Hague Water Conditioning

Founded 1960 • With Angi since January 1998

Say goodbye to your water problems! Hague Water Conditioning is an American owned company manufacturing its products in the USA, right here in Ohio. Hague is the oldest major water treatment manufacturer under continuous family ownership for over 60 years and home of the Water Max. The Water Max is

4.3

4.3

water softeners (28)plumbers (3)irrigation system (3)

07/25/2017

Penny R.

Terrible. It took 7 days for their insurance company to show up.and by the time they got here we had already dried the rug the best we could. So of course the saturated wall was dry. They only brought in dehumidifier a little to late.we are still waiting for carpet shampooing to pull the musty smell.

Description of Work
Another spin down filter cracked and flooded out our basement and soaked the drywall. This is the 2nd time.

Work Completed On 06/16/2017

02/21/2017

Chuck L.

Great, good price and great service

Description of Work
New water softner and remove old one.

Work Completed On 02/21/2017

09/27/2016

lisa W.

Great! Serviceman was very knowledgeable and helpful. We were holding our breath that it was going to cost an arm and a leg but the repair was very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
They fixed our non-functioning water softener by replacing a timer.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 08/29/2016

07/23/2015

Christopher H.

Results were not satisfactory, bladder in RO tank breached, did not offer to fix it. The Hague representative asked us to monitor the situation and they could come back and replace bladder. After Hague left, our drinking water pressure dropped substantially. This was the final straw of unacceptable products and service dating back a few years when there was a pre-mature failure of the water softener system. As consumers, we vote with our dollars. This is one of the worst customer experiences I have had as a consumer. We met with two (2) other providers and have subsequently replaced all of our Hague products with other equipment.

Description of Work
Semi-annual test of RO system, did not fix the problem, but still charged us for the service.

Work Completed On 02/06/2015

04/24/2014

Chris A.

They took two hours from the start to finish. The water was hard and rusty before and after the installation, it is crystal clear and soft. We are extremely pleased with our purchase!

Description of Work
New water softener/treatment system installed and reverse osmosis system.

Work Completed On 04/04/2014

03/28/2014

Kathy K.

It is fine. He knew his water softeners. They were there within days to install it, so it was very fast. It was good. I didn’t really shoot on price around a lot. I only priced around a couple of places and they were the first ones to actually answer my call. They are very responsive, and very quick.

Description of Work
They installed a water softener and hooked it for my water to drink from.

Work Completed On 12/05/2013

[member name removed], Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Hague. Our goal is to provide superior service and personalized attention to each and every customer; therefore, it is extremely helpful to receive feedback from valued customers such as you. We are glad to see that you are receiving the level of service that we strive to achieve. Thank you for placing your confidence in the Hague family and the Hague brand. We look forward to serving you in the future.

03/18/2014

Letitia Z.

A Hague representative came to my home to test the water. He was prompt, courteous and professional. He gave multiple options for water softening in my home. He answered all questions, and promptly got additional information to me the I had requested. After deciding to purchase a softener from Hague, they were able to install it next day. The installer was quick and left no mess. He showed me how the system worked, and how to maintain it.

Description of Work
Installed water softener

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 03/11/2014

11/15/2013

Robin F.

Hague employees were on time and explained what they were going to do. I felt very comfortable with them in my house. They were friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. They cleaned up after themselves and answered all our questions. I would gladly refer them to everyone one I know.

Description of Work
Installed a new water conditioner system and water purifier system.

Work Completed On 11/01/2013

[removed member name] Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Hague. Our goal is to provide superior service and personalized attention to each and every customer; therefore, it is extremely helpful to receive feedback from valued customers such as you. We are glad to see that you are receiving the level of service that we strive to achieve. Thank you for placing your confidence in the Hague family and the Hague brand. We look forward to serving you in the future.

09/05/2013

Paulette M.

I was having problems with cloudiness in my water. They’re always very friendly and helpful. They brought a new tank out for my softener. I spoke to them before the holiday and they called me yesterday to let me know they were bringing out the softener. I’ve used them for a while; they’ve always been helpful and found a solution.

Description of Work
They replaced a water softener.

Work Completed On 09/05/2013

[member name removed], Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Hague. Our goal is to provide superior service and personalized attention to each and every customer; therefore, it is extremely helpful to receive feedback from valued customers such as yourself. Thank you for placing your confidence in the Hague Water Conditioning.

08/21/2013

Michael S.

We talked with a Gentleman by the name of Bill. Bill has had many years of service with Hague so was very informative about the systems. After going through his demonstration and discussing what he could do to help with our Rust, Odor and sediment issue we discussed the cost. I really liked what Hague had to offer for our water issue and really wish I could have had them solve my issue. But at this time I can not afford the Hague water system. When I am able to I will give Bill a call and have him solve my water issues.

Description of Work
Pitched a Water Treatment unit

Work Completed On 08/07/2013

(removed member name), Thank you for allowing us to visit with you, and to help you identify the water problems that you are experiencing in your home. We look forward to working with you in the future to provide the best solution to your water problems.

05/29/2012

Richter G.

I used them a while ago. They were just in the middle of the road cost wise. They seemed to have a decent solution. It wasn't too elaborate or too cheap. The reason I stopped using them on a regular basis was because I had salt delivery service as well for the system I installed and they were always late for that. They installed the equipment and everything fine. That works well but I had also subscribed to their regular salt delivery service and that was never punctual.

Description of Work
I used Hague Water Conditioning to install an iron filtration system.

Work Completed On 12/20/2010

02/09/2012

Timothy B.

Long story short, the technician was great, and they found nothing wrong. In addition, they brought me free owners manuals for the system as I did not have them. Great service, very friendly and will call them in the future.

Description of Work
I called Hague to ask a few questions regarding their water softening product that is in our home that we recently bought. They offered to have a technician come out an take a look at our system to make sure it was working properly. They stated that they would not charge for the service call but would have to charge for parts if anything needed to be replaced or repaired.

Work Completed On 01/25/2012

02/02/2011

Ron & Vickie R.

The technician came without having the parts required to make the repair. Also didn't bring the correct number of filters. This required the technician to take the unit back to their shop for repair. Actually, taking the unit back to the shop for repair was at my suggestion. This then required a second service call. It would be helpful if Hague would at least give you a morning or afternoon appointment but they didn't This required me to sit at home the entire day waiting for them to show up. They also don't call shortly before arriving, which has become a common courtesy for many service providers.

Description of Work
Requested Hague to send a service technician to repair our Reverse Osmosis water system. Several of the fittings were leaking. Also asked to change the filters.

Work Completed On 01/26/2011

10/19/2009

RICHARD S.

The salesperson was quite good at selling the product, but, he made a couple of goofy claims and I had to call the main office to discuss it with the manager. The manager said that what the salesman said is not correct, but, we went ahead and bought the products. The water treatment system has an electronic control in it and it does not just soften the water, but, it removes the bad elements from the water and produces very nice quality water. In addition to that they put in an apparatus under the sink for drinking water or cooking water and that is probably the package. It has worked out very well. I thought the overall price is reasonable. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I bought water treatment system from them.

Work Completed On 05/05/2009

10/20/2008

ROSEMARY C.

We have iron in our water. They came out and installed a new water softener unit. We leased the unit and was given 90 days to return the unit if we were not happy. In two weeks we called to return the unit because the softener was not doing a good job. They didn't call in a timely manner to come pick up the system. I asked for my money back as well, but they said they could not refund any of my money. I would not recommend them to anyone. I thought he was trustworthy but he wasn't. They have ruined my bath tub because of the water softener.

Description of Work
Installed new water softener system.

Cost $119.51

If our rental equipment is in good working order, providing the service promised upon installation, we do not refund past rental payments if a customer chooses to have the equipment removed. We do allow a customer to have rental equipment removed at anytime with no strings attached or cancellation costs; as was the case with Member. In this particular case, we did pick up the equipment on 11/19/08; and, although not customary policy, in an effort to provide this customer with 100% satisfaction we did provide a refund to Member in the amount of $145.13 (the full amount paid to us for rent). We are proud of our reputation as providing the highest quality products and service available in our industry. It is disheartening that we went above and beyond in this case to make this customer happy and they still made it their task to provide such unfavorable, and frankly dishonest, comments about our company.

07/11/2008

JOANN D.

I like that they are prompt. I like that they are always on time. I like how they call and let me know when they are planning a delivery, that way I know when they are arriving.

Description of Work
I pay for 3 80lb bags of salt to be delivered to my home for my water softener.

11/03/2007

RON D.

We chose not to purchase from Hague. Their products were too expensive. Even though they had several payment plans, we could not afford them. Instead, we purchased from a local plumber, who installed a new water softening system for less than half the price.

Description of Work
A salesman came to our home. He was thorough and professional. He tested our water and explained their products.

06/12/2007

Robert C.

Lengthy sales presentation and water analysis. Installation scheduled a few days in future. Installer arrived as scheduled, removed old softener, but also removed large existing sediment filter, in violation of contract instructions. I requested sediment filter be reinstalled as stated in contract, was told it had been damaged and would require repair at my expense. Expressed dissatisfaction to salesman; subsequently my sediment filter was "repaired" and reinstalled as originally specified, without added cost, about a week later.

Description of Work
Replaced failed water softener.

01/26/2007

TOBIN R.

I was looking for a water softener system for my entire home. While shopping at Home Depot I met a Hague sales rep. I provided my contact info and received a call the next business day. The sales person was courteous but odd. He showed up on time and provided a 40 minute presentation which included testing the water, multiple demonstrations, etc. I opted to try the system on a rental basis first. Rental costs are $29 per month with the option to buy within 3 months. Overall good experience. Some pressure to buy and sign paperwork during the demonstration - offered discount of $300 off to decide that night. The system will be installed in a few days.

Description of Work
Sales representative came to my home and provided an in home demonstration.

12/29/2005

KAREN R.

The price for one of their best conditioners seemed reasonable. However, we elected not to go with Hague based on some previous Angie's List reports. The salesman was very knowledgeable and pleasant enough. However, on more than one occasion, he interrupted his sales presentation with, ''Gee, I really wish your husband were here'' (Little did he realize that I have full control of the checkbook in this household). The reason my husband wasn't present in the first place was because the salesman rescheduled our original appointment!

Description of Work
Hague gave us an estimate for installing a softener to take care of the iron, hardness, and sulfur smell from our well water.

08/05/2005

HOLLY S.

THE SALES PITCH LASTED ABOUT 2 HOURS AND THE REP WOULD NOT LEAVE EVEN AFTER WE SAID ''NO'' SEVERAL TIMES. HE CLAIMED THAT HAGUE HAD DESIGNED PURIFICATION SYSTEMS FOR WENDY'S, PEPSI, AQUAFINA, RED LOBSTER, AND CHILDRENS' HOSPITAL, AMONGST OTHERS. THE SYSTEM WAS VASTLY OVERPRICED (OVER DOUBLE WHAT WE ENDED UP PAYING FOR A DIFFERENT SYSTEM WE'RE NOW THRILLED WITH) AND I WAS OFFENDED BY THE HIGH-PRESSURE TACTICS. I'VE RESEARCHED THE COMPANY; IT IS BEING SUED BY THE MO ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR CONSUMER FRAUD, BASED ON BOGUS REPRESENTATIONS IN THE SALES PITCH INCLUDING FALSE CLAIMS THAT HAGUE DESIGNED TREATMENT SYSTEMS FOR PEPSI, RED LOBSTER, CHILDRENS' HOSPITAL...I INTEND TO FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE OHIO AG AND THE BBB, AND PERHAPS SEND A DEMAND LETTER PURSUANT TO THE OH HOME SOLICITATION SALES ACT (CHAP. 1345 OF THE REVISED CODE) TO HAGUE'S CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS. WITH THESE ILLEGAL AND UNETHICAL SALES PRACTICES, I SHUDDER TO THINK OF A HAGUE REP BARGING INTO MY GRANDPARENTS' HOME....

Description of Work
OUR WELL WATER LEFT RUST STAINS ON EVERYTHING AND HAD AN AWFUL SULFUR ODOR AND TASTE. WE NEEDED A SOFTENER/TREATMENT SYSTEM TO REMOVE THE RUST AND SULFUR ODOR. A HAGUE SALESPERSON LEFT A DIRECT SOLICITATION FLYER ON EVERY MAILBOX ON OUR STREET; WE SUBMITTED A CONTACT FORM SO THE HAGUE REP COULD CALL US TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT. HE DID NOT CALL AHEAD -- RATHER, THE REP SHOWED UP AT OUR HOUSE UNANNOUNCED. WE WERE IN THE BARN (SINCE WE WEREN'T EXPECTING ANYBODY) SO DID NOT HEAR THE DOORBELL. WHEN NOBODY ANSWERED THE DOOR, HE ENTERED AND WALKED THROUGH OUR HOUSE, EXITING INTO THE BACKYARD WHERE HE FOUND US. WE ASKED HIM TO LEAVE, WHICH HE DID. SEVERAL MONTHS LATER, WE STILL NEEDED A TREATMENT SYSTEM AND CONTACTED HAGUE FOR INFO. THE SAME REP APPEARED AT OUR HOUSE (AGAIN, WITHOUT APPOINTMENT) AT 8PM TO COMPLETE A WATER ANALYSIS. HE CLAIMED IT WOULD TAKE ''A FEW MINUTES''. I SHOULD HAVE KICKED HIM OUT, BUT WAS DESPERATE TO FIND A SOLUTION TO OUR WATER PROBLEM....

Category water softeners

The idea that a person would simply walk into a house uninvited doesn’t sound logical or credible. It is mind boggling to think that anyone would consider this dangerous act; lending to the questionability of this claim is the fact that the customer actually called our company to come back out two months later to test their water. There is no set of circumstances I can imagine where I would invite a company to come to my home after they walked through my house uninvited as this customer has claimed. We are very proud to say that the claims by our sales representative that our company has provided water treatment solutions for companies such as Pepsi, Red Lobster, and Children’s Hospital are true. We have, in fact, provided these, and many other companies with water treatment systems. With reference to the research that this consumer conducted regarding a law suit against our company, this customer is misinformed. The law suit referenced was a company in Kansas City, Missouri. We are an independent Hague Authorized Dealership and are not associated with this company in any way. We have never been sued by the Attorney General for any reason, including consumer fraud. We take great pride in providing a valuable service to our customers. We go to great lengths to provide continuous training to our sales associates to ensure that our customers are educated about their water and the solutions available to them. Our product is the most efficient domestic water treatment system on the market manufactured using the finest material and state-of-the-art technology, offering the best warranty in the industry; because of this we believe our product sells itself and never teach or endorse high pressure sales tactics.

11/09/2004

ALYSSA P.

THE COMPANY DID A WONDERFUL JOB. THE IS THE BEST WATER I HAVE TASTED IN YEARS.

Description of Work
THE COMPANY INSTALLED A WATER SOFTENER

02/05/2004

WANDA H.

I HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE SYSTEM, THE INSTALLERS WERE VERY YOUNG, BUT THEY SEEMED TO KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING. I HAD GOTTEN ABOUT 4 OTHER ESTIMATES AND THEIRS WAS THE BEST. THEY DID THE JOB IN 2 SESSIONS, THE IN HOUSE CONNECTION IN 2002 AND FROZE THE PRICE FOR ME UNTIL THE SECOND PHASE IN SUMMER 2003. THEY WERE WONDERFUL AND I LIKED WORKING WITH THEM, I THINK THIS IS A FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS.

Description of Work
THEY PUT IN AN UNDER GROUND SPRINKLER SYSTEM.

Category irrigation systems