when the Tru-green representative recommends it.

Description of Work
Ongoing lawn care under a service contract with Tru-Green who became our service provider after Scott's stopped providing lawn service several years ago.

08/18/2017

Andrew M.

Overall the service is expensive and they regularly call with add ons. If the price goes up any higher, I will probably discontinue and do the work myself.

Description of Work
Summer lawn fertilization and weed control

07/10/2017

Joseph M.

When I first signed up with them, the salesperson told me that the first four installations, which I didn't want four installations, I just wanted setup and take down. I wanted them to do the back flow test. He said he could do the first one for me for $29, and that would include the back flow test. I got a call from the manager last week saying they wanted to come out and do the back flow test. I told him they already did it, and he said it was a whole different charge. I told him that's not what I was told. He supposedly knocked off some money, but I was still very upset. I haven't seen yet the bill for the $29, and here they have me set up to get charged a second time for that same visit because that's what I was told. The service itself is fine, I didn't like their hardcore marketing tactic and not stand up behind it. The sprinklers do work. I do think they did a bait and switch on me. Their responsiveness is very good. I have to use their service again because I am involved for the rest of the year. I don't know if I will next year though.

Description of Work
They do fertilization, sprinklers, and irrigation. They did a back flow meter test for the irrigation system.

Category irrigation systems

06/29/2017

DAN M.

We've used them for about five years. They do let me know prior to coming out because of the chemicals. They put the sign letting us know they did the grass.

Description of Work
They do our fertilizing and weed killing.

06/15/2017

Joseph W.

They do something every month for me.

Description of Work
For lawn care I use TruGreen. I don't know what he was doing (the last time he was here), but they come out and just do stuff to the lawn. They aerate the soil and put in stuff to kill grubs and things

06/07/2017

Jeanne S.

They've been doing it for several years now. We could tell a difference when the one year we decided "eh, we can just do this ourselves". We weren't real successful. Neither my husband nor I really care to get out there and do that physical playing around.

Description of Work
They do the weed and feed.

06/07/2017

Jeanne S.

They've been doing it for several years now, and we could tell a difference when one year we decided we can just do this ourselves. Well, we weren't very successful. Neither my husband nor I really care to get out there and do a lot of that physical playing around.

Description of Work
Weed and feed, that's what they do

05/16/2017

Carol B.

I choose not use them this year. I just could not afford to have anyone to do it. They do a great job and the grass grows like crazy and then I have to have it mowed. It is a never ending process. This year has been much better. The grass maybe is not as pretty as it could be but I am happy. They put stuff on the ground so that the weeds would not grow. I have nothing to complain about. They did their job. They came out and serviced the yard. I always got a call saying they were coming out in the next day or so. They did such a good job that the grass grew.

Description of Work
They did the weed and feed on my lawn.

05/03/2017

LINDA V.

TruGreen burned an area of our lawn with fertilizer six weeks ago on 3/21. To date they have not returned to repair the area. Two men from TruGreen (4/12 & 4/21 -- today is 5/3) have looked at it and agree to the cause of the problem. Also, I agreed to slice seeding. I said I did NOT want over seeding. Ray came and over seeded and then had to return to do the agreed upon slice seeding. The over seeding put grass seed in my extensive garden/flower beds. This means I have to weed the grass out of all the beds. I never received an estimate for the seeding nor have I seen any bills. It can take as long seven days for TruGreen to respond to a phone call.

Description of Work
TruGreen bought out Scott's Lawn, the company that had bee fertilizing our lawn. Scott's lawn was responsive when called and performed the lawn work extremely well. I believe the TruGreen I am reviewing is located in Lewis Center, not Hilliard.

03/11/2017

DEBORAH H.

I think the price is a little high.

Description of Work
They do my lawn service.

Category lawn service

10/03/2016

Darrell V.

Lawn looks a little better but with the incessant phone calls and people banging on my door looking to sell me additional services it was not worth it. Called today to cancel service and could not get past the "hold" on the phone. Waited apprx. 30min. They will pick up the "want new service" number right away but those folks won't do anything but sell you a new program.

Description of Work
lawn treatment for the year

10/03/2016

Darrell V.

got me signed up and then called my home, rang my doorbell and basically annoyed me to the point I canceled my service. They are never satisfied with what they originally singed. They will bug you consistently to "upgrade" or add on to your package. If you call and try to talk to somebody you can only get somebody to answer the phone if you tell the automated machine you want to sign up for a new service.

Description of Work
wanted a simple lawn service plan

09/07/2016

DON B.

When there's a concern they are very good about coming to see what they could do to make it better.

Description of Work
We use Trugreen for lawn fertilization and treatment.

05/28/2016

Yuvonda I.

They are average. The best thing is they show up. The worst thing is I do not think they do as good a job as they can. The cost of service $100 every time they come out. I spend about $600 a year. Their price is average. I would use them again only because they are the only one that will show up, but do I like them, absolutely not. If I can find somebody that would actually come when they are supposed to come and do what they are supposed to do, I will switch in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Scott’s comes out and sprays my grass and treat my trees. They come out on a quarterly basis.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

03/28/2016

Jerry S.

I was contacting lawn care companies to start service. This contact felt very impersonal and rushed. I got a price on a standard 7 visit service and little else. I tried to elicit information about the service and how it differed from the competition (comparison shopping) and all I got was that Scott's made its own product. Nothing about service, schedule, personalized service, options, etc. Nothing. It just seemed like an impersonal cookie cutter approach, which I dislike. Update: A day or so after my first review, a Scott's representative come to my home for a more personalized quote. The rep, Skyler, was professional, knowledgeable, and wanted to make sure that all my questions were answered, and that I was completely informed about Scott's. Really, this was excellent service and very responsive of Scott's to my initial review. Based on my conversation with Skyler, I've started a Scott's lawn plan. I can update again after a period of service; but, for now, I'm very happy with their responsiveness and concern for their customers.

Description of Work
Contacted provider for Lawn federalization/Lawn care.

02/17/2016

Terry G.

The cost varied depending on what they did. It was somewhere from $50 to $120. It seemed a little expensive to me. The weed control they offered me for the weeds there never managed to get rid of it. I think it only took once or twice so they could come out to spray the stuff out whether it worked or not was 50-50. They just showed up when they show up. We did not have appointments or anything. Their professionalism was fine. I would consider using them, but I would probably shop around a little bit more before I pick somebody. It could cost a little bit less and be a little bit more effective on getting rid of the weeds.

Description of Work
In my old house, I used Scott’s. They did fertilization and weed control.

10/09/2015

Sam M.

This company has gotten to big for themselves. Paid good money for service. Had a problem with weed control and called them back out. The tech spot sprayed and was done in less than 10 minutes. He did not cover all the areas because I watched him. I had better luck purchasing 2 bottles of Ortho weed-be- gone and doing this myself. Will not use again nor recommend to anyone else.

Description of Work
Lawn Service and weed control

08/04/2015

NANCY F.

They do a great job. They always call before they come out which I appreciate.

Description of Work
General Yard work

Category lawn service

08/03/2015

John G.

Absolutely horrible. If you want to be bombarded with sales calls (even after you tell them multiple times to NOT call you) then definitely sign up for this service. They will call you at home, at work, and probably on the moon if you happen to be there. And even when you tell them to stop calling you they'll still call. Our lawn didn't look any better than it did prior to when we purchased their service. I would never do business with this company again and would strongly encourage others not to as well.

Description of Work
We purchased a lawn service program on their website.

06/29/2015

PATRICK K.

It was horrible. Switched from TruGreen for a cheaper price and TruGreen told me this would happen. The weeds were horrible. I called and several times they said they would come out but didn't. The times they came out, it made no difference. We never had these problems with TruGreen. Going back to them.

Description of Work
lawn fertilizer

05/27/2015

Marlys W.

I went with TruGreen because I was using ChemLawn and TruGreen bought them. Summers worth of work. I ended up switching. They did well for a while, but there were somethings in my lawn I thought they should have brought my attention to. There were things I thought were one thing and they so no it wasn't. I'd been with them for nearly 9 years. It was a long time. When I left, then they came out and called. Too little, too late.

Description of Work
They did the lawn treatments. Application and aeration. They put down stuff to make your grass greener and stuff to control the weeds.

05/06/2015

Kevin C.

Had no problems. Can't really thing of anything.

Description of Work
I just used Scott's Lawn. Came out did everything.

Jones Topsoil Co

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645.

JD's Lawn Care

Since 2017, we have been specializing in lawn and yard work, mowing, edging, tree trimming, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Weed Man - Columbus North

For more than 45 years, Weed Man Lawn Care has striven to create outdoor yards and landscapes that you call home. Our integrated services provide you with a peace of mind that allows you to unwind in the comfort of your yard, knowing that you’ve created a safe and healthy environment for entertaining your neighbors, playing catch with your kids or letting your pets romp carefree through the grass. Our professional lawn care services also result in increased property values, a must in today’s economy. We know lawn care and we tailor our programs uniquely for your lawn. Our lawn care program includes fertilization – with our exclusive blend of fertilizers – weed/insect/disease management as well as aeration and seeding. We guarantee our services. To find out more about any of our services, click below or call your local Weed Man professional today for a custom lawn analysis and a program designed to keep your lawn healthy and vigorous. Additional email - columbus.nw@weedmanusa.com. if (BADGEBOX) BADGEBOX.PlaceBadge();COLUMBUS lawn service

Organic lawn, tree & shrub care, quality audits, seeding, core aeration, effective weed & outdoor pest control.

Residential mowing.