Buck & Sons Landscape Service Inc

Founded 1971 • With Angi since August 1995

7147 Hayden Run Rd

Hilliard, OH 43026

Buck and Sons Landscape Service is a family owned, quality oriented, full-service landscape firm serving Columbus, OH since 1971. We provide services for residential and commercial clients which include all facets of the landscape industry. Whether you are looking for a paver patio, walkway or landscape design of your home, Buck and Sons will make sure your Outdoors are Great! http://www.buckandsons.com...

05/19/2020

Rich L.

I am quite irritated with Buck and Sons. Four years ago we had pine trees planted by them. We liked the look of the Colorado blue spruce. They did not educate us on the tree, and that it does not do well in our climate and soil. They are the experts, they should have informed us. Altogether the trees = $2400. All (6) of them now have a fungus and a few of them look dead. We are going to have to pay a tree service to try and save them/bring them back to health. But Buck & Sons - you should have provided us with better information and perhaps given other suggestions on trees that are better in our region...we would have accepted the advice! Total waste of money. I question their trustworthiness, and would not recommend them. $2400 is a lot of money!

Description of Work
tree planting

Category landscaping

[Member Name Removed], we apologize for your frustration. The decline of Colorado Blue Spruce has been more problematic in the last couple of years. We try to stay on top of current disease and problems associated with plant material in our climate and this fungal disease was not as widespread during your initial installation.

06/14/2018

kelly N.

This is the single best landscaping company in Columbus. Being a home owner for over 30 years, I have never had such an outstanding experience like I have with Buck and Sons. They have done several jobs and each one was done with expert care. Jared Buck is exceptional to deal with and the reason why I would recommend his company above anyone else. Jared's visionary talent, extensive knowledge, experience and consistent punctuality and follow through is what makes him a "stand out". Without even knowing, he would stop by to check on the property numerous times, well after the installation of sod, plants, tree etc... Another reason why I like working with Jared is because he is kind and honorable. Wish we could clone him!! The Buck and Sons employees love working there and it is very evident. That, in itself, speaks volumes.

Description of Work
Landscaping

02/25/2018

VINCENT AND SUSAN R.

Pete responded promptly to my request for a consultation/quote and carefully listened to what we wanted. Within a few days, he'd emailed me a very detailed drawing of his proposal complete with ideas for landscaping (even though we weren't planning to have them install any landscaping) and a detailed estimate. The cost was slightly higher than the one other quote we'd received but we knew exactly what we'd be getting for that cost. Pete helped us trimmed the cost a bit by making some design changes and we scheduled a date to begin. The work began a little later than we'd hoped due to weather but once they got started, the team worked hard and fast, completing the project in about 2 weeks. Pete remained in contact with us throughout, answering my questions as I saw the work progress and coming to the house to take a look when I thought it might look better to change the design slightly. Pete was easy to work with, thoughtful with his ideas, and prompt in answering questions. His team took good care of the space and was friendly and hard-working. We LOVE our new patio and would highly encourage folks to give Buck and Sons a look!

Description of Work
Concrete patio and steps removed; installed paver patio with two sections and a walled firepit area

Category hardscaping

09/18/2017

Robert S.

Buck & Sons were excellent. They got everything done quickly, professionally, and just the way I wanted it.

Description of Work
I had Buck & Sons remove 3 mulch beds, lay down sod, trim trees, and weed and clean up my remaining flower beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

07/18/2017

Christine H.

I would say it took 3 days to complete the work. Two people came out to do the work. The area was wonderful.

Description of Work
They did a spring clean up and fixed the current patio. They pressure washed it and sealed it.

Category pressure washing, hardscaping

03/20/2017

Shawnda V.

I'd use them again - very smooth and seamless company to work with.

Description of Work
Pete with Buck and Sons is so responsive and professional. I think they're priced a little higher but it's worth paying more to get good service. I had a few plants not make it, but Pete brought replacements over.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

09/16/2015

Beverly C.

The job went very well despite the rain every day. I was impressed with the work performance

Description of Work
reworked brick sidewalk that had sunken; tore out overgrown shrubs and replanted; cut down and grinded roots of 2 trees and then replaced with 2 trees; replaced back patio with new pavers

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

06/22/2015

Maria P.

Exceeded all my expectations. These guys were awesome and went above and beyond. They trimmed up trees as they planted them and even moved plants at my request after they had been already been planted. They used the extra mulch to mulch other beds around our home. They took pride in the end result and we love it.

Description of Work
Created a path in the woods landscaped with hydrangeas, dogwood trees, witch hazel and Canadian Hemlocks.

Category landscaping, tree service

06/03/2015

John T.

Very responsive and prompt. Pleasant people to deal with and very knowledgeable. I have had to call on a few additional tasks and they came right over. They have done everything promised and I would highly recommend them. My daughter also hired them for her property and they are satisfied.

Description of Work
general landscape, mulch, irrigation maintenance and regular mowing. We hired them for the season.

12/09/2014

JJ B.

They were good. They came out as quickly as possible to provide the service. They took care of the sod while I was out of town. Overall really good service.

Description of Work
Put sod down in my front yard.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

11/06/2014

John M.

Quality work. paid attention to details. no complaints.

Description of Work
retaining wall, drainage , reset walk , lawn service in 2014.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

06/11/2014

Rhonda M.

Pete Marsh created a landscape design based on our desires and specifications (low maintenance, color, texture, smell, exposure and water). It's gorgeous. Buck and Sons sent 2 hard workers who did what needed to be done and answered any questions we had. Everyone involved in this project went the extra mile and did what needed to be done. They are not cheap, but the work is wonderful. I strongly recommend them.

Description of Work
Created landscape design for front and side of house, removed what was there, improved soil, planted, mulched, installed sod, provided instructions on upkeep.

06/04/2014

MATTHEW H.

Fabulous! From design by Pete Marsh to demolition to installation, could not have gone smoother. Questions were always answered by Pete timely, and adjustments to the plan were met with professionalism and cooperation. We paid more than some other contractors were estimating, but could not be happier with the end result. Sometimes you get what you pay for!

Description of Work
Design of new landscaping and hardscaping, demolition of existing concrete patio, installation of new paver patio, plantings, and raised vegetable garden.

04/23/2014

JILL W.

We've been using them for four years. They do a good job.

Description of Work
I used the landscaping and lawn service of Buck & Sons Landscape Service Inc. They did some spring clean up. They don't do grass treatment but they do landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service

12/05/2013

christine S.

Buck and Sons are a dream to work with. We have used them to install sod, new beds and have them do our spring and fall landscape work. We have never had a problem with anything. Jared is always quick to communicate and/or check in to see how things are going. I can also email him with any questions or concerns and he almost always gets back to me the same day (if not its the next day). They are not the cheapest, you do however get what you pay for---EXCELLENT customer service and EXCELLENT work.

Description of Work
installed sod and new beds

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

04/26/2013

PHILIP C.

Buck and Sons Landscape Service Inc. did a great job.

Description of Work
Buck & Sons Landscape Service Inc. did the landscape for us. They designed the plants that we would put in there.

03/12/2013

GENE B.

They came and completely gave one of my homes a totally different look, it was beautiful, did such a great job, would recommend them to anyone. He also takes the specialty wood when cutting trees and helps out a local business to smoke meat with.

Description of Work
Completely landscaped entire front yard and in front of home, misc. work around the outside

Category lawn service

02/11/2013

Joe W.

Driveway was cracked and breaking up badly. Buck and Sons cleaned surface real well - dug down and remokved weak areas and built up new base materials - widened drive by 6 inches and refinishedentire surface. Contractor was very flexible to correct unknown weak areas and my request to add width when not in the original plan - addition costs was very fair.

Description of Work
Resurface and seal home driveway.

Category excavators, landscaping

11/26/2012

Kathy S.

Mr. Cromwell arrived promptly and emailed an estimate early the following week. He did exactly what he needed to do, but did not and quot;selland quot; the job.

Description of Work
I received an estimate for tearing out our front yard and installing sod.

09/26/2012

BOB L.

Contacted Buck and Sons on one day, received a call from Chuck Buck two days later (who indicated that he had done work for our neighbors). He told me that a member of his staff (also with the last name of Buck) would be calling. Never heard from the company again

Description of Work
There were no services performed

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, tree service

09/06/2012

Mark D.

The service has been good. They provide excellent friendly service.

Description of Work
They come in every spring and check the lawn irrigation system. They come in the fall and blow out the system and get it ready for the winter. We have a maintenance program with them.

Category irrigation systems

08/29/2012

Norah P.

Buck and Sons were very prompt in coming to provide a plan and quote based on our requirements. Their suggestions and quality is always very good. They have consistently selected landscaping that will work in our yard and fit our personal maintenance requirements. They are a pleasure to work with however schedule early because you will most likely have to wait multiple weeks for your service.

Description of Work
Planted 3 Evergreens, removed two dead shrubs, planted decoration tree, transplanted small tree from front to back yard, mulched along the back of the property line and laid grass seed as well.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

07/11/2012

Paul S.

Excellent design and service by Pete Marsh. I highly recommend this company and I will be using them again to do the back yard. Pete is a very talented Landscape Architect and it was a pleasure to work with him.

Description of Work
Designed and landscaped the front yard.

06/27/2012

CAROL P.

I have a contract for their service for the seasons. I found that they are reliable. If there is anything that isn't right, they make it right. I think that they are people of good character. I've had no trouble with any of the workers not being responsible or courteous. They are certainly not the least expensive but they do quality work.

Description of Work
I use Buck & Sons Landscape Service Inc for lawn maintenance as well as garden maintenance which includes pruning, trimming, edging and general spring clean up. I've dealt with them since 2000.

Category landscaping, lawn service

06/16/2012

Dianne M.

They were later coming this year that last year and didn't trim as much from the bushes at the side of the house, but everything was done well.

Description of Work
Spring clean up of flower beds and mulching. Removed fall leaves that had accumulated and some trimming of bushes.

LDF Outdoor Lighting

Since 2004 I have been designing and installing low voltage outdoor lighting systems for residential clients. Unlike our competition, we are not a division of a larger landscape company, and we are not a national franchise. This means our only focus is on outdoor lighting and our creativity and flexibility is not beholden to a particular product line or business model. As owner, I work on every job we install and take pride and ownership in each one. We vow to make the night the most beautiful and inviting time to enjoy your outdoor home.

Offers by LDF Outdoor Lighting on Angi
    Jones Topsoil Co

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645.

Flores Landscaping Services Inc

Flores Landscapes is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of clients though high integrity and accountability. We understand that your home is likely the most valuable asset you will ever own - both financially and sentimentally. Flores will enhance the outdoor aesthetics of your home, while making the process smooth and professional. Additional email: info@FloresLandscapes.com.

Paver patios, Paver walkways, Retaining walls, Landscape Design, Landscape Installation, Flower Design and Installation, Lawn sprinklers, Landscape lighting, Lawn fertilization, Full Maintenance and Water Features