CLARKE COMPANY RESTORATION & REFINISHING

Founded 1999 • With Angi since July 2006

D L Custom Woodworking & Restoration

Furniture restoration, refinishing & repair. I also do custom furniture, make custom wood trim. Some cabinetry work. Any kind of special or unusual wood projects.

02/26/2016

Jeannette B.

10/28/2014

LISA S.

06/28/2014

Sharon M.

08/04/2011

JAMES H.

The cabinet is BEAUTIFUL. I could not have asked for better work. It is restored to its original look entirely, and is awaiting the return of the clockworks.

Description of Work
I have a 100+ year old German grandfather clock, that had not run since 1967. After having the works removed by a different company, I contacted Sean Clarke (on their recommendation) to do cabinet restoration. He came to the house, looked the piece over, and gave me an estimate to restore the cabinet and replace the missing glass.

04/27/2010

Angela L.

In my move to Columbus, the movers broke a shelf and lost the wheel on my platform bed. The moving company sent “the best in Columbus” to repair the pieces, but they couldn’t repair the items, saying there was nothing that could be done. I asked the company to resend someone who really could repair the damage, someone who really was “the best in Columbus,” and they sent Clarke and Co. They turned out to be extremely courteous, professional and knowledgeable about what needed to be done. It was not an issue at all with them to repair the broken furniture. Within a week, Clarke and Co repaired it and it was just like new.

Description of Work
Repair furniture damaged in move

10/28/2006

LISA V.

Movers broke a bookshelf while moving us and they arranged to have it repaired. Clarke and Company called and arranged a time to come and pick up the bookshelf and were on time. When the repair was done, they called to arrange a time to deliver the finished piece and were on time to that appointment as well. Admittedly, the bookshelf they repaired was a cheap Target bookshelf, but the moving company was taking care of the repair. I was impressed that they were able to match the original finish so closely. I can't even tell where the repair was now. I was so impressed with my experience, I will probably use this company for restoration work on some antiques that I own.

Description of Work
Repaired a bookshelf that was broken by movers. They removed a section of the broken wood, replaced it, and restained the new section to match the original finish.

07/26/2006

JODI G.

I cannot express how incredibly pleasant and satisfactory this experience has been. I could not envision how my over one hundred and fifty year old high end bookcase would look after it was damaged by a moving company. Sean took this piece back to its original condition. Sean was absolutely meticulous, timely and impressive in his knowledge of antique furniture. His customer service and craftmanship are impeccable. I have used many companies out there (including one from Angies List, Browsers Welcome) to do small repairs and refinishing work on my antique wood products, none of those companies compare to the quality this company has demonstrated.

Description of Work
I had a high end circa 1800's antique bookcase damaged by a moving company. This company repaired the piece back to its original condition.

Category furniture repair

REPAIR & RESTORATION OF ANTIQUE FURNITURE, SPECIALIZING IN FRENCH POLISHING.

Satisfaction