College Hunks Hauling Junk

Founded 2008 • With Angi since March 2010

3999 Parkway Ln #9

Hilliard, OH 43026

West Columbus Junk Removal and Donation Pickups in the Columbus Metro area of OH. College Hunks Hauling Junk® provides you with friendly and uniformed collegiate teams to remove unwanted items directly from your attic, basement, or any other current location. We remove all non-hazardous items

10/22/2018

Peter R.

Bad really bad, got a quote for 900-1275 for 3 movers between 4-6 hours it ended costing over $2000 and took 5 guys almost 9 hours to complete the whole time it was 2 movers and 3 spotters. Didn’t use box dollies carried one thing at a time as slow as dirt. One guy even apologized because he was “super hungover”. They didn’t even fill half a 28 ft truck I have a 900sf 2 bedroom apartment, other people quoted me under 5 hours of work. I did a walkthrough with the guys when they got there and they said it would take them 5 hours tops with 3 guys. Once they found out I was going to work and I left my pregnant wife there to watch them, they brought 2 extra guys and took nearly 10 hours! Doubling the quote I received and used pressure tactics to get my wife to pay now! Avoid these guys go with a local company and make sure you discuss top out prices. The photo is how they moved my stuff back in my house!

Description of Work
Moving 2 bedroom apartment

Category moving companies

06/04/2018

Michelle J.

I called on Thursday to inquire about moving services. They were able to get me in on Saturday morning. I was given a two-hour window at that time. I received a call the next day to narrow down the time. The morning of, I received a call 30 minutes prior to arrival. This made it very easy to plan my day. The guys arrived exactly on time, gave us an estimate right in line with what I was quoted over the phone, and got to work immediately. They were able to get the job done quickly. They were polite and professional. I would highly recommend and will use them again.

Description of Work
Hauling and moving services

06/03/2018

Thomas R.

Easy to schedule. On time. Efficient. No surprises. It couldn’t be easier to get rid of junk.

Description of Work
Remove junk from garage.

Category garbage collection, hauling services, dumpster service

05/07/2018

Kathy O.

They were prompt, very nice and worked quickly, carefully and efficiently.

Description of Work
new mattress and box spring set up and removal, removed 2 large tube TV and a variety of other items.

10/26/2017

RANDALL H.

You cannot ask for a more professional and hard working crew than you'll get from CHHJ. These guys do not slow down, and they listen carefully as you explain what needs to go and what needs to stay. On top of that, this is a company with a social conscience that will take re-usable items where they're needed, and not just take them to the landfill. They are reliable, honest, very hard working and get the job done and done right.

Description of Work
I am in the process of cleaning out a basement (as part of an estate) that was both a storage area for a large number of collectible items, including more than 3,000 books; and doubled as a home office for a single-owner businessman. There was a lot of stuff that needed to be hauled away because it was either trash, or could be donated. The job was very large in scope, because a part of that task was packing up all those books (mostly hardbacks) into boxes and taking them to the garage upstairs. In all, nearly 40 boxes of books were packed and hauled, and almost two full truckloads of trash was taken away during two separate visits. In addition, Derek, the director of field operations, came back a couple times by himself just to help pack up all those books and get them to the garage, so possible buyers could easily examine them.

07/13/2017

NATALIE L.

We inquired online and got a call back within 24hours. We set a date for an appointment. The guys showed up on time, called us first to give us a time frame when they were on their way. They were courteous, dressed professionally in uniforms and went right to work. They were efficient and got the job done in an hour. We also received an angies list discount of 10% We will use them again in the future

Description of Work
We had a 110 gallon water heater we needed hauled out of our basement. It was an older model that AEP put out years ago, with a concrete lining. The people who put in our water heater just could not remove it due to the weight. We also had misc junk to dispose of as well.

07/05/2017

Dave V.

They cancelled the day before the service was scheduled as their two trucks were both broken down.

Description of Work
Garage Clean out

05/27/2017

Joe C.

Perfect! Scheduled to arrival < 1 day. Showed up on-time, very polite, gave estimate, hauled junk right then, worked quickly. You pay a bit of a premium, but much very worth it for the convenience. I'll definitely use them again when we do a remodeling project this summer.

Description of Work
Hauling junk

05/24/2017

JOHN & PATRICIA T.

GREAT! Scheduled on-line. Only had to go 4 or 5 business days out to get an appt, and then *I* picked the appt window. Received a confirmation email shortly after, and a call from their office on Tuesday before the Wednesday appt. They called 30 minutes before their arrival, as promised. Professional and friendly, in and out in about 15 minutes. Absolutely would NOT hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Take away a big screen (back then) projection tv (i.e. a BIG box on wheels, NOT a flat screen 2"-3" deep). Up basement steps and out through the garage.

04/12/2017

JUDY S.

very well . they were prompt, polite and did a good job

Description of Work
removed trash and moved heavy items in home

Category garbage collection, hauling services, moving companies

04/10/2017

Erika B.

The guys did a great job and worked fast.

Description of Work
hauling big items.

06/04/2016

John J.

Great service. Prompt and professional. Will and Nick did a great job especially getting the treadmill out of the basement

Description of Work
We are moving from a house to a condo and needed to get rid of quite a bit of stuff we were not moving. This included old refrigerator, entertainment center, desk, metal patio furniture, chairs, tube tv and a treadmill.

05/25/2016

David B.

Great job by the 'Hunks'! They were on time and did their work well! Would use them again for any junk removal job!

Description of Work
Removal of a hot tub.

04/14/2016

STEVE & LINDA K.

They did a great job. I had expected it to be difficult to remove the hot tub from our raised deck in a gated yard. However, the crew knew exactly what to do. They came prepared with tools. They worked very efficiently and cleaned everything up afterwards. They were very polite.

Description of Work
Removed a hot tub.

11/29/2015

CAROL L.

Great! They called the night before to give us the approximate time within the two hour window and the estimated price. They then called about 15-20 minutes before they arrived. Very friendly and easy to work with. They took the TV which weighed about 150 pounds out with no problem.

Description of Work
picked up an old 36 inch tube tv

Category hauling services

Thanks for your review Mrs. [Member Name Removed]! I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Happy Holidays!

10/13/2015

PETER P.

Excellent! Everything was just as advertised. I scheduled an appointment on the website and received both e-mail and telephone confirmations. They arrived on time (1 hour into 2-hour window) and were done in 1 hour. Workers were polite and professional. As to cost, it would have cost about $300 to rent a dumpster and have it placed in my driveway. CHHJ charged only $400, and they did all the work in much less time. When they left, everything was gone and the area had been sweep clean. Great bargain as far as I'm concerned. I would certainly use their services again.

Description of Work
Hauled away debris from deck replacement, plus some miscellaneous items.

Category hauling services

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for such a great review! We would like to thank you for making it so easy for us as well. Such great customers make our job much easier! Happy Holidays, College Hunks Hauling Junk

07/24/2015

Kevin B.

The estimate and service were provided in less than 24 hours of each other; Alex was very accommodating and gave us a fantastic rate on the service. Once the job was close to completion, Alex called me out to check the work they completed; not only was the dirt removed, but the ground was leveled, too. College Hunks was extremely professional. I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
When we installed our own paver patio, we dumped our dirt behind our backyard fence. Once we got a complaint by the city, we called College Hunks for an estimate to remove the dirt.

04/24/2015

Manjula B.

Good response and professional. Gave us a good deal.

Description of Work
Yard waste disposal

04/17/2015

Jason J.

They called before arrival, reviewed the stuff I needed removed, gave me a quote, and were done in a half hour. Will use again.

Description of Work
Removed assorted construction materials, plus a dresser and large desk.

01/25/2015

David B.

One of the two guys that showed up tracked mud on an oriental rug, stairs and loft carpet. When the owner/manager showed up he said he would take care of it and had the take off their shoes.(not a great decision from a personal safety point of view). They spend over 30 minutes of the two hours I contracted for trying to get a medium sized refrigerator downstairs. They did not come equipped with the proper tools to remove the refrigerator door. The language used by the owner/manager during this part of the move was not appropriate at all. They left a pad behind so I called them to let them know they could pick it up. The manager said he would be out the next week to pick up the pad and to pick up the oriental rug and get it cleaned. He never showed up.

Description of Work
moved furniture within the house

09/04/2014

Deborah M.

The gentlemen who were sent were on time, polite, and thorough. They were friendly with my kids (who were rather pesky in their interest in what the "working guys" were doing), careful of my pets (we have an escape artist of a dog), and respectful of our house. They worked quickly and efficiently. I was pleased with the work, the workers, the price, and the end result.

Description of Work
Collected assorted junk, recyclables, reuseables and unwanted items. Removed them from our property and disposed of them.

08/26/2014

SARAH S.

Alex and Will rock! Super nice, professional, courteous and accommodating. If I would have know how easy this was going to be I wouldn't have stressed out. They truly are stress-free .

Description of Work
Removed a ton of junk from my home in Victorian Village.

08/05/2014

Andrea A.

It went just fine. They were prompt, courteous and did the work. They did great. Responsiveness was very good.

Description of Work
I had them lift furniture from one room to another.

07/23/2014

Lynn N.

My husband used them about a year ago and they were very good and they were very reasonable and they hauled all the stuff out. They quoted a lower price and charged more but not much. They were real good. It was really great and it was all cleaned up.

Description of Work
They hauled a ton of rocks and bricks and junk from the side of our garage. It was all in the front yard and they took it off the curb and threw it in their truck and took of.

07/22/2014

Addie F.

We've used them once before and they did a good job. I didn't have any dislikes. They were pretty easy to work with. They had good prices. They were friendly and provided good service.

Description of Work
We were moving and they got rid of some of the stuff that was harder to get rid of like the deep freezer and some other stuff like that.

Leaders Moving & Storage Co of Columbus

Super Service Award Winner in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001 and 2000. Leaders Moving & Storage of Columbus offers a wide range of residential and commercial moving and storage services. We have been in business for over 28 years and we have completed over 160,000 moves! Leaders is a professional moving and storage company, and we don't just use that as a catch phrase: Many of our employees are "Master Movers", meaning that they have completed over 1,000 household moves. You are only as good as your last move. Over 80% of all our customers last year were repeat customers and referrals. This is due to the fact that we do more than just meet our customer’s expectations, we exceed them. We are one of the only moving companies that can give you a GUARANTEED move price. We give you the flexibility of controlling the price of your move. There are no hidden fees, and no nasty surprises. Our price includes all charges, mileage, tolls, drive-time, taxes, etc. You can reach us toll free at (800) 421-3029. We look forward to helping you with all your moving needs. USDOT:1237577

2 Women With A Pick Up Truck And Trailer Too

YOU CAN ALWAYS REACH US DIRECTLY At (614)327-5462 call or text! SAME DAY SERVICE POSSIBLE! Get your project completed today and pay later with our buy now pay later financing! Finish your junk removal with a MOVE OUT CLEANING! We are your most affordable option for hauling and junk removal! 2 Women With A Pickup Truck And Trailer Too LLC has been a locally owned and operated small business providing exceptional junk removal services in the entire Columbus Ohio and surrounding areas, full time, for 14 plus years, making us an excellent first choice when looking for a qualified, skilled hauling and junk removal expert! Your trash is our livelihood and that is why we guarantee outstanding customer service from the very beginning of the job until completion! We are committed to leaving our customers with that "WOW" effect upon completion of our services and have acquired many compliments and raving reviews on Google, The Better Business Bureau, Yelp, and Facebook, establishing and maintaining a 5 Star rating! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ We offer a wide variety of different services in order to help you with your home readiness project and can help with hauling, junk removal, trash pickup, move out cleaning, whole home and property cleanouts, carpet removal, yard clean up and taming, interior painting and more! All of our junk loads are first removed from the property quickly and efficiently and will be sorted for re-purposing, donated, or recycled. We can even donate directly through our own needy family program! There are many benefits to choosing our junk removal company such as: easy quotes by phone or text 24 hours, 7 days per week! Discounted cost for garage or driveway hauling! We can haul junk from anywhere in your home with no job being to small or to large! With our contactless payments you do not even need to be home! We are a legal licensed and insured business. Almost all payment methods accepted! We promise to offer you friendly, trustworthy, professional service and are always ready to work with you to create fair affordable pricing! Give us a call or text today to discuss how we may be able to help you!

Mr. Mover of Ohio Inc

Mr. Mover is a licensed and insured moving company, serving Central Ohio for over 35 years. We, at Mr. Mover, are a long-standing, reliable company that fulfills residential and commercial, local and long distance moving needs for customers like you every day. Our insured, trained employees provide expert packing and shipping, and we provide an outstanding secure storage facility. Full-Time employees. No subcontractors. Charges by the hour. Travel charges apply. Hours listed are office hours, moves 6 days per week. Extra charge for after hour services may apply. License: PUCO #140332-G, DOT #961938, MC # 410383-C. . Services all of the United States. Part of the National Moving Network. We offer 5% military discounts for active as well as retired personnel. We also offer 5% senior discounts.

Offers by Mr. Mover of Ohio Inc on Angi

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
    $10

Junk Removal, Recycling, Appliance Removal, Appliance Disposal, Appliance Recycling, Trash Removal, Debris Removal, Light Demolition, Dismantle Office Cubicles, Haul Away Unwanted Items Including Old Furniture, Appliances, Construction Materials, Computer Equipment, Electronics, Renovation Debris, Hot Tubs, Yard Brush

Hazardous Materials Removal.