BLUE SKY HOME & BUSINESS SERVICES

Founded 1993 • With Angi since November 2002

3991 Hamilton Middletown Rd Ste B

Hamilton, OH 45011

9 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB.

10/10/2014

Carole S.

They have always been good. I've used them for 14 years. They do excellent work.

Description of Work
They cleaned 27 windows for our 2 story house. They also cleaned the 2 story chandelier.

05/28/2014

JOHN L.

They always do a great job with the windows. They did not do a very good job on the housecleaning. They did not get the concept of what needs to be done with house cleaning. They were timely and got everything done in a reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
They did the interior and exterior window cleaning. They also did some whole house cleaning.

01/15/2014

Michael E.

The project went terribly. Right from the start his workers showed up late, left early and were on cell phones texting much of the work day when they were there. The initial concrete footing was poor quality and out of level. Rebar was all over the place. They took so long to get this done that the weather turned bad, the trench filled up with water and caved in. It went down hill from there. It took forever to get the wall forms set up due to the footing being so bad and the trench being too narrow. When they finally poured the walls, one of the forms moved because they were unable to get in the trench to get it tied down. The result was that it made a really thick spot which looks terrible. He ended up firing everyone and bringing in a new crew. By now it had been over two months and it was November. Framing began and went at a very slow pace. The pace slowed further and when the roofing team came in, at the end of the day they had yet to install the first shingle. After much prodding the owner finally confessed that he had spent all of the money I had paid thus far and he had no money to buy materials. I was forced to pay a second time for materials while he promised to cover the labor and pay me back. By the middle of December, he stopped communicating with me at all. He had not paid his workers and I had to pay them to keep them from having Christmas with no pay. I am now paying for the garage out of my own pocket while Blue Sky has over $70,000 of my money and produced maybe $40,000 worth of work. I continue getting calls from businesses that he did not pay and are threatening to place liens on my property. I am currenlty trying to recover some of my money which they still have, roughly $30,000. I have also filed criminal charges against the company as well as Credit Card Fraud. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

Description of Work
Blue Sky was contracted to build an attached 2 car garage addition that was designed by an architect.

10/16/2013

Sanjay P.

Nothing! I called and asked for an estimate for Holiday decorations. He asked for email pictures which I sent the same day. No word from them thus far. Its been 2 weeks!

Description of Work

Category electrician, window cleaning, holiday decorators

10/15/2013

James N.

Came on time. Set his ladder and climbed onto roof. Cleaned all gutters and collected all the leaves and trash from the gutters.

Description of Work
Climbed onto the roof and cleaned all the gutters

Category gutter repair

08/12/2013

TOM D.

Blue Sky's 2 window washers were at the house for for almost three hours, working all the time but for a ''rain" break. I wasn't home, but my wife, Vanessa, and our crew of small dogs followed them around and were exacting quality controllers. When I got home the spider webs and dog nose smudges were gone, and Vanessa was smiling.

Description of Work
washed windows inside and out

07/29/2013

Paul S.

The estimate was reasonable, the crew was well-supervised, took care of the problem in the gutter and did a quality job on the windows. They were fast, thorough, efficient, easy to deal with.

Description of Work
Windows cleaned inside and out, gutter in back cleaned, 3 screens

07/01/2013

Debra T.

Window glass was cleaned, inside and out, but they claimed 6 year old windows were "etched" and they had no product to clean that , only Dawn dish soap. Windows are white coated framed and all the tracks were left very filthy. I had to do them myself after they left. It took two people 3 plus hours to do 47 panes of glass (each window top and bottom is considered a separate pane). Later found I was robbed, since other neighbors have someone to do similar houses and number of windows for 1/2 the price!

Description of Work
Difficult to reach for scheduling, did not call back for a week

07/01/2013

SUSAN D.

windows look like new, I didn't realize how dirty they were.

Description of Work
wash windows inside and out clean screens

06/05/2013

Gary B.

I had to call three times to get an estimate, but once that was obtained, everything went perfect. We have a large 2 story home with many windows and glass doors. Everything looked perfect when they finished. Two workers worked not stop for 3 hours to complete the job. I would definately use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned windows inside and outside, screens and widow sills.

01/27/2013

TOM D.

strBob's crew was friendly and efficient. They had the light scape plan from last year when they had first done our lights and put it in place perfectly. This spring we will have them wash our windows and next Christmas we'll have them string our outside lights again.

Description of Work
Blue sky put up and took down our outside Christmas lights.

Category window cleaning, holiday decorators

12/10/2012

David M.

In general did a good job. Showed up on time and got started promptly. Cleaned up well after themselves. Fast and efficient. Only negatives were one small window & storm that was overlooked. They also had a problem with one of our curtain rods that required some DIY repair on my part. Not clear whether it was actually a rod failure or if a part was broken due to inexperience on worker's part, but am willing to give them benefit of the doubt since the rest of the job/experience went well. Price seemed pretty competitive and they squeezed me into their schedule just prior to Thanksgiving holiday.. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Interior, exterior and storm window washing on a big old Victorian home

10/30/2012

Maurice R.

Blue Sky was very responsive from the start. They were easy to get ahold of and also communicated with me via phone and text regarding schedule changes. They were flexible and accommodating with our scheduling needs. They worked in an efficient manner and got the job done in the little time available to them. The entire crew was personable and professional.

Description of Work
Blue Sky cleaned the windows on our home inside and out.

10/18/2012

RON S.

We recently moved in to our new home, coming from out of state. As we were finishing a major interior painting project, we called Bob Daughhetee for an estimate to clean all the windows -- inside and out, and all the screens -- now, and to discuss the possibility of putting up holiday decorations (we "inherited" many from the previous owners) later on. While here, Bob suggested cleaning the canopy above one of the windows, too, which we actually thought was a hopeless mess. We had a screen door in need of repair. He listened carefully to our needs and noted our concern about washing interior windows with very fresh paint on the trim. We decided to go ahead and use Blue Sky's services. CLEARLY (pun intentional!), Blue Sky knows how to achieve great results in cleaning windows. Even the canopy, which we decided couldn't look worse to start with, turned out vastly improved, to our surprise. The entire crew did an excellent and very thorough job on the work described above, taking care (especially around the freshly painted areas) throughout our home. When they noticed an issue that would need to be addressed eventually, we were told about it. This is very helpful for new owners who haven't yet discovered everything needing attention. They demonstrated competence, courtesy and professionalism in every respect. Everyone on this crew seems to take pride in their work. It shows in the results, and we appreciate it! We are very happy -- what a difference a day can make!

Description of Work
Blue Sky recently performed the following for us in our home -- They: 1) cleaned every window, inside and out, including those in the basement and garage; 2) cleaned the exterior of the skylights (but not the interiors -- we decided not to disturb the fresh paint job around them); 3) cleaned all the screens, except those around the screened porch (we decided to wait until spring to clean those); 4) cleaned the canopy, and 5) repaired a screen door.

Category screen repair, window cleaning, skylights

10/03/2012

Cheri R.

Have been using Blue Sky for several years. they come out once a year and do all the windows. They always do a great job and Bob is very responsive and punctual. will continue to use them.

Description of Work
Have Blue Sky clean windows inside and out

07/16/2012

Adele G.

Three individuals from the company came to clean windows inside and out. They took care of cleaning the screens as well and did a fantastic job.. They were very nice, polite and friendly. They went through pricing with me before starting to make sure we were in agreement and very accommodating to my budget. I used the coupon from Angie's list towards my original price which was a nice perk. Work was completed, I was very happy and would no doubt recommend and use their services again.

Description of Work
Cleaned window throughout my home along with all sliding doors in our sun room. Services performed were inside and outside, along with the window screens.

04/12/2012

James C.

We called the company, and, with very little notice, they were able to schedule our window cleaning in a timely manner. On the day of the scheduled cleaning, the crew called us to let us know they would be approximately 15 minutes late. I thought this was very courteous. Three men were in the cleaning crew and they put on foot "booties" while working inside. Since I work from home, I asked them to clean my window first, which they very willingly did. We were extremely satisfied with the cleaning job they did. They cleaned all of our windows, inside and out, and any screens we requested, as well. The crew was professional, polite and I would definitely recommend this company for window cleaning.

Description of Work
Complete window cleaning of our home, inside, outside and screens (as needed).

01/19/2012

Cindy L.

Prompt, friendly, reasonable, and efficient. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Bob came out and cleaned my entryway chandelier.

12/07/2011

LINDA C.

Bob and his team did a great job. All of the cords were neatly hidden away and the lights look great! They seem to be firmly attached so I'm not worried about them coming down with a little wind. It has rained a LOT since I accepted the estimate and I was out of town for a few days but Blue Sky still got to my job in a reasonable amount of time. While Bob was installing my lights he noticed water standing in my gutter due to leaves clogging the downspout so he cleaned out my gutter for me too! That was above and beyond the call of duty. I've put up my lights by myself the past few years and I wasn't sure I wanted to spend a couple hundred dollars to have someone else do it. However, I'm not that comfortable on a ladder (even though I only have a 1-story house) and this task was getting harder and harder for me to do so I decided to give Blue Sky a try. I'm so glad I did, it was well worth the money. My lights have never gone up so quickly and looked so good. I will defnitely be hiring them to do my lights again next year.

Description of Work
I had Christmas lights hung from my front gutter (1-story house) and also had a lighted train set up in my front yard. All lights were plugged into a timer. The price I indicated is for the installation and for removal in January and it includes tax; I forgot about my Angie's List coupon (oh no!) so the price could have been 10% less.

Category window cleaning, holiday decorators

11/16/2011

Gary R.

I gave that as a gift to my parents. I was definitely involved. My parents were very very pleased and so was I. They were very thorough. My mom talked about how long they took to clean the inside as well as the outside. They were very courteous. They went to great lengths to make sure that my parents were happy which I really appreciated. I would recommend them and I would definitely use them. Their price was good. I really can't say about their punctuality because I wasn't there when they showed up, but my mom never said anything about it.

Description of Work
Blue Sky Window Cleaning did window cleaning and gutter cleaning for my parents.

03/22/2011

Phyllis C.

Their performance was a representation of what they would do. They were on time and they did a good job. They don't do unnecessary discussion. They did a very nice work.

Description of Work
Blue Sky Window Cleaning did window cleaning for us in both the Cincinnati house and Oxford house. The work also included cleaning the leaves out of the gutters. The last time they came out was in fall.

03/18/2011

KENNETH C.

Overall, we were very satisfied with them.

Description of Work
Inside and outside window cleaning.

12/18/2010

DUANE B.

They were very nice and professional. I found them on Angie's List and was very impressed by their service. He doesn't ask for a contract, which I really appreciate so I can call when I need the service, not when they want to service my home.

Description of Work
They did a fall window and gutter cleaning.

06/19/2010

NOEL S.

Would not consider this company in the future.

Description of Work
Called twice for an estimate on gutter & window cleaning. I have never received an estimate.

Category window cleaning

My apologies, this happens every spring and fall, we receive far more requests than we could even fathom getting to and someone gets missed! Our waiting list in the spring is close to 50 extra requests per week beyond what my workforce can handle. My recommendation is not wait until the height of the busy season to call for the estimate. Call for an estimate before the season arrives, in late March or early April, that is not too early. Most people wait until they are ready to have the windows cleaned to call for the estimate, please try to call ahead to schedule your appointment. We are as busy as a doctor's office from April through January. We try to accommodate every one we talk to on the phone and give them an idea when we we'll come by but it doesn't always work out due to weather, scheduled graduation parties, real estate showings and wedding events in the spring! We apologize for any in convenience. We have over 1500 residential customers thanks to Angie's List and our award winning cleaning methods. Three weeks of November is already booked! So please call in September for an estimate don't wait until fall is upon us to get your estimate! The few window cleaning companies on Angie's List cannot handle all of Cincinnati and it's suburbs in a such a short period of time!

05/13/2010

MAREE S.

I've used his services a few times in the past and was typically happy. The first two times it turned out very well, but they sent out an unexperienced team for he last job. I decided to give them another shot and called for an appointment. He said he was familiar was my home and would either drop off an estimate or give me a call to set it up. I have yet to hear from him. I will most likely work with another company.

Description of Work
I contacted them to clean all the windows in my home (a rather large job).

Category window cleaning

Dear Member, My apologies, we were very swamped before you called and I thought I could get back to you right away. I was a little surprised you called for an estimate after we had cleaned your windows 4 or 5 times and I said the price was still the same. My suggestion is to go ahead a secure an appointment time and then get the info later. After you didn't hear from me right away just call me back. I had your info, but I worked until dark for 2 weeks and I didn't want to call too late at night. You have a small 1 story ranch with 40 panes we could have done it in a couple hours including storms! I regret I was not able to get to everyone this spring, but especially you because we always enjoy talking with you while we are there! God Bless You!

Da Vinci Designer Bathrooms

Tired of the average workmanship and poor customer service of other contractors? Look no further than Da Vinci! We pride ourselves on a satisfied customer every time and back all of our work with an 8 year workmanship warranty to show you that we stand behind our work. Give us a call today for a free estimate!

Offers by Da Vinci Designer Bathrooms on Angi
    Windows and More The Glass Block Guy

Windows and More has been owner operated and serving Cincinnati customers for 10 years! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Award 2022
    Offers by Windows and More The Glass Block Guy  on Angi
    Defender Glass Block

Glass Block Windows and Walls for Residential and Light Commercial. Over a decade of experience in the Cincinnati and Dayton Area. Highest quality installation for the best price in the city. Family owned and operated. We love our city, it's people, and glass block.

Award 2022
    Offers by Defender Glass Block on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Financing Available

GENERAL CONTRACTOR: HANDYMAN SERVICES, ROOFING, SIDING, CONCRETE, CARPENTRY, HOME, KITCHEN & BATH REMODELING, NEW CONSTRUCTION, ELECTRICAL, LIGHT ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING, WINDOW CLEANING RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL, (CHANDELIERS, CEILING FANS, SKYLIGHTS, GUTTER CLEANING) WINDOW & DOOR REPLACEMENT, PRESSURE WASHING

HOUSECLEANING.