MVM Moving & Storage - Columbus

Founded 2005 • With Angi since December 2015

MVM Moving & Storage is Central Ohio's #1 Moving Service. We offer high quality, trained professionals to pack and move your commercial or residential items locally or across the country. We are fully licensed and insured.

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

movers (51)piano movers (8)

09/12/2022

Chris G.

Amazing! Our move filled a 26' truck top to bottom, front to back. Our movers were Malek and Trent. After an exhausting loading of the truck, they drove all night to a hotel and met us again in the morning. Faced with a fourth floor move-in, they were relieved to see an elevator dedicated to them - until it stopped working. Frustrated, but undeterred, they continued to hustle boxes and (large, heavy) furniture up four flights of stairs for an additional several hours! I can't thank them enough for their hard work ethic, great attitude ("It's all good!" they would say.) and commitment. When they were finally done, they had a seven hour drive back to OH and I can only imagine how exhausted they must have been. To add insult to injury, the Otis repairman got the elevator working jut as they were waving goodbye! Incredible - and our overall experience w/MVM was also excellent - thank you MVM team!! You guys are great! The Gardners

Description of Work
Move from Columbus, OH to Rochester, NY

Work Completed On 09/01/2022

09/10/2022

David T.

The move was huge and MVM movers got the job done. They were extremely careful with our items and this became a no-worry move for my wife and me. I would re-hire this company with no hesitation. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Home Movers

Category moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 09/03/2022

Review for MVM Moving & Storage - Columbus - 3979 PARKWAY LN, Hilliard, OH - 39867180

Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. We are proud to offer excellent service and the highest quality of moves. We look forward to helping you with any moves you have in the future.

07/18/2022

SUSAN C.

Excellent. They arrived on time and moved my furniture with care. They were very helpful with moving my clothes. Everything was moved and set up in my new residence in about six hours. A stand alone mirror was damaged, but they took it to their shop and repaired it. It was returned to me the next day. The movers made the move easy and less stressful for me.

Description of Work
Move furniture about 20 miles.

Work Completed On 07/18/2022

We are so pleased to hear that we have met your expectations. Thank you for your trust in us! We hope to have the opportunity to assist you again in the future!

05/20/2022

Derrick B.

Needed some help moving a weight system and treadmill to the basement. They were here on time and since everything was boxed, they only took 10 mins.

Description of Work
Willing to move anything

Category moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 05/18/2022

We appreciate your business and trust in us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a fantastic 5 star review!

05/04/2022

Megan K.

The movers were amazing, they individually wrapped every item and packaged it so nice and neat. They even labeled every box with fragile, china cabinet dishes etc. They were punctual and kind. The business themselves also contacted me within 24 hours of requesting service and were great at helping me through, what needed to be an extremely quick move. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
3 story townhome moved and packed in entirety.

Work Completed On 05/03/2022

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed]! We truly appreciate your business and also your wonderful feedback. We are so pleased to hear that we have met your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to assist you again in the future.

04/26/2022

Blair W.

MVM just completed our local Columbus move and we couldn’t be happier with this team! We haven’t moved for 30 years so we didn’t know what to expect, and frankly we were concerned about the care that movers would have with the home we were selling as well as the new build we were moving into. The team of movers from MVM were WONDERFUL – they put as at ease from the moment they stepped in the door. They worked hard and efficiently, but care of our property was their first priority. They were kind and funny – they made what we expected to be a stressful day a lot of fun. Hats off to our team: Maliek, Je’len, Leo, and Dae’Quan. Thank you for the great experience and your pleasant company! As Maliek would say: Best in the Midwest!

Description of Work
local Columbus move

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

Thank yo so very much, for your trust in MVM. We truly appreciate your business and the kind words. We hope to have the opportunity to assist you again in the future.

04/24/2022

Abagail M.

It went great. The team was fast, efficient, polite and professional.

Description of Work
Moved our household goods from downtown Columbus to Westerville.

Work Completed On 04/20/2022

We appreciate your business and trust in MVM. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

02/22/2022

Evin H.

I cannot say enough good things about the team at MVM Columbus. We originally used them to move from Columbus, OH to Chicago, IL in November of 2021, and everything went perfectly smoothly. They were very careful and timely in packaging, and loading, and the next day unpacking was the same. Ali and his team of movers in both locations were very friendly, and completely professional about everything. The business managers at the office, specifically Lance and James, were very helpful as well, always very responsive, and made every effort to make sure the move went as smoothly as possible. The price offered was also very competitive and I would imagine amongst the market leaders. We ended using MVM Columbus for a couch pick up and delivery just recently as well, and their willingness to work with our schedule, and go out of their way to get us our furniture from Columbus to Chicago was truly remarkable, and Theo and Ali did a great job of getting the furniture in quickly and easily. If anyone in the Midwest needs any type of moving service, MVM is the first and ONLY company I would recommend, and we will certainly be using them if/when we ever need to move in the future.

Description of Work
Moving and subsequent couch delivery

Work Completed On 02/21/2022

12/12/2021

Joanna B.

Two guys came to help me move from a third floor apartment. They worked very hard and completed the task with great attitudes and impressive speed!

Description of Work
Moving in Columbus

Work Completed On 12/12/2021

11/16/2021

Patrick C.

Team was very well organized and handled our belongings as if it was there own. We had to move across country and Tyler kept us informed every step of the way. Highly recommend using them for any move!

Description of Work
Package/move across country

Work Completed On 11/16/2021

11/16/2021

LYNDA C.

From the first phone call to the delivery of our furniture, we had a fabulous experience with MVM. James was spot on with our estimate and the number of trucks needed. This was a very large move. Our estimate was on target and the professionalism of every person involved was great. Our crew was careful and everything arrived in great shape. We have truly zero complaints. The crew personally drove my entire household to Florida. We packed it on a Monday and had our things on Thursday. Nothing was sent to an interim storage location as I have experienced with other movers only to have it go very badly. MVM does not do that. Everyone we dealt with is proud of their company and extremely good at what they do. I would definitely use them in the future and highly recommend MVM. Honestly would rate them A+ and a 10 out of 10.

Description of Work
Long distance move from Ohio to Florida

Work Completed On 11/08/2021

11/15/2021

Gretchen G.

The move went better than expected. Aaron and associate arrived promptly when scheduled and completed the work in the planned time frame. They were friendly, polite and hard working.

Description of Work
Furniture moving within Friendship Village of Dublin complex

Work Completed On 11/13/2021

10/24/2021

Christine W.

It was perfect from the beginning. I looked on Angi. A call came quickly. The sales person was thorough, polite, listened to my questions, and was reassuring. Cody and Theo, my movers, were the best. Punctual, efficient, friendly, hard workers, positive attitude (I had lots of steps) I asked for extra help I hadn’t anticipated and they helped without a complaint. Really careful with my stuff and accommodating. Thanks to Theo and Cody and MVM.

Description of Work
Moving to new apartment

Work Completed On 10/21/2021

09/27/2021

Colin M.

Moving out of our townhouse downtown was no easy feat—downtown parking logistics, tight hallways, and stairs, stairs, stairs. However the crew at MVM was nothing but exceptional. They were professional, efficient, and tackled even the heaviest sleeper sofa with ease. All around amazing work.

Description of Work
Moving from Four Story Townhouse

Work Completed On 09/24/2021

07/26/2021

Tom G.

I've used MVM 3 times to move my furniture between houses. The most recent time we had an issue that they resolved timely and fairly. Tony was great to deal with and as always the movers were a pleasure. Thanks again for the good experience! I'd recommend this company!

Description of Work
Local move

Work Completed On 07/26/2021

Thank you so very much for your continued business, [Member Name Removed]. We're very pleased to hear that the issue was resolved to your expectations and in a timely fashion. Thank you for your trust in MVM.

07/06/2021

Julia M.

I hired this company to do a local move with a standard amount of things needing moved for a single person (couch, bed, tv, dresser, kitchen table being the biggest), moving from one apartment to another with a very small commute from old to new apartment. I was quoted for this move to be $500-$900 and no more than 4 hours. It ended up taking 8 hours and I was charged $1400 due to the lack of efficiency and urgency of the movers. This was a massive rip off and waste of time- it would have been faster to move myself, not to mention cheaper. DO NOT hire this company if you’re looking for an easy and cost-efficient move. Highly disappointed and will be looking elsewhere in the future for a moving company.

Description of Work
Moving locally from one small apartment to new apartment

Work Completed On 07/03/2021

05/18/2021

Mary Ann B.

MVM Movers were efficient, timely, and very professional. All of my furniture was safely handled and delivered. They also hooked up two sets of washer and dryers for me. I was impressed with John and Johnnie, the two men who did the job. Overall, I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and washer and dryers to two different residences.

Work Completed On 05/15/2021

04/19/2021

Serena B.

I was in a hard place and needed to move ASAP. I looked this company up on google I called they got me in with in two days, witch was right on time. They price is what got my attention. I’ve e called other places, i did not like the prices I was given. But MVM had a fair price. Everything went good I really appreciate the two guys that came to move me out of my town home. Everything was done at the time I was expecting. I didn’t go over what I wanted to spend for my move. Isaiah and Javonte were the two guys that moved me and was absolutely amazing and very respectful and professional. They took very good care of my furniture while moving. I would hiring this company again I have them saved it my phone. Thanks you again.

Description of Work
Moving heavy furniture.

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

01/20/2021

Jeff S.

Tre, Jermaine, and Javantae showed up right on time and wasted no time getting to work. They hustled but also took time to be cautious. Moving large heavy items in tight spaces requires care and these guys did a great job of balancing speed and caution! I recommend MVM unreservedly and suggest you ask for these three moving pros!

Description of Work
Moving a 587 lb piece of furniture

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing MVM Moving and Storage. We will be here the next time you need our services.

01/11/2021

Sue R.

Excellent! Very thorough and timely. Took extra care to protect my furniture. Very nice, courteous men....Maleen and Tae! They went the extra mile to make my move a very pleasant one! Will definitely use them again and I recommend the company to anyone. You will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Move into a new home

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

01/03/2021

David B.

Perfect, competitive pricing, professionalism, was on tie, loaders joked with each other and made it fun and worked hard, I would definitely recommend MVM for all moving needs, whether in state or out of state. Equipment was new and well maintained, crew worked in a safe manor,

Description of Work
moved from Circleville Ohio to Bradenton Florida

Category piano moving

Work Completed On 12/26/2020

Thanks for the great review! We were happy to assist!

12/01/2020

Roger W.

We were pleased with our move. We'd heard so many horror stories about other movers, including the large national ones, about lost items, late deliveries, price increases after your goods are packed on their truck, etc. that we wanted to try a regional outfit. MVM uses their own trucks and only packs your household into them - you watch everything get loaded and locked. You then know that when everything is unloaded and the trucks are empty, everything is in the new home. Aaron, Tyler, Toby, Noah, Treya and DJ were excellent. Hard workers and careful packers. We did have a few scratches; nobody's perfect, but fewer than if we were doing the work ourselves. We aren't yet done unpacking boxes, but so far, no broken items! Aaron and Tyler from MVM drove the trucks to Virginia and managed a local crew to help move us in - that crew was also excellent. The actual move cost less than the estimate which was a pleasant surprise.

Description of Work
Interstate move from Ohio to Virginia including packing

Work Completed On 11/19/2020

Thank you for the many kind words! We are happy to hear we came in under estimate! We hope you make many wonderful memories in your new home!

11/25/2020

Adam J.

The MVM crew was phenomenal! Tyler H and Cameron were top-notch. We are MVM customers for life now.

Description of Work
U-Haul Unload - Hilliard, OH