By Design Lawn & Landscape

PO Box 322

Hilliard, OH 43026

06/01/2014

Darrell V.

's but because of the holiday it would be Saturday. We stayed an extra day in the house so that I could meet with them. We only had a bed and NO furniture. It was a little inconvenient but I wanted to get the grass cut. Nobody showed up by approx. 4pm so I tried to call again and got no response. I asked a neighbor to watch out and see if it was mowed after we left. I called her the next day and she said nothing had been done. I have just called Mike and cancelled his service. Another mower has agreed to get it mowed TODAY. Today is a Sunday so I really appreciate the effort.

Description of Work
Called Mike at By Design and told him we were just moving in and was going to need several things done to get the yard in shape as house hadn't been lived in for several months and the grass was badly in need of mowing. I was referred to him by the mowing service that was doing the house when it was up for sale. They didn't want to do it anymore since it was out of his usual service area. When we got to the house the house the next day the quote was in the mailbox as promised ( a good sign), I called again to set up mowing and hopefully meet with someone to discuss the other things I wanted done. I was told that they usually serviced my area on Friday

08/30/2013

Adam H.

it was below average. What we asked for versus what we got was not, it was very general. The direction was terrible, it was a good month after they came out from when they said they would come out. What we asked them to do, they did not do. They were supposed to come out in April, but they came out in May. They did not trim any of the bushes at all. They are terrible at returning phone calls and you need to be out there watching them.

Description of Work
I used By Design Lawn & Landscape for landscaping. They were supposed to etch and trim all the bushes around the house and re mulch all the beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

05/10/2013

Theresa C.

Mike came out within a couple days of us calling and gave us an estimate which he left in the mailbox. I really liked this approach since I did not have to be readily available for the estimate. The quote was extremely reasonable. The day of the mulching a crew of two people came out to do the work. They were both courteous and cleaned up after the work was done. We look forward to hiring you again for mulching next year!

Description of Work
Cleaning out of beds, edging and mulching. Total cubic yards of mulch used was 7.

Category lawn service, mulch

07/05/2012

JOY G.

I have been a loyal customer for the past six years and they have been excellent in terms of mowing my lawn. In the last two months, their service has been sporadic. They have missed some weeks of mowing and my attempts to talk to them have been totally unsuccessful. I left over 6 voice mails for Mike Castle on the topic of missed lawn-mowing days and I have yet to receive a call back. It is quite disappointing. I felt that perhaps I fell behind on paying invoices so in one of the messages, I asked to be notified if that was the case and I expressed a readiness to address the problem. No call backs! Writing this report is my last attempt at "waking the company up from its slumber" and start engaging again. I am a loyal customer - I don't drop companies or barbers or service organizations just for price. I am usually willing to give them second chances as long I see honest attempts to improve. In the case of By Design, I am sadly out of options. Most probably, I will be moving on to another company.

Description of Work
This company performs weekly lawn-mowing for my house.

06/13/2012

cynthia L.

The overall experience is good. The price is excellent. They are responsive, punctual, and professional.

Description of Work
I use By Design Lawn & Landscape for basic landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

12/19/2011

Cathy T.

It went very well. The owner was very patient. He asked lots of questions about what I wanted and took the time to explain everything to me. The company did a great job. The house looks much better. They removed all of the debris, leaves, limbs etc. I could hardly tell that they had been there.

Description of Work
The landscape plants in the front of my house had become overgrown. I had Tailored Lawn Service trim all plants and remove a dead schrub.

03/25/2009

Gary T.

Responded to a "prior customer" mail promotion. Called the number, left message asking for an estimate, and the next day came home and the estimate was in my mailbox. Again called the number, said the quote was acceptable; they promptly called me back to confirm the order. About a week later I came home from work and the mulching was done (I had told them time scheduling was flexible and I was not in a hurry; they would have done the work sooner had I asked). Looks great. I have used them a couple times in the past and I am always happy with how good the mulch looks. Really makes a difference!

Description of Work
Edged and mulched around front yard bushes and two trees.

Category landscaping, lawn service

09/04/2008

JOY G.

By Design is very reliable and dependable. They showed up on time. They cleaned up well after themselves. We have been doing service with them for four years and have never had any problems with them.

Description of Work
By Design sent someone who came and mowed my lawn for me.

06/08/2005

JOHN L.

HE IS WONDERFUL.

Description of Work
HE DOES ALL OF MY LAWN CARE.

Category landscaping

04/21/2005

GINA K.

THE FELLOW SHOWED-UP AND DIDN'T RING MY DOORBELL, SO I DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO TELL HIM WHAT I NEEDED. HE GAVE ME AN ESTIMATE FOR ALL THE BEDS. I LEFT HIM A MESSAGE EXPLAINING HOW I DON'T WANT THE WHOLE YARD DONE, BUT THEN I NEVER GOT A CALL BACK. I DIDN'T WANT TO TRY AND TRACK HIM DOWN, SO I HIRED ANOTHER COMPANY.

Description of Work
CALLED THEM FOR AN ESTIMATE TO EDGE AND MULCH SOME OF MY GARDEN BEDS.

08/04/2000

DEBORAH C.

I WROTE A LETTER TO THE COMPANY & HAVE YET TO SPEAK W/ MIKE CASTLE (OWNER) THIS COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE A CUSTOMER OR QUALITY ORIENTATION. KL

Description of Work
OLD EDGINGS WERE PUT BACK IN FLOWER BED, WHICH CAUSED MORE GRASS TO GROW IN THE BEDS. BEDS WERE NOT CLEANED OUT PROPERLY. MULCH WAS UNEVENLY APPLIED IN ONE PLACE IT WAS 5-6" & 1/4" IN ANOTHER. SKIPPED ONE BED.

01/10/2000

BETTY S.

THEY WERE ALWAYS ON TIME. THEY RETURNED MY PHONE CALLS IN A VERY TIMELY MANNER. I THOUGHT THEY DID A WONDERFUL JOB WITH EVERYTHING. CD

Description of Work
THEY DID A NUMBER OF THINGS FOR ME. TRIMMED TREES, MOWED THE LAWN AND CLEANED UP THEIR MESSES.

Jones Topsoil Co

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645.

JD's Lawn Care

Since 2017, we have been specializing in lawn and yard work, mowing, edging, tree trimming, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Weed Man - Columbus North

For more than 45 years, Weed Man Lawn Care has striven to create outdoor yards and landscapes that you call home. Our integrated services provide you with a peace of mind that allows you to unwind in the comfort of your yard, knowing that you’ve created a safe and healthy environment for entertaining your neighbors, playing catch with your kids or letting your pets romp carefree through the grass. Our professional lawn care services also result in increased property values, a must in today’s economy. We know lawn care and we tailor our programs uniquely for your lawn. Our lawn care program includes fertilization – with our exclusive blend of fertilizers – weed/insect/disease management as well as aeration and seeding. We guarantee our services. To find out more about any of our services, click below or call your local Weed Man professional today for a custom lawn analysis and a program designed to keep your lawn healthy and vigorous. Additional email - columbus.nw@weedmanusa.com. if (BADGEBOX) BADGEBOX.PlaceBadge();COLUMBUS lawn service

Lawn mowing, edging, mulching, tree planting and pruning along with shrubs, lawn irrigation systems, landscape design and installation & stone retaining walls.